SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 65 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:43 am

I guess I am trying to understand Shawn's edit/story thus far - not whether I like him or not like him as a person.

Lucas15 wrote:Shawn takes that a step further when he says that if Kaitlyn wants someone like Nick then he doesn't want someone like Kaitlyn. Could that line also be foreshadowing? And IMO there's another shoe to drop on this show because in addition to Nick coming on, there's that pesky sex thing. I could certainly see how by the time that Kaitlyn might decide she doesn't want Nick but wants Shawn instead, Shawn doesn't want anything to do with Kaitlyn - the seeds are already planted to support such a story line.
From first episodes we see Shawn sincere, there for Kaitlyn, etc and then understandably not pleased that K has let Nick on the show. Regarding the bolded, as you say, Shawn took it a step further "that he doesn't want someone like Kaitlyn if she wants Nick". Shawn tells the guys this. The same guys weeks before he told he is only there for Kaitlyn and now if Nick is Kaitlyn's type of guy then she is not his type of girl. Just interesting to me how someone who can be in love so quickly can be so willing to say this to the other guys.

ITA with the drinking and bar. It is not what he did on the show that my hubby was commenting on but just Shawn's caption on his IG "this thing aint gonna fill itself". It is funny but if the story is Shawn doesn't want K at the end then that could play into why.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 65 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Lucas15 Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:05 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Just interesting to me how someone who can be in love so quickly can be so willing to say this to the other guys.

Well I think it's possible to be attracted to someone that you know very little about; I hesitate to call that "love" but in the context of this show that's what it gets called because this is supposed to be a show about love. IMO it's also possible that as you learn more about that person and / or see the decisions they make and the things that they do you find out they aren't who or what you thought initially and that attraction wanes because you're not attracted to the things you see and learn.

IMO this is a real-life possibility but this show isn't real life. All feelings expressed and shown are just pieces of a story line put together more by the producers than by the participants, and that means anything and everything becomes possible - whether realistic or not.

Last edited by Lucas15 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:11 am

We don't know if Shawn really made Kaitlyn feel bad about anything she did or didn't do, and she certainly doesn't harbor any hurt feelings regarding him now as evidenced by all her flirty (imo) sm and blogs. So whatever went down must have been fine for Kait.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:14 am

Shawn has over 40K followers on his IG and is yet to even have his first 1on1 date. He is going to be just fine regardless. Ladies will be waiting anxiously and are probably signing up now for the next Bachelor casting b/c of Shawn. :Nod:
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:14 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I guess I am trying to understand Shawn's edit/story thus far - not whether I like him or not like him as a person.

Lucas15 wrote:Shawn takes that a step further when he says that if Kaitlyn wants someone like Nick then he doesn't want someone like Kaitlyn. Could that line also be foreshadowing? And IMO there's another shoe to drop on this show because in addition to Nick coming on, there's that pesky sex thing. I could certainly see how by the time that Kaitlyn might decide she doesn't want Nick but wants Shawn instead, Shawn doesn't want anything to do with Kaitlyn - the seeds are already planted to support such a story line.
From first episodes we see Shawn sincere, there for Kaitlyn, etc and then understandably not pleased that K has let Nick on the show. Regarding the bolded, as you say, Shawn took it a step further "that he doesn't want someone like Kaitlyn if she wants Nick". Shawn tells the guys this. The same guys weeks before he told he is only there for Kaitlyn and now if Nick is Kaitlyn's type of guy then she is not his type of girl. Just interesting to me how someone who can be in love so quickly can be so willing to say this to the other guys.

ITA with the drinking and bar. It is not what he did on the show that my hubby was commenting on but just Shawn's caption on his IG "this thing aint gonna fill itself". It is funny but if the story is Shawn doesn't want K at the end then that could play into why.

Or this "storyline" is used to plant doubt in the audience's mind to deter them from thinking Shawn could be F1....as a "plot point", an obstacle both Shawn & K need to overcome to be together.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:26 am

Alanna wrote:We don't know if Shawn really made Kaitlyn feel bad about anything she did or didn't do, and she certainly doesn't harbor any hurt feelings regarding him now as evidenced by all her flirty (imo) sm and blogs. So whatever went down must have been fine for Kait.

I think so too. IMO Kaitlyn is happy (dare I say "refreshed"?) with the outcome and the experience of doing the show. That doesn't necessarily mean that she found love on it but we don't know how high on her real priority list finding love was. Regardless of what we hear her say (all leads say the same thing) about finding love - that doesn't make it true.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:58 am

Lucas15 wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:The very next s/cap after we see her say he is going to make her cry is Kaitlyn crying in Utah. Foreshadowing?

For what it's worth ...

My impression of Shawn's body language when Kaitlyn told the guys she was bringing Nick back was one of considerable disapproval almost bordering on disdain. Knowing how the show works I'm sure that they did ITMs with each of the guys after that reveal but then chose which ones to show - and they didn't show one of Shawn. My guess is they didn't want this to come out at that point in time.
I agree. He looked very unhappy. I think this was the only man K was truly interested in up to this point.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:13 am

I like Shawn. I think he's good looking and seems like a great guy. I would be happy if he was the F1.

I don't like that he judged someone without knowing him. Plus as mentioned upthread, re: if Kaitlyn wants someone like Nick then he doesn't want someone like Kaitlyn immediately reminded me of previous season's. There has been a few times I feel what he says is scripted. He's not too good of an actor.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:15 am

I would be, too. 
Every time I see him I think of Sean Penn in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I loved the pizza scene.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:53 am

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel the editing is pointing to the fact that Shawn will do something, don't know what, to Kaitlyn, down the line. Certain words have been said over shots of him, both in previews and in the last episode, to make me feel this way. I'll see how it goes.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:55 am

I think these guys are "allowed" to judge someone without knowing them from their actions that are put on national tv. We are all doing it every day. Because they are reality contestants they are fair game and this applies to them judging each other.

Question - has RS said that Shawn is the next chosen one ?

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:56 am

julychild wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else feel the editing is pointing to the fact that Shawn will do something, don't know what, to Kaitlyn, down the line. Certain words have been said over shots of him, both in previews and in the last episode, to make me feel this way. I'll see how it goes.

Nope not just you. Shawn definitely has some definite storyline and the edit is foreshadowing this.

Gives me the feeling of the edit that Frank and more recently Brooks got. With Frank we "knew" he was the bolter since the preview showed it, with Brooks though the preview showed it as well no one believed because the great RS said otherwise laugh out loud. But yes we could tell.

Similarly with Shawn his doubt and discomfort is going to play into the ending. How IDK but again if RS is to be believed (kait single) he will be a bolter. Regardless of how they will ultimately show his exit (like Graham where he was let go or like Ali she drama'd her way out).

IMO of course.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

+76
mprssdbyu
FLChica
traveler90
maniluh
Cecilia