SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - *Fan Forum* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 57 of 79 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - *Fan Forum* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 57 Empty Re: Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - *Fan Forum* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:11 pm

Retiredswimmom wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:If he is an entry level financial planner--they are a dime a dozen. There are grades of financial advisors and he is basically still starting out. 
So perhaps the moniker of baseball player has more panache.

But Kasha,  he had a $875,000 contract when he signed the baseball contract.  He probably invested well, just recently he traded in his muscle car for an Audi A7, the kind of car most people can only dream of.  I guess he's doing quite well financially.
I have no doubt that a big reason Josh feels comfortable acting like the big man on campus is because he is financially secure, and also that Andi wouldn't choose someone who wasn't well off. That girl is used to being taken great care of and I don't see her changing it if she can help it.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - *Fan Forum* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 57 Empty Re: Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - *Fan Forum* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Retiredswimmom wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:If he is an entry level financial planner--they are a dime a dozen. There are grades of financial advisors and he is basically still starting out. 
So perhaps the moniker of baseball player has more panache.

But Kasha,  he had a $875,000 contract when he signed the baseball contract.  He probably invested well, just recently he traded in his muscle car for an Audi A7, the kind of car most people can only  post. And there is no reason for me to speculate what he has or hasn't as far as I'm concerned as that was not my point.I am saying the show labeled him a ballplayer vs a financial advisor because one has more panache attached to it than the other, especially since this is indeed where the storyline has gone all season---his edit is jock/athlete. 
Hmm. Confused.  Suspect 
 Nowhere in my post do I speculate what kind of financial situation he has. Personally, I don't care and it's not my business.  hmmm  Where I live people drive very nice luxury cars--you can't judge by that and I wouldn't want to. It has no bearing on my life, unless they are going to buy one for me, no strings attached.  :yes: 

What I was trying to point out is the show felt the way to go was emphasizing his ball playing career vs his business career. And this is exactly what they are doing, why--maybe one has more zing than the other. This is part of Josh's storyline. 
I hope this explains better.  Smiley

Just like Chris is not old MacDonald--yet his HTD may surely try to paint him as one.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:24 pm

I understand what you are saying, Kashthediva, but I think I still vote for storyline being the reason he is listed as a former pro-player.

Financial Advisor can mean anything, really. Some make millions.

On the overall financial discussion, not that it really matters:

It sounds like there is family money in the Murray family, but I doubt Josh has that much personally right now. Half of that signing bonus would have disappeared into taxes right off the bat, his salary in the minors would have been super low, and he has recently gone back to school; meaning he most likely lived off that signing bonus for a very long time. Sure Dad did make sure it got parsed wisely, however, and it certainly does not sound like he is in bad financial shape for starting a family; I just wouldn't count on him being "well off."

Wonder how much endorsement work we will see these two taking on now that Andi isn't working?

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:32 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:I understand what you are saying, Kashthediva, but I think I still vote for storyline being the reason he is listed as a former pro-player.

Financial Advisor can mean anything, really.  Some make millions.

It sounds like there is family money in the Murray family, but I doubt Josh has that much personally right now.  Half of that signing bonus would have disappeared into taxes right off the bat, his salary in the minors would have been super low, and he has recently gone back to school; meaning he most likely lived off that signing bonus for a very long time.  Sure Dad did make sure it got parsed wisely, however, and it certainly does not sound like he is in bad financial shape for starting a family; I just wouldn't count on him being "well off."  

Wonder how much endorsement work we will see these two taking on now that Andi isn't working?
Regarding the bolded: This is what I have now stated 3 times. giggling
Entry level f.a's start somewhere around mid 60's with bonuses pre Wall street debacle in the NYC area with big firms. 
But again, my concern was not how much he makes---not what the family has etc., it was emphasis on storyline and the direction the edit was going.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
dw_a_mom wrote:I understand what you are saying, Kashthediva, but I think I still vote for storyline being the reason he is listed as a former pro-player.

It sounds like there is family money in the Murray family, but I doubt Josh has that much personally right now.  Half of that signing bonus would have disappeared into taxes right off the bat, his salary in the minors would have been super low, and he has recently gone back to school; meaning he most likely lived off that signing bonus for a very long time.  Sure Dad did make sure it got parsed wisely, however, and it certainly does not sound like he is in bad financial shape for starting a family; I just wouldn't count on him being "well off."  

Regarding the bolded: This is what I have now stated 3 times. giggling
Entry level f.a's start somewhere around mid 60's with bonuses pre Wall street debacle in the NYC area with big firms. 
But again, my concern was not how much he makes---not what the family has etc., it was emphasis on storyline and the direction the edit was going.

As DW stated Financial Advisor can mean sooo many things. I thought his role was "Financial Service Rep", please correct me if I am wrong. I am in the Finance industry and my husband works for one of the major banks in Canada and at his bank, that role is usually someone who will work as an advisor to the regular banking customer, usually in a branch. Those type of roles are usually in the 30K-40K range here. A "Financial Advisor" is different, it is someone who will have a portfolio of retail and personal type clients, they assist more with mortgages, lending, investments etc. These types of roles will make more money and usually have a commission base built into them. Then there are also Financial Advisors for for high net worth clients, which would make more money depending on the type of services you provide (i.e. are you providing them investing advice etc). I don't the ranges as well on the personal side as my husband works in commercial banking side.

