SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Page 15 of 53 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by IrishGal Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:20 am

happyntexas wrote:
albean99 wrote:
nutty1 wrote:Just a random general thought.
I realize up to now, Ben is most defintely hidden. I am still trying to figure out why.
Because.....we know he is F2. Don't TPTB want the general public to be guessing about who she will pick? If he stays this hidden, there will be no guessing. They are going to really have to ramp up his story.
My guess is because the Bentley drama was half the season. So the second half is like a condensed entire season. So we have JP....front & center, everyone says "he wins for sure" (even the unspoiled). WHY???? Why would it be this easy. Again, would Fleiss want everyone going into the FRC sort of knowing who wins? And if JP is the winner, why didn't he show Ben more, to put more question in everyone's mind?

I think Ben is the guy who's slowly getting to Ashley, Nutty1. Bentley and later JP got the early jump but things can change as they did with Bentley. Ben really got Ashley's attention at the orphanage date and then during their 1 on 1. If you compare his and JP's 1st dates, Ben wins hands down. Ashley's flirty and wants to jump on him and seems to be thinking about kissing a lot with him. JP came right after Bentley left when Ashley's mind was elsewhere by her own admission. What will be really interesting is Ben's 2nd 1 on 1 date and how it compares. We already know that JP gets the evening only while Ben gets not only day & evening but also overnight. It still seems strange that JP only gets evening dates if he really is her favorite. I can't think of this ever happening before.

It doesn't make any sense to me either if the editing continues as it has with JP now being the frontrunner if he really is the f1. I guess things could flip a bit next episode if Ben's date is fun and romantic and JP comes across as jealous but what's strange is that he's even getting the tux in the group date which will have everyone thinking he's the f1. I know people keep saying that Fleiss is after ratings but it's never been in their best interest to have only one real choice at the end no matter how popular. If it were all about the happy couple we'd get more than 5 minutes at the end of the finale of the actual proposal. :Nod:

I've been reading and reading and not replying, but I just got to reply to this. No-one sees the interactions she has had with Ben, because no-one is looking. They are only looking for the next kiss with JP. If anyone noticed. She picked out her two men in the beginning. Ben's meet and greet was just as sweet when he got the 1:1 time. However, the cupcake story overshadowed it. I was one of those. I didn't notice the Ben thing until I rewatched the episode later. The rose ceremony.....he got the 3rd rose....right after Jeff and Constantine. When she arrived for the "roast" group date. She walked through the men and made her way to Ben and put her hand on his shoulder and sat down. However, when the mask was removed.....she came back in a sat on the arm of JP's chair and put her hand on his shoulder. (both men picked out). In the next episode when JP was talking about who all had kissed her. Ben says I've kissed her too. JP was like, "What, when?" The first kiss we see was the next night at the group date rose. So, we aren't even seeing some things.

So, I believe the interaction is there. No-one notices because we are all looking for the next JP time. It is hard to notice "quiet and subtle", when you have that "in your face hot and sexy."

For the record, I'm on the fence with both. I'm not a complete Ben fan, nor am I a only JP will do fan. I love both of these guys. Whoever she picks is the best for her. But, I though Ben needed a little defense on his side. He hasn't been completely invisible. Just a little on the quiet side.

Good Post :Welcome

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by mnmhughes Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:19 am

happyntexas wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
happyntexas wrote:
albean99 wrote:
I realize up to now, Ben is most defintely hidden. I am still trying to figure out why.
Because.....we know he is F2. Don't TPTB want the general public to be guessing about who she will pick? If he stays this hidden, there will be no guessing. They are going to really have to ramp up his story.
My guess is because the Bentley drama was half the season. So the second half is like a condensed entire season. So we have JP....front & center, everyone says "he wins for sure" (even the unspoiled). WHY???? Why would it be this easy. Again, would Fleiss want everyone going into the FRC sort of knowing who wins? And if JP is the winner, why didn't he show Ben more, to put more question in everyone's mind?

