SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 70 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 70 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:42 am

This football example is exactly why whenever he mentions what he does for work in broad terms, I'm over here like 'suuuuure.' laugh out loud

It's as if when he's insecure about something (athletics, income/work), he tends to fudge the truth and say just enough.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 70 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Alanna Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:05 am

Bleu, how many times do you need to be told!? Wise, above the rest of us idiots, Sean is over here protecting our national security with his super secret, top level security clearance and writing "how to live" guides on the side. He's busy!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:12 am

^^ "Fudge the truth" is a kind way to describe lying whether it's by omission, evading the question, diverting the conversation to another subject or justifying the action. That's Seanie! While some viewers may call Sean Bachelor Royalty, I think of him as the Teflon Bachelor - nothing yucky sticks.  Hugesmile  

SeanCat are what I've heard described as "comma but" people. Sean says he "played" four years, but he didn't play. Meat eater Cat was a vegan for five years, but only because her BFF was a vegan. Sean's lack of financial knowledge led to many clients losing hundreds of thousands of dollars, but he had partners. Sean repeatedly posts mean spirited comments on SM, but he's only joking. Cat posts mean spirited comments on SM about Bach folks, but behind the scenes she is supportive of them. Sean calls Cat "Wratherine" to describe her bad temper/ugly tirades, but it's a term of endearment. And so on... IMO.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:13 am

justrosie wrote:What sparked my interest in "SeanCat" post Bachelor was a discussion at my workplace.  Since the end of Sean's season I would read or hear something from him or about him that didn't necessarily sit well with me, and just shrug it off as whatever.  Then they just had to appear on CWS.   I don't know why, but it bothered me that he drove a Porsche after having a heavy hand in people losing thousands of dollars of their life savings.  There are many other things.  SMH   Hopefully with the baby they will quietly fade away.

This is really stupid, but I wondered how he was going to handle a baby in his Porsche, since he seemed to be very attached to it. I can't see them ever using his car. giggling

I agree with a lot of what has been said above. Generally, they are good people, but have a bit of "mean-girl" underneath the shiny facade, holier than thou attitude, and looking for the ultimate "job" without putting in the work or education to achieve it. All IMO.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:51 am

Mustang19 wrote:
justrosie wrote:What sparked my interest in "SeanCat" post Bachelor was a discussion at my workplace.  Since the end of Sean's season I would read or hear something from him or about him that didn't necessarily sit well with me, and just shrug it off as whatever.  Then they just had to appear on CWS.   I don't know why, but it bothered me that he drove a Porsche after having a heavy hand in people losing thousands of dollars of their life savings.  There are many other things.  SMH   Hopefully with the baby they will quietly fade away.

This is really stupid, but I wondered how he was going to handle a baby in his Porsche, since he seemed to be very attached to it. I can't see them ever using his car. giggling

I agree with a lot of what has been said above. Generally, they are good people, but have a bit of "mean-girl" underneath the shiny facade, holier than thou attitude, and looking for the ultimate "job" without putting in the work or education to achieve it. All IMO.

The Porsche got traded in for a SUV. He worked with a leasing company doing some promo work so that's why he even drove it to begin with.

umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:08 pm

^^ an SUV would be much more practical with a baby on the way, thanks for the update.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Alanna wrote:Bleu, how many times do you need to be told!? Wise, above the rest of us idiots, Sean is over here protecting our national security with his super secret, top level security clearance and writing "how to live" guides on the side. He's busy!

rotfl

He does have a knack for giving expert advice. He recently did a piece on entrepreneurship.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When can we expect the book on parenting? In the fall? laugh out loud

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Lol this thread is gold....y'all are a riot. Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 70 3806527698 cantstopl rofl

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:52 pm

Mustang19 wrote:

Interesting points. Sean did promo work for the company in exchange for being able to drive the Porsche. Nice for Sean that he could use his "celebrity status" instead of actually paying for something he can't afford. Imagine how thrilled all the people who lost their money from Sean's expert financial advice are to see his SM posts of the Porsche. no no

Sean then reached out via Twitter to get a replacement for the Porsche.
@SeanLowe09  Catherine and I are looking for a new car. Anyone out there know someone who owns a dealership?

@McKinneyDodge It just so happens that we are a dealership. What kind of car are you looking for?

@SeanLowe09 I was looking at Denali's. Could you help?

The exchange continued from there.  Denalis range from $50,000 to over $70,000 - nothing but the best for Seanie! Yep, he works hard on SM for lifestyle he lives. IMO.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:29 pm

bleuberry wrote:
Alanna wrote:Bleu, how many times do you need to be told!? Wise, above the rest of us idiots, Sean is over here protecting our national security with his super secret, top level security clearance and writing "how to live" guides on the side. He's busy!

rotfl

He does have a knack for giving expert advice. He recently did a piece on entrepreneurship.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When can we expect the book on parenting? In the fall? laugh out loud

Hahaha! Oh God, you are right! You called it first, we need to remember that. I'm a fairly new mom (I have 17 month old twins). Nothing, NOTHING bothers me more than sanctimonious parenting, which is actually kind of rampant. These guys are going to rock that hard, huh? Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 70 3806527698 Looking forward to Lowe parenting advice coming our way soon! cantstopl
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:40 pm

FLChica wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:

Interesting points. Sean did promo work for the company in exchange for being able to drive the Porsche. Nice for Sean that he could use his "celebrity status" instead of actually paying for something he can't afford. Imagine how thrilled all the people who lost their money from Sean's expert financial advice are to see his SM posts of the Porsche. no no

Sean then reached out via Twitter to get a replacement for the Porsche.
@SeanLowe09  Catherine and I are looking for a new car. Anyone out there know someone who owns a dealership?

@McKinneyDodge It just so happens that we are a dealership. What kind of car are you looking for?

@SeanLowe09 I was looking at Denali's. Could you help?

The exchange continued from there.  Denalis range from $50,000 to over $70,000 - nothing but the best for Seanie! Yep, he works hard on SM for lifestyle he lives. IMO.

Why doesn't that surprise me? no no Someone asked upthread why the discussion about the Lowes this far after their season. I after thinking about that, maybe because they have been put up on such a high pedestal (partly by TPTB, themselves, media and fans) and undeservedly so IMO, that people just want to share another side of the story, IMO.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:53 pm

^^ I think there is the continued discussion about the Lowes because they just keep putting themselves out there time and again. DWTS, Marriage Boot Camp, Celebrity Wife Swap, nearly every chance they get they show up at a WTA/MTA or ATFR. If CH is there with a microphone, look around, cause the Lowes are probably lurking. The book deal (For the Right Reasons - how sanctimonious is that title, I mean really?) ... It just goes on and on. Plus, they are loud and opinionated about the show and other subsequent contestants on SM. Both seem to think their path was "the right" way, everyone else seems to fall short. At least that is my read on them. And this is why they open themselves up to further criticism.  They, more than any other couple from this show, have taken their relationship and turned it into a brand. Every other couple mostly lives their normal lives and retreats into some form of normalcy. There really isn't much to discuss about Ashley the dentist and JP the construction dude, Trista the SAHM with the firefighter hubby, Des and Chris who are super private, Jason and Molly who made a POINT to retreat after their season (with good reason). Every other success just handled post show differently. Also, no one is so loud and vocal and opinionated about subsequent leads like these two. Sure, some tweet and snark (not all; most actually rarely talk about the show), but when they do, they don't take themselves so seriously. Sean and Catherine do.

As always, just my opinion. Just my opinion.

Last edited by sosleepy on Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie