SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Page 51 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 51 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Beeleever wrote:I'm just pissed I wasted so much time and effort to make that stupid fanvid of their fake love story. That totally blows...
no no Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 51 2292733854

I love the fan vids in the moment, and I've been through this so many times I don't really believe in any of them anymore (although I always have hope). It is about the story, not the reality, and the fan vids emphasize the fantasy perfectly.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 51 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by eirekay Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:15 pm

chloep wrote: Snipped
She came out of the show as she came into it... Half-way in-love with the idea of Chris/or love itself. That's it. The last thing I think is that she is a victim or that she is too heartbroken. She will be just fine. Hopefully she'll find a guy she is ACTUALLY into and who is ACTUALLY into her.

^^ITA. In some ways Whitney came out better - she had a platform for her cause that allowed her to speak nationally about egg freezing options. She gained notoriety for her company. And she is back at work and living her life like a fairly normal human being.

I agree that Whitney was in love with the idea of love but I'm not sure that she was in love with Chris. I think that in order to be fully in love, the other party has to be there with you, maybe not to the same exact degree, but at least in the proximity. Chris wasn't there. I don't think he was there with Becca either, but I felt like he clearly would have preferred Becca, perhaps because he could have moved slower and wouldn't have had all the pressure to marry right away.

I think Whitney accepted the proposal with the best of intentions but I also think she got what she could out of her 15 minutes of fame and decided it wasn't for her. Smart move IMO.
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:21 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
albean99 wrote:It's obvious now to me (now) what Chris wanted on all those reality shows and it wasn't love & marriage. I don't see how picking Becca would have turned out any differently.

Well, it seems like Becca wants the same things to me! Given that most of her friends are models/actresses/socialites, I think that her goals in life are pretty similar to Chris's. She even tweeted that she thinks it's ridiculous that people are faulting him for taking these opportunities, as most people in his shoes would do the same thing.

This is true of nearly everyone on that show. The best we can hope for is that they are open to marriage from the show. They certainly do not sign up looking for it.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:28 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:
albean99 wrote:It's obvious now to me (now) what Chris wanted on all those reality shows and it wasn't love & marriage. I don't see how picking Becca would have turned out any differently.

Well, it seems like Becca wants the same things to me! Given that most of her friends are models/actresses/socialites, I think that her goals in life are pretty similar to Chris's. She even tweeted that she thinks it's ridiculous that people are faulting him for taking these opportunities, as most people in his shoes would do the same thing.

This is true of nearly everyone on that show. The best we can hope for is that they are open to marriage from the show. They certainly do not sign up looking for it.

I agree that all of these people are attention-obsessed to at least some degree and love is NEVER the primary motivation. Still, I think Becca is different from someone like whitney. Becca hangs with a very specific crowd that have experienced fame and most of them are pursuing the entertainment industry. She reminds me of Ali who suddenly became best friends with people like Kaley Sweetings. That's pretty different from someone like Whitney, who doesn't hang with models and actresses and doesn't have a million endorsements on her IG.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:52 am

chloep wrote:Casual viewer last season, here... He should have picked Jade. IMO, she would have fit right in where he is at right now. I don't think he is horrid bad guy, tbh. He just lack emotional maturity. All he has done his whole life is what people wanted him to do(more specifically women).  I am sure in a way it bothered him, but at the same time it meant he didn't have to think too hard for himself. The family dynamic was very obvious during the MTPs. A brother growing up would have done him good.
Small town Iowa farming is what he has done all his life. It's what was expected of him all his life. I doubt settling down was on his agenda. Now he gets a chance to get away from it all. If nothing else for a breather. I dunno, I don't see it as black and white.
It was very clear that it was not gonna work with either of his F3. I know people seem to really like Whitney here, but I dunno... I never really got it with her. She seemed sweet and mature, but that's it. Didn't see a whole lot of personality from her, nor do I think that she was emotionally invested in CHRIS either, really.
She came out of the show as she came into it... Half-way in-love with the idea of Chris/or love itself. That's it. The last thing I think is that she is a victim or that she is too heartbroken. She will be just fine. Hopefully she'll find a guy she is ACTUALLY into and who is ACTUALLY into her.

ChloeP, love this whole post. Chris was farmer douche to me from start to finish, I liked him slightly better when he was with Becca, but that could be like GA said, they were at similar places emotionally, so he didn't have to pretend as much to be in love and want marriage and kids on the farm tomorrow. He sold a lie to everyone, but I think that is true more often than not. The genuine ones find someone to at least have a longer term relationship with, whereas the ones selling the TPTB always fail and usually pretty quickly. I lost respect that he like Jake continued to use his not genuine relationship to get votes on DWTS. And yes there was a difference, Jake and Chris were sad to be let go, Sean was relieved to finally get to focus on his relationship with Cat. I said it when he chose to do DWTS against Sean's advice, that any chance he and Whitney had of the magic growing into love and getting stronger in that love had not happened, if it had he would have wanted to focus on building their relationship.

As for Whitney, I think she is a strong, mostly pretty wonderfully mature woman with an admirable career that touches many women's hearts as fertility becomes a larger and larger issue for women. She was raised in very affluent areas of fairly decent size small cities, with lots of southern gentility. I think she thought Chris was actually a well to do gentleman farmer, when in reality he was kind of a speedy horndog, who got as much action out of the show as possible. I do blame her for never trying to get to know him during filming, chief case in point, South Dakota where Whitney was so pissed about him taking Britt to the concert and being rude. She conveniently blamed just Britt. When in reality it was more Chris's fault or TPTB's fault and Britt, just like the rest of them, was just grateful to get what she was given.

I have more to say about Whit, but I will save it for her thread.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by BowenAnderson Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:14 pm

Don't forget how produced those reactions are. I thought she was giving the evil eye to Chris.

BowenAnderson

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:23 pm

I am going by all her words being about Britt and how in Des Moines instead of confronting him or even mentioning it, she was all look how fun and "roll with the Cobb (wth?)" I am. I like Whitney, think she is overall pretty awesome, but I do think she should learn from this experience. Chris wasn't all that wonderful to her during filming and she was willing to overlook anything that didn't fit into her image of she and Chris being perfect for each other. I hope her sister gave her a big dose of I told you so for her bratty behavior to her on the HTD, then throwing her under the bus on the FD. Whit is great, but she had some serious rose colored glasses during filming when it came to Chris. This is of course IMO, and at the end of the day I expect Chris to try to crawl back to the ex-fiancé in Cali, since he now lives the limelight so much too. Also, I still think Chris S has some real issues with his alcohol comsumption.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:52 pm

I wonder how his meet and greet is going?

cantstopl

Back to top Go down

Post by hdman Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:55 pm

Probably not very well maybe we'll find out tomorrow

hdman

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:27 pm

What meet and greet?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:32 pm

^He has an event tonight at iPlay in New Jersey. There was to be a Q&A and M&G I believe.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 51 87b72b10 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 51 86669110 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 51 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:43 pm

Does anyone even like Chris? Just Chris. Not Chris and Whitney. Idk..just curious.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

+114
Cameron2
mysthelma
bluwavz
northernviewer
mizzoufan