SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 4 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by LLiza Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Chacharo wrote:I haven't seen one post where anyone has acted as though they were deriving pleasure out of the thought of Des and Brooks breaking up - not one.  But let's just say that I do derive pleasure from that thought - so what?  Am I not entitled to state what I think about the contestants of this show without receiving less than nice posts in reply, or being constantly reminded of the spoilers, or called a hater because I'm not a fan?

I've always been fascinated by the sleuthing and speculation.  Even though I have never had the time or patience, the sleuthing of screen caps can be simply amazing to watch.  For years, I have watched as people speculated about what happens during these shows and many times have thought - "that is so far out, no WAY does it happen" - only to be amazed when speculation turns into the reality of what we are shown.  I admire and am a little jealous at the imagination of so many posters who can come up with some of these scenarios and do enjoy reading them.  What saddens me is when these people don't post because they are labeled "haters" and being constantly reminded about our rock-solid spoilers.  For many of us, the spoilers take the fun out of the game.

I make no secret of the fact that I don't really care about the outcome of this show.  I watch it for entertainment.  It's not that I'm a hater of these people, I just don't know them and I never will.  I enjoy laughing at them and with them.  I laugh out loud sitting here by myself at the computer at several of the snarktastic blogs.  I giggled when Mia posted about the renewal of the vows of Team Tin Foil - a post made in fun but responded to with negativity.  Being a founding member, I can say for sure that Team Tin Foil was and is all about laughing at ourselves and making fun of our dedication to this silly show.  It has nothing to do with hating on contestants or other posters as was implied by the response.

The contestants made a choice to go on a reality dating show and personally, I doubt the sincerity of most of them.  I think most of the relationships fail because they don't really sign up to fall in love.  I think many of them believe they are in love because of the bachelor bubble and the manipulation of the producers.  I think they are auditioning for singing parts or acting parts or dancing parts or simply for the adventures.  I'm fine with that and even enjoy following the ones who do stay in the public eye like Melissa Rycroft.  I think she's a doll but I don't personally know her or know why she went on the show in the first place, but I suspect it was for more than falling in love with Jason Mesnick.  I love watching Michelle Money's acerbic sense of humor and her sarcastic best friend in their videos, and I have learned a thing or two about make-up brands and how to apply them.

This is the F1 thread - a place for sleuthing and speculation. Now, since I'm really bad at both things, I shall shut up and watch the experts do their thing.

High clap Huge support to the UN-bolded!!

LLiza

Female Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by LLiza Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:00 pm

ImeldaMarcos wrote:

By this point in every season there are those labeled as "haters", happens every time. I am starting to think it must be group think, human nature or something. I was once offended and slightly emotional about being labeled a "hater", I am over it. Fun to watch this train wreck of a show and fun to see what is posted here and on other boards.

I think that there is a HUGE difference between a hater and a non-fangirl. I don't care enough about any of the final three individually, but that certainly doesn't make me a hater. I admit, though, that the concept of being a unwaveringly dedicated fangirl gives me the willies. It's only a tv show, and these cast members are actors.

That belief does NOT make me a hater.

LLiza

Female Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Nor does liking/supporting one contestant over others or expressing thoughts about what has transpired over the course of the season constitute all out fangirling. Or being less experienced or having a teenage-like mind. It seems some things said around here are said expressly to be insulting in a somewhat veiled way because it won't be said directly to one specific person.

Things are sleuthed, things are scrutinzed, speculated upon...spoilers are welcomed, yet when someone believes the spoilers it's best to keep quiet.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:14 pm

I rewatched part of Monday's episode again last night. The part that really would be terrible if Chris or Drew were F1 was when she said when she was going on other dates, that she wanted to go on dates with Brooks, and how she didn't want to share her heart. That would be a tough one to explain less than a week before the FRC.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:16 pm

I agree, nutty. I guess production could leave that in if Chris or Drew was F1, but it seems excessively cruel even for them.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:18 pm

nutty1 wrote:I rewatched part of Monday's episode again last night. The part that really would be terrible if Chris or Drew were F1 was when she said when she was going on other dates, that she wanted to go on dates with Brooks, and how she didn't want to share her heart. That would be a tough one to explain less than a week before the FRC.

I'm sure the diehards would find some loophole around that one. giggling 
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:21 pm

Piper61 wrote:I agree, nutty.  I guess production could leave that in if Chris or Drew was F1, but it seems excessively cruel even for them.

Diehards would say , nah, Chris or Drew can handle .
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by laurentx Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:21 pm

nutty1 wrote:I rewatched part of Monday's episode again last night. The part that really would be terrible if Chris or Drew were F1 was when she said when she was going on other dates, that she wanted to go on dates with Brooks, and how she didn't want to share her heart. That would be a tough one to explain less than a week before the FRC.

Definitely a comment that will be discussed with Drew and/or Chris at ATFR. One or both will be obviously upset she led them on!

What's so raw and real is she blurted it out before even thinking..
laurentx
laurentx

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:24 pm

I agree. It is even sad the way it is, for them to have poured their hearts out and then to hear that. But she was just so overwhelmed, I think she said what was in her heart. And TPTB would never leave that out!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:26 pm

I'm sad for them even as non-F1 but also sad for Des that she was so closed off to all of those great guys. I hated seeing Ben do it and now feel the same way with Brooks. I'm not saying he's a "Courtney" type just the same focus of the lead to the exclusion of everyone else. At least he got a better edit.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15499

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Jeepers wrote:
northernviewer wrote:Funny how if you're a fan or even mildly like the lead and their F1, you're considered to closed minded and have your head up somebody's butt (yes, I did read this laugh out loud ) but if you ridicule them and call them all kinds of names for their decision, you're level headed and realistic      I sit here and read and shake my head ...... 
Funny how we agree on this

wonders never cease :gotcha: 

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:33 pm

if i were Drew and Chris i would not even ask her why nor anything just wish her happiness and say i'm in a happy place now
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

+63
SouthernMomOf4
sparkler
Di_ATL
isittrue
lovinlife