SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 62 of 70 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 66 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 62 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Billysmom Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:48 pm

Great post!  I love that song!  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SEWIyqywX0Q

(I've also been thinking of the last line of the Beatitudes, blessed are you when men persecute you.....falsely....etc etc.)
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 62 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:58 pm

River57 wrote:If we are all really concerned about bullying Chris Harrison and producers should apologize to Peter and Madison. What happened on the final in my view was bullying. Even Hannah Ann has a right to give her views. But Peter was set up by manipulation to fail. He had pressure from his mother and producers to go against his best choice. The choice his gut told him to make. However being an unprofessional counselor his decision making and boundaries have been broken down by an unhealthy family dynamic.  That episode was very very sad to view.  Producers should have stopped his mother and I wish Peter and Madi would have walked out.  That was a not fun traumatic event.  I hope Peter is in immediate counseling and Madi too.  I hope Peter’s family will also get his mother some professional help.  Such a very sad situation.  It will take years to heal from. I do not know any of the people involved and I was traumatized.  I grew up in a conservative Christian home and I understand Madi even though I hope she can keep faith and expand her world view.  But that was trauma, evil trauma and they all have my prayers for healing.  And the bachelor producers a message from me: riveting TV is not always right.  Please don’t give a segment on bullying and then but allow your lead yo be put in such a bad situation.  This will fundamentally change Peter and I hope in the best ways.

:claphands Beautifully said!

cheriee wrote:
River57 wrote:If we are all really concerned about bullying Chris Harrison and producers should apologize to Peter and Madison. What happened on the final in my view was bullying. Even Hannah Ann has a right to give her views. But Peter was set up by manipulation to fail. He had pressure from his mother and producers to go against his best choice. The choice his gut told him to make. However being an unprofessional counselor his decision making and boundaries have been broken down by an unhealthy family dynamic.  That episode was very very sad to view.  Producers should have stopped his mother and I wish Peter and Madi would have walked out.  That was a not fun traumatic event.  I hope Peter is in immediate counseling and Madi too.  I hope Peter’s family will also get his mother some professional help.  Such a very sad situation.  It will take years to heal from. I do not know any of the people involved and I was traumatized.  I grew up in a conservative Christian home and I understand Madi even though I hope she can keep faith and expand her world view.  But that was trauma, evil trauma and they all have my prayers for healing.  And the bachelor producers a message from me: riveting TV is not always right.  Please don’t give a segment on bullying and then but allow your lead yo be put in such a bad situation.  This will fundamentally change Peter and I hope in the best ways.

I agree with you and I think it's been harmful that Barb's behavior has been minimized by many who don't seem to understand how emotional manipulation is abusive. This wasn't just Barb being an overly concerned parent, this was a pattern of behavior that has probably been going on for Peter's entire life and it involves a misuse of power in a relationship. I do consider what Barb has engaged in, both on stage and online, as a form of bullying. Barb sought to control and harm others who were already in a vulnerable position. Barb sought to isolate Peter from his friends and family and from the woman he loves, repeatedly. And all of it was intentional and done with zero empathy or care. I think it really needs to be known that what Barb did isn't normal or acceptable. I hope somehow the Weber family seek the help they need. All JMO.

Thank you for underlining this point. That is a MAJOR factor that perpetuates abuse. By not recognizing its signs, it doesn’t get addressed and given proper resolution. It’s “ good tv” to have all kinds of abusive behavior nowadays. It’s on S/M and is  impossible to put the toothpaste back in the tube - so to so speak- . By egging people already emotionally volatile or fragile, it is putting oil on fire and helping create disaster. It can take a second to destroy something, but months or years to build it back.

iamreal2u wrote:
atem wrote:The article also explains to me that Madi and Peter didn't meet until then.  So, it doesn't look like they were dating before the show and starting from fresh.  

