SELECT CONTENT

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10

Page 54 of 60 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10 - Page 54 Empty Re: Finale/After the Final Rose March 10

Post by ImeldaMarcos Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:17 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
JesseJames24 wrote:
Sable wrote:
Chacharo wrote:
George1218 wrote:
Chacharo wrote:
Sable wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I guess I feel for Nikki the most. I don't think she's one to be a man's doormat, so I wonder how her feelings haven't changed over the last few months? I imagine she's still in the bubble a little.

I wonder what her family thinks.

Bolding by me....

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the show last night.  I absolutely do not think her family can be happy at this point.  I find it interesting that neither her family or Juan Pablo's family was in the audience last night.  Aren't the families of the final couple usually at the taping of the ATFR show?  I find it very telling that they weren't there.  I mean seriously, would Juan Pablo want a man to treat his daughter the way he treated Nikki at the ATFR show last night?  I think all Juan Pablo wanted to do last night was to stick it to TPTB last night, and he didn't care about anything else.  Nikki's feelings for starters.

Docnash posted some tweets from her family in another thread.  My take was they think that TPTB threw JPa under the proverbial bus.

Can anyone tell me where I can read these?

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2253p476-no-spoilers-the-bachelor-18-social-media-twitter-etc-thread#579319

Those tweets all appear to be from Juan Pablo's family, not Nikki's.  Did Nikki's family tweet out any positive tweets last night?

Her brother said this:
Eric Ferrell ‏@eric__ferrell  1h
I will stand behind @Nikki_Ferrell and @JuanPaGalavis better yet I would rather stand in front of them and take all the comments you have.

I can't see her moms tweets because her twitter account is private

Good for them.  Everyone keeps saying that JPG hasn't told Nikki he loved her.  He did it at the FRC.  Te quiero is I love you in Spanish.  It is the less formal, but it is I love you.  I grew up with Cuban, lived in Texas for a long time and for confirmation asked my new co-worker who just moved here from Puerto Rico if she says quiero or amo.  She said she and her family use quiero.  JPG also told Camila quiero.  I think that is how he say love.

I also think he has probably told her.  I believe RS when he said they offered him money to propose at the AFTR and I can see both Nikki and JPG being so disgusted by that, that together they decided to not admit he had said ILY and to basically give them nothing.  Nikki has already said it turning filming so she couldn't take it back, but my impression is that neither one of them want to give TPTB or CH anything last night.

This JPG was very angry and bitter when compared to the man on the WTA, it could be just losing DWTS, but it seemed like more than that to me.  

TPTB probably doesn't know how to act when a couple refuses money to do what they want.  It is obvious that Cat and Sean never have.

My Grandfather was Cuban - te quiero means "I want you" - que tu quiere - "what do you want" normal response - tu te quiere - it is hot and passionate. Perhaps it is now become slang for I love you - but te amo is love you.

I do think that was his way of saying something meaningful to her.

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10 - Page 54 Empty Re: Finale/After the Final Rose March 10

Post by stuckinsc Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:33 pm

ImeldaMarcos wrote:
My Grandfather was Cuban - te quiero means "I want you" - que tu quiere - "what do you want" normal response - tu te quiere - it is hot and passionate. Perhaps it is now become slang for I love you - but te amo is  love you.

Thank you Imelda, it is fascinating to me and I enjoy getting the perspective of others. I dated a Cuban man for a year and half. He always told his daughter and mother te quiero. He rarely said he loved me, but the few times he did it was in English. My Cuban bff also said te quiero to her family so to me it was never a want thing, but possibly more of a diminutive type thing. I have noticed that the Spanish language has a lot of different colloquialisms based on region and country. I first learned it in high school when my Puerto Rican teacher refused to acknowledge certain Cuban slang phrases that I didn't even realize were slang, just what I had been taught by my Cuban teacher and friend. In Texas the Mexicans actually would not speak Spanish with me because they hated my accent and slang and would make fun of me. My Colombian sister in law has such a strong and thick accent (after twenty-five years living in the US and having two American children who are now 21 and 18) and The Cuban man's mom would speak Spanish to me, she and I got along really well. Now my Puerto Rican co-worker is going to help me get back my use of Spanish and I am very excited.

At UT as a chemistry major, I was forced to take French and I now confuse and mangle the two languages and want to stop that.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:35 pm

nd, Jillian, in her blog, was very supportive of JPG and Nikki and in fact came down fairly had on CH. I think several posters thought that she was bullying too but the fact was that she wasn't. Unless there was another venue in which she was?

