SELECT CONTENT

Chris and Desiree - Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - Thread #1

Page 42 of 48 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris and Desiree - Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 42 Empty Re: Chris and Desiree - Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - Thread #1

Post by SLA44 Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:29 am

Mura I do not remember seeing her wearing that beautiful purple gown she was photographed in during any of the episodes. Did I miss something?

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Chris and Desiree - Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 42 Empty Re: Chris and Desiree - Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:13 am

AEF wrote:My favourite part of the proposal from Chris was after Des finished speaking, they hug and he wipes tears off his cheeks and hers and he looks into her eyes and says "hmm" and shakes his head. Such a little thing but it said it all to me.
That is my favorite too. I keep watching that part. So sexy and cute!

Back to top Go down

Post by serenity7l9 Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:23 am

If you rewatch their first one on one date...i like how Chris celebrated! Yes!! with a cute face and gesture...I also notice that when he listens intently he looks at you in the eye and his eyebrows would raise and he makes this gesture with his mouth like it would be open or he moves it around...hahaha I don't know, but his mannerisms is so cute! Des is super lucky!!

We should play a game of...finish this sentence I like it when Chris.....hahaha or describe him in adjectives (not verbs!) lol, but then there's too many adjectives to describe that's for sure :)
serenity7l9
serenity7l9

Back to top Go down

Post by jupi Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:33 am

veg_out wrote:My absolute favorite part of the proposal is the kindness and love emanating from his eyes right after she says, "That the one thing I always needed was right in front of me." ❤ 

The way that she relaxed into him during their hug as if she had finally found a home was just tender and beautiful.

It really is my most favorite proposal in all the seasons that I've watched. I loved JASH, but this one took top seed if only for the sweet surprise, raw emotional honesty, and tenderness.

They're making me really sappy! beatingheart beatingheart 
brittany44000 wrote:I loved how when she told him she sent drew home he tried to play it cool but ended up smiling so big!! Also, when she laid on his chest she said "I just want to stay right here"!
By far will remain my fav proposal of this show!
AEF wrote:My favourite part of the proposal from Chris was after Des finished speaking, they hug and he wipes tears off his cheeks and hers and he looks into her eyes and says "hmm" and shakes his head. Such a little thing but it said it all to me.
I haven't posted here since the finale, but I just wanted to say that I absolutely agree with the above! :Nod: I love that Chris and Des were maintaining eye contact throughout the proposal - I remember last year's where Jef kept looking down and it felt like he was reading from a script (and maybe he was laugh out loud :giggle:). Some other things I loved too: the fact that Des went for the kiss first without looking at the ring after Chris asked her to marry him, and Chris' little laugh when Des told him that she'd grow old, grey and wrinkly with him. PINKHEART 

grace8136 wrote: what did she say right before he said, "I agree" ?
I thought she might have said something about it being the "best day", but I'm not sure - it's too hard to make out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"You're my person."  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

jupi

Female Posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:04 am

SLA44 wrote:Mura I do not remember seeing her wearing that beautiful purple gown she was photographed in during any of the episodes.  Did I miss something?
yes SLA, she looked stunning in the purple gown. I guess it was merely for the promo purpose, though...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:59 am

As i promised, this is the complete compilation of Des`s People Blog that i just get to finish by now. (and yes, the title is intentionally cheesy :cheeseyy  LOL )

The Cinderella- Prince Siegfried `s Fairy Tale Journey : A Blog Story

Episode 1 :
I love a man who can make me laugh, so another entrance that was witty and fun was Chris getting down on one knee to then only wipe sweat from his brow and tie his shoe. Way to scare me and trick me all at the same time!

Episode 3 :
Chris Gets a Rose   (actually, she put this  special title for our Ziggy.just sayin)
That night I had really great conversations with everyone, but the highlight was my time with Chris. I didn't expect our conversation to come so easily. I felt like I'd known him for years. He was so witty and confident, and I knew I wanted to spend more time with him. Giving Chris the rose meant a lot to me and the slow dance in the park was the romance I had hoped for.

Episode 4
:
Another surprise came from Chris, who shared a poem that he wrote. I write poetry as well. Knowing we have that common interest was more than I could have imagined. He showed another side, and that left me intrigued.