This is quote from this article:
https://www.glamour.com/story/the-bachelor-after-the-final-rose-chris-harrison-barb-peter-weber

Right, but I think Madison felt so ambushed. I saw her tense up and freeze up. I bet if you asked Madison about it today, she wouldn’t be able to remember one thing that was said. It was a blur. Yeah, she could have diffused it, Barb could have diffused it, I tried to diffuse it...three times, in fact! But the fact is, that moment wasn’t on Madison. She didn’t make them wait three hours. She and Peter were having a conversation, and that’s something that needed to take place. Barb and Peter Sr. flew across the world, but maybe Barb needs consider who this is about. Maybe it’s not about her. Maybe this is about her son and not about her Instagram followers or her DMs. I think that may have gotten lost a little bit.

The bolded had me Rolling Eyes

And to have CH have the audacity to say that he tried to diffuse it is a BIG FAT LIE IMO. Truly hypocritical. We have footage Chris!

brightmi wrote:I have to thank so many of you who write such caring and insightful posts as to what the viewing audience observed on Tuesday night at the ATFR and in this past season....let's hope Madison and Peter are having some time together to heal and move on from this difficult and sad experience.  Some thoughts:

1. I re-watched the visit Peter made to the Prewitt family...how warm and inviting her family was that night.  I was especially struck by what her Mom said after Madison's Dad finished praying...."I believe the two of you both have greatness in your future"...."to new beginnings".  Maybe this thoughtful toast is one that Peter and Madison can think about in the days and weeks ahead.

2. Again from the visit to the Prewitt home....I think her father could be a positive presence in Peter's life if he is interested in growing in his faith journey.  Whether they end up dating or decide to be friends Mr. Prewitt appears to be a class act and strong spiritual mentor.  

3. It's telling that Peter's friend posted such a kind comment referring to Madison as being such a "light" in the baby shower photo.....she obviously feels that Madison has special qualities that reflect onto others in a positive way.  

4. I agree with so many of you that there is a very good reason that Madison unfollowed CH.  IMO that is a healthy step …."to new beginnings".

5. My wish is that we will see Peter and Madison on the upcoming mission trip this spring....whether together as friends or dating...their positive qualities will shine through as they work to touch the lives of others in such a special way!

6. There is a great song that I listen to called "Blessings"....lately I have been thinking about it as it relates to their experience on the bachelor...."what if the trials of this life are your mercies in disguise".....painful experiences only make us grow!

Spread joy in the world everyone...all just my opinion!

You are welcome and well said! thumbsup
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by cheriee Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:42 pm

brightmi wrote:I have to thank so many of you who write such caring and insightful posts as to what the viewing audience observed on Tuesday night at the ATFR and in this past season....let's hope Madison and Peter are having some time together to heal and move on from this difficult and sad experience.  Some thoughts:

1. I re-watched the visit Peter made to the Prewitt family...how warm and inviting her family was that night.  I was especially struck by what her Mom said after Madison's Dad finished praying...."I believe the two of you both have greatness in your future"...."to new beginnings".  Maybe this thoughtful toast is one that Peter and Madison can think about in the days and weeks ahead.

2. Again from the visit to the Prewitt home....I think her father could be a positive presence in Peter's life if he is interested in growing in his faith journey.  Whether they end up dating or decide to be friends Mr. Prewitt appears to be a class act and strong spiritual mentor.  

3. It's telling that Peter's friend posted such a kind comment referring to Madison as being such a "light" in the baby shower photo.....she obviously feels that Madison has special qualities that reflect onto others in a positive way.  

4. I agree with so many of you that there is a very good reason that Madison unfollowed CH.  IMO that is a healthy step …."to new beginnings".

5. My wish is that we will see Peter and Madison on the upcoming mission trip this spring....whether together as friends or dating...their positive qualities will shine through as they work to touch the lives of others in such a special way!

6. There is a great song that I listen to called "Blessings"....lately I have been thinking about it as it relates to their experience on the bachelor...."what if the trials of this life are your mercies in disguise".....painful experiences only make us grow!