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by happyvalleygirl Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:47 pm

ImeldaMarcos wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
JesseJames24 wrote:
Sable wrote:
Chacharo wrote:
George1218 wrote:
Chacharo wrote:
Sable wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I guess I feel for Nikki the most. I don't think she's one to be a man's doormat, so I wonder how her feelings haven't changed over the last few months? I imagine she's still in the bubble a little.

I wonder what her family thinks.

Bolding by me....

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the show last night.  I absolutely do not think her family can be happy at this point.  I find it interesting that neither her family or Juan Pablo's family was in the audience last night.  Aren't the families of the final couple usually at the taping of the ATFR show?  I find it very telling that they weren't there.  I mean seriously, would Juan Pablo want a man to treat his daughter the way he treated Nikki at the ATFR show last night?  I think all Juan Pablo wanted to do last night was to stick it to TPTB last night, and he didn't care about anything else.  Nikki's feelings for starters.

Docnash posted some tweets from her family in another thread.  My take was they think that TPTB threw JPa under the proverbial bus.

Can anyone tell me where I can read these?

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2253p476-no-spoilers-the-bachelor-18-social-media-twitter-etc-thread#579319

Those tweets all appear to be from Juan Pablo's family, not Nikki's.  Did Nikki's family tweet out any positive tweets last night?

Her brother said this:
Eric Ferrell ‏@eric__ferrell  1h
I will stand behind @Nikki_Ferrell and @JuanPaGalavis better yet I would rather stand in front of them and take all the comments you have.

I can't see her moms tweets because her twitter account is private

Good for them.  Everyone keeps saying that JPG hasn't told Nikki he loved her.  He did it at the FRC.  Te quiero is I love you in Spanish.  It is the less formal, but it is I love you.  I grew up with Cuban, lived in Texas for a long time and for confirmation asked my new co-worker who just moved here from Puerto Rico if she says quiero or amo.  She said she and her family use quiero.  JPG also told Camila quiero.  I think that is how he say love.

I also think he has probably told her.  I believe RS when he said they offered him money to propose at the AFTR and I can see both Nikki and JPG being so disgusted by that, that together they decided to not admit he had said ILY and to basically give them nothing.  Nikki has already said it turning filming so she couldn't take it back, but my impression is that neither one of them want to give TPTB or CH anything last night.

This JPG was very angry and bitter when compared to the man on the WTA, it could be just losing DWTS, but it seemed like more than that to me.  

TPTB probably doesn't know how to act when a couple refuses money to do what they want.  It is obvious that Cat and Sean never have.

My Grandfather was Cuban - te quiero means "I want you" - que tu quiere - "what do you want" normal response - tu te quiere - it is hot and passionate. Perhaps it is now become slang for I love you - but te amo is  love you.

English is my first language so I googled it....and the meanings seem very subjective...but here are a few
one person said...
te quiero, is simply an “i care for you” and te amo, is “i love you”. But for me, for some odd reason, te amo seems more realistic and a strong phrase in spanish than it does in english. It seems to have a deeper meaning in spanish than in english. Maybe it’s because people just throw it around whenever they feel like it in english, but once it’s said in spanish, you know it’s something real.

another said...In Spain, “te quiero” is what you say to your lover. “te amo” is seen as a cheesy Valentine’s Day card phrase and nobody uses it.

another said..It really depends on the culture, and the person. However, for me, te amo is on a higher level than te quiero. For example, te quiero can be said to many people, while te amo is reserved for a set number of people. Te quiero can encompass family members, friends, boyfriends, etc. Actually, I just got off the phone with my gma and she said to me “te amo” which I reciprocated. I have a very strong relationship with my grandmother, so it goes to show that te amo isn’t reserved for lovers. to me though, te quiero seems more intimate and te amo is…the kind of phrase you’ll hear in the after-school novelas. on a regular basis, i use te quiero more than te amo.

and another said...It’s so pointless looking for the answer. Everywhere you look, someone will tell you one thing, and then another’s answer will totally contradict it. translate.google.com (which seems to be the best online translator by far — seeing as they’re all crap!) translates “te amo” and “te quiero” to “I love you”.

