SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #6

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #6

Post by Lucas15 Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:23 am

Kashathediva wrote:
blueblues wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Even though many wanted Becca to be the next Bachelorette, TPTB still apparently held that carrot out to other women. 
It may be possible that TPTB used that same tactic with Arie: you will do _________ or we will not offer Becca the Bachelorette role. It will go to others being considered instead. That could be where this is coming from. 
It was done to Jason in order for him to film the ATFR stuff. He was told Molly was going to be the next Bachelorette.
Jason was in love with Molly and would have lost her if she became Bachelorette.
That was not the case with Arie, and with his obvious lack of consideration for Becca, I don’t think he could care less.
JMO
I know this appears farfetched to those who don't like Arie. 
But TPTB do things like this.
 I don't think Arie dislikes Becca. She simply is not the one for him. In his mind, if the only way he could resolve the situation he was in was to do certain things, regardless of the sense of it, that is what his mind told him to do. I don't think he had to be in love with Becca to want this for her and he is consistent with saying that is what he wanted. 
Apparently, Becca wants this, too.  If Becca did not want the gig, IMO, this would be worse, but she obviously wants it and is happy about it.

Well IIRC Jason has said that TPTB told him that they wanted him to help them portray Melissa as the victim:

"The biggest thing [producers said to me prior to filming After The Final Rose] was, 'Jason, we [now] want Melissa to be the next Bachelorette," he explained. "Because we're going to let you ask Molly out, and you can't do that away from the camera because you're under a five million dollar contract [to not make contact with the runner-up], we need your help to have America feel for Melissa in the same way they felt for you when DeAnna [Pappas] dumped you. The fans just need to feel sorry for Melissa. Work with us and we'll let you have Molly.' That's what they told me."
source
Notice here how they worked in the threat of the contract just for good measure - to put some "fear of God" into Jason's mind - in addition to the creating the perception that he would be helping Melissa get something he was led to believe she wanted - as well as getting what he really wanted. It was very clever IMO but totally manipulative.

TPTB really aren't very creative, IMO - if a thing worked once they go back to it again (and again - wash / rinse / repeat) so I don't have to waste too many of my "imagination cells" to think that they told something very similar to Arie to make him to believe that he was really doing Becca (in her role as the next bachelorette) a favor by filming their breakup - just to get him to do it their way. As it turns out Becca (unlike Melissa) did want the role (else why has she accepted it?).

CH's comments:

"Well, then he was thinking far ahead of the game. That's a decision that the Bachelors are never involved in, so unless he was just being incredibly creative and thinking as a producer and trying to produce the show as well as break up with a girl and make the switch, which, if he did, I am incredibly impressed."
source

Are IMO full of sheet. No - leads are not part of the decision but IMO TPTB plan far ahead for the next season and (as in Jason's case) are certainly not above manipulating a past lead (or anyone else for that matter) to help them execute their plan and CH knows this because he's one of "them". At least to my eyes the behind the scenes story board has never been so clearly seen as it has been on this season. That's probably a story better told in a subsequent post, but it began with the first fake proposal to Becca at the M&G, continued with the second manipulated proposal to Becca at the FRC and ended with a breakup giving the new bachelorette the greatest send off for her season in the history of the show.

All of this is JMHO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #6 - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #6

Post by stuckinsc Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:36 am

grace8136 wrote:
North wrote:Full speed ahead!

Arie Luyendyk Jr. & Lauren Burnham Have 'Talked About Running Away to Vegas' to Elope

These are my favorite snippets:
“We want to get married soon, and we also talked about eloping,” Burnham, 26, told reporters during a teleconference on Wednesday, as Luyendyk Jr., 36, added, “We’ve talked about running away to Vegas.”
It smells like teen spirit, nope it smells like desperation. Vegas is a little crazy for them, no? Interesting choice.

*sniped*

Sounds like MF could have gotten his ATFR wedding. I'm surprised he didn't go for that, it's not like he worries about jumping the shark.

I am disappointed because this was the perfect AFTR wedding couple. Can you imagine? Give them a five minute wedding and then turn the focus to Becca for the last 30 minutes.

A Vegas wedding is perfect, though they are driving across country so maybe they find a quirky place along the way. 

I am just ready for them to stop talking and go away. All JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:41 am

Oh, man. I'm so disappointed we didn't get the AFR wedding we all needed and deserved! It would have been perfect for them. A venue as classy as they are!

IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by timfan Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:41 am

Lauren probably wants to get married asap before arie changes his mind jmo also I saw GMA did interview becca but it was after the aftr show not very long
timfan
timfan

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:50 am

Aria wrote:Oh, man. I'm so disappointed we didn't get the AFR wedding we all needed and deserved! It would have been perfect for them. A venue as classy as they are!

IMO.
Has this been posted? Hilarious reaction to the proposal.  cantstopl
Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #6 - Page 20 DXv-E3aWAAAHmSt?format=jpg
https://twitter.com/MoirasRedShoes/status/971649523322941440

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 am

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2018/tv/news/bachelor-arie-becca-lauren-breakup-proposal-bachelorette-1202720988/amp/

