SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 29 of 79 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 54 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by notarose Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:43 pm

Another consideration - advertisers.  
There may be some issues with key advertisers related to Kaitlyn's "tush" shot and a few of her jokes. When JP said it is about money, $$ comes from advertiserment.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by StacyNor Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:46 pm

eusebeia wrote:
Kiltburn wrote:My guess is she has some sort of personal relationship with someone on the show,ABC executive,.whatver maybe she was there dog walker/ child babysitter something...there is something personal going on...otherwise why take the risk of alienating viewers?...sorry for being long winded ...it just seems soon odd.

Hey--that may be a good guess, esp if Britt ends up being the sole Bachelorette.

But TPTB know their audience is predominantly female.  They edited Britt to be not liked by much of the fandom.  You can add me to the list of people who won't watch if it's Britt.  (I skipped JuPa)

CH was certainly lying when he said on ATFR that the fandom was "equally" split between Britt and Kaitlyn.  But if you assume they know what they're doing, then I could see the 2 Bach idea being a way to stir interest for a while--and it's succeeded!-- and THEN fixing it so the fan fave, Kaitlyn, wins.  I really liked Kaitlyn and will definitely tune in for her.  

Fortunately we should know in plenty of time before the show airs so we can decide whether to tune in on night 1 or not.

But JPG season was rating gold, in recent years, it did better than Chris, Ben only Sean did better in ratings. Drama=Ratings.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Kiltburn wrote:I have been thinking about this for ages...and something seems off about the whole decision with Britt...I didn't like her not because she was pretty but because she was a brat - first with the disrespect shown when she didn't get the group rose...then when she constantly flipper her hair and tried to make everything about her..then the ridiculous blaming Carly when she said that she was going to eliminate herself before the rose- then throwing a temper tantrum crying in the street because Chris wanted her gone! I didn't dislike her because of her comments on Arlington or her "beauty" just her over the top personality....which given social media seems to be what turned a lot of people off her....so why ...would the producers of the show take a chance and cast her? And constantly make excuses for her behaviour? I do believe they would see a drop in ratings if Britt is cast maybe not huge but given Andi's season was low why would they possibly take a chance? My guess is she has some sort of personal relationship with someone on the show,ABC executive,.whatver maybe she was there dog walker/ child babysitter something...there is something personal going on...otherwise why take the risk of alienating viewers?...sorry for being long winded ...it just seems soon odd.

great post, you perfectly captured why I didn't enjoy Britt at all. It don't get why TPTB like her so much either - their audience is women, they need a Bachelorette women want to watch and root for. I think the ratings for Andi show that a woman many don't relate to or find likable doesn't work well for Bachette. I don't get their thinking here at all when they have an obvious fan fave in Kaitlyn who is full of personality and humour and energy. hmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:55 pm

I haven't checked the board as much all season as I have today! Can't lie, I'm hoping for a Britt season. :yes:

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:00 pm

northernviewer wrote:I haven't checked the board as much all season as I have today!  Can't lie, I'm hoping for a Britt season. :yes:

Me too!  giggling I wasn't here all last season, as I had no interest in Chris.
Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:06 pm

When you look at Des for example, she was a fan favorite and she was portrayed as the "girl next door" and essentially the type of woman that many women could relate to. Her ratings weren't much better than Andi's. They were about the same for most of the season. They only got higher for Des' towards the end because of the drama with Brooks. The bachelorette plain and simple won't get great ratings because of the time of year it's on television IMO. I also think the ratings have a lot to do with the guys and the drama they bring.  

It's smart what they're doing because even though we'll know before the first episode which bachelorette the guys picked, a lot of people will tune in for the first episode or two (I'm thinking more than usual for the bachelorette) because they will want to know how it all went down. I think production is probably hoping that those people who watched the first couple of episodes will be intrigued enough to stick around. The audience that don't like Britt might actually start to like her after a couple of episodes on her own and those that don't like Kaitlyn could possibly do the same thing. A lot of the audience also get hooked on the contestants and tune in for that reason. No matter if it's Kaitlyn or Britt, I don't see the ratings going any lower than they did for Andi's.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:20 pm

JMO, but I think that Juan Pablo was very well-liked before his season began. A lot of people just didn't really know anything about him, but he was generally thought to be a hot, single dad. And, I think that he brought in a lot more Latino/Hispanic viewers. I do think that if he was hated BEFORE his season began, the ratings would have been different. I think the only person that can really compare to Britt is Brad 2.0. He was probably the most controversial lead, BEFORE the season even began.

