SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 61 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:11 am

Well, you know, SeanCat aren't my favorites, but I don't wish them ill will or anything. In their defense, I read somewhere that they are multimillionaires just from this show, DWTS, book deals, probably invenstment from their earnings. If true and if I banked like that, I don't think going back to work would be a huge priority for me either.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:23 am

Lots of "probably" in that statement.
It's not my business what anyone else has in the bank and I don't care.
What I do know is living is darn expensive and most have a hard time making ends meet--even those once considered millionaires. Where I live million dollar homes are not unusual. Private parochial school is 20K a year. College --I won't go there. It's hard to buy a car for less than 30K.
A million dollars back in 1980 is not a million dollars today and simply does not go a far.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:30 am

It's strange how much ambiguity there still is around what Sean does. Even hearing real estate development, what exactly is his role in it? He's such an open book in every other area. Heck we know what his wedding night was like, yet his day job is super top secret? laugh out loud

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:38 am

bleuberry wrote:It's strange how much ambiguity there still is around what Sean does. Even hearing real estate development, what exactly is his role in it? He's such an open book in every other area. Heck we know what his wedding night was like, yet his day job is super top secret? laugh out loud

Haha. Exactly. And this is why I personally think he's probably dabbling here and there, mostly floundering and still kind of trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life post- Bachelor. To be fair, he's not the only alum to fall in this pitfall after being on he show, he's probably just the most high profile, only difference. In the meantime, he and Catherine are living off his (likely) hefty bank account from all his paid appearances and book deal, etc. I'm guessing the kid will give him more focus to pick a solid path once and for all and (hopefully) put his professional reality tv star status to bed for good.

Last edited by sosleepy on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:38 am

There's really no ambiguity. He and his partner find homes and property for sale that they want to develop, they buy it, hire people to level it and build another property, then they sell it. When you invest in stuff, there's not much to see.

"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:51 am

bleuberry wrote:It's strange how much ambiguity there still is around what Sean does. Even hearing real estate development, what exactly is his role in it? He's such an open book in every other area. Heck we know what his wedding night was like, yet his day job is super top secret? laugh out loud
Didn't ya hear Sean is the one who cracked the Panama Papers situation? Thank goodness he was on the case! 

Yeah, his "investment" business is going so well, they need to air their sex life issues on Vh1. Okay. Got it.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:20 pm

lipsis wrote:There's really no ambiguity. He and his partner find homes and property for sale that they want to develop, they buy it, hire people to level it and build another property, then they sell it. When you invest in stuff, there's not much to see.

Yep, Lipsis, with real estate developing all you need is a home office. I think he is doing fine in the Dallas market. But it is not the kind of business that has a showy store front or needs much office space. It appears he is doing fine with his investments, but you make most of your money in a few years. You need initial money to invest and then buy and sell right, and be patient and with one sale you can make a few years wages. I hope it goes well for him and they make wise and profitable investments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:10 pm

Eviebloom wrote:
lipsis wrote:There's really no ambiguity. He and his partner find homes and property for sale that they want to develop, they buy it, hire people to level it and build another property, then they sell it. When you invest in stuff, there's not much to see.

Yep, Lipsis,  with real estate developing all you need is a home office.   I think he is doing fine in the Dallas market.  But it is not the kind of business that has a showy store front or needs much office space.  It appears he is doing fine with his investments, but you make most of your money in a few years.  You need initial money to invest and then buy and sell right, and be patient and with one sale you can make a few years wages.  I hope it goes well for him and they make wise and profitable investments.

The bolded stuck out to me. I'm not sure what wages/home prices are where he lives, but in city areas of California, that wouldn't be accurate, IMO. I'm guessing the average wages around here is at least 100-150k per year. To make 300-400k profit off one sale doesn't happen. Even in Texas, I can't image the profit margin being so great that you can make a few years' wages off one sale unless you are making near minimum wage. I've admitted, I'm not a Seancat fan. I'm a workaholic and really value work ethic. I've been at the same workplace for years. I realize that's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm just of the opinion that setting down roots with one place and working hard instead of moving around from venture to venture or job to job is more favorable/stable. I also realize that my opinion means nothing to them, it's their lives, but this is a discussion thread, so I am discussing. Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 61 2498057887 And, all IMO.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Mustang19 wrote:
Eviebloom wrote:

Yep, Lipsis,  with real estate developing all you need is a home office.   I think he is doing fine in the Dallas market.  But it is not the kind of business that has a showy store front or needs much office space.  It appears he is doing fine with his investments, but you make most of your money in a few years.  You need initial money to invest and then buy and sell right, and be patient and with one sale you can make a few years wages.  I hope it goes well for him and they make wise and profitable investments.

The bolded stuck out to me. I'm not sure what wages/home prices are where he lives, but in city areas of California, that wouldn't be accurate, IMO. I'm guessing the average wages around here is at least 100-150k per year. To make 300-400k profit off one sale doesn't happen.  Even in Texas, I can't image the profit margin being so great that you can make a few years' wages off one sale unless you are making near minimum wage. I've admitted, I'm not a Seancat fan. I'm a workaholic and really value work ethic. I've been at the same workplace for years. I realize that's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm just of the opinion that setting down roots with one place and working hard instead of moving around from venture to venture or job to job is more favorable/stable. I also realize that my opinion means nothing to them, it's their lives, but this is a discussion thread, so I am discussing. Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 61 2498057887 And, all IMO.

I do not know Sean and Catherine's financial position.  I read an article about the financial worth of some of the Bachelor/bachelorette stars.  Sean was in the top 7 I think... I would have to go back and find the article.  But it said that he was investing in some condo, townhouse developing.  If you get in the right time, and have good rentals, hold them a few years and sell them,  you could make a couple hundred thousand.  It said in that article that he has used some of his money to invest in these projects.  If he has a partner that  also knows the real estate business, he could do well, but those numbers will not come for a few years, and rolling higher and higher value properties.  I truly have no idea, but I think he is doing fine, and at age 30 he has a net worth a lot more than many his age.  Real estate investing is actually a lot of work when you start.... and can be a lot of worry, and guessing on the right properties.  I wish him wisdom and luck. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:38 pm

In that scenario (holding onto the property for years, not months) I can see that happen. I'm sure they are comfortable financially now, but like I'm always asking my kids (who are Sean and Cat's ages) what are you going to be doing when you are in your 50's? I'm less of a risk taker when it comes to jobs and livelihood. And if the market takes a dive like it recently has, who wants to spend years trying to recover? IMO.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:30 pm

^^^
Where Sean lives and his real estate development the housing cost starts at $500,000 to millions. The real estate in that area is not selling good at this time. More people are deciding to live in the suburbs. The hottest place to live now is Rockwall and Forney. The housing prices there can go for $150,000 to million.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Actually, the house owned by SeanCat & Jay Lowe is "pending sale" at the moment. His good buddy & "partner" Rogers is handling the sale. The profit on the sale won't be anywhere near several hundred thousand or several years' wages. No ambiguity and this isn't my opinion - it is all public record.

I don't agree that when you invest in and develop real estate, there isn't much to see and that you don't need an office. Sean's "partner" Rogers has been successful in real estate for over 10 years, has an actual company with dozens of associates and an easily verifiable / discoverable history of such. Nothing ambiguous about it.

Sean? Not so much. (This part is my opinion.)

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie