SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6

Page 52 of 79 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 65 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6 - Page 52 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Kaitlyn, Nick, Cupcake and Ben from their post-show behaviour has showed me that they are not the people who I thought they were. Ironically, the only consistent person has been Shawn.

As for Nick, he is definitely enjoying the attention. Once he started putting shirtless pics up, that's when he fell from the pedestal I put him on. I still like the guy and think that he is super interesting, but he is not the dream man and knight that I thought he was.

In saying that, if he enjoys the attention and wants to live life without 'what ifs', go for it! He has a lot of support, his job seems to love him to be giving him so much leave, he clearly doesn't care about his reputation.

I reckon he'll sleep with more than one person, producers will make him do things he doesn't want to do and he'll look like a hypocrite. He'll realise what Andi and Kaitlyn will have gone through and play victim again. He will make for excellent tv.

I told myself that I'll stop watching this show, but if Nick is the bach, I'm going to be glued  to my screen.

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6 - Page 52 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:50 pm

happydays wrote:Kaitlyn, Nick, Cupcake and Ben from their post-show behaviour has showed me that they are not the people who I thought they were. Ironically, the only consistent person has been Shawn.

As for Nick, he is definitely enjoying the attention. Once he started putting shirtless pics up, that's when he fell from the pedestal I put him on. I still like the guy and think that he is super interesting, but he is not the dream man and knight that I thought he was.

In saying that, if he enjoys the attention and wants to live life without 'what ifs', go for it! He has a lot of support, his job seems to love him to be giving him so much leave, he clearly doesn't care about his reputation.

I reckon he'll sleep with more than one person, producers will make him do things he doesn't want to do and he'll look like a hypocrite. He'll realise what Andi and Kaitlyn will have gone through and play victim again. He will make for excellent tv.

I told myself that I'll stop watching this show, but if Nick is the bach, I'm going to be glued  to my screen.

I don't put anyone from this show on a pedestal. I always remember that they had to go through a pretty crazy application process to get on this show, so it's never this casual "oh, my sister/friend signed me up for it and I thought why not?" that they pretend it is. It takes a very particular type of person to go on reality TV, and they all share certain traits of being self-absorbed, obsessed with attention, and constantly looking for validation, at least to a certain degree. Even Sean's, the most perfect person in the franchise, showed he exhibits those traits from his reaction to CWS/latest blog post. All I ask for is some integrity and kindness. I feel like Kaitlyn and Shawn just don't have that AT ALL. I don't think that the other three are perfect, but they haven't shown me anything to suggest that they lack those traits.

Having said that, my favorites from this franchise (Reid, Arie, Roberto, Jillian) have all disappointed me in some way or another post-filming, so I always try to remember that I don't know these people and I am capable of being fooled by what I see on TV.

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:54 pm

happydays wrote:Kaitlyn, Nick, Cupcake and Ben from their post-show behaviour has showed me that they are not the people who I thought they were. Ironically, the only consistent person has been Shawn.

Agree with most of your post especially regarding N but don't think I have much interest in watching Nick as the Bachelor. I am probably more interested in watching SM and board reactions to what happens . just a little weary of the guy at this point .

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:59 pm

chasingpavements wrote:

I don't put anyone from this show on a pedestal. I always remember that they had to go through a pretty crazy application process to get on this show, so it's never this casual "oh, my sister/friend signed me up for it and I thought why not?" that they pretend it is. It takes a very particular type of person to go on reality TV, and they all share certain traits of being self-absorbed, obsessed with attention, and constantly looking for validation, at least to a certain degree. Even Sean's, the most perfect person in the franchise, showed he exhibits those traits from his reaction to CWS/latest blog post. All I ask for is some integrity and kindness. I feel like Kaitlyn and Shawn just don't have that AT ALL. I don't think that the other three are perfect, but they haven't shown me anything to suggest that they lack those traits.

Having said that, my favorites from this franchise (Reid, Arie, Roberto, Jillian) have all disappointed me in some way or another post-filming, so I always try to remember that I don't know these people and I am capable of being fooled by what I see on TV.

Oh yeah 100% As for Shawn being consistent, I mean the show has showed him to be an insecure person and his post-show behaviour is only proving that so no surprises there.

