SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Page 56 of 79 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 56 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by sfrank Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:29 am

Could be anything then, Peter hasn't even been announced as TB yet.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 56 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by makeover Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:32 am

That squad has so many messy people, I can't wait for someone to spill the tea (real) soon. I think it is all BIP related.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:24 am

BIP related? How does that affect Rachel though?
Like she seemed fine with Adam/Raven in videos do I don't think she would be mad on Sarah's behalf or something - and DLo/Kristina were never really friends (just hung out in groups) so ditto for that...

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:53 am

Rachel and the mean girl squad even only bonded over their mutual target on Nick's season, and their thirst for attention, IMO. Now that Rachel is on her last leg of her 15 minutes, these Imo fake friendships are dissolving, and we're seeing it on sm. Imo this is the side of Rachel I don't care for at all, su tweeting about petty stuff, the squad idiocy. I didn't care for it during Nick's season, and don't care for it now. It's cool when she responds back at people who come at her, but this is high school level drama, and not a good look, IMO.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:54 am

@Chgohighlife

I am often appreciated for my sense of humor but, I have to remember that it doesn't always translate.
I can relate. dizzy

And I don't get this whole friendship issue. I have friends that aren't friends with other people. I didn't do a litmus test, but some may not even like some of my friends. That's what happens sometimes as you mature. It doesn't have to be a herd mentality. You can have a close friend and that friend can still be close with some one else that you may not like and that person may not like you. It can and does happen in real life. You don't have to make a friend choose or put the friend on alert status. JMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:50 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:Rachel and the mean girl squad even only bonded over their mutual target on Nick's season, and their thirst for attention, IMO. Now that Rachel is on her last leg of her 15 minutes, these Imo fake friendships are dissolving, and we're seeing it on sm. Imo this is the side of Rachel I don't care for at all, su tweeting about petty stuff, the squad idiocy. I didn't care for it during Nick's season, and don't care for it now. It's cool when she responds back at people who come at her, but this is high school level drama, and not a good look, IMO.
:yes:  I like Rachel but I hope she didn't think any of the squad besides Astrid, Alexis and Whitney are ever her true friends.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by likeashipblown Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:42 am

Chgohighlife wrote:....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My goodness, so much is lost in translation when you "talk" electronically. I was totally agreeing with you, not disagreeing at all. I believe Rachel knows the difference. I was making fun of the fact that she makes it difficult to tell. I am not meaning to be critical of her. I have lived the Greek life much longer than she has so, I know what it teaches us and how we learn the value of sisterhood and friendship and so, my point really is she would have to know that while it is likely that there are one or two real friends in the bunch - there are some straight up fakes, as well.

I am often appreciated for my sense of humor but, I have to remember that it doesn't always translate.

@chgohighlife Oh, my bad! Lol. And, yes, I have to be careful about things not translating, too. I feel you.

Anyway, though... Yeah, we're on the same page. Greek life here, too, but I'm Generation Y, so you have seen and lived more than me, but no surprise we both draw similar conclusions on why and how the squad could have happened with her and how she might truly like some of them but likely has different ~friendship designations. Now that you say that, I think you and I both get the mutli-facetedness of her personality, as well, and aren't shocked by it, either, right? For example the work hard/play hard Work harder/play harder dynamic, etc. And a lot of other facets. To be clear, not saying you need to be part of Greek life to grasp any of this, because you most definitely do not, and not saying if you are a part of it, you'll see it like we do, but I will say Greek life probs lends itself to one definitely understanding dichotomy in personality traits, dualistic natures, and a very super duper mutli-faceted people.

@kashathediva I agree about the herd mentality issue, too. Everyone doesn't have to be friends with the exact same people in a group of friends, imo, and can even be friends with people I don't like (as long as the person didn't truly try to do me severe and detrimental harm in a way I think the association of my friend with the person I can't stand will eventually wind up hurting me again, laugh out loud). And I think Rachel's shown she's cool with that as far as the "squad" goes. When they bailed on Corrine she didn't. When they became Team!DeMario she didn't have an issue. She was fine with Kristina and everything she had going on with Dean-- even after Dean and her ceased being cool, and so on, and so on. I don't think she expects them to all like the same people necessarily. That's not necessarily, depending on the circumstances, synonymous with loyalty, imo.

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:22 am

I don't know why Rachel is surprised about bachelor nation "friendships". I posted back before she filmed her season that many of those bachelor "friends" were using her. Thing is, she was using them just as much imo and all of them after their 15 minutes. As if these bachelor "friends" are actually real and lasting for years down the track and when these contestants are long gone from TV and/or SM. Until then, it's just a "scratch my back, I scratch yours" scenario imo until the next season comes along.

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:30 am

Rachel is delusional to believe she will have loyalty in Bachelor nation for long. Her expiration date is slowly approaching. In Bachelor Nation, it's about who will keep you relevant. Hence, the Ashley and Becca moves. Imo
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:33 am

Some get lucky and have lifelong friendships from this show. With the crop Rachel has chosen as her "friends" or "squad" I don't think she should be expecting that. And that's a two way street and I'm not just blaming the other party while Rachel is blameless.

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 56 87b72b10 Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 56 86669110 Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 56 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:39 am

I've said it before, she is a well accomplished young lady but for some reason, being bada$$ seems to be important to her, where for me, she comes across immature. How about picking up the phone and telling the person what you think instead of shading on SM to show all your followers just how bad you are. Suspect

The attitudes of the Jasmine's Alexis's and the Rachel's of this world really make me SMH. They've got so much going for them, and they IMO act like teenagers.

Some think she's too good for Bryan, that's not my opinion at all, never has been.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:24 pm

This is something I'm not liking about Rachel. It seems designed to get people questioning who she means and it's working but isn't a good look, imo. She seems to be happy these days so why not leave it or talk to the person like @GuardianAngel said.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15496

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 79 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

+70
whit90
TheWrongReasons
hae1001
SelmaHB
Tiggerlgh