Episode 5 :
I couldn't wait to spend a full day with Chris. It was important for me to see if we could have fun being tourists and just be spontaneous. I also wanted to see how he looked in a pair of lederhosen! Chris was so playful that I knew we could have fun together on a daily basis. And he was the perfect man to be there after my surprise visitor. Even though I know I'm dating multiple guys, it was awkward to be in the middle of a fun and random moment with Chris and have Bryden show up. My worlds were colliding.

Bryden was not one to open up easily, but I was shocked he wanted to leave. He seemed so reassured in Atlantic City. Bryden should have told me how he was feeling back in the States, before coming all the way to Germany and interrupting my date with Chris. I didn't know if I should be angry, sad, worried, or what ... but it definitely raised questions about the remaining men. Are they committed to see if this could work or will they also leave unexpectedly? I was caught off guard and I'm not sure I said everything I had to say to Bryden. I'm definitely anxious to see him at the Men Tell All taping.

Chris made it easy to forget about the distraction. He is so supportive and comforting. He handled the situation gracefully and like a true gentleman. Dinner that night was straight out of a storybook. The palace, the dinner, the conversation, and the romance were beyond my wildest dreams. I truly felt like a princess. Chris made me feel special while dancing in his arms, as if we were the only two people in that ballroom. I almost forgot about the date crasher.

Episode 6 :

I shared a poem I wrote with Chris. He has been so generous with his thoughts and poems. Everything is so natural and easy with him. It truly felt like we were high school sweethearts sitting on my bed that night.

Episode 7 :
Saying I Love You
I was excited to see Chris, and I thought that spending a day relaxing out at sea would turn up the romance. It was nice to share that time on a deserted island with Chris and write a poem together. That's something I've never done before with a boyfriend, so it definitely set our connection apart from others.
Dinner with Chris that night in town was beyond romantic. It was nice to learn more about his family. But the ultimate treat was another poem he wrote that ended with him saying he loved me. That was more than I had expected that night. It meant so much to me that he was able to be so vulnerable. It was also a good sign that I wasn't scared when he read those words.

Episode 8
Chris's Family
I was thrilled to meet Chris's family in Oregon. One of the qualities I love about Chris is his athleticism, so it was nice to share in his passion for baseball and see where he played as a kid. I enjoyed showing off my baseball skills and hopefully impressed him. Spending the day with Chris in his hometown felt effortless and I could picture what a life together would be like.

I always have an amazing time with Chris and our relationship has progressed in such a wonderful way but I needed his family's blessing. I knew he was ready for a commitment but I needed to see if our lives meshed well together. I enjoyed talking with his mother and I could tell she only wants what is best for her son. That was endearing and I was glad that his family gave us their blessings. It felt great to know where my relationship stood with Chris and that made me hopeful for the rest of the journey.

Episode 9
The Other Guys
Chris almost seemed too good to be true. The great thing about our relationship is that we connected on all levels and that made hanging out a lot of fun. I felt right at home on the beach, splashing in the water and being in Chris's arms. It was such a relief and a turning point in our relationship to discuss what a future would look like together.

He was so nervous to discuss relocating, but that is such an important discussion to have and I'm glad that he brought it up. I have always been open to that if I love someone because I don't feel I have roots anywhere. This turned out to be a positive talk that brought us closer together.

Episode 11
True and Lasting Love
I was given a rare and beautiful opportunity to find true and lasting love – and I found it with Chris. Our time in Antigua was so incredible. The moments we shared will last a lifetime. That last date was something truly special. When he handed me that journal and expressed again how he felt, I never felt so loved and I knew I wanted to love him the way he deserved for eternity. It gave me so much hope to realize what was in front of me all along – the love he show through it all.

To have Chris meet my family was one of the happiest days of my life. I knew that they would take a liking to him right away and was excited to have everyone's approval, including my brother's. I didn't just introduce my family to Chris – I introduced them to the man of my dreams and the man I would become engaged to.

The Proposal
The proposal from Chris will be one of the most defining moments of my life. I was nervous to tell him everything I needed to say but if I wanted our relationship to last, I would have to start with honesty. He looked so nervous walking towards me and at the same time incredibly dashing, so right away I wanted to scream, "YES! I will marry you!" But, of course, he would have to ask me first. I wasn't sure what he was going to say but once I told him everything and he kissed me, I knew that he wouldn't let that get in the way of what we had.

As Chris got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, I had no doubts in my mind that I wanted to marry this man. Saying yes and telling him I loved him for the first time was so surreal and a feeling I could never duplicate. I was overcome with joy and happiness. The ring is the most stunning thing I have ever seen but the meaning behind it is even more beautiful.