I think Ben is the guy who's slowly getting to Ashley, Nutty1. Bentley and later JP got the early jump but things can change as they did with Bentley. Ben really got Ashley's attention at the orphanage date and then during their 1 on 1. If you compare his and JP's 1st dates, Ben wins hands down. Ashley's flirty and wants to jump on him and seems to be thinking about kissing a lot with him. JP came right after Bentley left when Ashley's mind was elsewhere by her own admission. What will be really interesting is Ben's 2nd 1 on 1 date and how it compares. We already know that JP gets the evening only while Ben gets not only day & evening but also overnight. It still seems strange that JP only gets evening dates if he really is her favorite. I can't think of this ever happening before.

It doesn't make any sense to me either if the editing continues as it has with JP now being the frontrunner if he really is the f1. I guess things could flip a bit next episode if Ben's date is fun and romantic and JP comes across as jealous but what's strange is that he's even getting the tux in the group date which will have everyone thinking he's the f1. I know people keep saying that Fleiss is after ratings but it's never been in their best interest to have only one real choice at the end no matter how popular. If it were all about the happy couple we'd get more than 5 minutes at the end of the finale of the actual proposal. :Nod:

I've been reading and reading and not replying, but I just got to reply to this. No-one sees the interactions she has had with Ben, because no-one is looking. They are only looking for the next kiss with JP. If anyone noticed. She picked out her two men in the beginning. Ben's meet and greet was just as sweet when he got the 1:1 time. However, the cupcake story overshadowed it. I was one of those. I didn't notice the Ben thing until I rewatched the episode later. The rose ceremony.....he got the 3rd rose....right after Jeff and Constantine. When she arrived for the "roast" group date. She walked through the men and made her way to Ben and put her hand on his shoulder and sat down. However, when the mask was removed.....she came back in a sat on the arm of JP's chair and put her hand on his shoulder. (both men picked out). In the next episode when JP was talking about who all had kissed her. Ben says I've kissed her too. JP was like, "What, when?" The first kiss we see was the next night at the group date rose. So, we aren't even seeing some things.

So, I believe the interaction is there. No-one notices because we are all looking for the next JP time. It is hard to notice "quiet and subtle", when you have that "in your face hot and sexy."

For the record, I'm on the fence with both. I'm not a complete Ben fan, nor am I a only JP will do fan. I love both of these guys. Whoever she picks is the best for her. But, I though Ben needed a little defense on his side. He hasn't been completely invisible. Just a little on the quiet side.

I don't know that those are fair accusations. Just because these moments haven't been seen doesn't equate a lack of interest in sleuthing on the part of posters here. Thank you, however, for pointing them out. :Welcome to the board!

I wasn't accusing...honestly. I love this site here. I've been looking and looking for somewhere like this where you can read so many interesting things and see the different view points. I think the sleuthers do an amazing job. As a matter of fact, I only found this site because someone had suggested to me to look for any posts by Love_Me and this is where it brought me. I love both guys for her, and just thought maybe Ben flies a little under the radar. Although in the end, I do believe that JP is the F1.

I didn't mean any offense, if that is how you took my post. When I said no-one is looking. I actually meant that as a households across america kind of looking. JP is a favorite, so naturally people will look for his interactions. I didn't mean no-one is looking, as in the sleuthers. I meant generally, we notice JP more. We, as viewers in general.

That's why we need an extra set of eyes! yes
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:31 am

JBF wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:
Reality Mary wrote:Ames makes a statement

"I suppose that we would all prefer our fairytales to be simple, but they are not and life is not as simple as we would hope and in fact that is why it is beautiful."

It is some kind of foreshadowing or something but I am not an expert on editing. Any thoughts?

I think only Ames could say that. He might have actually come up with it too.

But if the show ended right now I think you could say his prophecy would be fulfilled - any more drama between now and the end (which is likely) would make it even more true.

Ashley has used the word "fairytale" at least twice. In the preview, she says she's living a fairytale. When Bentley dumps her, she squeals she's ready for her time, her happy ending.

