SELECT CONTENT

Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 25 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

metoo - Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:01 pm

whit90 wrote:
Aria wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:Do they record follow up videos to their most recent posts?  It seems to me that some clap back at the negative comments and some choose to ignore them.  The ones who ignore them handle it with more maturity, imho.  

Does it matter if the follow-up is in video form or a tweet or a like? The sentiment is exactly the same. And I literally can't think of a single person who hasn't responded to criticism in some way or another in this franchise at some point. IMO.
I know of one person that doesn't care what people post or say . Never has taken a nasty comment down or replies to them in a snarky matter. Just does not care ! JMO

That is one rare bird....so the exception, not the rule. Are you speaking of Bryan?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

metoo - Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by whit90 Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:44 pm

H
Sprite wrote:
whit90 wrote:
Aria wrote:

Does it matter if the follow-up is in video form or a tweet or a like? The sentiment is exactly the same. And I literally can't think of a single person who hasn't responded to criticism in some way or another in this franchise at some point. IMO.
I know of one person that doesn't care what people post or say . Never has taken a nasty comment down or replies to them in a snarky matter. Just does not care ! JMO

That is one rare bird....so the exception, not the rule. Are you speaking of Bryan?
Now that makes it two Bryan is very good on SM too.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by North Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:06 am

Mommyof2 wrote:For me, people who are celebrities or semi-celebrities are going to be criticized for their SM posts.  It just comes with the territory. (See:  JKL Mean Tweets).  I can't even call Bekah a celebrity though, even though she desperately wants to be one.  She has every right to post whatever she wants because, well, 'Merica, but her lack of maturity shows when she records a follow up video telling everyone that she has her own opinions and the public can have their own opinions.  Duh, Bekah.  Do you think people don't know this?  Many Bach contestants get slammed on SM on a daily basis, but you don't see them doing what Bekah did, which just shows she is really immature.  Oh well, she will learn as she ages.  peace  jmo

IMO, that just means those celebrities or semi-celebrities are using THEIR Social Media in a different fashion. They chose not to respond, Bekah chose to respond. I don't see what the huge transgression is here. I am confused about the perceived transgression here -- is it because she responded, is it how she responded, or some other variable?

Again, I feel like I am on repeat here: not everyone has to use Social Media in the same way. And why in the world would the public (and followers) want them to?

Last edited by North on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 am

It does open up an interesting discussion: how to individually handle your own social media. 
I made a personal decision about 18 months ago to limit certain things appearing (by friends) on my social media. I no longer wanted to be deluged with others certain opinions/beliefs, whether they agreed or not with my own in this area. I simply didn't want to see that stuff anymore, and I don't!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:29 am

Kashathediva wrote:It does open up an interesting discussion: how to individually handle your own social media. 
I made a personal decision about 18 months ago to limit certain things appearing (by friends) on my social media. I no longer wanted to be deluged with others certain opinions/beliefs, whether they agreed or not with my own in this area. I simply didn't want to see that stuff anymore, and I don't!

I had a childhood friend 'unfriend' me on FB because we had different viewpoints.  A few months later she sent me another friend request.  Okay, fine, I accepted.  A few weeks ago, she unfriended me again.  laugh out loud   Make up your mind, lady!  rotfl  My FB feed is full of people with differing opinions, but it doesn't mean I get offended every time someone posts something controversial.  If it becomes redundant, then I might "mute" them, but it takes A LOT (in my best JPG voice laugh out loud ) to delete or block someone.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:35 am

Aria wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:Do they record follow up videos to their most recent posts?  It seems to me that some clap back at the negative comments and some choose to ignore them.  The ones who ignore them handle it with more maturity, imho.  

My point is she was offended that others were offended and felt the need to tell those individuals that she doesn't care if they are offended. laugh out loud I'm just going to go back to calling her Baby Beks because that is exactly what she is...a baby. Jmo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:10 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
Aria wrote:

My point is she was offended that others were offended and felt the need to tell those individuals that she doesn't care if they are offended. laugh out loud  I'm just going to go back to calling her Baby Beks because that is exactly what she is...a baby.  Jmo.  

I didn't see it as her being offended. My interpretation was that she saw people criticising her point of view and she acknowledged them and their right to say what they feel, but at the same time wants them to recognize that she has the same right.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:It does open up an interesting discussion: how to individually handle your own social media. 