I do think that TPTB made a really smart business decision with the 2 Bachelorettes. Everyone seems to have a side, and everyone will watch just to see it play out. I do think that they have work to do with their Bachelorette seasons. Personally, I think Des is really nice but she was SO boring. I couldn't make it through one of her episodes. The Brooks breakup and Chris proposal were the only two watchable scenes for me. And, I watched Andi's season because of the guys, but I thought she came off really arrogant and narcissistic. I wasn't really rooting for her to find love. If I were to guess, I'd say that their premiere episode this season is going to have ratings that match Emily's premiere.

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:25 pm

Kiltburn wrote:I have been thinking about this for ages...and something seems off about the whole decision with Britt...I didn't like her not because she was pretty but because she was a brat - first with the disrespect shown when she didn't get the group rose...then when she constantly flipper her hair and tried to make everything about her..then the ridiculous blaming Carly when she said that she was going to eliminate herself before the rose- then throwing a temper tantrum crying in the street because Chris wanted her gone! I didn't dislike her because of her comments on Arlington or her "beauty" just her over the top personality....which given social media seems to be what turned a lot of people off her....so why ...would the producers of the show take a chance and cast her? And constantly make excuses for her behaviour? I do believe they would see a drop in ratings if Britt is cast maybe not huge but given Andi's season was low why would they possibly take a chance? My guess is she has some sort of personal relationship with someone on the show,ABC executive,.whatver maybe she was there dog walker/ child babysitter something...there is something personal going on...otherwise why take the risk of alienating viewers?...sorry for being long winded ...it just seems soon odd.

I agree with why you dislike Britt. I liked her a lot at first, thought she was gorgeous yes, but also fun and kind to the other women. As the season progressed, we saw the narcissistic side of her. The disrespect was what got to me also. I have heard comments from various guys that "women hate women". Kind of saying women hate "beautiful" women. To me it was a case of her behavior, not her looks as a turn-off. I think Chris got to wondering about the disconnect as well and ended up letting her go.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by sanlee088 Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:29 pm

I hope we find out soon so I can plan my Summer Schedule accordingly. giggling
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:30 pm

Cute avatar, San.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:30 pm

notarose wrote:Another consideration - advertisers.  
There may be some issues with key advertisers related to Kaitlyn's "tush" shot and a few of her jokes. When JP said it is about money, $$ comes from advertiserment.

Some advertisers may be sensitive to the power shift from the woman (One Bachelorette) back to the guys once again to "decide". For me, this is why I am disgruntled. This is a big SM topic right now. I am not sure who all the sponsors are in each market, but I think the products they advertise are geared to a segment of the female population who may not be happy with this latest scheme.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiltburn Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:30 pm

I feel like I'm a bit of an opposite I have watched every Bachelorette but I definitely have missed seasons when I didn't like the Bachelor( Juan Pablo,Ben) so I need to be invested in the main ..I just can't stomach Britt honestly ...she just comes across as fake and that whole act at The Women Tell All bursting into tears when she saw Chris?hugging him..running up onstage to question him like it was her show? ( Kaitlyn who made it longer didn't go up and sit with Chris!)Holy crap..it must be exhausting being her...I want fun...someone with a fun sense of humour not so self involved she is flipping her hair every 2 seconds and checking herself out in the mirror.I will definitely not watch if it's her...so I may be only one viewer but heck I want to root for the main character ..and the only show I can root for Britt to be on is Dr Phil...

Kiltburn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 79 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 54 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+104
Longhornfan
alwaystulips
ironcat
mprssdbyu
Monalisamiami83