So yes... Ames' line has importance. Ashley has to find beauty in things that may not fit the fairytale.

Jordan doesn't expect a fairytale. He is happy if she falls asleep on his chest... to him that is perfect date. He is completely ready to deal with the rollercoaster of life since time heals all and you just move on and things get put into perspective.

Boy! Am I laying the manure thick here...

Take a look at my signature quotes... she actually knows what kind of instrument it is, but does he care?

In the previews for next week, Ben makes the comment that his date is like a fairytale. Or something to that extent. I know he uses fairytale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reidiscool Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:50 am

happyntexas wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
happyntexas wrote:
albean99 wrote:

I don't know that those are fair accusations. Just because these moments haven't been seen doesn't equate a lack of interest in sleuthing on the part of posters here. Thank you, however, for pointing them out. :Welcome to the board!

I wasn't accusing...honestly. I love this site here. I've been looking and looking for somewhere like this where you can read so many interesting things and see the different view points. I think the sleuthers do an amazing job. As a matter of fact, I only found this site because someone had suggested to me to look for any posts by Love_Me and this is where it brought me. I love both guys for her, and just thought maybe Ben flies a little under the radar. Although in the end, I do believe that JP is the F1.

I didn't mean any offense, if that is how you took my post. When I said no-one is looking. I actually meant that as a households across america kind of looking. JP is a favorite, so naturally people will look for his interactions. I didn't mean no-one is looking, as in the sleuthers. I meant generally, we notice JP more. We, as viewers in general.

Welcome....HappyIT. I agree with your observations. One relationship is more front and center, the other so far has been going on quietly (and more slowly) in the background and not highlighted on our screen so much. This intrigues me and makes me suspicious of what is to come.

My mind is awash with the possibilities!!! Ashley is a smart girl and I personally don't see her heart in this 100% or her trusting this process at the moment and rightly so. I predict we will see a lot of indecision on her part. It may take one of the guys to draw a line in the sand to force her hand and her heart. Maybe this is what we will see with JP, having been understanding with the Bentley crap X 2, maybe he's not so patient with her when she dithers over Ryan's return? I have a crazy feeling that her dithering/confusion when Ryan returns will be felt by all of the guys, Constantine may excuse himself because of this leaving Ben and JP. It wouldn't surprise me if we get one or even both of them saying at the FRC "I love you and you know where I am if you want me" Maybe this will explain her comments in the preview that I know how I feel about this guy and I do not want to live without him. Maybe this is the obligatory drama in the end. We could see both guys leave the FRC empty handed and Ashley is forced to go find her man. Also it just might explain that darn shot of her in Namale in her FRC dress looking for her love!
Reidiscool
Reidiscool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:12 am

Reidiscool wrote:
happyntexas wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
happyntexas wrote:
albean99 wrote:

Welcome....HappyIT. I agree with your observations. One relationship is more front and center, the other so far has been going on quietly (and more slowly) in the background and not highlighted on our screen so much. This intrigues me and makes me suspicious of what is to come.

My mind is awash with the possibilities!!! Ashley is a smart girl and I personally don't see her heart in this 100% or her trusting this process at the moment and rightly so. I predict we will see a lot of indecision on her part. It may take one of the guys to draw a line in the sand to force her hand and her heart. Maybe this is what we will see with JP, having been understanding with the Bentley crap X 2, maybe he's not so patient with her when she dithers over Ryan's return? I have a crazy feeling that her dithering/confusion when Ryan returns will be felt by all of the guys, Constantine may excuse himself because of this leaving Ben and JP. It wouldn't surprise me if we get one or even both of them saying at the FRC "I love you and you know where I am if you want me" Maybe this will explain her comments in the preview that I know how I feel about this guy and I do not want to live without him. Maybe this is the obligatory drama in the end. We could see both guys leave the FRC empty handed and Ashley is forced to go find her man. Also it just might explain that darn shot of her in Namale in her FRC dress looking for her love!