Love and languages are interesting things.  
Best of luck to JP and Nikki
happyvalleygirl
happyvalleygirl

Female Posts : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Alanna wrote:
Columbia, MD wrote:JMHO but SeanCat will not step back until the money stops flowing.
Yes, I agree, as long as tptb treat them like Bachelor World chosen people, they're going to be filming lingerie shopping trips come hell or high water. They're famehos, it's not that complicated to decipher. Are they adorable? Definitely. In love? Definitely. Famehos? Also definitely. It's their choice, they just need to own it.

It'll be hilarious of JPG and Nikki will make it and get married and JPabs will then have to shell out for his own ring, or better yet, go kiss tptb butt and apologize for the free Neil Lane ring LOL. Btw, these two need a couple name already, Junik? Nikpa? NPabs? Possibilities are endless!!

They will never bite the hand that feeds them. 

If Juan Pablo decides to "put a ring on it", I wonder if his father will design it as he did with Nikki's earrings? Neil Lane spoke out on JP's sincerity when choosing the ring so he may be receptive to working out a deal. Either way, I don't see any butt kissing for TPTB freebies in Juan Pablo's future. giggling 

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:00 pm

LibbyBell wrote:nd, Jillian, in her blog, was very supportive of JPG and Nikki and in fact came down fairly had on CH. I think several posters thought that she was bullying too but the fact was that she wasn't. Unless there was another venue in which she was?

I agree with your thoughts about Jillian's blog. However, immediately following the show her tweets sang a different tune.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:03 pm

nd4reality wrote:
tigertiz wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
docnash14 wrote:
Umngirl, as you know, I am a big supporter of Sean and Catherine - in fact, Catherine was my favorite from the very beginning when the pictures of the women were first released.  I continue to be impressed with Sean's faith and by the role model he provides for youth.  However, I must say I was perplexed, if not disappointed, by their words and behavior the other night.  What concerned me the most was their apparent blind loyalty to CH (who in actuality was not all that nice about Catherine during the airing of their season, in my opinion).  Two of Sean's tweets:
•   Sean Lowe ‏@SeanLowe09 Mar 10
There's only one rule on The Bachelor... Don't offend @chrisbharrison

Sean Lowe ‏@SeanLowe09 17h
Lastly, disrespecting the nicest guy in show business @chrisbharrison should be a crime. That's my take. Wish them nothing but happiness.

There is no doubt that JP was quite brash with CH.  In my opinion, much of that brashness was in response to CH hammering - and what has been described as bullying  - of JP.   CH's comment about needing to take a shower was totally uncalled for.  I found CH to be extremely disrespectful and have lost of a lot of respect for him because of it.  

As far as JP being ungrateful, he said more than once he was grateful for and appreciated the experience.  As I have said elsewhere, I can't blame a mistreated employee for appearing disgruntled, although, as I have said elsewhere also, there is no doubt that JP has culpability about his delivery.

Further, while Sean may not have overtly said that he didn't have a problem with JP not saying I love you but he certainly compared JP to himself when he was talking about that when he realized he (Sean) was in love, he wanted to shout it to the rooftops.  That implies judgment to me (without much consideration for cultural diversity - as JP's sister tweeted the Latino culture treat the word love very differently than we do) as does, albeit in a seemingly humorous way:
•  Ahh love is in the air! Or at last like. #TheBachelor

Spot on. Agree completely. The twitter mocking turned me off too. It felt preachy, sanctimonious and self-righteous.
Thanks so much for your insight and comments, docnash.  I didnt even know about the twitter mocking. wow.

Good post Docnash.

And Jillian Harris did point out that the social media bullying is shocking. But that Bachelor royalty is participating in it is sad as well.

Newsflash to Sean - Chris Harrison is not God. Oh wait, Sean is too much up their collective &%$^ to see that.

If he (CH) can dole it out he should be able to take it.

It reminds me of when he was hounding that girl on Jakes season and she turned the tables on him and his indiscretions.  He did not like that one bit !
Those possibly came back to bit him in the ass.

What I found interesting, prior to the airing of the FRC and the AFTR, was CH was all over the place talking to the media.  He was even on ABC's the Chew.   In one of the interviews that I saw, the person interviewing him said that she could tell that CH was frustrated and angry with JuanP for how he was being so uncooperative and combative with him during their one on one conversations during the show, and it even carried over into the AFTR.