I could go on for days telling you all of the great things about Chris but I'm pretty sure you already saw all of those things while watching. He had my attention that first night with his quirky down-on-one-knee entrance and from there our relationship began to blossom naturally and effortlessly. We connected immediately once we had time alone and each time after that. That is the great thing about Chris throughout this experience; he stayed completely confident and never let his feelings waver.

My Advice

I didn't see the beauty of those qualities right away but now I know that Chris is a man who will never give up when the times get hard or ever want to see me hurt. He is man that will stay loyal and true throughout the struggles of life and always be the first to hold my hand. I wish for everyone to find this kind of love. It's not infatuation that lasts but having a friendship and foundation that will foresee the tests of time.

Now we only have time on our side. I feel so blessed to have him in my life and can't wait for the rest of our lives together.

For anyone who has been hurt – hold on to hope and don't let that stop you from loving again. And for those who have found love, don't ever take it for granted. That is what I have learned and the only advice I would like to pass on.

Thank you again for watching this season of The Bachelorette and for reading my blog!

XOXO,
Desiree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:22 am

Thank you for posting this compilation of Des's blog. I enjoyed reading her thoughts on Chris. It seems that they have what it takes to make it in the real world. So glad that they're already starting their life together.

I also watched with spoiled eyes so even though I noticed how she was with Chris from the beginning I ignored it because of the spoilers. I really like them as a couple now and may I say that Chris just got Hotter in my eyes. Also, I don't even mind the poetry. I think it's very romantic that they can write one together. I'm really hoping to hear more about them.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:43 am

murasaki1393 wrote:
I didn't see the beauty of those qualities right away but now I know that Chris is a man who will never give up when the times get hard or ever want to see me hurt. He is man that will stay loyal and true throughout the struggles of life and always be the first to hold my hand. I wish for everyone to find this kind of love. It's not infatuation that lasts but having a friendship and foundation that will foresee the tests of time.

Now we only have time on our side. I feel so blessed to have him in my life and can't wait for the rest of our lives together.

For anyone who has been hurt – hold on to hope and don't let that stop you from loving again. And for those who have found love, don't ever take it for granted. That is what I have learned and the only advice I would like to pass on.

I hadn't read her final blog.  That is absolutely beautiful.  I'm so glad Brooks stepped aside in time (barely!) so she could see what she had all along.  Isn't it funny how sometimes we have to go through pain so we can appreciate what we're blessed to have.

If anyone reading is still doubting - just think what Des gave up to be with Chris.  She really seemed to like Southern CA.  She got to be friends with Ali and has hung out with Kaley Cuoco.  Yet she still packed her bags and relocated.  She is going through an awful lot of trouble if she doesn't really love Chris.  She could have even put it off a little bit - and who would blame her?  What a hectic week she's had, and then they piled a long-distance move at the end of it.  I think she really likes him.   :wedding

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 665

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:02 am

grace8136 wrote:
Pia1 wrote:I want to hear more about this baby making voice. :giggling:Can someone point me to that scene? Lol
In the 2nd half of his proposal it was at it's best. Watch Des shaking her head in agreement and hanging on his every word. But just in general, he is really sexy when he is being serious. You can't look away maybe because it's such a 180 from his usual self. I wish he had brought that voice out at the ATFR to talk about where there relationship is now. :fanningfan 
Thank you Grace. I will check that out a few more times giggling 

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:16 am

Murasaki, thanks for the compilation! It's so fun to read it all together.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:40 am

^ Des has lived in CA since she was 18! I think this is a huge move for her. Des doesn't seem to seek fame and same with Chris. Chris is just a normal guy, going back to his normal job, whereas most contestants don't really go back right away. Hopefully she'll adjust well and I have no doubts that Chris's friends will accept her and she'll make her own friends up there in no time.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:43 pm

I'm also of the opinion that she wouldn't uproot herself if she's not truly in love with Chris. My goodness who wouldn't fall in love with him. He's the whole package. As I've been watching their scenes I've noticed how beautiful his eyes are. He has very thick dark eyelashes. Also, like his 5 o clock shadow. He really has a beautiful face and body. Also, like that he's modest about it. I'm really liking Chris more and more.:yes: 

Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 48 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris and Desiree - Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - Thread #1

+85
AEF
Newto
julychild
2observe
Mustang19