SELECT CONTENT

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Page 29 of 35 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers - Page 29 Empty Re: ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Post by Ariela Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Starshine_16 wrote:
Rolly wrote:Totally agree with the post above from Beeleever and pbmax.... a broken heart takes time to heal.  The scene with Des and Brooks on ATFR tells me she still has unresolved feelings IMO and why wouldn't she from what we saw the week before. If there is a chance for their relationship to work he needs to know the depth of her feelings when Brooks left. They can move forward but you can't pretend the devastating break up didn't happen.

I definitely did not see any hint of unresolved feelings for Brooks. Des is glowing and she's clearly happy with Chris and they've lasted for 3 months in secret. Most of these relationships have crumbled or on their way to crumbling by this point. Just imo of course.:Smiley: 

Although I really hope their love grows, I disagree on the glowing part. She is happy with him like any new boyfriend. No special glow at all. Chris is definitely marriage material.
He is A guy for her. Not sure if he's THE special guy....or maybe that's as good as it gets no idea

Ariela

Back to top Go down

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers - Page 29 Empty Re: ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Post by pbmax Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Starshine_16 wrote:
Rolly wrote:Totally agree with the post above from Beeleever and pbmax.... a broken heart takes time to heal.  The scene with Des and Brooks on ATFR tells me she still has unresolved feelings IMO and why wouldn't she from what we saw the week before. If there is a chance for their relationship to work he needs to know the depth of her feelings when Brooks left. They can move forward but you can't pretend the devastating break up didn't happen.

I definitely did not see any hint of unresolved feelings for Brooks. Des is glowing and she's clearly happy with Chris and they've lasted for 3 months in secret. Most of these relationships have crumbled or on their way to crumbling by this point. Just imo of course.:Smiley: 

Huh kind of like DeAnna and Jesse, they lasted during the incubation period too and a little beyond. At least Dee was a affectionate with Jesse with the oh honey's. Des wouldn't even move in closer or lean into him..

Rolly I agree with your posts.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:23 pm

albean99 wrote:So what's the difference between this and Ali's season? I don't remember anyone saying that Roberto was the default guy or that Ali couldn't possibly love him after being so devastated from Frank leaving. Perhaps everything that happened with Brooks happened with Frank. We don't know because they didn't show us.

I hope those who feel Des is with the wrong guy can realize that Brooks was never going to be that guy for her. He just didn't love her enough to stay and apparently had no second thoughts about that.  

Des was able to move on because she had concurrent relationships and had built something with Chris even if it was behind Brooks. I believe she was infatuated with Brooks but it was based on what she thought she saw in him and not his real feelings. She was forced to come to her senses and face the facts. A lot of what we saw was enhanced by the edit and it would have been easy for them to show less with Brooks and more with Chris and voila - Ali's finale complete with the f2 guy leaving at the LCD. Will it end differently than with Ali & Roberto? That's up to Des & Chris but I think they have a decent chance.

The difference is Ali was crying but she wasn't declaring that it was Frank all alone, that she love Frank, that she can't go on, that she didn't care about the two left. A day later her tears were gone and she was really enjoying Roberto. Roberto was her Brooks throughout the show. That's the
difference and if they didn't make it heaven help Des and Chris.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:28 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:My two cents......

1) I truly believe MF's spies here on this board during Emily's season were so inspired by TTF vs Spoiled debate ( that's putting it kindly) that they realized, if they DID put forth a full fledged Foiler, that they could get their big Kaboom of RS.  It was always my belief that MF does not care who he hurts in the process, all contestants can be manipulated, used, abused, and smeared, as long as he was able to prove that RS could be fooled.  MF does not care if the show makes it easier or more difficult for the couple to survive. He just wants his show to survive. And I think MF feels that an unspoiled show is easier to manipulate for drama sake and will bring in more viewers, hence more money for him.  
TTF, I think we're gonna need a bigger roll for next season!
Time for a song...  http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FKMrTfHKU88

2) I know I am in the minority, but I don't think JP is all that hot.  He is, however, a nice guy who seems sincere.

I totally agree, and he should. Its his show, he's going to do everything he can to make RS look like a fool. All contestants know before hand the posibilites of being smeared and thrown under the bus so he's covered there. Prior to RS, there weren't any problems sleuthing. He comes along and ruins his show. He's not going to be duped, we all know he's been trying to intimidate RS, law suits etc. Say what you want about Fleiss, but I'm sure he's not in the business to air shows with poor viewership. He's going to do what it takes. It wouldn't surprise me if he warned everyone, if the ending gets leaked, they are all fired. That would be one way to stop the internal leaks.

