SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor New Zealand - Matilda

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Matilda - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Matilda

Post by ElonM Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Bachelor New Zealand - Matilda - Page 11 11184653_329181947256975_1160807634_n
@protea_rose

I'm currently watching Matilda's date and I don't want it to end. It's a Notebook and Top Gun combo. Two of my favorite movies.  beatingheart

Best date everrr! He was soooo gentle with her.

Art is in deep trouble with her plus she liked the pic above.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Matilda - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Matilda

Post by mercieme Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:18 pm

Thanks ElonM....that pic is just fabulous.....that's Art when he is being normal & completely himself IMO.

And yes I am with you on the notebook & top gun comparison, those are 2 of my favorite movies as well :bigsmile:

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:30 pm

ElonM I need to do s/caps of this! There's that look in his eye!!  :yes:  I have been posting s/caps about that very look from their first episode!! And if she liked that pic then that seals the deal for me. With all the rumors coming out I think she is probably getting tired of it all and wants to "spill the beans" (she liked that video that Art did about spilling the beans! giggling ). I will be honestly shocked if they are not still together post show. Art talking about marriage this morning before his date with Matilda? And this was the first time we hear him say to someone "falling in love" even though he was talking in the third person. And Matilda said the same thing in ITM. beatingheart l o v e

I found their talk during the cocktail party hilarious!!  giggling Art was basically telling Matilda that he has fallen in love with her and talking in the third person. It was so funny... his expressions with her and exactly what I have seen with him post-show in interviews when describing his ideal girl. And funny? He said his ideal woman is funny and then says that Matilda makes him laugh more than anyone?  :yes: The guy looked bowled over the minute he met her. He could barely talk and then barely walk without tripping even on Ep 10.

I honestly think that Art was shocked that he actually met someone on this show that he really liked so  much from the beginning when he met Matilda and that she was real.

I cannot forget the moment just before she told him her haiku and she says she has something to tell him and he said "oh here it is".

That is a guy who is waiting for this girl who is "Amazing" (he told her on this date on this episode that she is amazing) to fall off the pedestal he has her on.

And then he says later in other episode ... she "actually" likes me.

He was waiting for her to catch up to HIS feelings. :yes:

And she did when she told him that she is in it for the long haul and he says that that is the BEST information she could ever give him!

And then "way overdue" for the kiss... It is an amazing love story.  

:swinginglove  heartandarrow
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:08 pm

i'm so sorry i really really tried to see it but the kiss - if you turn off the music... the awkwardness leading up to it -- the way art was blinking during it... the way both of them jumped up away from each other when they got up -- something is off about the physical chemistry...imho
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:29 pm

emusha wrote:i'm so sorry i really really tried to see it but the kiss - if you turn off the music... the awkwardness leading up to it -- the way art was blinking during it... the way both of them jumped up away from each other when they got up -- something is off about the physical chemistry...imho

Emusha, I haven't watched it yet but a lot of folks are raving about how romantic their kiss was on Twitter including 2 of the former bachelorettes Lisa & Amanda that tweeted about it. I don't recollect them doing that for Dani, Poppy or Alysha when they kissed Art.

I think Art is not the typical alpha male on the BACH series we are used to, he has said he is not a fan of PDA & I have not really picked major physical connection except maybe Dani. For sure he is not the type that will pick on just physical attraction IMO.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:30 pm

I think one has to take this in light of how Art is in interviews. He is a dork and awkward. That is his true self. Matilda is also awkward and a dork. Both of them together were completely out of their element being filmed kissing. Art talks about this in video interviews.

For me, what I see is something so real that they are beyond awkward about being filmed. Both Matilda and Art hide their heads before kissing and are giggling.

Yesterday Art even said in interview that he is proud to be awkward and a dork because that is who he really is. This is something he talked to about with Matilda when she got the FIR.

So given their personalities, that is who they are. Matilda even belly flops into the water when diving. Art does his one hand clap. Both awkward and dorky. They can be smooth when they want to but their true nature isn't smooth. That's what I interrupt mericieme to mean that Art was himself and so was Matilda.

If you go look at both Art and Matilda's SM posts you will see that they prefer to showcase their awkward side of themselves. Make fun of themselves, etc.

