SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 62 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 62 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by justrosie Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:52 pm

FLChica wrote:Actually, the house owned by SeanCat & Jay Lowe is "pending sale" at the moment. His good buddy & "partner" Rogers is handling the sale. The profit on the sale won't be anywhere near several hundred thousand or several years' wages. No ambiguity and this isn't my opinion - it is all public record.

I don't agree that when you invest in and develop real estate, there isn't much to see and that you don't need an office. Sean's "partner" Rogers has been successful in real estate for over 10 years, has an actual company with dozens of associates and an easily verifiable / discoverable history of such. Nothing ambiguous about it.

Sean? Not so much. (This part is my opinion.)

Wait, Sean, Catherine & Jay Lowe bought a house together? Is his dad a business partner? I thought Jay worked at State Farm.

justrosie

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 62 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:56 pm

FLChica wrote:Actually, the house owned by SeanCat & Jay Lowe is "pending sale" at the moment. His good buddy & "partner" Rogers is handling the sale. The profit on the sale won't be anywhere near several hundred thousand or several years' wages. No ambiguity and this isn't my opinion - it is all public record.

I don't agree that when you invest in and develop real estate, there isn't much to see and that you don't need an office. Sean's "partner" Rogers has been successful in real estate for over 10 years, has an actual company with dozens of associates and an easily verifiable / discoverable history of such. Nothing ambiguous about it.

Sean? Not so much. (This part is my opinion.)

You may be totally right, I do not know Sean's situation, but I am only speaking from my experience. We run multiple rental properties, it is a side business and we do not have another office. Just saying that it is possible, but I have no idea how Sean organizes his time. He might just be a silent investing partner.

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:58 pm

I don't think anyone is expecting them to make several hundred thousand from the sale of their house. It wasn't an investment property, it was just their personal residence which now feels too small for their growing family. But if they sell it for the pending price they will make a nice profit for only living there for two years.

For reference, this is the current set of townhouses Sean and Rogers are building: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's a property they recently sold: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And then there's the big house in Highland Park that is still for sale.

These are just the ones I know of off the top of my head.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by justrosie Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:10 pm

umngirl wrote:I don't think anyone is expecting them to make several hundred thousand from the sale of their house. It wasn't an investment property, it was just their personal residence which now feels too small for their growing family. But if they sell it for the pending price they will make a nice profit for only living there for two years.

For reference, this is the current set of townhouses Sean and Rogers are building: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's a property they recently sold: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LOL!  They're registered at Macy's.  He just had to slip that in.

justrosie

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:13 pm

justrosie wrote:
umngirl wrote:I don't think anyone is expecting them to make several hundred thousand from the sale of their house. It wasn't an investment property, it was just their personal residence which now feels too small for their growing family. But if they sell it for the pending price they will make a nice profit for only living there for two years.

These are just the ones I know of off the top of my head.[/quot

It's a joke. They actually haven't released a baby registry publicly (to their family and friends I'm sure they know where they are registered) and haven't had a registry at Macy's since their wedding 2+ years ago.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:32 pm

To clarify, the "several hundred thousand dollar" figure came from me, in reference to the post above mine that said it's possible to make several years' salary from one good real estate sale. I thought he flipped houses, and thought it would be unlikely to make that kind of money on a flip, assuming a yearly salary of 100+k per year. If property is held as a rental for several years, then yes, it's possible to build that kind of equity after several years depending on the market.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:03 pm

justrosie wrote:

A few posts alluded to Sean making hundreds of thousands / several years wages' based on his real estate success, but these were opinions with no facts to confirm it. Not to be argumentative, but we don't know that Sean and Cat will actually make a profit on the sale of "their" house. Sean's father Jay is an owner as well and may be entitled to the proceeds. This home ownership/mortgage should help establish some decent credit for Sean after the horrific bankruptcy issues that affected him and all those that invested with him a few years ago.  yes

I'm aware of the properties you mention above that are part of LLC formed by Sean & Rogers in April 2015. The price on the Highland Park home has been reduced hundreds of thousands and still hasn't sold. Not a ringing endorsement of Sean's real estate acumen. To be honest though, Rogers doesn't need Sean's market savvy or his financial investment. Sean's value to this LLC is the SeanCat "brand" - likability, lots of SM followers and attracting those that desire the Lowe lifestyle to purchase a home from Rogers.  yes

The being registered at Macy's remark was only a joke [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Sean did recently beg ask on SM for car dealerships willing to give him a cheap price on a Denali. Hugesmile It's easy to confuse the begging with joking.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by justrosie Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:19 pm

FLChica wrote:
justrosie wrote:

A few posts alluded to Sean making hundreds of thousands / several years wages' based on his real estate success, but these were opinions with no facts to confirm it. Not to be argumentative, but we don't know that Sean and Cat will actually make a profit on the sale of "their" house. Sean's father Jay is an owner as well and may be entitled to the proceeds. This home ownership/mortgage should help establish some decent credit for Sean after the horrific bankruptcy issues that affected him and all those that invested with him a few years ago.  yes

I'm aware of the properties you mention above that are part of LLC formed by Sean & Rogers in April 2015. The price on the Highland Park home has been reduced hundreds of thousands and still hasn't sold. Not a ringing endorsement of Sean's real estate acumen. To be honest though, Rogers doesn't need Sean's market savvy or his financial investment. Sean's value to this LLC is the SeanCat "brand" - likability, lots of SM followers and attracting those that desire the Lowe lifestyle to purchase a home from Rogers.  yes

The being registered at Macy's remark was only a joke [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Sean did recently beg ask on SM for car dealerships willing to give him a cheap price on a Denali. Hugesmile It's easy to confuse the begging with joking.

Thank you for clearing that up.

justrosie

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:13 pm

FLChica wrote:
justrosie wrote:

Thanks for the info. Interesting to say the least. ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Why does Sean's dad partially own his home? That's odd-- unless Sean bought something out of his price range or has terrible credit and needed a co-signer. Keeping up with the Joneses?

I read through everything, and I still find Sean's job ambiguous at best. What has Catherine been doing the last 3 years? I know she's going to be a SAHM, and that's totally respectable. But it's not like she has the kid yet. Does she do anything?
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:26 pm

^Cat has her own stationary company and a has her first capsule collection of her fashion line available. Before that she had a limited release line through a different stationary company and has also been doing various graphic design work since she left Amazon.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:27 pm

She started two businesses in the last few months. A clothing line and a stationary line.

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie