SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by Kashathediva Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Hmm. scratch

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by AlohaLady Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:07 pm

happygolucky wrote:I've tried to give Chris a benefit of a doubt from the start and I really though that first 1 on 1 date with Whitney was what initiated his "love story", but I haven't payed attention to Becca (until recently) ... and the way I see it now, Becca "walked into Chris's heart" before Whitney had a chance and occupied it.

No, this is not a post where I would say something against Whitney, she did nothing "wrong", she just wasn't IT for Chris. Maybe could be explained as a "wrong moment" or "just bad luck that the other girl was there too" or simply "it was a destiny". Some may completely disagree with this and if I'm wrong with the end result, scratch this post like a joke. I'll explain my observation:

1st night - Brit, Whit, Kaitlyn and Becca arrive - from all the entrances, only Becca's is shown where Chris is completely drooling over her, checking her out, but is cut in pieces by commentaries of other women. Then Becca is somehow lost in the crowd and we barely see her.
Kaitlyn has made an impression with her wit and moves, so she is on our radar (and Chris'), Britt is completely open to love (any kind) so there goes the first kiss (and it gets the approval of the crowd in the studio), while Whitney makes kinda a weird first conversation with Chris ... why weird, because she asks him if his farm does the insemination of hogs ... and he says no ... but she continues (like she wouldn't hear him) "that's what we have in common" ... that could be a yellow flag, but I let it slide at the time. To the audience she gets impressed in memory for her voice (way to turn it into advantage). But Becca? ... what do we know about Becca?
She must have talked to Chris, her demeanor probably told him that she isn't a girl to mess around with (assuming from the later revelations) ... enough to make Chris notice.

2nd week: a lot of close-ups of Whitney, Kaitlyn and Brit are shown during the episode.
Becca gets the group date. Together with Kaitlyn and Britt, Jillian and Jade (all his possible top choices ...Another first impression choice may have been Megan who got 1st 1on1, since she kinda fits into the look of a country home wife - I hope nobody is offended by this - not that anyone believed in that chemistry.)
Becca didn't get the rose that time, but it was obvious to the audience that Kaitlyn with all those "funny" comments (for our pleasure) would get it. (Guess who decides who gets the rose?) That date was fun and entertaining (to some), but also very important to Chris, whose family likes to play games at the farm at night, and probably wanted to see what kind of attitude women demonstrate in those circumstances.
Whitney didn't get a date that week. Yes, her 1on1 was right behind the corner ... but, I bet Becca got another chance for some interaction and personal talk with Chris and not to forget the 2nd rose ceremony, where again non of their time is shown.

Then comes the 3rd week: another GD, Becca invited again, "gets" alone time with Chris on the roof (and a GDR ... but who cares for that?), the hand-play ... hmmm, for someone like Becca, who (as we know now) isn't "intimate too soon" with guys, to be this close and comfortable with a man, makes you wonder ... When was that time of "getting to know each other" to be reaching this level? Chris in conversation with her is visibly smitten, but the best move is yet to come ... he gets a HUG... well, he did say he's a huger, so there you go Chris ... deal with it!
She leaves him waiting, wanting more, also displays her values and character and Chris is impressed. That's the first. He says "he hasn't earned it" (the kiss) and that's something to "respect".

Then comes the date with Whitney. She not only has already a crush, but also has an image of who Chris might be. She likes shy guys and prefers to pursue a man. (ABC bio)
I don't think Chris is a shy guy at all, he may be introvert, but definitely not shy. He can have quite the character, can raise a voice, be harsh with his opinions when he feels like it, he is a "scorpion", stubborn and righteous. IMHO he likes to lead, be a "man's man", take charge, work hard and subsequently "earn it fair". He is probably also very traditional and conservative man, so I suspect morals and values are demanded (just don't bring up DUI again). But he is also insecure ... and I don't find his insecurity because of the place of his hometown, I think it has more to do with the fact of having some great role-models around (his dad, sisters, mother) and having to live up to his own (and theirs) expectations and high ambition.

So on the 1st part of their date, in retrospect, IMHO I don't see the "smitten" look on his face while listening Whitney talk. In certain moments I even consider he isn't "feeling it" at all... then on the night portion of the date, crashing the party, things change. But rather than smitten I find Chris to be impressed with Whitney's personality, her ability to communicate, mix with the strangers, "quick-mind" and "spontaneity"... what aren't his strongest virtues.
I've waited to see if the look might change and it hasn't. I read it as him adoring her, really liking her, admiring her for who she is and how she is carrying herself, but I don't see the same puppy-love eyes he displays with Becca. (not that I believe in Real LOVE on that show)

Whitney astound him, but I believe it wasn't "enough" to fall ... and it wouldn't be fair to blame it on Whitney, on her approach in pursuing him and not letting other way around him pursue her (what I do believe he prefers), I just think that the order of events and emotions that people provoke in others work mysterious ways.