Interesting read. I don’t think I’m buying that they just happen to have filmed happy couple visits of Arie and Becca.  I really do think that they know Arie too well that if there will be a guy who will have a hard time and do the Mesnick, it is Arie!  The guy is so indecisive and if they have psychologists on the payroll, it’s possible they just saw how easy it is to manipulate Arie into doing what they want.  The guy needs a lot of egging and prodding for lack of his own balls. Also, he’s a guy who has had a hard on for the Bachelor franchise for so long. I can’t remember the season when he was really hoping it was going to be him and it didn’t happen. After that he started dating his friend Jenna. I used to like Arie so I followed his IG ever since (but unfollowed him yesterday)! Anyway, they must know that he’ll do whatever they want and they struck gold! **IMO** Going by what Millsy says, it’s possible we will see happy couple visits going forward. I don’t buy the conspiracy theory, as some alluded to, that the producers, Becca and Arie are all in on it (Queen Libby the only victim in the process) and we’re acting. Too much acting necessary to pull it off in such a fashion that people will really empathize with her. She should then pursue Hollywood. Arie’s character flaws being a cheater, liar, manipulative, indecisive and lack of integrity is not Becca’s fault. She did not raise him!  JMO IMO IMHO

Last edited by SarahD on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:55 am

SarahD wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2018/tv/news/bachelor-arie-becca-lauren-breakup-proposal-bachelorette-1202720988/amp/

Interesting read. I don’t think I’m buying that they just happen to have filmed happy couple visits of Arie and Becca.  I really do think that they know Arie too well that if there will be a guy who will have a hard time and do the Mesnick, it is Arie!  The guy is so indecisive and if they have psychologists on the payroll, it’s possible they just saw how easy it is to manipulate Arie into doing what they want.  The guy needs a lot of egging and prodding for lack of his own balls. Also, he’s a guy who has had a hard on for the Bachelor franchise for so long. I can’t remember the season when he was really hoping it was going to be him and it didn’t happen. After that he started dating his friend Jenna. I used to like Arie so I followed his IG ever since (but unfollowed him yesterday)! Anyway, they must know that he’ll do whatever they want and they struck gold! *IMO*  Going by what Millsy says, it’s possible we will see happy couple visits going forward. *EDIT*  Too much acting necessary to pull it off in such a fashion that people will really empathize with her. *EDIT* She should then pursue Hollywood. Arie’s character flaws being a cheater, liar, manipulative, indecisive and lack of integrity is not Becca’s fault. She did not raise him!  JMO IMO IMHO

I read elsewhere that the couple visits are the couple and 1 producer and that they do use an iPhone to shoot some video at times. I can buy that scenario more than a full on camera crew at the visits.

The interesting part of that article to me was this:

How long after the breakup did ABC ask Becca to be “The Bachelorette?”

You have to be respectful. You can’t say, “You just had your heart broken. Do you want to meet 25 new guys?” It was a very slow process. Fortunately, we had time because this was mid-January and the finale doesn’t air until mid-March. I know two months doesn’t seem like a lot, and the feelings are still raw, but she still just wanted to keep trying. I think when you’ve had great tragedy in your life, like she’s had, there is a resilience that starts to come in, and you realize that for better or worse, life goes on and you’re better off taking a chance. So we moved slowly [asking her to be “The Bachelorette”], but when she came around to it, it got really exciting. It started very slowly and then it got very serious in the middle of February. She actually hadn’t signed until basically a couple of days ago, so it was definitely a lot of thinking. She’s also very close with her family and I don’t know if her family wanted her to jump right back into a show that caused her so much heartbreak, but they are supportive and that’s fantastic.

That explains the WTA audition of Tia. IMO they wanted Becca but knew it wasn't in the bag so turned to Tia as the backup. Her WTA couch talk was the setup to her being in the role if Becca turned them down.

All Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #6 - Page 20 1646190589

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:18 am

And I've got this bridge for sale....! giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:29 am

tigertiz wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Even though many wanted Becca to be the next Bachelorette, TPTB still apparently held that carrot out to other women. 
It may be possible that TPTB used that same tactic with Arie: you will do _________ or we will not offer Becca the Bachelorette role. It will go to others being considered instead. That could be where this is coming from. 
It was done to Jason in order for him to film the ATFR stuff. He was told Molly was going to be the next Bachelorette.
Exactly Kasha. I believe that the producers told him that if h filmed the break up then Becca could be The Bachelorette... It sounds exactly like what they would say.  I just dont think it was true.  She had to have been their first, second, third and fourth choice all wrapped into one.  And both Arie and Becca should have realized that, and called their bluff.  
This is exactly how I read the situation.  Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #6 - Page 20 4256136633

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:35 am

Storybook wrote:What I don't understand is if Lauren has had two failed engagements and now finally a wedding, why is she happy to elope to Las Vegas? I would've though she would want 'the whole kit and caboodle', but instead she is settling for a quickie ceremony, and a few guests.
I believe that was clarified and corrected that it was not 2 engagements. It was one.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:41 am

I don't believe CH about much but I'm totally buying what he said about doubting that Arie wanted the live filming to help Becca be Bachelorette. It was very clear that Becca's feelings were the last thing on Arie's mind on that day unless he thought that being an a$$ was the way to go about it. no no I love he's changing things with each interview. Of course they wanted to film it and he clearly went along with it. He's taking flak for doing it so now comes the excuses. Doing it for Becca's sake? Really, Arie? Not buying it for 1 second. no

Arie probably wanted to get Lauren to elope to Vegas before she found the things he did and said with Becca all the while pursuing Lauren. If she really thinks about it, she'll realize that a fiance who goes behind one's back will do it with his new fiancee at some point. JMO Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #6 - Page 20 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15490

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:47 am

If Arie had broken up with Becca in the middle of January so that she could have become the Bette ... then why not breaking up with her in December? ... He needed 1 whole month to figure out that he couldn't forget Lauren? ... Or did he need Lauren's positive response, so that he could finally let go of Becca? Oh, I'm sure Arie knew that there was possibility of offering the gig to Becca, if single ... but he didn't broke up with her "only then" because of it.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #6

+60
Newto
Aunties_Love
bluwavz
mindless
kraft33