I absolutely agree with you @brightmi, thank you for your post. I think I said before we knew the outcome of this season that I truly felt like there was an authentic love and care for one another between Madi and Peter that extended beyond even a romantic relationship. I felt that if they could, they'd be bestfriends. Even if they don't end up together I hope somehow Peter is able to spend some time with Madi's father. I agree that he could be a very strong presence in Peter's life and someone who might become an example for him when Peter's probably at one the most important junctures of his life.  

I also hope that Peter and Madi, either as friends or as partners, go on that mission trip this Spring. It would be a very meaningful way to use all of the negativity they've had to endure to have a greater purpose. That Peter's friend who runs the charity thinks so highly of Madi shows us that there are people in Peter's life who are there for them and can see the positives.

Every single experience in our lives can be used as impetus for growth. Madi and Peter clearly love each other, and their time together, even if it doesn't end in a marriage, can be a source of growth and meaning. There is a reason Peter fell in love with Madi, and I think on some deeper level Peter is drawn to the life and future Madi represents. I noticed before that although there are many differences, I think there is quite a lot of common ground between them that might not be apparent on the surface.

Peter did exactly what his parents wanted, got engaged to who they thought was the perfect girl for him, and he still wasn't happy. Even if Madi and Peter don't work out, I hope they use this whole experience to become the people they're meant to become.

All JMO.

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallon12 Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:01 pm

Throughout the season Madison followed Peter's best female friend Courtney w/ Peter's charity 'Seed to Mountain'. Madison met Courtney on the first episode date at the Weber's vowel renewal ceremony. On February 1st, Madison attended Courtney's baby shower in TN (they've been commenting on each other's post/pictures throughout the season) so clearly they became newfound friends.  On Feb 11th, Chris Harrison met with Madi in AL and discussed Peter's broken engagement which took place the last week in Jan., week of the Superbowl. Knowing Peter selfishly proposed to Hannah Ann as a backup to save face, could it be there were discussions already going on via Courtney in January for Peter & Madi to reconcile? Was she the intermediary to reassure Peter if he broke it off with HA, Madi would be there to pickup the pieces? IMO, even if Peter received word Madi was regretting her decision to leave Australia (couldn't eat/sleep), would certainly doom and be the reassurance he needed to end his relationship with Hannah Ann. If so, was the meeting with CH in AL all a "finasco" since Maddi already knew about the breakup? Lastly, Peter should be thankful in an ironic way that Barb spoke out. In doing so, Barb has become the villian, taking the heat off Peter. Time will tell how this all plays out.

Fallon12

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:04 pm

cheriee wrote:

I absolutely agree with you @brightmi, thank you for your post. I think I said before we knew the outcome of this season that I truly felt like there was an authentic love and care for one another between Madi and Peter that extended beyond even a romantic relationship. I felt that if they could, they'd be bestfriends. Even if they don't end up together I hope somehow Peter is able to spend some time with Madi's father. I agree that he could be a very strong presence in Peter's life and someone who might become an example for him when Peter's probably at one the most important junctures of his life.  

I also hope that Peter and Madi, either as friends or as partners, go on that mission trip this Spring. It would be a very meaningful way to use all of the negativity they've had to endure to have a greater purpose. That Peter's friend who runs the charity thinks so highly of Madi shows us that there are people in Peter's life who are there for them and can see the positives.

Every single experience in our lives can be used as impetus for growth. Madi and Peter clearly love each other, and their time together, even if it doesn't end in a marriage, can be a source of growth and meaning. There is a reason Peter fell in love with Madi, and I think on some deeper level Peter is drawn to the life and future Madi represents. I noticed before that although there are many differences, I think there is quite a lot of common ground between them that might not be apparent on the surface.

