SELECT CONTENT

*NO SPOILERS* The Bachelor 18 Social Media - Twitter etc. Thread

Page 42 of 56 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 49 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*NO SPOILERS* The Bachelor 18 Social Media - Twitter etc. Thread - Page 42 Empty Re: *NO SPOILERS* The Bachelor 18 Social Media - Twitter etc. Thread

Post by pbmax Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:15 pm

nd4reality wrote:
nonnie wrote:
Isabel123 wrote:Reading the comments on social media made me realize that there are lots of people who are invested in this show and totally believe in the fairy tale of witnessing a proposal at the finale. So much hate and vitriol against JP for keeping it realistic and nasty comments about Nikki for sticking by his side.

Watching the show is my guilty pleasure, i have my favs and dislikes some personality but not to a point that i would go trolling the soc med sites to leave nasty comments.

Keyboard warriors.

Yup.

So apparently JP has heaped the insults and hate on himself - not that I subscribe to that line of thinking but plenty do.

What did Brad and Jason do ? They were on the "most hated" list as well. For what ? Being real and following their hearts ?

Yep! Cause they didn't give the people what they wanted, how selfish are they. How dare they do what makes them happy.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

*NO SPOILERS* The Bachelor 18 Social Media - Twitter etc. Thread - Page 42 Empty Re: *NO SPOILERS* The Bachelor 18 Social Media - Twitter etc. Thread

Post by kdubs_ca Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:22 pm

pbmax wrote:
julychild wrote:
pbmax wrote:
2observe wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
julychild wrote:Maybe I was raised differently or I just don't get it, but I simply can't understand how being rude and crass equates to being honest. I mean, it is VERY possible to speak your honesty with kindness.

Couldn't agree more.  There are a lot of ways to be honest without being cruel.
Being truthful can also be hurtful since the word TRUTH also contains the word HURT.

Right 2observe. The bible even says it cut like a two-edge sword. It goes to the marrow.

Believe me, I understand that the truth hurts. I know ALL about JP's brand of honesty. Oh, how I do!!!!! It was The Truth that led me to the realization that kindness should be the language while truth remains the guide, always.

Don't you know that Jesus offended with the truth, the Pharisees got angry with him because of his truth. The only time truth is nice is when it is a good truth or you just straight out lie. There's a word that we use in church, sugar-coat, that's when tell part of the truth...so I guess what JP should fo is sugar-coat it.

I'm pretty sure Jesus wasn't encouraging people to respond to, "Just tell me you love me", with, "I don't know you, but I like f****** you."  Even if it is the truth.  Yup.  I think JP is truthful.  I also think he's an arrogant, brash, abrasive jackass.  Somehow, I don't think the former completely excuses the latter.  And I think even his family copped to the "truth" about his personality!

Here's a thought... What if JP actually got a good edit?  What I saw on the ATFR, made me feel that TPTB actually had made the guy look as good as possible.  Only so much to work with...

Last edited by kdubs_ca on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

kdubs_ca

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:23 pm

chloep wrote:^^ Sadly this is something that EVERY LEAD and the F1 HAS TO FACE......And you can't deny that JP added a lot of fuel to the fire.

I would have like to hear him propose, say he loves her and their future plans but it's not about what I want. I respect their decision. There was no reason for CH to keep going on and on with the same question causing him to keep repesting himself.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:26 pm

kdubs_ca wrote:
pbmax wrote:
julychild wrote:
pbmax wrote:
2observe wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
julychild wrote:Maybe I was raised differently or I just don't get it, but I simply can't understand how being rude and crass equates to being honest. I mean, it is VERY possible to speak your honesty with kindness.

Being truthful can also be hurtful since the word TRUTH also contains the word HURT.

Right 2observe. The bible even says it cut like a two-edge sword. It goes to the marrow.

Believe me, I understand that the truth hurts. I know ALL about JP's brand of honesty. Oh, how I do!!!!! It was The Truth that led me to the realization that kindness should be the language while truth remains the guide, always.

Don't you know that Jesus offended with the truth, the Pharisees got angry with him because of his truth. The only time truth is nice is when it is a good truth or you just straight out lie. There's a word that we use in church, sugar-coat, that's when tell part of the truth...so I guess what JP should fo is sugar-coat it.

I'm pretty sure Jesus wasn't encouraging people to respond to, "Just tell me you love me", with, "I don't know you, but I like f****** you."  Even if it is the truth.  Yup.  I think JP is truthful.  I also think he's an arrogant, brash, abrasive jackass.  Somehow, I don't think the former completely excuses the latter.  And I think even his family copped to the "truth" about his personality!

Here's a thought... What if JP actually got a good edit?  What I saw on the ATFR, made me feel that TPTB actually had made the guy look as good as possible.  Only so much to work with...

clapping!