From then on I'm noticing a constant grow in comfort and physical contact between Becca and Chris, the scenes of them together "alone" is all about them and their emotions, one wants to know what the other thinks/feels, we get to see a bit more of Becca, but usually their dates are overshadowed by other affairs happening with the women.

Until HTD/FS ... when their chemistry really is displayed for everyone to see ... but
the problems were "carefully" placed, the doubts inserted, the fear exposed ... and nobody* believes there is anything between them for him choosing Becca. (*most media cites Whitney as F1)

ITA. It's obvious it's Becca for him. Did you notice that both of Whitney's 1on1 dates for dinner, it was with other people (not that we've seen) and not alone. It was at the wedding and the 2nd date was with his friends. Also when he talks to Becca, it more of an intimate tone.

AlohaLady

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:13 pm

I loved reading your post, happy! I appreciate how much thought you put into it...insightful! Thx! bestbud!

What I find interesting is that you originally thought the spoilers were right. Am I remembering correctly?

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 14 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:16 pm

I totally agree with your observations, happygolucky!

I also couldn't help noticing in hindsight, after what her family said, the level of comfort between them up on the roof in episode 3. She really didn't seem to have any reservations about touching him, other than the kiss. He also seemed like he couldn't believe someone so beautiful and awesome was actually interested in him, and I think he even said something along those lines, so clearly he'd gotten to know her to some extent already. It really is interesting that none of that was shown considering she's in the F2. Usually we at least see the first conversation between the lead and the top contenders. It seems we missed several, which is probably why we don't even know, based on what's shown, what she does for a living. Why would they leave such things out and rather focus on all the crazy, unless they were specifically trying to hide her? It's like they wanted us to think it's too little too late between them, so we'd think it was Whitney.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Hmm. scratch
Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 14 3806527698  Sorry Kasha for a long post, couldn't help myself, so no need to read it. Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 14 2498057887

Probably it's hard to understand, since it takes me too long to wrap my thoughts and I forget to connect them. There are some grammatical errors, well, as long somebody understands my language I'm fine, take it as my practice in writing. :Nod:

Litta, :yes: , I believed in the spoiler from the start, then I played the game of "options" just for fun, later got sucked into "reading these people" and their compatibilities, started to question Whitney's with Chris (more out of concern). Since I do find her really interesting, just like Nick. I like when people really open up about themselves. Only now I'm getting to "read" Becca a bit more, but I always look for people who I can identify with on some level, or remind me of someone, so I can draw references from them. I'm just not a fan of anyone this year. Maybe Kaitlyn, I would cheer for her if she does Bette.

If I've imagined it all wrong, then all my "theories" are full of BS and I'll be fine, no need to cure me. Hugesmile

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:37 pm

No theory or opinion is full of BS.
All are welcomed here.
Brevity is a nice thing, however.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:05 pm

Kashathediva wrote:No theory or opinion is full of BS.
All are welcomed here.
Brevity is a nice thing, however.
giggling True. My own mother tells me often to cut it short, because she's tired of listening about all the little details and going off topic. Guess 30 years of practice I'm still hopeless at explaining. Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 14 3806527698 too much again Embarressed!

Just wanted to write it now, before the end, so after the final I won't discuss anyone's life and relationship anymore. If I'm wrongly interpreting the facial expressions and misjudging with the analyzes, I clearly need to go out more. What ever relationship comes out of TB19, I hope they make it. And wish the F2 to have even better love story than the one shown on TV.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:23 pm

happygolucky wrote:I'm weird, I don't really buy into horoscopes, but I do believe that astrology and psychology can help you navigate through life ... just as one bonus, not an actual guide to follow strictly. I also understand, that it's much easier to "notice" where things (might) go wrong, than "trust" and "work" to make it "right".

..snipped.

Ah, where is JBF and the astrology!! I remember this was a huge hit/fun a few seasons ago with Des's season.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:03 pm

What does playing the game of "options" mean?  I'm sorry but I really have no clue. Same with "reading these people".  I honestly can't imagine. no idea

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:41 pm

california90 wrote:
happygolucky wrote:I'm weird, I don't really buy into horoscopes, but I do believe that astrology and psychology can help you navigate through life ... just as one bonus, not an actual guide to follow strictly. I also understand, that it's much easier to "notice" where things (might) go wrong, than "trust" and "work" to make it "right".

..snipped.

Ah, where is JBF and the astrology!! I remember this was a huge hit/fun a few seasons ago with Des's season.

Oooohhhhh-kay! Ha ha!

From our fun/snark thread back in September:

Christopher Douglas Soules (birthday 11-6-81)

Don't know time, but played around a bit.
8PM CST gives him Cancer rising (ascendant), which fits his overall appearance and outer personality.