Peter did exactly what his parents wanted, got engaged to who they thought was the perfect girl for him, and he still wasn't happy. Even if Madi and Peter don't work out, I hope they use this whole experience to become the people they're meant to become.

All JMO.

Here I am again following you and agreeing with the elements you are highlighting. laugh out loud
Case in point: the no. 2 about Madi’s  father, even if we take away the whole religious aspect, this is a man that has high standards of MORALS and ETHICS and has been an instrumental role model for all the youngsters he is coaching.
This is a new kind of man that Peter has probably not been in contact with much or enough IMO.

And then I also see that Peter had no chance to grow the parts that don’t necessarily fit with the Weber’s expectations of who Peter is and should be. From my POV the differences they all clamor are ‘ irreconcilable’ are superficial elements that are NOT values or character driven. There is a reason indeed why Peter has been dissatisfied with that lifestyle that he is used to. Maybe his heart is wanting more meaningful rapport, more tolerance and giving as opposed to always think of ones own needs.
Madison is a light in a new direction for him. We enter relationship not just to ‘ feel good’ but to grow. These are the REALLY important relationships we pursue. And in order to grow, there needs to be obstacles to face together, there needs to be a feeling of trust to make a team and go through these challenges together. HA was NOT operating and offering any of these deeper  and abstract qualities for Pater. Madison awakes all that as a possibility for Peter. That is something to welcome and bless as a mother. Not condemn. I do have some very interesting ⭐  data and analysis that I’m working on and will post soon. There are no coincidences and some meaningful purpose can be traced inside this present chaotic situation.

JMOAA

Last edited by Astrobach on Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Parrots Hilton Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:11 pm

After thinking about this for several days I've come to the conclusion that Barb let herself be manipulated by the situation into saying more than was appropriate. She let emotions take over and just spilled her feelings on the floor. The studio audience was a big push behind that and I got the feeling she was quite jealous of the attention Maddi and Hannah Ann were getting from Peter. She really tried to take over be the star of the last few episodes of this season.
Parrots Hilton
Parrots Hilton

Back to top Go down

Post by cheriee Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:19 pm

If you want my opinion on the timeline, Courtney and Madi had likely spoken at the vow renewal about Courtney’s charity. Madi has also volunteered in Uganda, where Courtney’s charity has projects running. They would’ve clicked and probably Courtney would’ve loved for Madi to be involved with the charity in some way. I don’t think Courtney knew the outcome of the season (remember it was meant to be an unspoiled season), and I think the friendship she formed with Madi was separate to her one with Peter and was linked to the charity. The first time Madi would've seen Courtney in person was February 1st, and Peter was not there. She may have told Peter that Madi went to her baby shower and that Madi was going to help with charity in some way (and this is without Courtney knowing that Peter is now single). Peter and CH continue to talk, CH knows Peter is still interested in Madi. Production contact Madi. Madi and CH have that talk, Madi finds out the full extent of what happened. All JMO.

Last edited by cheriee on Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:20 pm

No way she was manipulated... she did all the manipulation on her own.

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:47 pm

Astrobach wrote:
cheriee wrote:

All JMO.

Here I am again following you and agreeing with the elements you are highlighting. laugh out loud
Case in point: the no. 2 about Madi’s  father, even if we take away the whole religious aspect, this is a man that has high standards of MORALS and ETHICS and has been an instrumental role model for all the youngsters he is coaching.
This is a new kind of man that Peter has probably not been in contact with much or enough IMO.

And then I also see that Peter had no chance to grow the parts that don’t necessarily fit with the Weber’s expectations of who Peter is and should be. From my POV the differences they all clamor are ‘ irreconcilable’ are superficial elements that are NOT values or character driven. There is a reason indeed why Peter has been dissatisfied with that lifestyle that he is used to. Maybe his heart is wanting more meaningful rapport, more tolerance and giving as opposed to always think of ones own needs.
Madison is a light in a new direction for him. We enter relationship not just to ‘ feel good’ but to grow. These are the REALLY important relationships we pursue. And in order to grow, there needs to be obstacles to face together, there needs to be a feeling of trust to make a team and go through these challenges together. HA was NOT operating and offering any of these deeper  and abstract qualities for Pater. Madison awakes all that as a possibility for Peter. That is something to welcome and bless as a mother. Not condemn. I do have some very interesting ⭐  data and analysis that  I’m working on and will post soon. There are no coincidences and some meaningful purpose can be traced inside this present chaotic situation.

