SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 24 of 81 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:10 am

OK. At first it was Mary Tyler Moore throwing her beret up in the air with the tune of "Your Going to Make It On Your Own".
Now it's time to grab the beret and go to work. That's what real people do. The 70's are over. Even Mary worked.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by bleuberry Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:18 am

Yah, I'd say that's a weird thing to IG. Second hand embarrassment. 

Andi I was rooting for you, do better please! laugh out loud

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 24 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:55 pm

That pic is just sad.

I admire the move to try and find your happy, but do something besides shop and work out.

As Kasha pointed out FIT is right there. Do something constructive with yourself.

As far as her knowing how by becoming a lawyer. KB mom and jclaz can correct me if I am wrong, but my first boyfriend of four years did the lawyer think straight out of undergrad too. It is a very direct course and doesn't actually take a lot of effort to figure out. And if she really wanted to do criminal law or take it seriously, she could have done clerkships with Judges or such to learn more. She did not. She took the bar and passed, a great achievement, took an entry level job and did that for less than a year.

Since she left for the bachelor in September of 2013, she has not had a steady job and has been living off the "fame".

I think Andi has a lot of potential, but she needs someone to shake her and make her see she needs some direction.

Also, IMO, daddy is still paying the bills, since that kitchen is a lot nicer than I have seen of many NYC area apartments. That is sad. Andi is in her late 20s, time to let her take care of herself. Anyone continuing to pay her bills at this point is not helping her at all IMO.

Just sad all together. She has all of NYC in front of her and her main posts are buying workout gear and her undies drying in her kitchen. Really, really sad.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:01 pm

I really think she should seek professional help. Not her friends, not her family, someone that is unbiased, who can guide her, and not tell her what she wants to hear, but tell her what she needs to hear.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:15 pm

stuckinsc wrote:...daddy is still paying the bills, since that kitchen is a lot nicer than I have seen of many NYC area apartments...
Andi did make money as the Bachelorette and from press/appearances.  IMO she could have saved her money and is using that income to finance her start in NYC.

I wonder how big her fan base really is? Will it support her "brand" and provide the income she desires moving forward. It will be interesting to see where she's at a year from now.

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:28 pm

I can only speak to my experience. I knew in high school I wanted to be a lawyer and followed a pre-law program in college,then went straight to law school.

I have said before I can't fault Andi if she found the real life reality of practicing law unsatisfying. Unfortunately, a fair number of young law school graduates become disillusioned with practicing law and transition to a different career, often one where a law school degree is desired by employers even though it is not practicing law. The critical difference is,none of the colleagues I have known who left the practice of law had the luxury of being bankrolled by First National Dad while they flitted around trying to find themselves. They had to continue working the job they hated to pay the bills, while looking for a new job, which is practically a full time job in itself.

I have also never known anyone in real life who quit their job because they got engaged and needed to focus on their relationship. Quite the opposite IMO, whether a couple can juggle responsibilities like a job, school etc with nurturing their relationship is a far more realistic way to determine their readiness for marriage and a marriage that will last.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm

KB_Mom wrote:I can only speak to my experience.  I knew in high school I wanted to be a lawyer and followed a pre-law program in college,then went straight to law school.

I have said before I can't fault Andi if she found the real life reality of practicing law unsatisfying.  Unfortunately, a fair number of young law school graduates become disillusioned with practicing law and transition to a different career, often one where a law school degree is desired by employers even though it is not practicing law.  The critical difference is,none of the colleagues I have known who left the practice of law had the luxury of being bankrolled by First National Dad while they flitted around trying to find themselves. They had to continue working the job they hated to pay the bills, while looking for a new job, which is practically a full time job in itself.

I have also never known anyone in real life who quit their job because they got engaged and needed to focus on their relationship.  Quite the opposite IMO, whether a couple can juggle responsibilities like a job,  school etc with nurturing their relationship is a far more realistic way to determine their readiness for marriage and a marriage that will last.

I don't think **edited** the First National Dad bank is paying her bills.  IMO no one knows that to be a fact or maybe I missed it.  But she could of had a trust fund, she could be using savings that she had and she did get paid to be on the bachelorette.  Maybe she got paid for doing other things that we are not aware of so I don't think it's fair to just assume that her dad is paying her bills.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:08 pm

Considering that she's been unemployed since she stopped filming The Bachelorette, that's about ~10 months she's been living off her Bachelorette salary, rumored to be $50,000. Yes, she might have made a few additional tens of thousands of dollars because of her breakup interview, the red carpet appearance, any magazine articles, endorsements, etc. Still, with Andi's lifestyle, I don't see that type of money lasting for too long.

Personally, I think the fact that Andi's parents paid for 7 years of schooling (so, hundreds of thousands of dollars), for her to quit after less than a year speaks to how much she values money. The fact that her parents have paid for a nose job and boob job at a pretty early age speaks to fact that her parents don't mind spoiling her.

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:29 pm

chasingpavements wrote:Considering that she's been unemployed since she stopped filming The Bachelorette, that's about ~10 months she's been living off her Bachelorette salary, rumored to be $50,000. Yes, she might have made a few additional tens of thousands of dollars because of her breakup interview, the red carpet appearance, any magazine articles, endorsements, etc. Still, with Andi's lifestyle, I don't see that type of money lasting for too long.

Personally, I think the fact that Andi's parents paid for 7 years of schooling (so, hundreds of thousands of dollars), for her to quit after less than a year speaks to how much she values money. The fact that her parents have paid for a nose job and boob job at a pretty early age speaks to fact that her parents don't mind spoiling her.

Where can I find the facts on the nose and the boob job.

Also on meet the parents date if I remember right her mom told Nick that Andi worked while she was in college to help pay her way. I am not 100% sure on that so maybe someone else would remember better than me.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:24 pm

I remember Hy saying she worked her way through law school.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:34 pm

The following is purely my opinion...

Andi doesn't want to work. She went to law school because of the prestige surrounding it and probably to try to find a rich husband.

She is in NYC now trying to hunt down some big game, a very wealthy man who won't mind a pampered, spoiled, good looking trophy wife. Her esteem is not linked to who she is on the inside. For her it's all about who she appears to be on the outside.

Again, jmoaa.

MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:36 pm

I have a distant family relative who just graduated from law school with, I'm told, over 250K in student loans. I can't imagine that Andi had any meaningful job while going to school that put a dent in that kind of debt. With Andi's taste for Louis Vuitton handbags and $1500 shoes, I can see her salary from being the Bachelorette not lasting too long - my guess is that it is already gone. She hasn't worked in a year and a half. Someone has to be helping/funding her living expenses, and my guess is her parents.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 81 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis