SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Page 34 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 34 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by mindless Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:38 pm

notarose wrote:I finally watched the last epi.
I really liked Becca's story arc. IMO it showed the important, for some women, to be able to have the freedom to say things that are not what their partner want to hear and know that their partner is committed enough for that to not be a deal breaker if what they say is reasonable.  
I do believe Becca's talk about the constraints of the show timeline was reasonable and that Chris being unable to commit to her needs just meant that he was not the guy for her.  A man is sometimes called upon to fight outside forces for his woman so continuing with Becca but not proposing would have been a battle with TPTB. 
I thought the argument of "we are just in different places in our lives" was tepid at best.  They were in the same place in terms of "falling in love". He was just more driven in terms of the "end game" and when that should happen.  
For me, Becca represents the importance of making a decision about marriage based on her feelings rather than his. She showed vulnerability by clearly letting him know where she was at throughout the course of the "journey" yet remained strong by being truthful despite understanding the risk. If she takes this skill into her next relationship and her new guy stands by her then she will have something unwavering  Smiley

:claphands Great post!

I love that Becca was completely honest the entire time and stayed true to herself. Most of the contestants on this show will say anything to advance and it's just sad. Like Chris said, she is one strong woman!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 34 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:48 pm

soccermom333 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
Mommyof1 wrote:

I don't think that Becca misled us on purpose.  It just doesn't seem part of her nature.  That said, did we read into some things too much?  Maybe.   I just find it highly suspicious that she pins this quote on Pinterest right after she saw Chris at ATFR combined with her tweets about not being able to fall asleep.  She probably doesn't think anyone is watching what she is pinning either.  Now, if she posted it on twitter, that would be another story.  

We have a member here that mentioned her source confided that Becca was intentionally giving the impression that she was the F1 to throw the public via her sm and other behaviors. So this could indeed be true. As it was, this member source was correct that Becca was not F1.

Yes but some of us here and other alumni believe she was Chris's final 1.  Just opinions but strong ones.  Once Becca left I am sure she was relieved but if she had given Chris what he wanted no doubt she would have been final 1.  JMHO  Nothing will convince me otherwise especially the way Chris was acting post show.  Still.... wishing the final couple the best.  Smiley

Certainly, all opinions are welcome. :yes:
I am simply stating what I posted, nothing more and nothing less. It was respectfully sourced that Becca was intentionally misleading. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's a show that is scripted to a certain degree. The finale is supposed to have an element of "shock" as always tagged by MF--the "most shocking". I don't expect cast to be in 2 dimension form how they are in real life 3 dimension.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:

We have a member here that mentioned her source confided that Becca was intentionally giving the impression that she was the F1 to throw the public via her sm and other behaviors. So this could indeed be true. As it was, this member source was correct that Becca was not F1.

Yes but some of us here and other alumni believe she was Chris's final 1.  Just opinions but strong ones.  Once Becca left I am sure she was relieved but if she had given Chris what he wanted no doubt she would have been final 1.  JMHO  Nothing will convince me otherwise especially the way Chris was acting post show.  Still.... wishing the final couple the best.  Smiley

Certainly, all opinions are welcome. :yes:
I am simply stating what I posted, nothing more and nothing less. It was respectfully sourced that Becca was intentionally misleading. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's a show that is scripted to a certain degree. The finale is supposed to have an element of "shock" as always tagged by MF--the "most shocking". I don't expect cast to be in 2 dimension form how they are in real life 3 dimension.

1. Nick and his family did same thing. SM is a cheap marketing tool to fuel the fan base ... not evidence. That said, I enjoyed when both did it as we got to see another side of their personalities.

2. Just as many "alumni" think Whitney was Chris F1 ... and does it really matter what we THINK, when Chris is TELLING us that Whitney is his "better half" who he wants to marry and have as the mother of his children?

3. Possibly Becca could not "fall in love" with Chris because she knew his heart was with her best friend in the house. Better yet, Becca did not fall in love with CHris because he ain't her type and no way was she going to move to cold Iowa farm from sunny S. California.

