SELECT CONTENT

Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

metoo - Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:10 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BhzfV_SBh9O/

Whoops.  Becca keeps inserting her foot into her mouth lately.  

Respectfully disagree. Bekah is free to share her opinions on the platforms she wishes. The rest of us read at our own risk - same as anything online.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5420

Back to top Go down

metoo - Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by albean99 Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:32 pm

That is a hot button issue but I have no problem with Bekah sharing her viewpoint. There are a lot of young people speaking out on gun control right now and I love seeing it. If you can't speak out when you're young, when can you? To me it's so much better than being jaded and thinking you can't do anything. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks but they need to have tough skins. metoo - Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 23 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15499

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:33 pm

albean99 wrote:That is a hot button issue but I have no problem with Bekah sharing her viewpoint. There are a lot of young people speaking out on gun control right now and I love seeing it. If you can't speak out when you're young, when can you? To me it's so much better than being jaded and thinking you can't do anything. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks but they need to have tough skins. metoo - Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion - Page 23 4256136633
thumbsup I respect all the young people speaking up on a continuing problem in this country. It is part of what my relatives who were in the military fought in five different wars for, that we have that freedom to state our opinions.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:56 pm

She has every right to speak about whatever she wishes, however people did not agree with her post and made their viewpoint known. Some were downright mean about it. A few hours later she is recording a snarky video about everyone has a right to their own opinions. Blah, blah, blah. When you are in the public eye, you are going to get criticized on SM. She should have just let it go, but it does show her lack of maturity. All imo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:12 am

Imo I have no issue if she records a snarky response to MEAN comments she got about gun control. These mean commenters are in the wrong. If they can't discuss issues like gun control, or allow Bekah to have her opinion without getting mean, then they need to stay off her page. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:27 am

Yeah...I've snarked on Bekah before, but I truly don't understand how saying that "everyone has a right to their own opinion" is in anyway immature. Whether it's said with a snarky tone or not, she's completely right in her sentiment. Immature would have been to attack people. Cowardly would have been to delete her previous video. She did neither, but responded to the criticism with a simple fact. I think it's pretty darn impressive that she's one of the few Bachelor people who actually thinks about real issues outside of their latest hook-up and IG followers and has the courage to post about her opinions, knowing that many will unfollow or attack her for difference of opinion. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:30 am

If Bekah was mature enough IMO she'd understand that the only way to keep mean people off her page is to disable comments.

I don't care who you are, if you're going to post a political statement on SM you will get a variety of opinions, just like she stated herself and there will be mean cruel remarks. It happens a cuzzilion times a day. So, IMO she can post all she wants, she has that right, but don't get your nose out of joint because there are mean people on SM that don't agree. I would much rather see her totally ignore those comments, rather than posting a vid rolling her yes, and making prominent facial expressions, like I'm dumb and she's the smartest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:05 am

She’s certainly not the only Bach person who can’t ignore the comments and some are a lot older. She has had her immature moments that show her age but this isn’t one of them, imo.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15499

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:19 pm

I don't get how the mature response is to disable comments? She responded...politely, I thought. She knows not everyone will agree with her and she seems okay with that. She even mentions that some of her family doesn't agree with her...and she seems fine with that too. She did not delete her post or throw a fit. Others have been criticised for disabling comments because they didn't like them...and they were criticized as well. I don't have a problem with how she handled this particular issue. Some other stuff...yes. This...no.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by North Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Sprite wrote:I don't get how the mature response is to disable comments? She responded...politely, I thought. She knows not everyone will agree with her and she seems okay with that. She even mentions that some of her family doesn't agree with her...and she seems fine with that too. She did not delete her post or throw a fit. Others have been criticised for disabling comments because they didn't like them...and they were criticized as well. I don't have a problem with how she handled this particular issue. Some other stuff...yes. This...no.

Yeah, I thought the "social" part of "social media" was to engage with people, particularly with people following you. To me, Bekah's video response was her engaging (being social) with those followers who commented on her last post. I didn't think it was snarky -- I think she's using the vehicle exactly as it is designed. IMO.

These "rules" people keep trying to impose on the person they follow is absurd (IMO). I've seen quite a few of these comments recently on instagram -- "Only post happy photos, the news makes me depressed." "Don't shill, I don't care about FitTea!" or "I don't come here for your political commentary -- I just like your pretty pictures." Quick solution for all those whiners: UNFOLLOW.

If you don't like a person's photos or commentary -- just unfollow. Bekah's not making anyone follow her and she's not beholden to what her followers want to see on HER instagram account. And, she's doing what social media was designed to do: engage with others -- the ones who agree with you and the one's who don't. That's why it is called SOCIAL MEDIA!

All IMO.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:31 pm

@North Great post! clapping!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:21 am

Nah. She was definitely being snarky. No need to even record a follow up video in the first place unless you are feeling insecure about it. Imo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bekah Martinez - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+66
nuts2uiam
nd4reality
alwayscooking
Chgohighlife
eliza3