I honestly had not thought of this before. I've thought of everything but that scenario. And the more I think about, them forcing her hand and both walking away. I absolutely could believe that is what happens. It would also explain the few comments I've heard about her chasing after someone. It would be so funny, if at the final rose ceremony, we still didn't know who she picked and had to find out when she finally chases him down. That scenario really fits to what I've been thinking. Think I will hold onto that one. THank you very much!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrappyRN Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:03 am

I don't see Ben as hidden at all, even though I am on the Jash train. My non-spoiled friends think that Ryan could be the one along with Ben or JP, they think I like JP because he resembles my husband(aren't I the lucky one!!), while that may be part of it, I just like what interactions we see between those 2. Ben was front and center in the orphange date. They showed him and Ashley working on the mural, while when she approached JP, we saw him continue to work and she did not join in. And in the next episode, Ben got his 1 on 1 where they painted some more, and had the romantic moment at the temple( even though I saw no spark between them, she said she wanted to pounce on him). I think the cupcake comment in episode 1 where Ashley says she wants to be called cupcake but doesn't know if it will be JP calling her that was left in for a reason, doubt. With Ally, she always doubted her relationship with Roberto, he was too good for her, ect. Ashley, we are shown, always questions JP's feelings. Has she questioned anything about Ben?
ScrappyRN
ScrappyRN

Female Posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:17 am

ScrappyRN wrote: I don't see Ben as hidden at all, even though I am on the Jash train. My non-spoiled friends think that Ryan could be the one along with Ben or JP, they think I like JP because he resembles my husband(aren't I the lucky one!!), while that may be part of it, I just like what interactions we see between those 2. Ben was front and center in the orphange date. They showed him and Ashley working on the mural, while when she approached JP, we saw him continue to work and she did not join in. And in the next episode, Ben got his 1 on 1 where they painted some more, and had the romantic moment at the temple( even though I saw no spark between them, she said she wanted to pounce on him). I think the cupcake comment in episode 1 where Ashley says she wants to be called cupcake but doesn't know if it will be JP calling her that was left in for a reason, doubt. With Ally, she always doubted her relationship with Roberto, he was too good for her, ect. Ashley, we are shown, always questions JP's feelings. Has she questioned anything about Ben?

I see your point. No, she hasn't questioned Ben's feelings that I'm aware of. Except the one statement that she made about her and Ben spending alot of time together on the last group date and there's a mutual attraction but it hasn't been spoken. After that she makes the statement that she is not sure if he is at a point where is ready to allow somebody in. Other than that, I don't think so.

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:20 am

I hope tonight we do see why Ben is F2 - he has been far too hidden (it reminds me so much of old school F1s) and getting a pretty good edit, he's shown no competivenss, no jealousy and has been very patient with the process (that we've seen). they're even trying to paint him with the chemistry brush, and it's just not working.......I does smack of his being the next bach.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:56 am

ScrappyRN wrote:And in the next episode, Ben got his 1 on 1 where they painted some more, and had the romantic moment at the temple( even though I saw no spark between them, she said she wanted to pounce on him). I think the cupcake comment in episode 1 where Ashley says she wants to be called cupcake but doesn't know if it will be JP calling her that was left in for a reason, doubt. With Ally, she always doubted her relationship with Roberto, he was too good for her, ect. Ashley, we are shown, always questions JP's feelings. Has she questioned anything about Ben?

With regard to the bolded comments:

The edit of this show typically meanders from drama to drama and tells the truth so convoluted with falsehood that's it's difficult to know which you're seeing. Your first comment is particularly noteworthy in that what you saw was no spark but what you heard was that she wanted to jump on him. What you saw is likely the truth and what you heard is exactly how the edit uses voice overs and personal interviews to obscure the truth. What you see can't be hidden unless they simply don't show it, but what you hear can be manipulated easily. That romantic moment at the temple wasn't really so romantic but it was edited to look like it was.

