SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 63 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by stoneleigh Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:21 pm

natik wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:
Billysmom wrote:Which htd would you say had the greatest amt of seeming conflict? What does that suggest re f1?

Conflict from external sources (family/friends) - Tara and Flo. Internal conflict - Laura, but only a little bit at the end, and probably producer driven. I feel like Laura's conflict was just made up though, to try and give a plausible finale. Do I sound cynical? I probably shouldn't have watched Unreal! giggling

From my point of view Laura`s doubt is extended not into an F1 doubt edit but into an F2 doubt edit. I know I wrote it maybe too often but for me it resembles the one with Olena from Richie`s season. Richie was physically very attracted to Olena and he pushed her as well as Matty Laura to say to him what Olena felt for him. And we also presumed after the finale that if Olena would not had over smarted the producers Richie would have taken her as the F2 and not Nikki. As already stated by @Storybook I think Matty has second thoughts with Laura. And as a viewer I have seconds thoughts about her feelings for him too. I mean if you are falling in love with this guy then it's time to let your guards down but she is still too intensive, too closed off, she overthinks too much. I have a vibe like she is trying to convince herself that she likes Matty but it seems like she is not feeling it for real. IMO

We know from the teaser in episode 1 that Laura does at least say "I am falling in love with you". She does get there at some point!

stoneleigh

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Schnitty4lyf wrote:RE: calling his F1 'Cindy', I know it has been suggested that it could be an allusion to Cinderella - if that is the case then that would certainly imply Elise and her 'cinderella' story. But I just remembered, isn't his bike called Cindy? I remember that was one of the questions in the compatibility board game in Ep 4. I could be wrong but I thought they cut to Laura laughing after he said it - maybe it's a inside joke between them? just a thought...

Thank you so much for sharing
i was not around here when it was discussed bestbud!

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:26 pm

stoneleigh wrote:
natik wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:

Conflict from external sources (family/friends) - Tara and Flo. Internal conflict - Laura, but only a little bit at the end, and probably producer driven. I feel like Laura's conflict was just made up though, to try and give a plausible finale. Do I sound cynical? I probably shouldn't have watched Unreal! giggling

From my point of view Laura`s doubt is extended not into an F1 doubt edit but into an F2 doubt edit. I know I wrote it maybe too often but for me it resembles the one with Olena from Richie`s season. Richie was physically very attracted to Olena and he pushed her as well as Matty Laura to say to him what Olena felt for him. And we also presumed after the finale that if Olena would not had over smarted the producers Richie would have taken her as the F2 and not Nikki. As already stated by @Storybook I think Matty has second thoughts with Laura. And as a viewer I have seconds thoughts about her feelings for him too. I mean if you are falling in love with this guy then it's time to let your guards down but she is still too intensive, too closed off, she overthinks too much. I have a vibe like she is trying to convince herself that she likes Matty but it seems like she is not feeling it for real. IMO

We know from the teaser in episode 1 that Laura does at least say "I am falling in love with you". She does get there at some point!

Well I didn't said that she is not going to be there. I said that she thinks or is pushing herself to be there and to fall in love with him it does not mean that she is falling for him for real. If you are falling for a person for real you are not overthinking it you are not capable to think rational and that is what Laura doing she thinks instead of feels.

It's only my speculations but yes she is saying "I am falling in love with you..." but I have the feeling like they cut it out in the middle of the sentence and that there is going to be a "BUT". IMO
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:35 pm

To add to my previous comment. We have two contrasts Elise and Laura. Laura is constantly trying to get a validation from Matty from her sister and that is overthinking because she is not feeling it but she is trying to push herself to feeling it. That is rational thinking.

And we have Elise who simple said during her HTD in a voice over "I know that my heart can be broken at the end of this but at the same time I can walk out of it with someone who I am in love with". That is not rational thinking that is thinking of a person who is falling in love for real. IMO
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:49 pm

natik wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:
Billysmom wrote:Which htd would you say had the greatest amt of seeming conflict? What does that suggest re f1?

natik your post is spot on IMO.
I have thought a lot about these HTD's. I can't take anything from previous series and apply it as a clue to who wins. Only the goodbyes struck me as noteworthy. Elise was the only one who when leaving did Matty turn around, smile and wave goodbye.
Matty said in the Adelaide Advertiser question and answers posted by Mercieme (in one of the non-discussion topics), he didn't make up his mind until the final dates in Thailand. He also said the two women where very different. It comes down to whether you want to believe what Matty says. And I choose to believe him.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Storybook wrote:
natik wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:

natik your post is spot on IMO.
I have thought a lot about these HTD's. I can't take anything from previous series and apply it as a clue to who wins. Only the goodbyes struck me as noteworthy. Elise was the only one who when leaving did Matty turn around, smile and wave goodbye.

