SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Page 4 of 45 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 4 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by sdmom Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:08 pm

Georgia Lindsay wrote:Nick a gentleman, maybe on some other planet. A gentleman does not take secrets from the bedroom and blab about them, no matter what the situation is, real life or the show. The fact that no other contestant in all these years of this show being on, has ever said at the ATFR they had sex in the FS, when they did, in fact, & also left broken hearted, speaks for itself.  Not classy at all. At least he seems to enjoy the bar scene, so maybe he'll meet someone more on his level.

I don't go to bar. I don't drink at all, but I think it's perfectly normal for a 30something single male to enjoy bar scene. I know someone who has a MBA from a top5 business school met her Ivy-graduate husband in a bar and now they've been happily married for almost 10 years with beautiful children. Yeah, it does work to meet someone more of your level at a bar.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 4 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:58 pm

sdmom wrote:
Georgia Lindsay wrote:Nick a gentleman, maybe on some other planet. A gentleman does not take secrets from the bedroom and blab about them, no matter what the situation is, real life or the show. The fact that no other contestant in all these years of this show being on, has ever said at the ATFR they had sex in the FS, when they did, in fact, & also left broken hearted, speaks for itself.  Not classy at all. At least he seems to enjoy the bar scene, so maybe he'll meet someone more on his level.

I don't go to bar. I don't drink at all, but I think it's perfectly normal for a 30something single male to enjoy bar scene. I know someone who has a MBA from a top5 business school met her Ivy-graduate husband in a bar and now they've been happily married for almost 10 years with beautiful children. Yeah, it does work to meet someone more of your level at a bar.

Categorizing bar people IMO isn't really fair. There are a lot of executives and professionals that are single and frequent bars with impeccable reputations. There are plenty of classy bars that many well known people go to.

I don't go to bars, but I certainly did in my late 20's and early 30's. Those were some of the best times in my social life.

From what we have seen in Nick's fan thread, his "level" is one of respect and admiration for his family, his friends, and those who follow him. We know he doesn't like one night stands, so he wouldn't be interested in "those types" of bar scenes. JMHO of what I know of him post show.

A quick look at Christy's twitter, I see she lives in Chicago. I thought I read a rumour about her and Coach Brian, but maybe not. That was nice of him to give her some business and recognition via Twitter.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:13 pm

We have this whole season that we are still talking about because Andi went to a bar where they happen to be casting. That is direct from her Jezebel interview. So yes, Nick does seem to like and be attracted to women who go to bars. Now if I was ten years younger and unmarried, oh and like 100 pounds lighter ... cantstopl
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:15 pm

stuckinsc wrote:We have this whole season that we are still talking about because Andi went to a bar where they happen to be casting.  That is direct from her Jezebel interview.  So yes, Nick does seem to like and be attracted to women who go to bars.  Now if I was ten years younger and unmarried, oh and like 100 pounds lighter ... cantstopl

Yeah my last post brought back memories to those days. cantstopl I need to be a little more than 10 yrs younger. cantstopl
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm

stuckinsc wrote:We have this whole season that we are still talking about because Andi went to a bar where they happen to be casting.  That is direct from her Jezebel interview.  So yes, Nick does seem to like and be attracted to women who go to bars.  Now if I was ten years younger and unmarried, oh and like 100 pounds lighter ... cantstopl

In that interview, Andi stated the casting took place at Three Sheets (more of a restaurant/lounge) and she clearly states she went there directly for the casting call. She didn't happen upon it by chance. She was told to go there for the casting call.

There's nothing wrong with going to bars, but I know that as a 23 year old woman, I hope by the time I'm over 30, I won't need to go to bars that are most fully of 20 something year olds or at the very least, not go to one just about every weekend. Everyone is different though.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Ash2214 wrote:

In that interview, Andi stated the casting took place at Three Sheets (more of a restaurant/lounge) and she clearly states she went there directly for the casting call. She didn't happen upon it by chance. She was told to go there for the casting call.

There's nothing wrong with going to bars, but I know that as a 23 year old woman, I hope by the time I'm over 30, I won't need to go to bars that are most fully of 20 something year olds or at the very least, not go to one just about every weekend. Everyone is different though.

I am pretty sure Andi and Josh both frequented bars before the show weren't they at the same club before the show and didn't speak because he was in casting?

I am not a bar person at least not anymore. I am in my late twenties. However a big reason for me is I am married so I don't really feel any desire or need to. Two of my friends are single one late twenties one early thirties. They go to the bar all the time because they are single and unfortunately there aren't a lot of good ways to meet people as you get older. I don't think it matters to me if a single guy in his thirties goes to a bar it's more how he acts at the bar and how he acts towards other people that define who he is.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:30 pm

sbolduc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

I am pretty sure Andi and Josh both frequented bars before the show weren't they at the same club before the show and didn't speak because he was in casting?

I am not a bar person at least not anymore. I am in my late twenties. However a big reason for me is I am married so I don't really feel any desire or need to. Two of my friends are single one late twenties one early thirties. They go to the bar all the time because they are single and unfortunately there aren't a lot of good ways to meet people as you get older. I don't think it matters to me if a single guy in his thirties goes to a bar it's more how he acts at the bar and how he acts towards other people that define who he is.

I didn't say Andi or Josh didn't or don't go to bars. My post wasn't about them. I was correcting someone else by stating Andi wasn't hanging out at a bar and there happened to be a casting crew there. She went to this restaurant specifically to attend the casting call. Her friends told her where to go.