K's behaviour has been disgusting. Out of all the people I have followed, she has been the most disappointing. There are no excuses for mean-spirited behaviour and she has been showing that in her interviews time and time again.

I do believe Nick is a bit self-absorbed and plays the victim card a lot. I know a lot of people in my life who are like that. I myself have been like that at times. I don't believe that he is a bad guy and think that he would make a fantastic husband to any girl. Nick going on the bach would not surprise me. Whether he goes on it or not, he'll be ok. He has thick skin and a lot of support from his loved ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:32 pm

Thinking about the people who (want to) go on these TB shows ... they all have 1 thing in common ... not the attention seeking (although that is one of the most common denominators) ... but changing their own lives, because somewhere "deep down" inside them they aren't completely satisfied with the life they live/have. IMO. So why putting on a pedestal an unrest soul? ... JMO, maybe we're just trying to win/overcome our own battles/challenges through their characters?

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:53 pm

I think there is a very good chance of Nick being TB. Ben H., although cute, is too young and not dynamic enough to carry the show.

Did anyone think that Nick looked like Ryan Reynolds in his modeling pics?
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:54 pm

Julie=Mystery woman?

Bachelorette Runner-Up Nick Viall Has Cozy Night Out with Mystery Brunette

http://www.people.com/article/nick-viall-date-night-with-mystery-blonde?xid=IFT-Section
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:06 am

rosesrREd wrote:I think there is a very good chance of Nick being TB. Ben H., although cute, is too young and not dynamic enough to carry the show.

Did anyone think that Nick looked like Ryan Reynolds in his modeling pics?

Yes, he could be Ryan's body double in one of his movies giggling
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:16 am

happygolucky wrote:Thinking about the people who (want to) go on these TB shows ... they all have 1 thing in common ... not the attention seeking (although that is one of the most common denominators) ... but changing their own lives, because somewhere "deep down" inside them they aren't completely satisfied with the life they live/have. IMO. So why putting on a pedestal an unrest soul? ... JMO, maybe we're just trying to win/overcome our own battles/challenges through their characters?

That is quite insightful! Yeah I do believe that we watch TV to escape from our own lives, but people who become a bit more invested, i.e. people like us who come onto forums, do like to analyse people to use our own perspectives and experiences to pick apart tv personas and to learn from each other.
I can say, joining this forum has been a lot of fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:20 am

I watch simply for entertainment. I couldn't care less if a monkey is chosen as the lead and a raccoon is the F1.
In fact, in some seasons the above might have made better couples and lasted longer.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:40 am

BlackHalo wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:
I have plenty to criticize right now when someone who claimed they weren't looking for their "16th minute of fame" is trying desperately at a third year at this. If it doesn't work out with his pick will he do BIP 3 next? When does it end? laugh out loud I have no problem with his taste in women. They are not the problem.

They actually are the problem. They dump him and give him plenty to complain about. As for having done two shows, he is now the same as any lead or most who did BP or BiP. With three he will be equal to Tenley, Michael from Jilly's Season, Graham, Michelle Money, and I am sure I am missing some. If he then does BiP and makes it four, then he is at Chris Soules, Catherine Lowe, and Jason's league. Now if he makes to five reality shows, then he can be best buds with our reigning reality show king Sean.

I guess he is in good company. Hugesmile
A lot of guys get strung along, get dumped, take the high road and don't complain about it. I thought Nick was wrong to call out Andi last season. This year he "learned his lesson" so to speak and didn't call out Kaitlyn for sexting or whatever the heck they were doing. Progress.

And I think any one of those people that do this show 3, 4, 5 times is desperate. Not just Nick. At least he's not alone. giggling

Well since he as of this moment is still just 2, he is safe for now.

rosesrREd wrote:
nannymargie wrote:Nick has been engaged once and rejected twice on the show which is not a good record on his part. There has to be something not quiet right for him to still be single at 34.

Really?  I think most of us have dated multiple people before finding the one that we marry.  I didn't realize there was an age requirement on when to be married by.  In fact, most women are waiting until 30s to get married because they focus on their career instead.  It doesn't mean there is something wronf with them, but rather trying to be secure financially before they marry.  This very well could be the case with Nick.