I agree with you. You have the point you can't take the HTD´s from previous seasons and take it as a clue for who is going to be F1. But you can always compare the goodbyes of the HTD. They were really spot on in the previous seasons regarding who the F1 is going to be. Matty walked away from Elise and was happy he turned around and waved with a big satisfied smile on his face.
In constrast to Laura`s he walked away with an very melancholic undertone to it. And the music highlighted it.
I think his Mimik also gave it away when Laura was speaking to him his face was blank. It was like you can read his mind and how he is starting to overthink his relationship with Laura. IMO

Last edited by natik on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:00 pm

see I am see it differently and that is okay

for me Laura needs the confirmation that matty is in love. she craves it. at this point she is very much in love already but saying it out loud means vulnerability and somehow letting go her last little thin wall she has over the situation. She is insecure and needs reinsurance that he IS ALSO in love. So for me she looked at her sister as helping her TO CONFIRM he is. During the new teaser, Laura said exactly the same thing: I know there is a very good chance that I can be very hurt in this.

BTW... this is what she said on the teaser on episode #1... (and I still stand that she was ALSO directly attacked by Jen and in the center of drama but prods decided to remove that part)

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 63 136410
my sc

also.... i am still waiting to match the: I definitely did not see this coming .... was it said when jen left and they conveniently added this VO? because nobody he cared did something that deserved this words IMO

Regarding Elise, in real life they had 100% chance to be together... but in this bubble? I think he had butterflies for laura and that was it. Perfect on paper, fantastic girl, but that is that. And BTW, 4 months since the finale, IMO all the rejectees are now pretty much over it... they are allowed to smile big IMO. Heck! I have seen people laughing during funerals....

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:08 pm

HEA wrote:see I am see it differently and that is okay

for me Laura needs the confirmation that matty is in love. she craves it. at this point she is very much in love already but saying it out loud means vulnerability and somehow letting go her last little thin wall she has over the situation. She is insecure and needs reinsurance that he IS ALSO in love. So for me she looked at her sister as helping her TO CONFIRM he is. During the new teaser, Laura said exactly the same thing: I know there is a very good chance that I can be very hurt in this.

BTW... this is what she said on the teaser on episode #1... (and I still stand that she was ALSO directly attacked by Jen and in the center of drama but prods decided to remove that part)

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 63 136410
my sc

also.... i am still waiting to match the: I definitely did not see this coming .... was it said when jen left and they conveniently added this VO? because nobody he cared did something that deserved this words IMO

Regarding Elise, in real life they had 100% chance to be together... but in this bubble? I think he had butterflies for laura and that was it. Perfect on paper, fantastic girl, but that is that. And BTW, 4 months since the finale, IMO all the rejectees are now pretty much over it... they are allowed to smile big IMO. Heck! I have seen people laughing during funerals....

As you said it's a two way street. Her insecurity can also be a result not from being in love with Matty but from being confused what she really feels. To me it seems like she is lost. She knows that she is at a point where she needs to feel it and maybe she thinks she feel it but it does not feel right to her and she is scared to be completely honest with herself. So she is reaching out to her sister for validation that this is the right thing for her and that Matty is right for her. Because she is overwhelmed by it all and can't figure out what to do. IMO
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by stoneleigh Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:17 pm

HEA wrote:see I am see it differently and that is okay

my sc

I agree with everything you said. I think Laura is insecure because she feels way more than she thought she would and she's scared. She basically told her sister that she's in love with him already but too scared to admit it.

stoneleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Yes, that's how I'm reading it as well. She was halfway gone already after their first date, jmo.
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:16 pm

Some thoughts about Elise, our dark horse.  Matty feels at ease with her, no conflict, no tension.  Although Mari was a little hard on him at first and understandably so, she warmed up to him quickly.  I think she felt he was being genuine in his words and actions.  Asking if Elise would move to Sydney was pretty big (and now we know that Elise did indeed move).  The way that Matty looked at Elise during dinner spoke volumes.  Listen to his words.  I feel I may have found someone I can have a future with.  Sometimes what you have been looking for is right there in front of you. I can see the future and it looks good.   So, to wrap it all up, I say Elise FTW!
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:21 pm

do we know when elise got words that she was moving to sydney for a job?
is it POSSIBLE that she knew before she started the show?
if so it could be cleaver edits that he asked her mom how she felt about moving to sydney..........CUT........... because she has a new job there

just thinking out loud here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+52
stoneleigh
Sunnyandhappy
Goheather
Richiebestbach
Missfi
Idlemess
Chi
Mommyof2
Ash
fabgirl
mercieme