Similar to your situation, although I'm only 23, I would love to be married before 30, but who knows if that will be the case. It was just my opinion, but as I see up here in Boston, most bars are filled with people my age or a little bit older. I personally just don't want to be over 30 going out to bars every weekend when they're (at least in Boston) 90% full of college students or people in their mid twenties, so therefore, I get what Georgia Lindsay might have been referring to in the original post that started this conversation.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Ash2214 wrote:

The interview I read, said she was supposed to meet and it was late after work and she went anyway and the casting call happened to be there. That is what I read.

BTW, I loved going to the bar and watching football every weekend in my 30s, but maybe that is just me. Of course the bar I went to had people from their 20s to their 70s, so not every bar is a pick up joint, some of us just like to hang out.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:20 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

The interview I read, said she was supposed to meet and it was late after work and she went anyway and the casting call happened to be there.  That is what I read.

BTW, I loved going to the bar and watching football every weekend in my 30s, but maybe that is just me.  Of course the bar I went to had people from their 20s to their 70s, so not every bar is a pick up joint, some of us just like to hang out.

So how did it all happen?
There was a casting call, and my friends told me about it. It was in Atlanta up in Sandy Springs [at Three Sheets]. I was like, ‘There’s no way I’m going to a Bachelor casting call; you guys are crazy.’ I remember it was a Thursday and I got off work at a normal time, which was unusual. I didn’t feel like working out and my girlfriend canceled dinner, so I just drove there. I went by myself and had no idea what to expect. I came in my suit! I got there and these girls were dressed to the nines in their stilettos and these cute little outfits. I took off my blazer so I at least had a skirt and tank top on. I did the interview and I was like, ‘This is stupid; why did I do this?’ And the next thing I knew I was getting called out to interview in L.A.

- See more at: http://modernluxury.com/jezebel/story/making-mrs-murray#sthash.WTZ45UCE.dpuf

That was her direct answer from the Jezebel magazine you referred to.  She knew it was the casting call.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:44 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

The interview I read, said she was supposed to meet and it was late after work and she went anyway and the casting call happened to be there.  That is what I read.

BTW, I loved going to the bar and watching football every weekend in my 30s, but maybe that is just me.  Of course the bar I went to had people from their 20s to their 70s, so not every bar is a pick up joint, some of us just like to hang out.

Or hockey!!! Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 4 31520324 Pizza and Wings OTR (Over the River) as we call it, river being the Niagara River which separates Canada and USA. All the crazy Canadian fans who are Buffalo Sabre's fans mixed up with non Buffalo Sabre's fans, what a hoot.

Those types of bars a so much fun, regardless of your age. Single guys like Nick everywhere plus families and people of all ages.

He's single and young, and now well known. I can see him having fun at a bar with guys and girls watching football. Now if he was pulling an Ed pre girlfriend, in the olden days (I love Ed BTW) then I'd be a little worried.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:46 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

Or hockey!!! Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 4 31520324 Pizza and Wings OTR (Over the River) as we call it, river being the Niagara River which separates Canada and USA. All the crazy Canadian fans who are Buffalo Sabre's fans mixed up with non Buffalo Sabre's fans, what a hoot.

Those types of bars a so much fun, regardless of your age. Single guys like Nick everywhere plus families and people of all ages.

He's single and young, and now well known. I can see him having fun at a bar with guys and girls watching football. Now if he was pulling an Ed pre girlfriend, in the olden days (I love Ed BTW) then I'd be a little worried.

Or even just to hang out with your academic colleagues. At Emory, the faculty in our Biomedical PhD Program liked to go sit and have drinks and talk at a few of the local bars. The crowd was always a mixed age and fun. It was actually where some of the best experimental ideas came from.

Now I am in my 40s, since I took the non-traditional career path, I have been around people in their 20s since I was in my 20s, I hope that doesn't make me creepy that I go and hang out with them and have fun and our favorite places to do that are bars where we watch sports or play trivia.

I am actually looking forward to moving elsewhere to be around more places to go out. My hubby too. He travels all the time for business and he and his colleagues go out after dinner to bars to hang out, relax and talk. Most are around his age, some a little younger and quite a few older. These are people with PhDs in Chemistry, Physics and some engineering.

So for us, we like bars and find them great places to hang out and relax. Now dance clubs I try not to go to unless dragged or bribed, but then again, I have two left feet and dancing and I are not good friends.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:47 pm

Ash2214 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

So how did it all happen?
There was a casting call, and my friends told me about it. It was in Atlanta up in Sandy Springs [at Three Sheets]. I was like, ‘There’s no way I’m going to a Bachelor casting call; you guys are crazy.’ I remember it was a Thursday and I got off work at a normal time, which was unusual. I didn’t feel like working out and my girlfriend canceled dinner, so I just drove there. I went by myself and had no idea what to expect. I came in my suit! I got there and these girls were dressed to the nines in their stilettos and these cute little outfits. I took off my blazer so I at least had a skirt and tank top on. I did the interview and I was like, ‘This is stupid; why did I do this?’ And the next thing I knew I was getting called out to interview in L.A.

- See more at: http://modernluxury.com/jezebel/story/making-mrs-murray#sthash.WTZ45UCE.dpuf

That was her direct answer from the Jezebel magazine you referred to.  She knew it was the casting call.

Thank you once again for correcting me. I should just automatically yield to you on all things Andi, since you remember her details much better than I do.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 45 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

+59
emusha
Pia1
rosesrREd
atem
pavalygurl