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:43 pm

kdubs_ca wrote:
pbmax wrote:
julychild wrote:
pbmax wrote:
2observe wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:

Well not everyone tend to believe everything that is thrown at them from this show. They tend to think about what make sense.like As for his family, like I said before we all have a negative side to our personality, one reason we are not perfect. JMO.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:54 pm

pbmax wrote:
chloep wrote:^^ Sadly this is something that EVERY LEAD and the F1 HAS TO FACE......And you can't deny that JP added a lot of fuel to the fire.

I would have like to hear him propose, say he loves her and their future plans but it's not about what I want. I respect their decision. There was no reason for CH to keep going on and on with the same question causing him to keep repesting himself.

You know in a way I agree with you, but JP GOT PAYED for this, they have a contract, which he signed on his free will. And while the contract doesn't force him to propose or say "I love you" HE IS asked to talk about his feelings, his conflicts ,their plans and their relationship. ESPECIALLY, because he has been such a controversial lead.
If I look at this from TPTB's point of view they could sue him for breaching his contract. I just don't why JP thought that it is smart to publicly butt heads with a network..

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:58 pm

^^why would they want to sue him when they just got the highest rating in 3 years.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by chi-girl Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm

iamreal2u wrote:^^why would they want to sue him when they just got the highest rating in 3 years.  

From zap2it:

On ABC,  The Bachelor finale hit a season high with a 3.2, up from last week's 2.3 adults 18-49, but down from last year's finale, which earned a 3.5 adults 18-49 rating.  The Bachelor: After the Final Rose special earned a 3.8 adults 18-49 rating, even with last year's special.

It was later adjusted up to a 3.3.  But still lower than Sean's finale that got a 3.5.

Not that I think TBTB will sue him. Just wanted to share the rating numbers.

chi-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:36 pm

iamreal2u wrote:^^why would they want to sue him when they just got the highest rating in 3 years.  

1) that's not correct; JP started out very strong but Sean's 2nd half of the season was much stronger (finale just somewhat stronger)

Sean:

2.3 - 6.97
2.5 - 7.49
2.5 - 7.57
2.5 - 7.90
2.4 - 7.90
2.7 - 7.87
2.7 - 8.48
3.0 - 9.26
2.9 - 9.23
2.8 - 8.53
3.5 - 10.42
3.8 - 11.02

JP:

2.7 - 8.65
2.3 - 7.96
2.3 - 7.94
2.5 - 8.61
2.6 - 8.33
2.3 - 7.87
2.2 - 7.68
2.5 - 8.17
2.4 - 8.12
2.3 - 8.15
3.3 - 10.10
3.8 - 10.96

2) because he was paid money to do his things that he ultimately refused(see above)... he effectively breached certain points of his contract.. (again, I hope it doesn't come to it, but sooner or later and if JP doesn't calm down, they are going to (maybe even rightfully) threaten him with it)

Last edited by chloep on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:38 pm

They Will do no such thing .. It is over and done .. Just like it was with Brad .. Who also refused tptb of multi things
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:40 pm

I hope...

I'd say the fact that they are doing the People cover is a good sign that things may soon calm down.

chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:41 pm

chloep wrote:
pbmax wrote:

You know in a way I agree with you, but JP GOT PAYED for this, they have a contract, which he signed on his free will. And while the contract doesn't force him to propose or say "I love you" HE IS asked to talk about his feelings, his conflicts ,their plans and their relationship. ESPECIALLY, because he has been such a controversial lead.
If I look at this from TPTB's point of view they could sue him for breaching his contract. I just don't why JP thought that it is smart to publicly butt heads with a network..

I so agree w/you. Juan Pablo agreed to be on this show and he can't pick and choose only to do the things he wants to do. That does not mean that Juan Pablo had to propose to Nikki and tell her he loved her at the FRC or that he had to tell Chris Harrison, the studio audience or the general viewing audience that he loved Nikki on the ATFR show, but part of being the bachelor is talking about your relationship and what the future holds for you two on the ATFR show. The viewing audience invested 2 months in watching his story unfold w/Nikki, the least Juan Pablo could have done was let them know how their relationship was going and what the immediate future holds for them. Instead, all Juan Pablo cared about was sticking it to TPTB and getting his revenge. I am just very surprised by his comments (paraphrasing) that they were done with the show and that they are going to be living in privacy now. If they are so done with the show and the experience of The Bachelor, then why are they doing the People Magazine shoot today? What are they possibly going to talk about in the article if they just want their privacy now? I think part of Sean and Catherine's disapproval of him at the ATFR show wasn't that he didn't propose or that he didn't or couldn't or wouldn't say that he loved Nikki, but it was his behavior and attitude and outright hostility during the the whole ATFR show.
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 56 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 49 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*NO SPOILERS* The Bachelor 18 Social Media - Twitter etc. Thread

+68
just2relax
Alanna
IrishGal
nuts2uiam
eliza3