SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Page 14 of 81 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 14 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by ElonM Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:30 am

FLChica wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
janeh810 wrote:I think Josh may have have passed the test.  I just think it was the concept of being tested that bothered him.  

I think so too. I think he was just genuinely turned off by the concept on principle alone. It WAS strange and can't be compared to the mime date. Last night was meant to get a rise out of some of them.
IMHO it most certainly can be compared to the mime date and most of the other dates.  The mime date was an effort to make the guys as uncomfortable as possible doing something none of them had ever done in a public setting.  Just like the stripping date:  make them as uncomfortable as possible in a public setting.  

TPTB also arrange dates that highlight some part of the lead's real (or former) life.  JPG soccer group date, Ben's winery date, Emily's cooking baking / kiddo soccer date, etc.  The lie detector test was a nod to MeAndi's former job as an ADA and served the dual purpose of making the guys squirm.  

Nick wasn't happy about the mime date and didn't give it much effort, but owned up to it with MeAndi.  Josh complained to the guys & MeAndi repeatedly, attempting to justify his behavior.  But he's happy to do something that highlights his good points such as basketball. Just be a gown a** man Josh.  The same "is he being honest" testing applied to all the contestants.  It really wasn't all about you.

Exactly!!!
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 14 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by bleuberry Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:36 am

But Nick was being a baby BECAUSE he was on a group date. Sure, if for some reason he was traumatized or has a childhood fear of it, or is morally against it (is that even possible? Lol) then that would be something. But his hissyfit was solely about sharing Andi, in which case I say man up dude, and welcome to the Bachelorette.

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 14 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Relalou Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:37 am

bleuberry wrote:
janeh810 wrote:I think Josh may have have passed the test.  I just think it was the concept of being tested that bothered him.  

I think so too. I think he was just genuinely turned off by the concept on principle alone. It WAS strange and can't be compared to the mime date. Last night was meant to get a rise out of some of them.

Me three! I think that in light of Josh sharing about a girlfriend who didn't trust him and listened to college friends telling her he was cheating, being trusted by his significant other is particularly important. He thought that they were on the same page last week when "her guard came down" and then is faced with a lie detector. I think he was honest (he fessed up to cheating on a test) but it threw him for a loop that he would have his honesty tested in this way. He probably also thinks it was Andi's idea (naive of him) but she presented it that way to the guys.

So… he doesn't like feeling she still isn't trusting him and she is so into him that she tries desperately to get him beyond the "like" word with her. Considering he told her that the next "ILY" will be to someone he wants to marry, I'm unsurprised and glad that he isn't rushing into saying it in order to stay.

Finally, it does feel different to the mime date because although that entailed getting out of your comfort zone too, it didn't push a particular button for Nick, which this lie detector definitely did for Josh.

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvvy Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:39 am

^^ :yes: 

FLChica wrote:
bleuberry wrote:

IMHO it most certainly can be compared to the mime date and most of the other dates.  The mime date was an effort to make the guys as uncomfortable as possible doing something none of them had ever done in a public setting.  Just like the stripping date:  make them as uncomfortable as possible in a public setting.  

TPTB also arrange dates that highlight some part of the lead's real (or former) life.  JPG soccer group date, Ben's winery date, Emily's cooking baking / kiddo soccer date, etc.  The lie detector test was a nod to MeAndi's former job as an ADA and served the dual purpose of making the guys squirm.  

Nick wasn't happy about the mime date and didn't give it much effort, but owned up to it with MeAndi.  Josh complained to the guys & MeAndi repeatedly, attempting to justify his behavior.  But he's happy to do something that highlights his good points such as basketball. Just be a gown a** man Josh.  The same "is he being honest" testing applied to all the contestants.  It really wasn't all about you.

What do you mean by his behavior? What exactly did he do laugh out loud?

Josh gave his reasons to Andi why he didn't like it. No, it's not all about him, but it is all about their relationship as it should be for each individual contestant. I guess he didn't go into it thinking all the guys are taking the same test, but really thinking instead, what does this have to do with Andi and I's relationship...I personally wish he didn't take it to heart as much too because it would have been easier but as I stated earlier he was just being true to himself and trust is important to him. I guess we will agree to disagree.

My favorite favorites ~Chantal O.~Sean~Chres~Jolly~Chris L.~JODI #TeamSushi #TeamYellowRibbon
Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:43 am

I'll go out on a limb here and state that NONE of the contestants wanted their integrity questioned or to be asked if they cheated in the past, slept with multiple women or wash their hands after using the bathroom. Just my humble opinion of course.  Maybe Josh is morally superior to all of the other guys.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Relalou Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:46 am

[quote="ElonM"]
FLChica wrote:
bleuberry wrote:

But that is exactly the point (bolded): Josh doesn't seem to me to be thinking about this as a competition or himself as a contestant, he is looking at it as a growing relationship. Therefore, to him it becomes personal rather than part of a show. I think that he has lost sight of the "show perspective" because he is seeing the possibility of a real relationship. That is a good thing, but it can lead to over-reacting - particularly on a topic that is already sensitive to him (having experience with a gf who lacked trust in him).

