SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 45 of 81 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 63 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 45 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by luvlady345 Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:28 pm

LOL, magazine misquote or lie all the time it's nothing new....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 45 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by whit90 Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:23 pm

MeAndi seems to me to lie and misquote herself a lot. It would be best for herself just to keep her mouth shut. Every time she opens it she sinks lower IMO. deadhorse
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:54 pm

The "never say never" made Andi look like she was playing nice, this tweet makes her look petty, childish and well a brat. no no
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:48 am

sbolduc wrote:The "never say never" made Andi look like she was playing nice, this tweet makes her look petty, childish and well a brat. no no

So basically, same old, same old....

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:16 am

whit90 wrote:MeAndi seems to me to lie and misquote herself a lot. It would be best for herself just to keep her mouth shut. Every time she opens it she sinks lower IMO. deadhorse

Somebody call Mario and Luigi and have them dust off their lie detector machine. giggling

MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:28 am

luvlady345 wrote:LOL, magazine misquote or lie all the time it's nothing new....

Not really. A lot of celebrities claim that they were misquoted or that their comments were "taken out of context", but it's usually just to save themselves from a PR disaster. I would say it's pretty rare for a magazine to straight up lie when they directly quote a celebrity, just because of legal ramifications. Especially a magazine like People, who works with celebrities and their reps, and only releases stories when they are officially okay-ed by the celebrities themselves. Of course, magazines get away with it by using "sources" who can say whatever they want, but that's not what happened here. And, let's be real: if People was going to lie, it wouldn't waste its energy doing it about a D-list celebrity. Especially a quote that's not even that interesting. It would be much more dramatic to say "Former Bachelor never, ever getting back together with ex".

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:40 am

People actually get a lot of these event interviews from freelance journalists who don't work for them full time, just get paid for individual interviews and they're not as liable and they can just blame the freelancer. They recently ran a story on Kendall jenner speaking out exclusively on her father and after the story ran, she denied this interview ever even took place and they retracted the story. Because Andi's not as high profile it won't get as much attention, hence no need to clarify or run a retraction if what she says is the truth but it's entirely possible and happens ALL the time.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:59 am

chasingpavements wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:LOL, magazine misquote or lie all the time it's nothing new....

Not really. A lot of celebrities claim that they were misquoted or that their comments were "taken out of context", but it's usually just to save themselves from a PR disaster. I would say it's pretty rare for a magazine to straight up lie when they directly quote a celebrity, just because of legal ramifications. Especially a magazine like People, who works with celebrities and their reps, and only releases stories when they are officially okay-ed by the celebrities themselves. Of course, magazines get away with it by using "sources" who can say whatever they want, but that's not what happened here. And, let's be real: if People was going to lie, it wouldn't waste its energy doing it about a D-list celebrity. Especially a quote that's not even that interesting. It would be much more dramatic to say "Former Bachelor never, ever getting back together with ex".

That's actually exactly the type to do it to. A specific audience of people will read it but it won't get widespread coverage and these people can't spend millions of dollars suing them just to prove a point. C/D list celebs clarify their "quotes" pretty frequently on twitter. I tend to believe them over gossip mags who blur the lines of what they're legally allowed to do on a regular basis in order to get clicks on their website.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:04 am

chasingpavements wrote:

Yes they do, I can't tell you how many times I read out right lies in People and E-online.....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:15 am

ReneeM wrote:People actually get a lot of these event interviews from freelance journalists who don't work for them full time, just get paid for individual interviews and they're not as liable and they can just blame the freelancer. They recently ran a story on Kendall jenner speaking out exclusively on her father and after the story ran, she denied this interview ever even took place and they retracted the story. Because Andi's not as high profile it won't get as much attention, hence no need to clarify or run a retraction if what she says is the truth but it's entirely possible and happens ALL the time.

Exactly, they do it all the time....... It's funny in the taped interview Andi was practically glowing when she said that hey it just didn't work out, it was no remorse no looking back.... Then in this one People's written interview there are claims that she is holding out hope of getting back with Josh, yeah ok whatever... I know some are wishing and hoping that it's the truth, but I highly doubt that Andi is carrying a burning torch for this to happen...

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:59 am

But she just had to clear this up on Twitter? My guess is she did say never say never but didn't think they would run with it and make it sound like she might reconcile with him.

She's been kind of a disappointment with this break up, I was so wishing she would pull an Emily and move on without looking back, ie never mentioning your ex again. And there's no comparing their f1s because, you know, 1f.... but there's no one to blame but herself if he wasn't outgoing or intellectual or whatever she's low key saying about him to the media. How hard is it to say that you wish him well but whats in the past is in the past, you're focused on the future, blah blah blah.

Ugh, do better Andi. It's like she has to have the last word, and Josh strikes me as that type too, so I suspect we'll hear from him again, though I hope not.

The interview with Ruben was a good one and reminded me why I liked her, but she took a few steps back.

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 45 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:05 am

If she's not holding out any hope of getting back together, then the answer should be the same, every time she's asked.

"No"

People
Are there any hopes for a reconciliation?

"I don't know. I never say never," the 28-year-old beauty said. "I've learned that for a really long time, to never say never, but I think I'm really happy with the life I'm living right now and all I can say is I hope for happiness with him too."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 81 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 63 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis