SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 14 of 88 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 51 ... 88  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by IrishGal Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:30 pm

I agree about Jen and Emily but I disagree about the others.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:34 pm

Ashley's season was one of my all time favorites(TB included) for sooooo many reasons.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:57 pm

murasaki1393 wrote:Mods, feel free to move to more appropriate thread Smiley

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2014/04/07/five-worst-bachelorettes-and-what-made-them-so-terrible/

do you agree or disagree?  giggling 

I agree with the 1st two and also with Ashley to a point ~ where she let Ben get down on one knee to propose only to turn him down.  That just seemed cruel to me and even if it were TPTB telling her to do it she still should have declined.  I think there have been more than one with an alcohol problem so I thought singling her out was not right.  I'm not sure about what they said about Ali either (plus that was not a good picture of her at all ~ I didn't even recognize her).  Ali and Roberto stayed together for a long time for a couple coming out of this show.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:47 pm

Not getting engaged at the end certainly puts you in the worst category for this show. Getting down on one knee then being rejected plays over and over. Deanna fits this category too. Falling for the wrong guy, Ali/Frank Ashley/Bently makes everyone's head spin worse than Sybil.

I have my own catagory, it's the Oscar category. Ali falling on the carpet in complete agony over the fact she had to leave Jake and go back to work. Deanna having a fit because no one was paying attention to her. And sorry, Andi fans, her courtroom grilling after being told isss okayy to leave. I expected her to yell out " YOU don't know the MEANING of the truth issss okayy."!

The other common theme that isn't mentioned, is, they played according to the script which seems to repeat itself making you eligible for the worst category. Smiley

I enjoyed reading that article, and seeing a different perspective of this show, thanks for posting, murasaki!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:01 pm

murasaki1393 wrote:Mods, feel free to move to more appropriate thread Smiley

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2014/04/07/five-worst-bachelorettes-and-what-made-them-so-terrible/

do you agree or disagree?  giggling 

Eh, If I had to rank the Bachelorettes from "worst" to "best" it'd go:

Only ranking the Bachelorettes(ie. the leads) NOT the season or the contestants:

NON-LEAD MATERIALS:

9. Meredith
I have no clue why she was chosen as a lead. She seemed pretty genuine and was very sweet but she had the personality of an "anti-lead", which ultimately made for plenty of utterly boring/awkward scenes..

8. Desiree
Okay, okay, hear me out....  I like Desiree. I think she is a total sweetheart and I believe that she has many, many redeemable qualities, but for me she is very much in the same boat as Meredith. She isn't horrible engaging(actually not the least bit), has a horrible poker face, which was especially obvious because she checked out on the guys all the time(save a few) and lacked all the spunk that she showed during Sean's season. She is someone I liked(and still like), but she simply lacked that screen-presence that would have made her a genuinely enjoyable lead.  :hidingchair 

DECENT, YET ANNOYING/UNLIKEABLE LEADS:

7. Ali
Ali just had a fairly annoying, spastic personality. She was also arguably one of the most self-absorbed Bachelorettes. She seemed like a hypocrite to me(with the whole Jake-saga), who was only there for fame.... AND she was the sole reason I grew to hate the color yellow. Gosh. So. Much. Yellow.

6. Trista
Also an unpopular opinion. I just simply did not like Trista..... I did not like her on the Bachelor and I liked her even less on the Bachelorette. I am still not sure as to why, because hell, she was just sooooo frickin' nice all the time... Maybe the novelty rubbed me the wrong way. It was pretty obvious that she was the first female lead Rolling Eyes

MIDDLE OF THE ROAD:

5. Jen
Had some good moments, was fairly likable and engaging, but kinda "eh" at the same time. She also delivered the line that lead to one of the most cringe-worthiest moments of the entire franchise.

4. Ashley
Ah, Ashley. She is awesome, perky and likable and she seemed super genuine in her quest for love, but.... she just seemed so horribly insecure and completely overwhelmed at times. Great, great girl but didn't necessary make for one of the best Bachelorettes, IMO.

GOOD LEADS:

3. Emily
I liked Emily a lot as a lead. She was very engaging and cute. She also seemed genuine. I know, know.... she made some(a lot of) questionable decisions and she sure as hell isn't perfect, but she came over as someone who was at least trying to make the right decisions. She had a compelling story to tell and seemed like a good-hearted girl, with a good dose of self-awareness.

2. Jillian
She was so low-maintenance and entertaining. Had a good head on her shoulders, was well-spoken and was relatable. I really liked her during her season....... (Then, I gradually grow to dislike her.... Rolling Eyes)

1. DeAnna
She was fun, spunky, witty and articulate. Tad dramatic at times, but she was still one of my favorite contestants and leads.

Last edited by chloep on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:32 pm; edited 5 times in total

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:09 pm

my pleasure, GA!  bestbud! 

thanks all!!..i enjoyed reading different perspective of the show as well!..all interesting comments, including straight forward hilarious comments from you chloep!  giggling clapping! 

i will weigh in later i guess....today i just get in the only mood for stalking Josh and Brian! laugh out loud

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:42 pm

I didn't watch Jen's or Emily's, so I can't say much there.   What I do think is that The Bachelorette Leads were better than The Bachelor Leads HANDS DOWN!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:08 pm

^^ They seem to be way more open to the prospect of them genuinely finding love on the show and tend to take the process more seriously.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:23 pm

Funny how everyone sees things differently.

My order would be best to worst.

1. Ashley, while I hated Bentley, she and JP are my favorite couple ever.

2. Meredith, I loved her snark and she and Ian were so hot.

3. Jillian, I loved her spirit and Reid, hated Ed, but she was awesome.

4. Des, loved her men, she was a little boring, but her final 4 were the best.

5. Trista, because Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, yup no other reason needed.

6. Ali, because Chris and Roberto, no other reason needed.

7. DeAnna, it was really hard to watch her fawn on Graham and him run for cover.

8. Emily, sorry never liked her and loved her season, but all her claims to have hated it afterwards and being in the fetal position, etc have ruined it for me.

9. Jen, she was mean and nasty to most of the men. And I still believed she said yes to Jerry, then changed her mind and then they reshot for her.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:44 pm

For the record, I was only ranking the LEADS-> NOT their seasons. That would obviously look differently...  yes 

chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by carnegiesmith2014 Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Why does reality steve think we can go two weeks without some spoilers. I'm having withdrawls.
carnegiesmith2014
carnegiesmith2014

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:21 pm

chloep wrote:For the record, I was only ranking the LEADS-> NOT their seasons. That would obviously look differently...  yes 

Yeah - there is a huge difference in the listing depending on rating the B'ette and the overall season/results of the season. I didn't watch Jen S season because I did not like her.

But for me the list would be from worst to best with reasons given why I didn't like them.

Jen S - Did not bother to watch her season at all

Trista - Her voice drove me batty

Meredith - Not enough personality. The gap in her teeth was very distracting.

Ashely - too insecure and a cranky which was a huge turn off. Stopped watching around HTDs !

Desiree - She came off as flat though I loved her on Sean's season

Emily - Self absorbed and thought she should have got the JaunP route instead of the sham she participated in

DeAnna - Diva and her whole mantra of "must get a ring" was awful. Same as Emily.

Ali - Liked her except when she went bat crazy on Rego

Jillian - All time favorite. They broke the mold in casting her IMO.

Did I forget anyone ? Possible.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 88 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 51 ... 88  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+85
foodie
4health
2observe
black_tears
nannymargie