For me, seeing them both through the lens of who they are, it was very awkwardly adorable, imo. It was exactly how I see them... both dorky together.

In fact, to me, the more awkward Art is the more real he is being... the more genuine he is, imo. Even his mother said that is who he is.

So to me, whomever he is acting "Smooth" with like a typical male that is NOT his true self - who he is most of the time. If he is awkward and embarrassed a bit and blushing and dorky? Yup. That is Art. And he embraces it. As does Matilda.

ETA: just wanted to add this. It is a bit crass. But Art has his leg basically covering his other leg and the most awkward of angles and when he gets up he makes sure not to face the camera. Some people act awkward because they are turned on and there are cameras. That's what I saw.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm not sure what it is but when a physical chemistry is undeniable and unspoken it just kinda is there -- in the air -- there's a thick tension that is palpable...I hope they have it and I'm just not having an easy time seeing it
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:05 pm

emusha wrote:I'm not sure what it is but when a physical chemistry is undeniable and unspoken it just kinda is there -- in the air -- there's a thick tension that is palpable...I hope they have it and I'm just not having an easy time seeing it
I guess I have seen it with them from the beginning. Lens of our own life experiences and all that probably play a role. For me, when I see them together it is like Art doesn't really breathe. He hides his face a lot because he is blushing. He did this during the Haiku that Matilda told him and then again before this kiss. He acts super nervous around her and to me, I see that as huge physical chemistry. Especially since he literally has 2x tripped over things when in her presence. The smiley dorky Art is the one we see in ITMs saying he may find the one (filmed later). For me, it is how nervous and vulnerable a guy is around a girl that means he really fancies her. Art has that in spades with Matilda from what I see... I think we don't always see on camera what is felt in person with two people. But for me, I see it on camera with both of them and the way that he looks at Matilda. For me I am hopeful they are still together post show if she is F1.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:13 pm

I suggest turning of the music and watching the kiss in slow motion...that was what threw me off...and i really wanted to see it cos mathilda is the most likable imo out of the bunch - hands down
i find alysha calculated, serious and even boring...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:30 pm

I did watch it without any sound whatsoever. I watch on pause and slow increments, no music (basically frame by frame). For me, the music doesn't matter.

What is seen matters and that is why I take s/caps because they show the moments without any music or VO or anything. That is what I analyze. :Nod:

Will post the s/caps when I have a chance as they may help (can't right now). I guess I don't need convincing since I feel the tension between these two. giggling Breathtaking to me. beatingheart

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:37 pm

He seems more awkward and less sure of himself around Matilda than he does with the others. She is also the only one I have seen him blushing with. I'm not a man and really have no clue what goes on in their brains (even though I've been married for yonks) but it's like he's thinking that what happens with her is important, he doesn't want to stuff it up and make a mess of things and this is why it seems a bit arkward and stilted. He's not acting as the "cool operator" as he is with the other girls.

However, at the CP I thought his talk with her was strange. There was none of the intimacy from the date. And when he started talking about how he could fall in love with one of the girls (not that he could fall in love with her) I saw a fleeting look of worry on her face. Was it his way of saying "hey I've got feelings for all of these girls so don't be disappointed"?

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Katiebelle wrote:He seems more awkward and less sure of himself around Matilda than he does with the others. She is also the only one I have seen him blushing with. I'm not a man and really have no clue what goes on in their brains (even though I've been married for yonks) but it's like he's thinking that what happens with her is important, he doesn't want to stuff it up and make a mess of things and this is why it seems a bit arkward and stilted. He's not acting as the "cool operator" as he is with the other girls.

However, at the CP I thought his talk with her was strange. There was none of the intimacy from the date. And when he started talking about how he could fall in love with one of the girls (not that he could fall in love with her) I saw a fleeting look of worry on her face.  Was it his way of saying "hey I've got feelings for all of these girls so don't be disappointed"?

I noticed that as well -- again watching the body language only during the CP there's no "heat" or tension between them... the body language is making me think it's true that Mathilda was a plant and both of them know the parts they had to play (hence the giggling prior to the kiss). Mathilda was the one who went in for repeat kisses -- Art seemed pretty content not continuing to kiss...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor New Zealand - Matilda

+12
Spoil Me Again
Mommyof2
Katiebelle
emusha
Kapiti