SELECT CONTENT

Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 24 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

metoo - Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:25 am

North wrote:

Yeah, I thought the "social" part of "social media" was to engage with people, particularly with people following you. To me, Bekah's video response was her engaging (being social) with those followers who commented on her last post. I didn't think it was snarky -- I think she's using the vehicle exactly as it is designed. IMO.

These "rules" people keep trying to impose on the person they follow is absurd  (IMO). I've seen quite a few of these comments recently on instagram -- "Only post happy photos, the news makes me depressed." "Don't shill, I don't care about FitTea!" or "I don't come here for your political commentary -- I just like your pretty pictures."  Quick solution for all those whiners: UNFOLLOW.

If you don't like a person's photos or commentary -- just unfollow. Bekah's not making anyone follow her and she's not beholden to what her followers want to see on HER instagram account. And, she's doing what social media was designed to do: engage with others -- the ones who agree with you and the one's who don't. That's why it is called SOCIAL MEDIA!  

All IMO.

IA however it's not a perfect world and that's not, from what I see, how SM is being used. It becomes a free for all with a wide variety of opinions including cruel and nasty posts. I just had a look to see if she posted anything recent. The comments are disgusting on her latest post. Is she going to deal with every post that she doesn't agree with? IMO you either ignore block or respond. Giving a vid on SM 101 and the etiquette of one's opinions is not the way to go IMHO.

There are other former contestants who have done the same thing Lauren, Peter, and I have said the same thing, suck it up. Same goes for Bekah, if you want to shill and be relevant, post your opinions especially on political views I say good for you but if you can dish it out, be prepared to take it MO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

metoo - Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by North Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:02 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
North wrote:

Yeah, I thought the "social" part of "social media" was to engage with people, particularly with people following you. To me, Bekah's video response was her engaging (being social) with those followers who commented on her last post. I didn't think it was snarky -- I think she's using the vehicle exactly as it is designed. IMO.

These "rules" people keep trying to impose on the person they follow is absurd  (IMO). I've seen quite a few of these comments recently on instagram -- "Only post happy photos, the news makes me depressed." "Don't shill, I don't care about FitTea!" or "I don't come here for your political commentary -- I just like your pretty pictures."  Quick solution for all those whiners: UNFOLLOW.

If you don't like a person's photos or commentary -- just unfollow. Bekah's not making anyone follow her and she's not beholden to what her followers want to see on HER instagram account. And, she's doing what social media was designed to do: engage with others -- the ones who agree with you and the one's who don't. That's why it is called SOCIAL MEDIA!  

All IMO.

IA however it's not a perfect world and that's not, from what I see, how SM is being used. It becomes a free for all with a wide variety of opinions including cruel and nasty posts. I just had a look to see if she posted anything recent. The comments are disgusting on her latest post. Is she going to deal with every post that she doesn't agree with? IMO you either ignore block or respond. Giving a vid on SM 101 and the etiquette of one's opinions is not the way to go IMHO.

There are other former contestants who have done the same thing Lauren, Peter, and I have said the same thing, suck it up. Same goes for Bekah, if you want to shill and be relevant, post your opinions especially on political views I say good for you but if you can dish it out, be prepared to take it MO.

Thank you for your response but I respectfully disagree. Everyone can use Social Media as they see fit -- that's what's so great about it. Post, not post, ignore, block, or respond. Do what you want, it is your account! There are very few user agreement rules within Instagram and NONE state what you must post and/or the hierarchy of how and when you respond to comments posted on your account.

Bekah was using her Social Media account as she sees fit. Not how you or I think she should be using it or based on aggregate behaviors of how others use Social Media. She was responding to comments on her own Instagram account. Period. Now followers can dislike what Bekah posted when she originally posted or her response to comments -- that's totally cool. Instagram is designed for both engagement (allowing comments), and non-engagement (privacy and blocking-comments) -- users can allow for as much or as little engagement as they want. And Bekah can ignore, block, or respond whenever and to whatever comments she wants.

I just don't understand these rules followers keep trying to apply to others' Social Media accounts. Let those folks do what they want -- shill, rant, cry, -- ignore, respond, block...it is their account. And if followers don't like it -- they can easily and quickly unfollow. Problem solved.

This discussion reminded me of something my grandmother used to say: Don't come unannounced to my house and demand a different dinner.

All IMO.

*When I say let others do what they want, I obviously mean within legal reason.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:25 am

I like to say don't come into my house and start rearranging my furniture (or cabinets). 
This is simply human nature. IMO Right or wrong. 
Example: being told how to run this forum. LOL  rofl

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:19 pm

I'm not sure if I'm not making myself clear, and apologize if so. I am not saying she has to rearrange her SM and abide to some unwritten rule. I never once said she shouldn't post anything that might create negative responses or she shouldn't post her opinions. She can say whatever she likes, and she should, I personally don't care. I don't follow her. All I'm saying is don't act like you're the first person in the world that has to deal with negativity and act all snob'ish with a vid, that's the way I see it. Other's disagree, and that's fine. These are my opinions on what I saw when I watched her vid.

