SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Page 45 of 52 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 45 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:52 pm

sophienette wrote:
gabriele wrote:chris is in seattle. there was an airport siting of brooks tonite at the SLC airport.

Now coming or going, that is the question Smiley
Not pointing the finger at you sophie giggling You got me remembering and I asked the question last night and havent' had a chance to get to all the threads...I thought that the MTA is taping this weekend and that could be why Brooks is travelling?

Last edited by Aunties_Love on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 45 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by nd4reality Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
sophienette wrote:
gabriele wrote:chris is in seattle. there was an airport siting of brooks tonite at the SLC airport.

Not pointing the finger at you sophie giggling but I asked the question last night and havent' had a chance to get to all the threads...I thought that the MTA is taping this weekend and that could be why Brooks is travelling?

I believe the MTA is being taped on the 15th

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:55 pm

nd4reality wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
sophienette wrote:

Not pointing the finger at you sophie giggling but I asked the question last night and havent' had a chance to get to all the threads...I thought that the MTA is taping this weekend and that could be why Brooks is travelling?

I believe the MTA is being taped on the 15th
oh, ok. Thanks. Got to receck something I saw then. Thanks again.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:30 pm

nd4reality wrote:This is not just about Des and her F1 though but all the leads on this show. How much can they really learn about a person to commit to an engagement at the end of the show.
We have seen plenty of HTDs not even held where the contestant lives - possibly in some restaurant or the home of a friend, sibling or parent. Hardly the circumstances to come to  a serious decision for a partner whether to date after the show or marry.

Who  knows, the F1 could be living in a no bedroom rented cramped up basement  but tell the lead that their actual home is being `renovated`  or some other credible excuse during HTs and therefore he or she is not taking the lead there. And then, he or she gets picked in the end. That certainly does not fulfill  the Cinderella dream does it.

(I always think of Melissa`s HT where her parents refused to participate. That in itself should have raised a red flag to Jason.)

ND, ITA. It's such an unreal situation to truly fall in love.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:35 pm

2observe wrote:
nd4reality wrote:This is not just about Des and her F1 though but all the leads on this show. How much can they really learn about a person to commit to an engagement at the end of the show.
We have seen plenty of HTDs not even held where the contestant lives - possibly in some restaurant or the home of a friend, sibling or parent. Hardly the circumstances to come to  a serious decision for a partner whether to date after the show or marry.

Who  knows, the F1 could be living in a no bedroom rented cramped up basement  but tell the lead that their actual home is being `renovated`  or some other credible excuse during HTs and therefore he or she is not taking the lead there. And then, he or she gets picked in the end. That certainly does not fulfill  the Cinderella dream does it.

(I always think of Melissa`s HT where her parents refused to participate. That in itself should have raised a red flag to Jason.)

ND, ITA.  It's such an unreal situation to truly fall in love.

Me too. I've always been against engagements at the end of filming. I'm not really a romantic I guess.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15377

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:43 pm

albean99 wrote:
2observe wrote:

Me too. I've always been against engagements at the end of filming. I'm not really a romantic I guess.
i definitely think these folks are crazy to get engaged at the end of the show. i consider myself a realistic romantic. still a romantic but not with rose-colored glasses on and i'd like to skip the kool aid please.

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:46 pm

albean99 wrote:
2observe wrote:

Not true. We all watch the show to see a love story there is no other way to describe that.
It is just the idea of intimately dating more than just 1 person literally days before getting engaged that should be a consideration. The other is the fact that there is no way you can really tell enough about the person in such a short period of time. He or she could be completely pulling the wool over your eyes and saying the right things and acting the right way. Again (pardon her fans) but Melissa was all about the perfect answers and actions throughout. Right down to the ` I want to teach preschoolers`bit. The perfect answer for a single dad. Jason could not believe his luck at the time.
Just the concept of an engagement is what I find ridiculous. But I watch the show anyway giggling 

nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:52 pm

gabriele wrote:
albean99 wrote:
2observe wrote:

i definitely think these folks are crazy to get engaged at the end of the show. i consider myself a realistic romantic. still a romantic but not with rose-colored glasses on and i'd like to skip the kool aid please.

I wish they didn't have an engagement. An "I love you. I choose you." moment would be just as romantic and even more so to me since an engagement does feel more like a contractual requirement.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:54 pm

I think the most ridiculous engagements were Ben and Courtney and Fake and Vienna. I think that with the right choice it could work. Its just that you start backwards. You get engaged but truly get to know each other later. I think Ashley and JP and some of the others prove there is some method to the madness that illustrates this show has its potential. The fact that the majority fail proves its not easy.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:03 pm

nd4reality wrote:
albean99 wrote:
2observe wrote:

Not true. We all watch the show to see a love story there is no other way to describe that.
It is just the idea of intimately dating more than just 1 person literally days before getting engaged that should be a consideration. The other is the fact that there is no way you can really tell enough about the person in such a short period of time. He or she could be completely pulling the wool over your eyes and saying the right things and acting the right way. Again (pardon her fans) but Melissa was all about the perfect answers and actions throughout. Right down to the  ` I want to teach preschoolers`bit. The perfect answer for a single dad. Jason could not believe his luck at the time.
Just the concept of an engagement is what I find ridiculous. But I watch the show anyway giggling 

Per the bolded--since the first season with Alex, I have not watched TB or TB'ette to see a love story. I am getting snarky with just the thought. :P 

Last edited by Kashathediva on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
albean99 wrote:
2observe wrote:

It is just the idea of intimately dating more than just 1 person literally days before getting engaged that should be a consideration. The other is the fact that there is no way you can really tell enough about the person in such a short period of time. He or she could be completely pulling the wool over your eyes and saying the right things and acting the right way. Again (pardon her fans) but Melissa was all about the perfect answers and actions throughout. Right down to the  ` I want to teach preschoolers`bit. The perfect answer for a single dad. Jason could not believe his luck at the time.

Per the bolded--since the first season with Alex, I have not watched TB or TB'ette to see a love story. I am getting snarky with just the thought.

Kasha - I watch Austin and Ally on the Disney channel to see the chemistry between the leads. Embarressed! .
Snark away !!!!

nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by LLiza Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:12 pm

BarbB222 wrote:I think the most ridiculous engagements were Ben and Courtney and Fake and Vienna. I think that with the right choice it could work. Its just that you start backwards. You get engaged but truly get to know each other later. I think Ashley and JP and some of the others prove there is some method to the madness that illustrates this show has its potential. The fact that the majority fail proves its not easy.

True. Ashley and JP were successful because they lived their lives like an everyday couple! JP went back to working, Ashley went back to dental school, and they fell deeper in love over their normal lives. I applaud them for that.

These phony couples who think that they are now famous because a few fans are salivating over them are hardly living a real life. No wonder those couples don't survive a long term relationship.

LLiza

Female Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 52 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

+62
umngirl
Rolly
LLiza
Rosepetal
Peppermom