CH said that he was not really angry with JuanP, but that he was actually trying to "help" him.  How was drumming up the FRC and AFTR as JuanP possibly being the worst Bachelor that they have ever had on the TB "helping" JuanP?  Production with the help of CH set that whole scenario into motion in an attempt to get viewers to tune in.  And in the process they cut out much of the more positive parts between Nikki and JuanPa in order to make their point that JuanP was indeed the worst Bachelor in franchise history.  As mentioned above, they chose to NOT show the deleted scene where JuanP played that song for Nikki, but they DID show the one with Clare.

Since I am not a super fan of any individual or any couple from this franchise, I guess that I can just view things by being less emotionally attached and seeing it more as a made for tv production.  But, I do have an observation.  Ashley and JP did seem to be able to have a life out of the public eye, yet they are still considered as one of the "successes" for the franchise.  Ashley chose to finish her education, but she could have taken the money, by doing DWTS afterwards and by cashing in on the many paid public appearances that Sean and Catherine chose to take, but that was not her priority.

I just didn't feel like it was right for both Sean and Catherine to criticize and ridicule JuanP for him choosing to NOT propose or to NOT confess his dying love for Nikki - if that did not truly come from his heart.  Could he have handled the grilling by CH at the AFTR better?  Sure, but I don't know everything that went on behind the scenes with JuanP, so it is harder for me to judge him.  As for Nikki, I can only assume that she has been getting support and reassurances from his family too - as to his true feelings for her, and that is why she took the stance to stand with JuanP, like she did on the AFTR.  Will they make it as a couple now?  Who knows?

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ImeldaMarcos Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:13 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
ImeldaMarcos wrote:

Thank you Imelda, it is fascinating to me and I enjoy getting the perspective of others.  I dated a Cuban man for a year and half.  He always told his daughter and mother te quiero.  He rarely said he loved me, but the few times he did it was in English.  My Cuban bff also said te quiero to her family so to me it was never a want thing, but possibly more of a diminutive type thing.  I have noticed that the Spanish language has a lot of different colloquialisms based on region and country.  I first learned it in high school when my Puerto Rican teacher refused to acknowledge certain Cuban slang phrases that I didn't even realize were slang, just what I had been taught by my Cuban teacher and friend.  In Texas the Mexicans actually would not speak Spanish with me because they hated my accent and slang and would make fun of me.  My Colombian sister in law has such a strong and thick accent (after twenty-five years living in the US and having two American children who are now 21 and 18) and The Cuban man's mom would speak Spanish to me, she and I got along really well. Now my Puerto Rican co-worker is going to help me get back my use of Spanish and I am very excited.

At UT as a chemistry major, I was forced to take French and I now confuse and mangle the two languages and want to stop that.

You are correct about the colloquialisms and different slang. I also think proper "speak" has changed over the years. Things my Grandfather would think were not spoken properly are now different. I would love to hear a man tell me te quiere or tu te quiere and te adoro as JuanPa did in his video to Nikki. Spanish is a language of passion and love to me, my childhood is all mixed with the sounds and smells and flavors. Ah...

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:19 pm

FWIW, I don't think less of SeanCat for coming back if they're wanted there, and the money pays well - as long as they don't get sucked in and blindly follow.

It just so happens they didn't have careers they loved prior (Ashley, JP, Chris), so hey, take it while it pays. They have the rest of their lives to be 'normal' when this ends for them.

My only issue was with their words on finale night.

And while I'm on my soapbox  giggling I can't help but eyeroll to the max anytime someone says people are criticizing them because they are "the chosen couple, children of God, people of morality" and blah blah blah. This is the Bachelor people, let us not forget.  duh 

Last edited by bleuberry on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10 - Page 54 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:20 pm

docnash14 wrote:
LibbyBell wrote:nd, Jillian, in her blog, was very supportive of JPG and Nikki and in fact came down fairly had on CH. I think several posters thought that she was bullying too but the fact was that she wasn't. Unless there was another venue in which she was?

I agree with your thoughts about Jillian's blog.  However, immediately following the show her tweets sang a different tune.

no no  that's disappointing, thanks for letting me know doc

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:39 pm

My personal take(and it's not worth much to anyone but me):
CH is an a$$whole and always has been as far as being a front man for the franchise. And yes, I intentionally spelled "hole" whole as its description is more fitting.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:43 pm

Kashathediva wrote:My personal take(and it's not worth much to anyone but me):
CH is an a$$whole and always has been as far as being a front man for the franchise.   And yes, I intentionally spelled "hole" whole as its description is more fitting.

Wholly agree!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 60 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10

+105
happyvalleygirl
LibbyBell
Mustang19
deeliciouz
Bashful