She can respond in any manner she wants, whether it be by vid, or posting responses, whatever, it's her SM, go wild, however her actions will generate unfavourable opinions whether she likes them or not. To me it's the manner in which contestants deal with that negativity on SM that sometimes tells me who they are off camera.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by North Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:39 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I'm not sure if I'm not making myself clear, and apologize if so. I am not saying she has to rearrange her SM and abide to some unwritten rule. I never once said she shouldn't post anything that might create negative responses or she shouldn't post her opinions. She can say whatever she likes, and she should, I personally don't care. I don't follow her. All I'm saying is don't act like you're the first person in the world that has to deal with negativity and act all snob'ish with a vid, that's the way I see it. Other's disagree, and that's fine. These are my opinions on what I saw when I watched her vid.

She can respond in any manner she wants, whether it be by vid, or posting responses, whatever, it's her SM, go wild, however her actions will generate unfavourable opinions whether she likes them or not.  To me it's the manner in which contestants deal with that negativity on SM that sometimes tells me who they are off camera.

Respectful apologies, I guess I am a little confused. I appreciate that you don't care and don't follow Bekah - neither do I. But I am confused by the first bolded statement above:

All I'm saying is don't act like you're the first person in the world that has to deal with negativity and act all snob'ish with a vid, that's the way I see it.

I can't reconcile the "don't act like you're the first person..." statement with the following statement "She can respond in any manner she wants." How does that work?

I do agree with your last quote -- how people react to negativity and stress, not only on SM but in real life -- offers great insight into a person's true character. In this instance, I think the perception of Bekah's response is in the eyes of the beholder. Some see this response as appropriate whereas others are offended and think it juvenile. Different perception, different opinion -- that's life.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:44 pm

For me, people who are celebrities or semi-celebrities are going to be criticized for their SM posts.  It just comes with the territory. (See:  JKL Mean Tweets).  I can't even call Bekah a celebrity though, even though she desperately wants to be one.  She has every right to post whatever she wants because, well, 'Merica, but her lack of maturity shows when she records a follow up video telling everyone that she has her own opinions and the public can have their own opinions.  Duh, Bekah.  Do you think people don't know this?  Many Bach contestants get slammed on SM on a daily basis, but you don't see them doing what Bekah did, which just shows she is really immature.  Oh well, she will learn as she ages.  peace jmo
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Really? I feel like almost every single Bachelor contestant is overly sensitive and can't stand to be criticized and goes on a clapback/liking spree whenever someone disagrees with them or insults them even slightly. And, I don't really see the difference in what she did versus disabling commenting or deleting comments. It all shows some degree of an inability to take criticism, IMO. And we've got people pushing 40 who are doing that.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Do they record follow up videos to their most recent posts? It seems to me that some clap back at the negative comments and some choose to ignore them. The ones who ignore them handle it with more maturity, imho.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:09 pm

@North

I love your grandmother's take on this, and yours.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:06 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:For me, people who are celebrities or semi-celebrities are going to be criticized for their SM posts.  It just comes with the territory. (See:  JKL Mean Tweets).  I can't even call Bekah a celebrity though, even though she desperately wants to be one.  She has every right to post whatever she wants because, well, 'Merica, but her lack of maturity shows when she records a follow up video telling everyone that she has her own opinions and the public can have their own opinions.  Duh, Bekah.  Do you think people don't know this?  Many Bach contestants get slammed on SM on a daily basis, but you don't see them doing what Bekah did, which just shows she is really immature.  Oh well, she will learn as she ages.  peace  jmo
Sometimes it honestly seems like people actually don't know that imo. Folks on the internet always try to police what people post and tell them what they can and can't say, and that was definitely happening in Bekah's comment section. Additionally I think there are very few people in this franchise, I could probably count them on one hand, who have never responded to negative comments.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:Do they record follow up videos to their most recent posts?  It seems to me that some clap back at the negative comments and some choose to ignore them.  The ones who ignore them handle it with more maturity, imho.  

Does it matter if the follow-up is in video form or a tweet or a like? The sentiment is exactly the same. And I literally can't think of a single person who hasn't responded to criticism in some way or another in this franchise at some point. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Aria wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:Do they record follow up videos to their most recent posts?  It seems to me that some clap back at the negative comments and some choose to ignore them.  The ones who ignore them handle it with more maturity, imho.  

Does it matter if the follow-up is in video form or a tweet or a like? The sentiment is exactly the same. And I literally can't think of a single person who hasn't responded to criticism in some way or another in this franchise at some point. IMO.
I know of one person that doesn't care what people post or say . Never has taken a nasty comment down or replies to them in a snarky matter. Just does not care ! JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+66
nuts2uiam
nd4reality
alwayscooking
Chgohighlife
eliza3