Sun 14° Scorpio
Moon in early Pisces
Mercury 26° Libra
Venus 1° Capricorn
Mars 9° Virgo
Jupiter 25° Libra
Saturn 16° Libra
Uranus 29° Scorpio
Neptune 23° Sagittarius
Pluto 25° Libra
Chiron 20° R Taurus
N. Node 26° Cancer

Although she was given the axe, this is what we posted back in December...

If Kaitlyn was born 1985, not '86... same date we were guessing (6-19), her sun sign is still, of course, late Gemini, but her moon in Cancer.

This is what she gets with Chris, relationship-wise.

100% You are enjoying an exceptionally smooth relationship. Whatever the situation may be, even though misunderstandings crop up, you easily manage to create a deep harmony. It does not imply that communication between you is particularly intense or special, but it means that for both of you, love requires no effort! Your compatibility index is remarkable and quite exceptional. Your relationship is extremely harmonious, to the extent that superlatives are unable to express its essence...

Too late! She's gone. Now on to the final two... LOL!

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrological_love_compatibility.php

Whitney 6-24-85 (Louisville, KY)... don't know time

Sun sign Cancer (3 degrees), Moon sign Virgo
(The rest: Mercury 21-Cancer; Venus 17-18 Taurus; Mars 10-Cancer; Jupiter 16-Aquarius; Saturn 22-Scorpio; Uranus 15-Sagittarius; Neptune 2-Capricorn; Pluto 2-Scorpio; N. Node 17-Taurus)

75% Your relationship is very smooth, and few things are likely to harm your fundamental harmony. We could even say it is pretty remarkable, not far from being exceptional... Sometimes, but in really rare occasions, and rather owing to elements that are external to your personalities, some frictions can occur, but in the majority of cases they will be solved easily. It is undoubtedly an extremely encouraging index for your continuation, you can really go for it: happiness is within your reach!

Becca 10-30-88 (Louisiana?) ... don't know time

Sun sign Scorpio (7 degrees), Moon sign Cancer
(The rest: Mercury 19-Libra; Venus 0-Libra; Mars 29-Pisces; Jupiter 4-Gemini; Saturn 28-Sagitarrius; Uranus 28-Sagitarrius; Neptune 7-Capricorn; Pluto 12-Scorpio; N. Node 12-Pisces)

86% You are enjoying an exceptionally smooth relationship. Whatever the situation may be, even though misunderstandings crop up, you easily manage to create a deep harmony. It does not imply that communication between you is particularly intense or special, but it means that for both of you, love requires no effort! Your compatibility index is remarkable and quite exceptional. Your relationship is extremely harmonious, to the extent that superlatives are unable to express its essence...

Now... at this same site, you can make "synastry" charts.

I am NOT going to get into all of the cute little symbols here. Just focus on the BLUE lines and the RED lines... and the little green circles. The BLUE indicate "trines" and "sextiles", which are stress-free. The RED indicate "squares" and "oppositions", which suggest more conflict... but also "spice". (As they say, couples who fight together stay together... since the best part of breaking up is when they make up.) The green circles are "conjunctions", which are "intense"... either for good or bad.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 14 Synast14

Chris has more blue with Becca than Whitney, although I don't think there is a huge difference.

One HUGE plus is that they both have Mercury in Libra, while Whitney's Mercury in Cancer clashes with Chris. This means that Becca has a much easier time communicating with Chris than Whitney does.

Below are "synastry" charts of a couple bachelor/ette couples, with a lot of guess-work on my part because I have no birth certificates and I am clueless of "time of birth" for rising signs. (Ditto with Chris, Becca and Whit.) Yet, using noontime with some of these and "estimations" with others, I was able to get an eyeball "picture" of their compatibility.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 14 Synast10
Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 14 Synast12
Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 14 Synast13

As you can see, Desiree and Chris Siegfried have the most BLUE. They are the couple here that likely rarely fight with each other. They may not agree on a lot of things and have different interests in life (i.e. I seriously doubt Des can catch a baseball successfully even if her life depended on it), but they are completely at ease with all of their differences. Some of us may consider them B-O-R-I-N-G, but they are probably the couple least likely to break up in the future.

Jason and Molly have quite a bit of RED, but they probably LOVE all of the "conflict". It adds much needed zest! They like to argue and dispute for fun.I think some of these folks get too bored if things are too "settled".

If Chris picks Whitney, he definitely wants to be kept on his toes.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:04 pm

Looks like chris and Whitney have a grand trine which is an incredibly auspicious configuration.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:27 pm

Nice catch! (I figured nobody here would know what a grand trine is... or would be too embarrassed to admit that they were astrology geeks.)

I really don't see a big difference between Whit and Becca here though.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

+114
Cameron2
mysthelma
bluwavz
northernviewer
mizzoufan