IMO, it appears, he gets the misinformation out there early. Real early, before the show airs. So now everyone thinks they know who the F1 is, and will focus soley on that person while the show is airing, keeping the attention away from the real F1

During Ali's season, the spoiler was out months before, that she picked no one. Sleuthers were so disappointed, they just wanted the seaon over with and on to the next Bachelor. Then another spoiler came out, she picked Chris L, then no one, then Roberto, then RS says its Roberto or no one, back and forth it went. Then Melinda Havea, comes along and posts she chose Roberto, no one believed her because the spoilers said she didn't pick anyone. Very little sleuthing was done.

Now I know why Ali tweeted last night:

@AliFedotowsky 16h
.@chrisbharrison you just said we've "never faced this on the show" Did you watch my season ;) #gettherose #samethinghappened #Bachelorette

After her Oscar performance when Frank left, no one thought she chose anyone. We all know what happened after that.

Could not help snarking on the bolded above:
Yeah we all do know what happened after that--Ali dated Roberto until she finally moved on got her own tv gig and now dates a guy that looks like Frank's double. She got exactly what she wanted.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:30 pm

SouthernMomOf4 wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
SouthernMomOf4 wrote:Wow.  Ok.  I am a little disturbed at how easily I found information about Juan Pablo on the public record.  Found his company and his address in less than a minute.

No, I am not trying to stalk him - I was just curious if he really did live in Miami.  Uh, yep - he sure does!
Not stalking, sleuthing for the season. :Smiley: 

Hugesmile Then why do I feel so dirty rofl 

Feel dirty if you intercept him deliberately at the airport and make up a fake story about meeting your uncle and then come back here to post it! giggling 

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernMomOf4 Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
SouthernMomOf4 wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
SouthernMomOf4 wrote:Wow.  Ok.  I am a little disturbed at how easily I found information about Juan Pablo on the public record.  Found his company and his address in less than a minute.

No, I am not trying to stalk him - I was just curious if he really did live in Miami.  Uh, yep - he sure does!
Not stalking, sleuthing for the season. :Smiley: 

Hugesmile Then why do I feel so dirty rofl 

Feel dirty if you intercept him deliberately at the airport and make up a fake story about meeting your uncle.

Well, seeing as I google earthed his condo it would probably be easier to just bump into him as he comes out the front door and ask him for directions...:giggle: But I would never do something like that :halo: plotting 

SouthernMomOf4

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:58 pm

MiaHawk wrote:My two cents......

1) I truly believe MF's spies here on this board during Emily's season were so inspired by TTF vs Spoiled debate ( that's putting it kindly) that they realized, if they DID put forth a full fledged Foiler, that they could get their big Kaboom of RS.  It was always my belief that MF does not care who he hurts in the process, all contestants can be manipulated, used, abused, and smeared, as long as he was able to prove that RS could be fooled.  MF does not care if the show makes it easier or more difficult for the couple to survive. He just wants his show to survive. And I think MF feels that an unspoiled show is easier to manipulate for drama sake and will bring in more viewers, hence more money for him.  
TTF, I think we're gonna need a bigger roll for next season!
Time for a song...  http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FKMrTfHKU88

2) I know I am in the minority, but I don't think JP is all that hot.  He is, however, a nice guy who seems sincere.

Aw, I loved Zak's song! :yes: 

Some of the older pics of JuanPa (I REFUSE to call him JP - I reserve that for the real JP), I think he was hotter. When his baby mamma was pregnant. I think it's the ridiculous pointy hairdo he is sporting now that makes him less attractive to me (must have the same hairdresser as Zak). giggling

"In the end this show is like life more than it's not really....  Sometimes you get Jash and sometimes you get Courtney/Vienna.  The stinky ones squirt out 15 minutes of fame and the good ones make lemonade from their lemons.  It's all what you make of it." - auntie
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattycake92 Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:01 pm

albean99 wrote:So what's the difference between this and Ali's season? I don't remember anyone saying that Roberto was the default guy or that Ali couldn't possibly love him after being so devastated from Frank leaving. Perhaps everything that happened with Brooks happened with Frank. We don't know because they didn't show us.

I hope those who feel Des is with the wrong guy can realize that Brooks was never going to be that guy for her. He just didn't love her enough to stay and apparently had no second thoughts about that.  

Des was able to move on because she had concurrent relationships and had built something with Chris even if it was behind Brooks. I believe she was infatuated with Brooks but it was based on what she thought she saw in him and not his real feelings. She was forced to come to her senses and face the facts. A lot of what we saw was enhanced by the edit and it would have been easy for them to show less with Brooks and more with Chris and voila - Ali's finale complete with the f2 guy leaving at the LCD. Will it end differently than with Ali & Roberto? That's up to Des & Chris but I think they have a decent chance.