JMOAA

Good post! When you've been in your mess for so long, you will get tired and want a change in your life.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:22 pm

My takeaways from the whole thing. All my opinions/feelings/impressions.

* Peter and Madi aren't going to work out - if they're even together. I have doubt.
* Peter cheated on Hannah Ann. Hannah Ann is the wronged party who's done nothing wrong. She wants followers? Who doesn't? Madi "so genuine and real" wants followers too. They all do. I have a FEELING that their engagement was something that wouldn't have happened without producer prodding and I'd go as far as speculating they would reshoot the FRC to make it happen.
* Barb wasn't wrong in anything she said. Madi isn't all that, and Madi was kind of rude. She could have said "sorry we kept you waiting, we had to talk about stuff". I feel like Madi is very self-righteous. Peter could have said the exact same thing, though. Barb was OTT, obviously, and should have cooled her jets. Her desire to 'do lunch' with Kelley is also ... telling, given the rumours that Peter hooked up with Kelley post-FRC and what we know about Barb making friends/pancakes with the women Peter sleeps with.

* The devil works hard, but tptb work harder. I get the impression 90% of how the ending played out was because of them and nothing else.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1352

Back to top Go down

Post by cheriee Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:42 pm

Astrobach wrote:

Madison is a light in a new direction for him. We enter relationship not just to ‘ feel good’ but to grow. These are the REALLY important relationships we pursue. And in order to grow, there needs to be obstacles to face together, there needs to be a feeling of trust to make a team and go through these challenges together. HA was NOT operating and offering any of these deeper  and abstract qualities for Pater. Madison awakes all that as a possibility for Peter. That is something to welcome and bless as a mother. Not condemn. I do have some very interesting ⭐  data and analysis that  I’m working on and will post soon. There are no coincidences and some meaningful purpose can be traced inside this present chaotic situation.

JMOAA

I agree with you @Astrobach. I don't think anything about this season makes sense unless you understand that the Weber family is incredibly toxic and has been a place where emotional manipulation, control, and threats of withdrawal of support are the norm. It is abusive and I don't say that lightly. I really think these people need help. IMO you cannot excuse Barb's behavior as that of just an overly concerned parent. In fact, I wish I could because then I wouldn't feel so bad about what we witnessed. The continued emphasis on blaming Madi for Peter's actions and Barb's actions is IMO disturbing. Trying to placate and apologize to someone who is attacking you is a cycle that will never end. Peter needs to live his own life. He needs to make his own mistakes. Barb has every right to have her doubts and concerns, she has absolutely zero right to humiliate and punish her child for not conforming to her wishes. As much as this is a tv show, these are people's lives. There are reasons we pursue certain relationships, they represent an opportunity to evolve. Whatever the outcome, I hope this experience is used for change and growth. All JMO.

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:19 pm

IMO, both Peter and Madison got hurt during this process, so per Peter himself "after a lot of honest conversations" they determined that it was best that they not pursue a relationship.

IMO, their televised Bachelor relationship was still at best in the early fledgling stages of even becoming a real relationship, simply because I doubt that they had ever had any real meaningful and honest conversations between them while on the show.

IMO, it was in their best interest to end all of the speculation now so that they can both move forward separately.  It might also be a good idea to take a break from SM altogether as well.

IMO, this season was doomed from the beginning.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 70 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 66 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+80
Lucas15
dee
Jaybird
iamreal2u
Parrots Hilton