I married in my early 20s, it was a disaster and I was divorced by 30. It was devastating to me to be divorced, I grew up Catholic and was breaking a sacrament. I took plenty of time to get to know myself and be sure before even thinking of marrying again. I remarried in my 40s and found him at 36, so I guess I suck. Or maybe Nick is like me and after almost making a mistake he made the decision to not keep repeating the same mistake and to know himself before he sought a serious relationship. I would say his picker is still off, because I knew from watching JPG's season that SWSNBN was a cold mean person. As for this season's hose beast, well I can't believe he ever thought she was marriage material. So yeah, if they sign him for bachelor, hopefully they get Brad's counselor back for him.

mindless wrote:
nannymargie wrote:
Rolly wrote:snipped

I disagree with this.....

The number of times someone has been rejected is not an indication to me of the quality of the person. Being rejected means to me he has taken a risk and put himself out there. Granted there was a lot that we did not see but K for many reasons she seemed to lead N on. He knew what he was getting into and took the risk anyway. Because K chose S doesn't mean there is something wrong with N.

And there are lots of terrific people that are single at 34 and older. To me it's better to be single than 50% of the married people that end up getting divorced...usually more than once. Is there a certain age that people need to be married by? What is that magic age? This may sound snarky and I really don't mean it to be. I just think it's sad when someone is in their 30's or 40's and single and people thinks that there is something wrong with them.

JMOAA

I don't mean there is something wrong literally but there is just something with him that women reject at the last minute.  We only see part of Nick but these women have spent a lot of time with him and know him best.  When it comes to the final decision he ends up the loser or winner however you want to look at it.  Also IMO if he really is ready to settle down and start a family this shows odds are not the way to go.  

Eh, if these were real life long-term relationships with the women bailing just before he's about to pop the question I might wonder what's up, but they aren't. 24/25 contestants on this show get dumped and if you're in the F2, there's a 50% chance it's you. Both seasons the lead had their eye on their F1 since night one. The fact that Nick managed to distract them so much they fell into bed with him and said ILY's and whatnot is pretty impressive IMO. The other 23-24 couldn't do it. Does that mean there's something even more wrong with them? If it weren't for Josh being there or Shawn being there, Nick would've ended up engaged. Would it have lasted? I highly doubt it, but not because of him. He is the man he presents himself as and has a stable life in Chicago. Anyone would be lucky to have him IMHO. It's not easy finding the right one though, if you want it to last forever. Better to pick wisely than end up divorced!

Oh and when it comes to Nick's previous engagement, it was when he was 27 and in his own words it was "a very immature relationship" and they were engaged "for a minute". Sounds a bit like Jodi.

Yes and yes Rolly and mindless!

leselihau wrote:She said it on the AOL Build interview.  They asked what they would miss most about the show...and they both thought for awhile and couldn't come up with anything and then she said "is it wrong to say Free Booze" and they both laughed.

Really...what else is there that she could miss?  She probably won't miss the drama.

I have to laugh....I find it funny that people that admittedly don't like them still take time to watch their media interviews.  But that's like people that don't like them but follow them on Social Media.  I will never understand that.

You mean like the people who know what Nick favorited even though they don't like him? This so seriously goes both ways. I have refused to follow the shallow couple on SM or watch their media, just not worth my time at all, so I only hear about it here and I am even avoiding their media thread here too.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:46 am

rosesrREd wrote:
nannymargie wrote:Nick has been engaged once and rejected twice on the show which is not a good record on his part. There has to be something not quiet right for him to still be single at 34.

Really?  I think most of us have dated multiple people before finding the one that we marry.  I didn't realize there was an age requirement on when to be married by.  In fact, most women are waiting until 30s to get married because they focus on their career instead.  It doesn't mean there is something wronf with them, but rather trying to be secure financially before they marry.  This very well could be the case with Nick.

There isn't and I wish more people would understand this. It personally drives me nuts that my more conservative or traditional relatives and friends go by this and expect everyone to be married (once, too) with a baby and a house all by like 30. The pressure is really annoying. I just want to do me. And I'm sure this relates to Nick- everything happens for a reason. He is exactly where he is supposed to be.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 79 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 65 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6

+75
DMBFan
quietpal
ReneeM
Lymie36
rhondam