SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 49 of 81 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 65 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 49 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Alanna Tue May 19, 2015 10:01 am

bleuberry wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:
mindless wrote:Well nice to have confirmation that Kaitlyn and Chris did it. Figured as much from comments post-show.

I am really surprised that she actually confirmed it, considering she is such good friends with Whitney. I feel like she could have just made a joke about it and said "yup, I saw him naked when he and Jimmy took a shower together!". But, for her to say "I was fully naked too"? Seemed kind of unnecessary. It also kind of verifies, for me, that she wasn't really heartbroken over Chris, but just hurt over being dumped the day after being physical with a guy.

Ditto. Even a 'no comment' would've done the job. hmmm

Still, not a surprising revelation in the least. But how tacky.
And most importantly, confirms to me there is no f1. She would never talk like that knowing there was a man she's engaged to out there watching her.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 49 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by MiniDiva Tue May 19, 2015 10:08 am

^^Ryan Secreast shouldn't have asked the question in the first place but Kaitlyn should have dodged the reply, IMO.  What ever happened to it is none of your business and TMI?  cantstopl
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 10:14 am

I'm not sure where you guys are referencing the "full Menick" quote from. Is it from the Robyn ross interview here?: http://www.tvguide.com/news/bachelorette-premiere-chris-harrison/

Because he explains that by "full mesnick" he's referring to the balcony-crying thing, not the going back on the decisions thing. At least, that is what I understood from it. Another thing, I watched the whole interview (30+ minutes) and more than the "full-Mesnick" refernce, I got stuck on his description of the "super teaser". The "super teaser" is usually what comes at the end of the first episode of the season that teases the entire season, and basically he said it was gold. In the interview he says he's shocked that it was greenlit to even be aired, which is STUNNING to me. Like, WHAT could it even contain??

so more than anything else, I'm excited to see this super teaser. I really think it can hold the answers to all of our questions about Kaitlyn, her intent, what went wrong etc.

Also, side note: I know people are going after Kaitlyn for the Ryan Seacrest interview, but I actually thought it was classic Kaitlyn. I sent the link of the ryan seacrest interview to a friend of mine who likes Britt and doesn't get my liking for Kaitlyn, because I was like, "dude, look at how real she is!"

I mean, she's honest, to a fault sometimes for sure, but seeing someone that honest on the Bachelor/Bachelorette is rare and so refreshing. And I also like how she's unapologetic - about her decisions, about her edginess, about her sexuality. I remember in Women Tell All, she was confronting Chris and she was like "we really needed and deserved the overnight" which basically was obvious to me that they had sex.. and heres she's like "yeah, i've slept on the first date!" She's so easily going to be sl*t-shamed for that, you know? Especially Bachelor-watching people. And I think, to some extent, she is being here. She probably knows that too - and yet all of her decisions come from a place of honesty including perhaps not picking someone in the end, even though she knows she will get dragged through the mud for it.

I really think, by the end of the season, we will see everyone, again, empathize with Kaitlyn. You just... can't not because there is sincerity there. If you go back to the thread about her on Chris' season here, everyone started off judging this personality of hers - this unapologetic, unapologetically sexual, honest to a fault personality, and then quickly both the girls in the house as well as the audience grew to prefer that over the usual sweet, fake women the show kind of... encourages. Anyway, my two cents! Excited for this season! I really do believe this one will be nothing like we've seen before. We've got a GREAT lead :cutesmile!:

Last edited by freeflowingsalt on Tue May 19, 2015 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "it teases the entire season" not entire "episode")

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue May 19, 2015 10:30 am

^^ Emotional honesty between two people to help them sort through their feelings is one thing; honesty which is meant to justify actions or comments to the public is something else. A former Bach’ette was ‘honest’ about sleeping with her F2, saying she was a grown woman and could do what she wanted. Ok, it was honest, but not very tactful.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 19, 2015 10:35 am

This show is no one's friend. In the past it has been particularly brutal with women, in particular, and has a reputation of even being misogynist in nature. We could probably open and fill a new thread with specific examples over the years. 
My personal feeling is Kaitlyn is not going to leave this season smelling like a rose and her post show appearances make her look like a wilted rose on it's last days. 
This goes along with whatever, Mesnick may happen. To me, it makes no difference what may have caused that anguish, but the fact that afterwards she still looks shell shocked and wishing to go back to her prior life. 
The edit had her looking wilted last night. 
As far as her personality: 
I am a person who is pretty up front and speaks my mind. I have found that it is better to utilize more judgement at sharing my frankness and sincerity when outside of my close circle of friends. This came with age and maturity. Because you "can" say something does not translate to you "should".  Again this attitude came with maturity. 
Often the show takes the strengths of the main from their first season as one of the cast and projects this same strength into a weakness the next season when they become the main. I guess we'll see what happens.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue May 19, 2015 10:42 am

Kashathediva wrote:(snipped) 
I have found that it is better to utilize more judgment at sharing my frankness and sincerity when outside of my close circle of friends. This came with age and maturity. Because you "can" say something does not translate to you "should".  

