SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Page 70 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 70 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by Ash2214 Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:00 pm

ironcat wrote:In Chicago, 90K won't go all that far, it would make him moderately successful for someone in their mid 30's (compared to the average, college educated population, NOT Bachelor Nation).  The important factor would be how much he is earning in commissions and/or bonuses, that's where the serious money gets made.  All I'm saying is IF Nick did quit SalesForce to focus all his efforts into modeling, it indicates to me that he wasn't making all that much extra in his sales job, or he is becoming obsessed with fame, or both.  And I agree that I hope he isn't that stupid.

(This is based on my 30 years of experience as a head hunter, BTW.)

I was going to say something similar to this. No matter what sales company it is, if you're not producing and selling, you're not making much at all. A website can say he's making 90k, but in 90% of sales companies, it's mostly based off of your production and commission.

A lot of sales companies suck people in saying you can make 100k a year, but in reality you could have a base salary of 30k a year and the rest you could potentially make in commission and bonuses, which aren't the easiest to come by.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 70 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:25 pm

And if you're not performing, you're out. Never mind taking countless weeks off of work and returning to work when you're done seeking fame or whenever you feel like it.

IMHO Nick getting into modelling has nothing to do with money but all about doing something different whether it pans out or not. He wouldn't have had this opportunity if it wasn't for this franchise. We can say the same thing for every single contestant whether they become successful in their attempts at something knew, or whether they fade away.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71763

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:47 pm

isittrue wrote:I actually hope there comes a day when we stop discussing him and move on to something else.  Maybe when he returns to his normal life like he claimed he was going to do.. But I think he enjoys the attention too much now for that to happen.

Nick seems to be the person that people sought out after the show, rather than K or S.  You can't fault him for that. As far as discussing something else, it's everyone's option whether they choose to discuss him or avoid it altogether.
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1359

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:49 pm

I also think he's seeking it out more than K&S in a way, which I totally didn't see coming tbh.

Of course it's still early, maybe he'll move on from campaigning to be on TV shows and go back to SalesForce.

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 70 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:16 pm

bleuberry wrote:I also think he's seeking it out more than K&S in a way, which I totally didn't see coming tbh.

Of course it's still early, maybe he'll move on from campaigning to be on TV shows and go back to SalesForce.

Yeah, I'm interested to see where he'll be 6mo-year from now. I could see it going either way, although my personal prediction is that he'll be dating some ex-reailty TV star and will still pop up in tabloids. I don't really see him pulling a Chantal, with him completely disappearing from the Internet and just leading a normal life, but time will tell!

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:28 pm

I think that if you gave Nick two extreme options:

1.) To chose the Hollywood lifestyle with all that goes with it... Money, fame, attention, brand recognition... Whether by a successful modeling career, being the next Bachelor or winning the next DWTS glitter ball, it doesn't matter.

Or,

2.) To find the love of his life, settle down in the suburbs of Chicago, fade into the background of past reality TV characters, have a family and get together for BBQs on the weekend with friends and fantasy football.

I think that Nick would choose option number two.  

However, life is not always black and white.  He doesn't have two opposing options at this time.  He has something in between.  So for now, until he finds the love of his life, I think that he is planning to settle for a compromise.  Why not try the Hollywood lifestyle or modeling while he looks for the love of his life?  Why not have a sampling of both?  Like he said, "have his cake and eat it too."

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:42 pm

:alltens: :claphands :claphands

OnePromise wrote:I think that if you gave Nick two extreme options:

1.) To chose the Hollywood lifestyle with all that goes with it... Money, fame, attention, brand recognition... Whether by a successful modeling career, being the next Bachelor or winning the next DWTS glitter ball, it doesn't matter.

Or,

2.) To find the love of his life, settle down in the suburbs of Chicago, fade into the background of past reality TV characters, have a family and get together for BBQs on the weekend with friends and fantasy football.

I think that Nick would choose option number two.  

However, life is not always black and white.  He doesn't have two opposing options at this time.  He has something in between.  So for now, until he finds the love of his life, I think that he is planning to settle for a compromise.  Why not try the Hollywood lifestyle or modeling while he looks for the love of his life?  Why not have a sampling of both?  Like he said, "have his cake and eat it too."

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:50 pm

when you put it that way OP I don't know if I think Nick will 100% pick option 1 I don't see him as someone who is happy living the cookie cutter life. He is exhilarated by new adventures and challenges and I can see that part of the reason he would gravitate more towards the hollywood option. I don't see him as the guy that'll be content with a quite life in the burbs without any quirks -- even when he gets married i think he'll seek out the girl that's got the adventurous streak and that will keep things spicy and interesting -- look at the two girls he fell for in the past couple of years?
I can see him more like JP where he'd be extremely happy as a dad and family man but can really see him as someone who would seek some excitement and intrigue for his life and would want a partner who would do the same. Speaking of which why the heck is he and JB not together? Was the spark not there??
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:02 pm

emusha wrote:when you put it that way OP I don't know if I think Nick will 100% pick option 1 I don't see him as someone who is happy living the cookie cutter life. He is exhilarated by new adventures and challenges and I can see that part of the reason he would gravitate more towards the hollywood option. I don't see him as the guy that'll be content with a quite life in the burbs without any quirks -- even when he gets married i think he'll seek out the girl that's got the adventurous streak and that will keep things spicy and interesting -- look at the two girls he fell for in the past couple of years?
I can see him more like JP where he'd be extremely happy as a dad and family man but can really see him as someone who would seek some excitement and intrigue for his life and would want a partner who would do the same. Speaking of which why the heck is he and JB not together? Was the spark not there??

For sure, I agree with you Emusha. Nick likes an adventurous girl and when they do "settle down", I am sure it will involve some type of spicy twist. I guess I just see that as picking option one as ultimately what is most important to Nick will be his wife, kids, extended family and friends... Not Hollywood. I see JP as picking option one as well. Just because JP live tweets doesn't make him not 100% option one. Smiley JMO though.

And as for JB... Completely speculation here, but I am thinking that when Nick and she met and really talked about their views on life, they must have had a few things not fully lining up in order to not pursue a relationship. But who knows...

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:11 pm

These folks are living their lives and taking every opportunity that comes their way. 

I have no qualms with how Nick choses to live his and what he wants to do. 

For those that care on LinkedIn in his 1st year at salesforce he achieved 160% quota for FY2014 ( Nick's LinkedIn) . And he is only been there for 2years 7 months. So clearly if he wasn't making his targets he wouldn't be there plus he would not have been able to get time off to do the show.
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:51 pm

^^^
Thanks it just proves what I thought of him that he is dedicated to his job and works hard at it. Even while doing two shows very impressive .
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:58 pm

OnePromise wrote:Because I'm a numbers, accuracy type person, I took one for the team and counted the number of shirtless pictures on Nick's IG just for perspective.  There are a total of 12 shirtless IG postings.  A dozen.  Out of almost 300 total.  That's a whopping 4%.  
Darn. 4% is not cutting it. I do wonder... out  of that 4%... how many are professional photographs opposed to the many we see by other guys from this franchise who posts pics of themselves shirtless?

Bottom line, if Nick wants to model he will need to promote that side of him - especially on his SM.

With male models, it is always more about the physique/body and shirtless pics. David Beckham does underwear as does countless other models. Nick actually reminds me of another model (not facially similar but similar in that they are not the typical model guy... more cute than rugged) who forayed into movies... Jamie Dornan (Calvin Klein model and 50ShadesofGrey actor).
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

+59
GuardianAngel
jen689
Bet2Win
FLChica
Mustang19