I pay attention to voice overs and personal interviews to figure out the story the show is trying to tell but I don't trust them to tell me the truth; they lie as often as not.

The second observation you make is hugely significant. CH has commented that on Ali's show she spent a lot of time trying to figure out how Roberto felt about her and he has made the same comment about this show - that Ashley has spent a lot of time trying to figure out how JP feels about her. We know in retrospect what happened on Ali's show. She finally made that leap of faith and it worked out for her. We have yet to see if Ashley makes a similar leap of faith or if she actually figures it out.

The thing that amuses me a bit about this is that JP is really trying to tell Ashley exactly how he feels but he's not using words to do it. If you care to see just how he's doing this, watch his face and his eyes on the Phuket one to one where he asks her "What do you think?" and the Hong Kong date where he says "I think you know". Both times he looks directly at her, establishes close eye contact and even raises his eyebrows to more clearly open his eyes so that she can see them. He's not using words but he's saying "Look into my eyes and you can see the truth about how I feel about you". So far Ashley either hasn't gotten the message or doesn't believe her own eyes.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrappyRN Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
ScrappyRN wrote:And in the next episode, Ben got his 1 on 1 where they painted some more, and had the romantic moment at the temple( even though I saw no spark between them, she said she wanted to pounce on him). I think the cupcake comment in episode 1 where Ashley says she wants to be called cupcake but doesn't know if it will be JP calling her that was left in for a reason, doubt. With Ally, she always doubted her relationship with Roberto, he was too good for her, ect. Ashley, we are shown, always questions JP's feelings. Has she questioned anything about Ben?

With regard to the bolded comments:

The edit of this show typically meanders from drama to drama and tells the truth so convoluted with falsehood that's it's difficult to know which you're seeing. Your first comment is particularly noteworthy in that what you saw was no spark but what you heard was that she wanted to jump on him. What you saw is likely the truth and what you heard is exactly how the edit uses voice overs and personal interviews to obscure the truth. What you see can't be hidden unless they simply don't show it, but what you hear can be manipulated easily. That romantic moment at the temple wasn't really so romantic but it was edited to look like it was.

I pay attention to voice overs and personal interviews to figure out the story the show is trying to tell but I don't trust them to tell me the truth; they lie as often as not.

The second observation you make is hugely significant. CH has commented that on Ali's show she spent a lot of time trying to figure out how Roberto felt about her and he has made the same comment about this show - that Ashley has spent a lot of time trying to figure out how JP feels about her. We know in retrospect what happened on Ali's show. She finally made that leap of faith and it worked out for her. We have yet to see if Ashley makes a similar leap of faith or if she actually figures it out.

The thing that amuses me a bit about this is that JP is really trying to tell Ashley exactly how he feels but he's not using words to do it. If you care to see just how he's doing this, watch his face and his eyes on the Phuket one to one where he asks her "What do you think?" and the Hong Kong date where he says "I think you know". Both times he looks directly at her, establishes close eye contact and even raises his eyebrows to more clearly open his eyes so that she can see them. He's not using words but he's saying "Look into my eyes and you can see the truth about how I feel about you". So far Ashley either hasn't gotten the message or doesn't believe her own eyes.

I agree, I don't trust voice overs or PI's, they can be edited or manipulated by TPTB. I know that my DH and I can lookat one another from across the room and know what the other is thinking. So hopefully Ashley catches on!
ScrappyRN
ScrappyRN

Female Posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Welcome happyntexas! Please, keep posting and expressing your opinions. Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 15 1387363171
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Welcome Happyntexas! Another Texan here. I am in CC.

Wasn't Matt from Meredith's season from Brownwood?

So glad you found us. This place is so much nicer than the FORT. They were getting crazy over there. Won't even think about the alphabet board.

Only problem I have here is that it is too much to read. Oh well, less time to eat. Does it count as a diet plan? Can't take the time to go to the kitchen for a snack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 53 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

+76
pavalygurl
Chacharo
tigertiz
2observe
happyvalleygirl