I had a childhood friend 'unfriend' me on FB because we had different viewpoints.  A few months later she sent me another friend request.  Okay, fine, I accepted.  A few weeks ago, she unfriended me again.  laugh out loud   Make up your mind, lady!  rotfl  My FB feed is full of people with differing opinions, but it doesn't mean I get offended every time someone posts something controversial.  If it becomes redundant, then I might "mute" them, but it takes A LOT (in my best not JPG voice laugh out loud ) to delete or block someone.
I didn't unfriend. I unfollowed. So they have no clue that I'm not seeing their POV is my assumption. 
I don't want to see any of the political back and forth etc that goes on in my feed. This is regardless of my personal feelings. I don't want to see it --period. It was OTT, constant, crazy with a few people. I don't need that cray.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Sprite wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:
Aria wrote:

My point is she was offended that others were offended and felt the need to tell those individuals that she doesn't care if they are offended. laugh out loud  I'm just going to go back to calling her Baby Beks because that is exactly what she is...a baby.  Jmo.  

I didn't see it as her being offended. My interpretation was that she saw people criticising her point of view and she acknowledged them and their right to say what they feel, but at the same time wants them to recognize that she has the same right.

I wonder where did all the Bekah love go that was shown to her when she was on the show????
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:47 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:

I had a childhood friend 'unfriend' me on FB because we had different viewpoints.  A few months later she sent me another friend request.  Okay, fine, I accepted.  A few weeks ago, she unfriended me again.  laugh out loud   Make up your mind, lady!  rotfl  My FB feed is full of people with differing opinions, but it doesn't mean I get offended every time someone posts something controversial.  If it becomes redundant, then I might "mute" them, but it takes A LOT (in my best not JPG voice laugh out loud ) to delete or block someone.
I didn't unfriend. I unfollowed. So they have no clue that I'm not seeing their POV is my assumption. 
I don't want to see any of the political back and forth etc that goes on in my feed. This is regardless of my personal feelings. I don't want to see it --period. It was OTT, constant, crazy with a few people. I don't need that cray.

I'm with you Kasha. I had to do the same for a good friend. Great guy, one of the nicest people I know, but just too OTT about his political views on SM. It is a constant barrage of negativity against the party he does not support. Like way, way, way OTT. I don't mind a post here and there but it would be multiple posts a day, every day. When we get together, he knows not to talk politics with me because politically we are polar opposites, but on pretty much everything else we are very similar. In person, he is very respectful. I don't know why he is this way on SM. I suggested to him that perhaps he should turn it down a notch, but he continued, so I unfollowed.

Last edited by Sprite on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:36 pm

LoveDovez wrote:snipped

I wonder where did all the Bekah love go that was shown to her when she was on the show????

For me it started with her elimination. She was so heartbroken because she wished people would get past her age and see her for what she is paraphrasing. Bekah you're 22 yrs old, that's who you are, on a dating show, pretending you want to marry a 36 yr old.  IMO she is not anywhere near ready for marriage but she put on a good act. Her segment on JK pretty much did me in. She IMO tries to be so "mature", her sarcastic facial expressions I find are very annoying especially when JK brought up Tia, and I just choked when she said she's been a fan of TB for years, years? she's 22 yrs old.  CH announced she was going to be on BIP and she later was quoted in a tabloid, saying she wasn't asked. Calling TPTB liars? laugh out loud Her bachelor casting photo in overall's with boobage, Bekah and Peter hearts after she finished filming was so childish IMO. To me, she's trying to be so grown up so different with her distracting earrings, and yet, she acts like a child IMHO. I thought she was adorable when first sleuthed, but for me, this is a prime example of getting to know the real contestant post filming and her SM behaviour isn't helping.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Sprite wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:

I'm with you Kasha. I had to do the same for a good friend. Great guy, one of the nicest people I know, but just too OTT about his political views on SM. It is a constant barrage of negativity against the party he does not support. Like way, way, way OTT. I don't mind a post here and there but it would be multiple posts a day, every day. When we get together, he knows not to talk politics with me because politically we are polar opposites, but on pretty much everything else we are very similar. In person, he is very respectful. I don't know why he is this way on SM. I suggested to him that perhaps he should turn it down a notch, but he continued, so in unfollowed.
@Sprite 
I found myself in the exact scenario.  metoo - Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 25 4256136633
At this stage of my life, I want health and happiness, which personally translates to me wanting my loved ones, whether human or animal form to be OK. Loved. Happy. Healthy. Then me having same if there were any bonus points left. 
I don't ask for much more. There is so much strife I see all the time on tv alone and have had to deal with in my own life/ job etc. I am pretty placid at this point. I can cherish the calm. 
Kum baya! group hug

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+66
nuts2uiam
nd4reality
alwayscooking
Chgohighlife
eliza3