:yes: K made her point on TWTA. Chris told her he loved her; that fact alone was enough to paint a picture, right? what more did she have to say?? Was she hoping to garner sympathy in anticipation of the upcoming debacle??
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 10:53 am

SueSt wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:(snipped) 
I have found that it is better to utilize more judgment at sharing my frankness and sincerity when outside of my close circle of friends. This came with age and maturity. Because you "can" say something does not translate to you "should".  

:yes: K made her point on TWTA.  Chris told her he loved her; that fact alone was enough to paint a picture, right?  what more did she have to say??  Was she hoping to garner sympathy in anticipation of the upcoming debacle??

But then we could make that argument about her having utilized judgement about her "tight seal" joke, or "plough my ******** field" joke. I mean, this is Kaitlyn - like I said, honest to a fault, but still refreshing in light of the usual bachelorettes/contestants. I personally love that about her, which is why I was sharing that link proudly and kind of surprised to see the backlash.

And honestly, I don't think it's a revelation that they slept together in the fantasy suite. She lead with that when they met, haha, and it was insinuated a bunch of times too. This time she was directly asked, and she answered in yes or no. I don't think it's a big deal. But anyway, to each their own. This is a bachelorette I can really relate to, so I'm happy about that/her. And no one sympathizes when a girl accepts this casually having made the decision to have sex with someone... you know? If she wanted sympathy, she could have gone off about how she loved Chris, not joking about sex. Not to a Bachelor audience. Kaitlyn is just... Kaitlyn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 19, 2015 11:00 am

I would be the last person to argue against sincerity, bluntness and snark. Believe me. cantstopl
However, I do believe from what I have seen in the history of this show, it is going to be used to crucify her in her upcoming edit. It's already gotten backlash on that particular interview. 
Like I said, there are lot of things in hindsight I learned could have followed the route of "Because I can does not mean I should".  It's a fine line to walk with those of us cursed with the blunt gene.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue May 19, 2015 11:00 am

I wouldn't call it a backlash at least on here, not sure what others are saying? Kaitlyn still seems pretty well-liked even despite the spoiler and her FS comment. I don't think that will last unfortunately and I hope she has a good support system.

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 49 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 11:19 am

Tptb seem to be thinking very short-term with their strategy of throwing their leads under the bus. That can only lead to them having a harder time getting "decent" people to sign up as the lead, which means eventually they will have to settle for lower quality contestants signing up too.

I know they will always be able to attract the types who would go on Jerry
Springer for their 15 min, but I had thought of the bach as above that. I guess I was either wrong before, or they are lowering their standards to appeal to a "baser" audience.

Maybe Fleiss is sick of the franchise, or is too distracted to notice what the producers are cranking out. Or this was him all along. no

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiltburn Tue May 19, 2015 12:02 pm

I'm struggling with all this ...if Kaitlyn did the show only for publicity and not to find a guy...the most publicity you get is on the interview circuit with the happy couple...Brad was brutalized after his non pick it certainly didn't endear him to people... I'm surprised if Kaitlyn is as media savvy as I think she is that she wouldn't realize this? She does t look happy in the interviews etc either...very very low energy...it's all very odd.. Upset

Kiltburn

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue May 19, 2015 12:32 pm

Kiltburn wrote:I'm struggling with all this ...if Kaitlyn did the show only for publicity and not to find a guy...the most publicity you get is on the interview circuit with the happy couple...Brad was brutalized after his non pick it certainly didn't endear him to people... I'm surprised if Kaitlyn is as media savvy as I think she is that she wouldn't realize this? She does t look happy in the interviews etc either...very very low energy...it's all very odd.. Upset

I have said repeatedly, why not dating Nick/Shawn or both in the real world to see how it goes? Didn't RS say she was attracted to both? Maybe she really has a BF back at home?
"Low energy"... maybe she is anticipating the backlash? Will there be a ATFR? Will all f3 be at ATFR?
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 81 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 65 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

+82
paperpromise
pavalygurl
dw_a_mom
nd4reality
robinvi
Al
Nonina430
Brill
Cecilia
kdawng
Beeleever