SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Page 21 of 79 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 50 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Post by Kashathediva Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Having someone protect me physically, if need be? Yeah. But I have not seen Josh in this position either.
I can not imagine someone having to come to my defense otherwise, seriously.
I guess if something was said about me or my behavior behind my back or without me being present--that could be another scenario as I said above.
Otherwise, I can not think of a situation I would want or desire such.
Honestly, as I think about this, I don't think I have ever been in that situation where it has been done.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Post by luvlady345 Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Ok... Differences/opinion is what makes discussion..

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:27 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
I can't remember which one of us said it, but I've got to borrow their line: "Not my circus. Not my monkeys."
However, I do find all of this somewhat amusing.  2pop

That was me.handwave I was surprised that the radio silence in SM was allowed to continue for as long as it did.  It may very well be that MM put her foot down and brokered the "peace".  

It's just as likely that MELT advised their clients Andi & Josh that even a perceived family battle would decrease their likability hence their marketability.  MELT is the Atlanta based agency that Andi & Josh signed with to promote them and their endeavors.  MELT = marketing, entertainment, lifestyles, trends for those that are interested. They are billed as a sports & entertainment marketing agency with an emphasis on developing brand strategies.  I believe they represent (or represented) another Bach couple that vigorously explore various options open to good looking, "likable" couples....

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:41 pm

Other couples have received the same discussion in the past.
This discussion has been each season a couple has gone this route.

But let me be clear---this discussion is not about to get waylaid once again to other couples.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:43 pm

luvlady345 wrote: That goes w/o saying that women like to stand on their own 2 feet and fight their own battles, but there is not a woman alive who has a partner who wouldn't want their partner to be protective and ready to come to their defense if need be, come on now.....  I know you don't like Andi but that is what IMO men are suppose to do......
IA, I think most people, not just women, want their partner to be protective of them and their relationship. I think defriending his family is stupid but he probably thought it was best. I really doubt this means Josh challenged mm out for a rumble in the junk yard to defend Andi's honor though.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:05 pm

FLChica wrote:It's just as likely that MELT advised their clients Andi & Josh that even a perceived family battle would decrease their likability hence their marketability.  MELT is the Atlanta based agency that Andi & Josh signed with to promote them and their endeavors.  MELT = marketing, entertainment, lifestyles, trends for those that are interested. They are billed as a sports & entertainment marketing agency with an emphasis on developing brand strategies.  I believe they represent (or represented) another Bach couple that vigorously explore various options open to good looking, "likable" couples....
Since Andi and Josh seem to have parted ways with MELT several weeks ago, I think it's highly unlikely that MELT had anything to do with today's détente.
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:27 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
aviej wrote:It's easy to place blame on Josh, because Josh's character has been more visible on TV. Yes Aaron is a pro athlete and is very popular but you really cannot assess much of his character when he is throwing balls on a field. How many actual conversations Aaron has had on TV as opposed to Josh? How many different scenarios were placed before Aaron on TV to get a good sense of his character? Also, he is not as visible on sm as Josh is. So maybe he's wise for not posting as many posts, but by virtue that Josh is out there in the media makes him more susceptible to criticism. It doesn't mean he is less mature than Aaron, or more rash than Aaron because, we simply have not seen enough of Aaron to make that assessment. But again, this is just my opinion.

People in GA and near UGA (I am 45 minutes away from UGA) watched Aaron grow up.

If you have not lived in the south it is hard to understand what being a football player and a high profile football player like QB at a school like UGA means.  People here know Aaron they have followed him and they have seen his character with his actions on and off the field.  I knew of Josh from reading articles, but most don't have any idea who Josh even is.  And these are young women and men in their 20s.  Aaron as the QB at UGA was notable and they followed him.  Most here could give a crap less about Josh, seriously, I have multiple times tried to start viewing parties here to share my obsession with and none of my friends/students are interested, even this summer when I said that Aaron Murray's big brother was on the show, no one wanted to watch with me.  Watch a football game, heck yeah, 75% say yes.

So yes, I do feel as if I do know something about Aaron, I have watched him grow up and become a good man.  He did lots for the community and this area.  If you want to know why Dawgs love Josh so much, I can tell you that a lot of that has to do with Aaron.

I know to fans of this show it might seem different, but in the real world here in GA, Aaron is the awesome one and Andi and Josh are just two people who they might recognize as having decided to go on reality tv.  

What I find interesting is that many of the articles I have read (yes, I have stalked on the internet) have stated that Josh was like a father figure to Aaron throughout all his UGA years. He helped him and guided him to make good decisions and stay on track with his goals. Even Aaron has stated this. So with that, I would presume Josh is partly responsible for Aaron becoming the great guy talked about here. Sure, Aaron was a hero in Athens, I get it. I realize that players are worshiped on and off the field, especially in the SEC. But what does the fact that friends and neighbors don't know or care who Josh is have to do with his personal character? So they know more about Aaron with his higher profile in Georgia. How does that diminish the kind of person Josh is? They were both brought up by the same parents with the same core values. Former teammates have even stated that they are basically the same person. Both seem like incredible men, and I think both Andi and Kacie are lucky to have them.