You must not have been reading my posts back then. I thought Ali was leaning toward picking Frank. Des was doing more than leaning. She had already made her pick (brooks). Again, it's clear as a bell that Chris was second choice but then again, so was Molly. So yeah, they have just as much chance as any couple.
Pattycake92
Pattycake92

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:06 pm

pbmax wrote:

The difference is Ali was crying but she wasn't declaring that it was Frank all alone, that she love Frank, that she can't go on, that she didn't care about the two left. A day later her tears were gone and she was really enjoying Roberto. Roberto was her Brooks throughout the show. That's the

And you know that because it was what they showed us. What if there was lots you didn't see? Ali has admitted that Frank was her f2 guy and I thought even then that he was her favorite. She had a crush on Roberto all season but the Bachelorette almost never picks her chemistry guy. I don't really understand why the need to be so negative. It's not like Brooks wanted to end up with Des so why not wish her well even if you don't see it? :greenman: 

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattycake92 Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Actually, Ali said recently, that she would have slept with Frank and that she shouldn't have accepted Roberto's proposal.
Pattycake92
Pattycake92

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:17 pm

albean99 wrote:
pbmax wrote:

And you know that because it was what they showed us. What if there was lots you didn't see? Ali has admitted that Frank was her f2 guy and I thought even then that he was her favorite. She had a crush on Roberto all season but the Bachelorette almost never picks her chemistry guy. I don't really understand why the need to be so negative. It's not like Brooks wanted to end up with Des so why not wish her well even if you don't see it?  :greenman: 

I agree albean. Its all in the edit. From a storytelling POV - we knew that Frank was going to leave for an ex-girlfriend. Right from the begining.

Besides we already had red flags in that Frank was acting all skittish and Ali was imploring and pleading with him (was that the hammock scene ?). She was all but begging him to love her. Ali knew and we knew that things with Frank were not as it seemed but she tried damn hard to get him to fall for him. She was needy and clingy. That is what the edit showed us. Did she say she was in love with him ? Possibly but we were not shown that conversation with CH. This time for shock value - they showed it. Its all about the drama and the ratings.

When frank bowed out of the show we all heaved a sigh of relief. We saw him being non-committal and with GF issues and were actually glad for a sobbing crying mess of a girl.
Again - all perceptions. We knew he was the bad guy. We didn't with Brooks. His leaving hit us all like a bag of bricks. There were barely any signs (in the edit) till HTDs that he was struggling and Des sure as hell was not seeing any of that. Unlike Ali who actually had a heads up with Frank. She (Ali) noticed and she still grovelled. A lot. I cannot understand how everyone forgot that.
Des left her grovelling for the end when he was already checked - out.

Ali's season too was left as she picked no one. And folks were all on board with that. Because they saw how devastated she was over Frank and how superficial she seemed with Roberto. Almost everyone was on board with a no pick.
Till the sleuthing took place.

Ali and Roberto made a good go of it but it didn't last. I expect Des and Chris to give it as good a shot as any. They seem happy and I wish them the best.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Beeleever wrote:I've been holding back (imagine that) but here goes:

I don't believe for one minute that Des can feel total devastation one day, and say:

~I love you and you're the only one I can say that to.
~I don't care that you just broke my heart, I love you.
~I was conflicted because I didn't want to share my heart. I wanted to give it to you.
~When I was going on dates I wanted to go on dates with you, that's why I was conflicted.
~This sucks. I've done everything alone and that's why I was hoping to meet someone to share my life with.
~I just can't love them as much as I know I have to give. And that's not what they deserve.
~Honestly for me, it's over.
~I just want to go home.

and then magically go on one date with Chris and flip it around.

Her answer to that question today? The process is accelerated. That's how she can do it.  

There is a reason Chris is not watching that break-up with Brooks. He is clueless and can't even understand why everyone is asking him how he feels about it on the talk show circuit. Is that a good way to start a relationship? The past makes us who we are. Hiding it is not the answer. Everyone around them is talking about it and they are just going to pretend like it never happened?

I know Chris is a great guy and I know Des had feelings for him. But it is a complete dishonor to him to accept a proposal after what she just went through a few days before and think people are going to buy into it.

When your heart is broken, it takes time to heal. You can't give a broken heart to someone else to heal. You have to heal it yourself before you can give it away again. I don't care how "accelerated" the process is. One LCD date and a few MTP hours is not enough time.

I do wish them well. I hope they can move out of the limelight. It's the only way they have a chance.

:yes: The FRC and media today were so awkward, uncomfortable and sad to me. There is nothing vague or unclear in those words Bee quoted. We all heard them. I've seen a glow in Des often before just as the person she is, her smile and zest for life, not even connected to a guy, but sure didn't last night or today. Maybe it will come slowly with time. I wish her all the happiness in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 35 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

+95
docnash14
Relalou
Luvvy
Aunties_Love
kash