SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by jcrbil Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Cecilia wrote:I asked this in another thread but what F1's have not gotten the traditional F1 FD?  The day with the locals is never the F1 FD in my memory.

While I don't think this is a traditional f1 kind of date it is a kind of date which would be "future looking" for Josh in particular and for them as a couple (on top of which, if they were doing a baseball in the DR date who would you have do it- the football playing farmer? the cross-country runner? or the baseball player?). But having watched the J&A htd again last night- Josh said he hadn't played baseball for 7 years... that's going cold turkey on something you have lived and breathed- probably since he was 5! And playing, he got a little bit of joy and a little of an itch. So at 29, what is he going to do with that? As a dad, what is he going to do with it? Coach, of course (little leaguers). So this is his taste of that.

Also, Andi's "type" would go on the romantic, helicopter date. But she's trying to get past "type" to see the person. Hence, Josh gets the town, kiddo baseball date- so that Andi will see the person (and it's pretty clear they don't need a private island to be affectionate- they were wrapped up in each other in the Murrays' living room.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by pander3575 Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:16 pm

jcrbil wrote:
Cecilia wrote:I asked this in another thread but what F1's have not gotten the traditional F1 FD?  The day with the locals is never the F1 FD in my memory.

While I don't think this is a traditional f1 kind of date it is a kind of date which would be "future looking" for Josh in particular and for them as a couple (on top of which, if they were doing a baseball in the DR date who would you have do it- the football playing farmer?  the cross-country runner?  or the baseball player?).  But having watched the J&A htd again last night- Josh said he hadn't played baseball for 7 years... that's going cold turkey on something you have lived and breathed- probably since he was 5!  And playing, he got a little bit of joy and a little of an itch.  So at 29, what is he going to do with that?  As a dad, what is he going to do with it?  Coach, of course (little leaguers).  So this is his taste of that.

Also,  Andi's "type" would go on the romantic, helicopter date.  But she's trying to get past "type" to see the person.  Hence, Josh gets the town, kiddo baseball date- so that Andi will see the person (and it's pretty clear they don't need a private island to be affectionate- they were wrapped up in each other in the Murrays' living room.

Didn't his mother say she'd never seen him do that with any other girl? I may need to go watch their date again. What a hardship!  giggling 
pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:20 pm

jcrbil wrote:

While I don't think this is a traditional f1 kind of date it is a kind of date which would be "future looking" for Josh in particular and for them as a couple (on top of which, if they were doing a baseball in the DR date who would you have do it- the football playing farmer?  the cross-country runner?  or the baseball player?).  But having watched the J&A htd again last night- Josh said he hadn't played baseball for 7 years... that's going cold turkey on something you have lived and breathed- probably since he was 5!  And playing, he got a little bit of joy and a little of an itch.  So at 29, what is he going to do with that?  As a dad, what is he going to do with it?  Coach, of course (little leaguers).  So this is his taste of that.

Also,  Andi's "type" would go on the romantic, helicopter date.  But she's trying to get past "type" to see the person.  Hence, Josh gets the town, kiddo baseball date- so that Andi will see the person (and it's pretty clear they don't need a private island to be affectionate- they were wrapped up in each other in the Murrays' living room.

ITA. Baseball is HUGE in the DR, probably the national sport, so I'm not sure if that date was already on the books, or if the producers orchestrated it specifically for Josh, but they were clearly not going to give it to any of the other guys. And since I believe that they were trying to put Andi in more romantic settings with guys not named Josh as much as possible to sort of even things up, it makes sense to give Nick what has been typically the F1 FD.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:21 pm

pander3575 wrote:
jcrbil wrote:

Didn't his mother say she'd never seen him do that with any other girl? I may need to go watch their date again.  What a hardship!  giggling 
That was ridiculous. I would think Josh would be really respectful and hands-off, but no, both hands on Andi and she's pretty much in his lap. She really didn't need to worry that she wouldn't have his affection and attention laugh out loud

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:25 pm

I missed the baseball part! We all know he played baseball. They have to continue to hit us over the head with that.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by motheroffive Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:03 pm

ironcat wrote:
jcrbil wrote:

ITA.  Baseball is HUGE in the DR, probably the national sport, so I'm not sure if that date was already on the books, or if the producers orchestrated it specifically for Josh, but they were clearly not going to give it to any of the other guys.  And since I believe that they were trying to put Andi in more romantic settings with guys not named Josh as much as possible to sort of even things up, it makes sense to give Nick what has been typically the F1 FD.

I have three boys that are or were big baseball players. All three have taken trips to the DR to deliver used and donated equipment to kids there. They do love love their baseball! It looks like maybe Josh and Andi brought epuipment to the kids as well, so possibly the date had been set up already and just made sense obviously for it to be Josh's date.

motheroffive

Female Posts : 2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:17 pm

Cecilia wrote:I missed the baseball part!  We all know he played baseball.  They have to continue to hit us over the head with that.
Like with a bat?  giggling  We've been hit like a dead horse, I mean "broken bat" ala Andi on their HTD.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:30 pm

Piper61 wrote:
Cecilia wrote:I missed the baseball part!  We all know he played baseball.  They have to continue to hit us over the head with that.
Like with a bat?  giggling   We've been hit like a dead horse, I mean "broken bat" ala Andi on their HTD.
Yes - they've already discussed baseball; they've already played baseball.... I would think a more likely F1 date would the one Nick got - a secluded beach date where they could connect emotionally, spiritually and physically.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:33 pm

SueSt wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
Like with a bat?  giggling   We've been hit like a dead horse, I mean "broken bat" ala Andi on their HTD.
Yes - they've already discussed baseball; they've already played baseball.... I would think a more likely F1 date would the one Nick got - a secluded beach date where they could connect emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Maybe josh will get a secluded beach on his LCD. Who knows, but baseball is special to Josh and looks like it might even be a charity thing. One thing that has surprised is how good andi is with kids. ;) Looking forward to their date.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:44 pm

SueSt wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
I would agree, except for the fact that during the HTD, it was learned that Josh has been away from baseball for the past 7 years even though it had been something that he so loved all of his life. I think, as others have said before me, that this taking place in the DR where baseball is a huge deal, it makes perfect sense for Josh to get the date. It's an opportunity it appears to be charitable as well as a great indicator of how Josh interacts with children and getting him back to a sport he loves where eventually he might end up wanting to be a Little League coach for his children and others. I think Josh and Andi make those connections where every they are. I posted that the baseball date makes less sense for Nick and Chris, as does the horseback riding date for Josh and Nick. Chris was totally suited for the horseback riding date because he appears to be experienced wherein Andi is not, and she is a bit scared. Chris is able to teach her, and guide her through her apparent unease in parts of the ride.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:52 pm

^^^All good points... however if I'm Andi and Josh is my F1, I'm taking him to the secluded beach... Let the producers come up with different dates for F2 and F3.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:54 pm

SueSt wrote:^^^All good points... however if I'm Andi and Josh is my F1, I'm taking him to the secluded beach... Let the producers come up with different dates for F2 and F3.

But it really isn't secluded with the cameras and all the producers. LOL She has time later to be "alone" with him. ;) Even though they show her having doubts about taking Josh to FS, like get real. She goes and we all know it!! Silly producers!  Hugesmile 
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+105
Laura Walsh
albean99
George1218
JBF
Jpcook4
Iam4UGA
ElonM
nannymargie
Retiredswimmom
MiniDiva
mercieme