Back to top Go down

Post by mag pie Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:29 pm

Voice of reason again luvlady345. I'm a strong woman but I love my husband's protective nature of me with everybody! I'm just happy that Andi & Josh are happy. Looking forward to the wedding.

mag pie

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:49 pm

snipped
stuckinsc wrote: Like single mothers who actually have to support their children all on their own.  Or wives of military husbands who have to take care of everything.  Women who give their all and care for others and not have to act like b****es to do it. To me that is strength.  
 To me real strength is when you can face opposition or hard times and actually have grace and not have to blame the other or break down all the time.  We did not see this with Andi.  When it wasn't Andi's way she got mean and nasty or cried until she got her way.

I think there's a difference between a strong woman and a woman of strong personality (or a strong-minded woman). ITA with the bolded part. To me, a strong woman shows grace and courage when facing challenges/difficult times in life. What has Andi done that made her a strong woman? I am curious to know.
BTW, I think it's great she and Josh attended charity events. I hope they will continue to support worthy causes.
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Alanna wrote:
luvlady345 wrote: That goes w/o saying that women like to stand on their own 2 feet and fight their own battles, but there is not a woman alive who has a partner who wouldn't want their partner to be protective and ready to come to their defense if need be, come on now.....  I know you don't like Andi but that is what IMO men are suppose to do......
IA, I think most people, not just women, want their partner to be protective of them and their relationship. I think defriending his family is stupid but he probably thought it was best. I really doubt this means Josh challenged mm out for a rumble in the junk yard to defend Andi's honor though.

Exactly! This is one strong family and they stick together. All families are not perfect but usually they love each other enough to work through the differences. Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:10 pm

sdmom wrote:snipped
stuckinsc wrote: Like single mothers who actually have to support their children all on their own.  Or wives of military husbands who have to take care of everything.  Women who give their all and care for others and not have to act like b****es to do it. To me that is strength.  
 To me real strength is when you can face opposition or hard times and actually have grace and not have to blame the other or break down all the time.  We did not see this with Andi.  When it wasn't Andi's way she got mean and nasty or cried until she got her way.

I think there's a difference between a strong woman and a woman of strong personality (or a strong-minded woman). ITA with the bolded part. To me, a strong woman shows grace and courage when facing challenges/difficult times in life. What has Andi done that made her a strong woman? I am curious to know.
BTW, I think it's great she and Josh attended charity events. I hope they will continue to support worthy causes.

Andi and Josh are attending another charity event this weekend in Georgia for a nonprofit organization that helps raise funds that can go to research of heart transplants. yes

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Laudergirl wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
aviej wrote:It's easy to place blame on Josh, because Josh's character has been more visible on TV. Yes Aaron is a pro athlete and is very popular but you really cannot assess much of his character when he is throwing balls on a field. How many actual conversations Aaron has had on TV as opposed to Josh? How many different scenarios were placed before Aaron on TV to get a good sense of his character? Also, he is not as visible on sm as Josh is. So maybe he's wise for not posting as many posts, but by virtue that Josh is out there in the media makes him more susceptible to criticism. It doesn't mean he is less mature than Aaron, or more rash than Aaron because, we simply have not seen enough of Aaron to make that assessment. But again, this is just my opinion.

People in GA and near UGA (I am 45 minutes away from UGA) watched Aaron grow up.

If you have not lived in the south it is hard to understand what being a football player and a high profile football player like QB at a school like UGA means.  People here know Aaron they have followed him and they have seen his character with his actions on and off the field.  I knew of Josh from reading articles, but most don't have any idea who Josh even is.  And these are young women and men in their 20s.  Aaron as the QB at UGA was notable and they followed him.  Most here could give a crap less about Josh, seriously, I have multiple times tried to start viewing parties here to share my obsession with and none of my friends/students are interested, even this summer when I said that Aaron Murray's big brother was on the show, no one wanted to watch with me.  Watch a football game, heck yeah, 75% say yes.

So yes, I do feel as if I do know something about Aaron, I have watched him grow up and become a good man.  He did lots for the community and this area.  If you want to know why Dawgs love Josh so much, I can tell you that a lot of that has to do with Aaron.

I know to fans of this show it might seem different, but in the real world here in GA, Aaron is the awesome one and Andi and Josh are just two people who they might recognize as having decided to go on reality tv.  

What I find interesting is that many of the articles I have read (yes, I have stalked on the internet) have stated that Josh was like a father figure to Aaron throughout all his UGA years. He helped him and guided him to make good decisions and stay on track with his goals. Even Aaron has stated this. So with that, I would presume Josh is partly responsible for Aaron becoming the great guy talked about here. Sure, Aaron was a hero in Athens, I get it. I realize that players are worshiped on and off the field, especially in the SEC. But what does the fact that friends and neighbors don't know or care who Josh is have to do with his personal character?  So they know more about Aaron with his higher profile in Georgia. How does that diminish the kind of person Josh is? They were both brought up by the same parents with the same core values. Former teammates have even stated that they are basically the same person. Both seem like incredible men, and I think both Andi and Kacie are lucky to have them.

I was simply stating that in this area Aaron is extremely well known. He is not someone we have no idea about as the original post said. I participate in this crazy bachelor world where Josh and Andi are famous, but in my real life with my friends here in Augusta and my many friends in ATL, they know who Aaron is, what kind of person he is, his interests, his degrees, major, what he does. They have little to no idea who Josh or Andi are. This includes the ATL group.

I was simply offering perspective that is outside of this board.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 79 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 50 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

+63
Longhornfan
livlafluv1
MiniDiva
sara11
tigertiz