And there are plenty more positions, and this is just on the personal side, then there are also the commercial, private equity, mid-market investment banking, investment banking sides etc.

Given that Josh is working in Atlanta (not a major business epicentre such as New York or Chicago), assuming he is on the personal banking side and how long he has been out of university I would be shocked if he were making more than $55K, but again that is totally dependent on what his role really entails, Financial Advisor could mean anything.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:28 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
Luvvy wrote:Those nose kisses were so cute and very intimate. I think Andi is seeing that there is that mental/soul connection there. It certainly seems like they're getting stronger in that regard.

The nose kisses are great!

Josh really seems to be all in for her.  He is dead on serious about her.  I wonder if he went on the show specifically because it was her.  I get the impression that he did, but has that ever been confirmed?

I think I read somewhere that he was nominated by family (aunt/cousins?) in Philadelphia -- something like that. And of course, nobody actually goes on this show specifically for a particular lead, because all the contestants are already in the "system" before the next lead is even chosen. But I imagine they have the option of dropping out if they're not interested in the lead, once he/she is announced. I get the feeling Josh has never watched the show before, given how excited he was about the by-now-routine private concert, so I don't think he would have known of Andi from JPabs's season. But his mom is obviously a huge fan, and the whole family was probably beside themselves with excitement when Andi was announced -- I mean, she and Josh are ridiculously perfect for each other.
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by ThankMeLater Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:31 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read he also got $100,000 scholarship for the school of his choice

ThankMeLater

Female Posts : 3528

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:31 pm

I think financial stability is probably more important to Andi than wealth as one of many of her criteria.  As we learn more about all the guys on the season, it appears there may be at least 1 "trust fund baby" and a lot of guys who appear to be in very high income brackets (Patrick, Andrew, and Chris as examples).  
Whatever Josh's current income as a fairly new employee, he works for a company where initiative will payoff.

Still a bit befuddled about her having resigned but still think she will return to law in some form.  If she doesn't, she really loses credibility but I suppose that wouldn't matter if the money is in her bank account.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:10 pm

Eagle Eye wrote:
dw_a_mom wrote:
Luvvy wrote:Those nose kisses were so cute and very intimate. I think Andi is seeing that there is that mental/soul connection there. It certainly seems like they're getting stronger in that regard.

Josh really seems to be all in for her.  He is dead on serious about her.  I wonder if he went on the show specifically because it was her.  I get the impression that he did, but has that ever been confirmed?

I think I read somewhere that he was nominated by family (aunt/cousins?) in Philadelphia -- something like that. And of course, nobody actually goes on this show specifically for a particular lead, because all the contestants are already in the "system" before the next lead is even chosen. But I imagine they have the option of dropping out if they're not interested in the lead, once he/she is announced. I get the feeling Josh has never watched the show before, given how excited he was about the by-now-routine private concert, so I don't think he would have known of Andi from JPabs's season. But his mom is obviously a huge fan, and the whole family was probably beside themselves with excitement when Andi was announced -- I mean, she and Josh are ridiculously perfect for each other.

He did tell Andi at the meet and greet that he was there because she was the bachette.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Eagle Eye wrote:
dw_a_mom wrote:

They're so perfect for each other I don't understand how it's for real. Not just the on paper stuff (half Jewish/Catholic, 2 miles apart, look like siblings, on and on) but also the intangible part of relationships, personalities meshing and physical chemistry. It's like we're getting punked, no wonder Andi is freaking out laugh out loud

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:29 pm

nannymargie wrote:
Eagle Eye wrote:
dw_a_mom wrote:Josh really seems to be all in for her.  He is dead on serious about her.  I wonder if he went on the show specifically because it was her.  I get the impression that he did, but has that ever been confirmed?

He did tell Andi at the meet and greet that he was there because she was the bachette.
Oh, I agree that he's definitely there only because it's Andi. I just meant that he didn't specifically apply to be on the show because she was the lead -- he was already in the pool of potential contestants when he found out it was her. But he may very well have dropped out if, say, Clare or Renée had been announced as the next Bachelorette.

Alanna wrote:They're so perfect for each other I don't understand how it's for real. Not just the on paper stuff (half Jewish/Catholic, 2 miles apart, look like siblings, on and on) but also the intangible part of relationships, personalities meshing and physical chemistry. It's like we're getting punked, no wonder Andi is freaking out laugh out loud
Hahaha! Excellent point. I guess I'll give her a pass on that because he really is sort of too good to be true at this point.
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dixie Pines Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Love, Love, LOVE this forum!!! I haven't watched the Bachelorette since Trista, but this season has totally gotten to me!!! Eagerly waiting for Andi to choose Josh, so I've enjoyed reading all of your posts!!! Smiley
Dixie Pines
Dixie Pines

Female Posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 79 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 - *Fan Forum* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

+76
1funnyfish
Jpcook4
joshfan
Rolly
Dixie Pines