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:47 am

FLChica wrote:I'll go out on a limb here and state that NONE of the contestants wanted their integrity questioned or to be asked if they cheated in the past, slept with multiple women or wash their hands after using the bathroom. Just my humble opinion of course.  Maybe Josh is morally superior to all of the other guys.

But I yhink they took it in stride, good for them. I don't think that is Josh's strong suit, together they seem like two very intense people. He isn't superior, he just has different buttons.

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 14 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:58 am

Relalou wrote:
ElonM wrote:
FLChica wrote:
bleuberry wrote:

But that is exactly the point (bolded):  Josh doesn't seem to me to be thinking about this as a competition or himself as a contestant, he is looking at it as a growing relationship.  Therefore, to him it becomes personal rather than part of a show.  I think that he has lost sight of the "show perspective" because he is seeing the possibility of a real relationship.  That is a good thing, but it can lead to over-reacting - particularly on a topic that is already sensitive to him (having experience with a gf who lacked trust in him).  

I agree, he is looking at it as a growing relationship. I do think it was a good thing he expressed his feelings to Andi and kept nothing inside. Two people in a relationship should always be willing to open up and not "bottle" anything. Feelings are not right, or wrong, but just how someone feels. I say good for Josh. Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvvy Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:59 am

Well said, bleuberry.

My favorite favorites ~Chantal O.~Sean~Chres~Jolly~Chris L.~JODI #TeamSushi #TeamYellowRibbon
Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvvy Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Relalou wrote:
ElonM wrote:
FLChica wrote:
bleuberry wrote:

But that is exactly the point (bolded):  Josh doesn't seem to me to be thinking about this as a competition or himself as a contestant, he is looking at it as a growing relationship.  Therefore, to him it becomes personal rather than part of a show.  I think that he has lost sight of the "show perspective" because he is seeing the possibility of a real relationship.  That is a good thing, but it can lead to over-reacting - particularly on a topic that is already sensitive to him (having experience with a gf who lacked trust in him).  
Exactly right here and couple the feeling he had from the group date this week to what he says on the 1:1 next week he's totally removing their relationship from the show at this point and wanting her to himself. Every situation is personal, even if in a group setting. That being said he's still a willing participant in the process and not mr. salty pants.

Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:07 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
janeh810 wrote:I haven't kept up with the posts on this thread, but I did want to share my comments about last night's episode.  I did notice the communication problem.  I'd be stuttering, too, over a lie detector test.  I did think Josh was right to be unhappy with the test.  Was the test the producers idea?  I think the other guys didn't show their true feelings about the test because they either didn't have as strong feelings about Andi or they didn't want to disappoint Andi.  Maybe, Josh is being the most truthful about the test.  And, he told Andi the truth.

If you have nothing to hide, what's the big deal? I'd say bring it. Andi took the test as well and every other guy had fun with it. Nobody complained but Josh.

Hmmm, weren't we just here last week when lots of Josh fans were ganging up on Nick for not wanting to mime in street and being salty for not enjoying unnaturalness of group date. Why does Josh get free pass? He was moaning about the group date activity before and after to her whereas Nick acknowledged his attitude and apologized.

I don't think you can compare miming to taking a lie detector test. (imo) Josh felt uncomfortable, and so did a few others. It brought out that "icky" feeling I call it.  no  Just felt a little too weird. We know tptb did it to bring out that "icky" feeling and possibly some unpleasant emotions. Mission accomplished. They also fed off of Andi's trust issues and insecurities. They are not stupid and they decide the dates.  :yes: 

Most people would react the same way, especially when some of your answers, truthful or not, are being broadcasted on national TV. The hand washing answer of Dylan's was an embarrassment, along with how many women he has slept with. None of our business.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:15 pm

Relalou wrote:
ElonM wrote:
FLChica wrote:
bleuberry wrote:

Interestingly enough, Nick feels the same way and said as much to Andi.  He was quite willing to own up to showing his displeasure while competing for her attention on the silly mime date.  What Nick really objected to is being called a "frontrunner" and explained that he is only focused on his relationship with Andi, not comparing theirs to anyone else's relationship.  He also sees the possibility of a relationship and is willing to express his feelings to Andi.  

I fail to see how this is any different from how Josh perceives his situation on the show.  I do realize that Josh is the heartthrob this season for many & was spoiled as the F1.  Nick is just airplane video guy / Mr. salty pants.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 81 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

+87
motheroffive
Aunties_Love
emusha
Cecilia
livlafluv1