4. Betting Chris only fell in "bubble" love with Becca

5. IMO ... Becca should go back to college, finish her degree and figure out a career that will enable her to be gainfully employed and independent.

Last edited by MVMom39forever on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:32 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
Mommyof1 wrote:
FLChica wrote:
Who knows.  Becca was quite adept at messing with folks on SM to make them think she was the F1 and to keep folks talking about her. Coincidence?

I don't think that Becca misled us on purpose.  It just doesn't seem part of her nature.  That said, did we read into some things too much?  Maybe.   I just find it highly suspicious that she pins this quote on Pinterest right after she saw Chris at ATFR combined with her tweets about not being able to fall asleep.  She probably doesn't think anyone is watching what she is pinning either.  Now, if she posted it on twitter, that would be another story.  

Since I personally, don't know if she did it of her own free will or was asked by TBTP or even Whitney, since it appears they've been in contact during the show airing, I don't really care if it was intentionally done or not.  And in all honesty it helped make a boring season interesting for me.  She does seem to have a great sense of humor, so it may have been all Becca...who knows.  She's seemed to really appreciate the support and been good about thanking fans and retweeting fan videos and such, so I can't see her doing it to hurt her fans or anything, it'd have been done all in fun, for laughs, etc., IMO.   no idea
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:40 pm

I agree. :Nod:
I think the issue is putting a negative interpretation on misleading. It is not one I personally attached to it.
I think it may have been a combination of several (her own idea, Whitneys or TPTB) as you suggested, LadyBug. :Nod: I don't think malice was an intention.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:43 pm

There was a lot of fun sleuthing going on as a result of Becca. Whether she did anything intentional or not, sleuthers will always look at every possible clue and can justify it for every possible scenario.  

One minute you see a bare neck in a ITM, next thing you know there's a necklace! It doesn't matter at the end of the day, what matters is sleuthers picked it up and speculated where it came from, which ended up to be true.

That's what we like to do around here. Smiley

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:48 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:There was a lot of fun sleuthing going on as a result of Becca. Whether she did anything intentional or not, sleuthers will always look at every possible clue and can justify it for every possible scenario.  

One minute you see a bare neck in a ITM, next thing you know there's a necklace! It doesn't matter at the end of the day, what matters is sleuthers picked it up and speculated where it came from, which ended up to be true.

Agree! It almost felt like the good ole' days!  Hugesmile
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Not certain if this was posted already

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelor-runner-up-becca-tilley-interview-watching-finale-was-way-harder-than-i-thought-it-would-be-17610.php

'The Bachelor' runner-up Becca Tilley interview: Watching the finale was way harder than I thought it would be

ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:06 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:There was a lot of fun sleuthing going on as a result of Becca. Whether she did anything intentional or not, sleuthers will always look at every possible clue and can justify it for every possible scenario.  

And let's not forget the piece of lettuce that Brooks was crying into as he said good bye to Des. I don't think anybody ever figured that one out but not for lack of trying... Hugesmile
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:14 pm

ElonM wrote:Not certain if this was posted already

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelor-runner-up-becca-tilley-interview-watching-finale-was-way-harder-than-i-thought-it-would-be-17610.php

'The Bachelor' runner-up Becca Tilley interview: Watching the finale was way harder than I thought it would be

Thanks for posting. I sort of got the impression that they both knew after their talk, the night before frc, that the relationship was over. While Becca may have been a little bit hopeful that he may change his mind, the breakup didn't come as a surprise to her.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:41 pm

ElonM wrote:Not certain if this was posted already

That's a very nice interview. Becca has a lot of class.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:23 pm

Love Becca. But I think she always knew Chris wasn't meant for her; I just don't think she wants what he wants, despite the feelings they may have been developing. Do wish they had shown more of her funny side.

And I love the idea she may have tried to throw the public off. Cast some doubt on the spoilers. Makes it more fun, IMHO.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

+88
isittrue
ThankMeLater
Stacia620
Beach Lover
bluwavz