SELECT CONTENT

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Page 20 of 78 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 49 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Post by Billysmom Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:08 am

I think in the eyes of many peter is in the same damned if you do, damned if you don't position that those fans claim brachel is in. Would people really have been content to hear him say "I'm just not into Rachel" ?  I can just imagine what he would have heard in response, about feeling he's too good for her, etc etc.  (I know I'm not taking very well some of what I'm hearing along similar lines on Matty's season....) I think peter tried to make it work with her, within the constraints of his own experience, the show format, and Rachel's obvious attention towards bryan. And I am not being swayed by his looks because, to be perfectly honest, his gap drives.me.to.distraction.  The alternative was that he could've started to propose to her even if he didn't want to....and ended up being resentful, like Ben f.,  that his first proposal had been wasted on her,  or resented that she had pushed him faster than he was really ready to go. I'm kinda hoping if he's chosen for TB that he goes into it like its tb Australia, though I suspect tptb's will certainly pressure him to propose....putting him in yet another no-win situation, cause proposing will have critics calling him a hypocrite and not proposing will have them calling him a commitment phobe. As I think mindless said above, there are so many shades between the two extremes. Rachel is being given a pass for the fine distinction between loving and being in love (one which i understand but which I think would completely go over the head of most suitors during emotional conversations) but peter is not being given a pass for being able to look ahead towards the future without being ready to put a ring on it after two months or so.  This is all so exhausting. They don't belong together, I totally agree, and peter has not handled things perfectly, but boy, Rachel IMHO clearly.has.done.her.share.of.damage, and is no more entitled to play the victim card than IMO is peter.

I guess I get defensive of him because I moved slowly in my own relationship, and I guess with 20-20 hindsight I really did not fully appreciate how patient and loving my DH was at the time. I too started thinking about a future with him after our first date, but would never ever have accepted a proposal after the amount of time these contestants do. Fwiw, I do believe Rachel loves bryan and vice versa, but i think she may well have had in the back of her mind that they'd be foolish to turn up their noses at a $100k  rock....  I mean, she is nothing if not practical (she reminds me in that way of my hubby's ex gf who sat him down to discuss their salaries and how well they could make out if they joined forces - this after a month of dating....funny thing is, she was a lawyer too.....maybe they offer a course in financial planning in law school?) all just my opinion....likely not a popular one, sorry....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Post by quietpal Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:45 am

I looked up the word manipulate and the definition. There were a couple meanings, but this one struck me:
to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage. Source
IMO this was Peter to Rachel.

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:55 am

@Billysmom yes, I would have respected Peter is he admitted his feelings for Rachel never grew. I respected the heck out of Brooks for leaving to give Des a chance for happiness. I think it takes a better person to risk losing the lead to be honest and give the current lead a real chance for happiness. But, I think Peter got stuck in his own he habits and his desire to possibly be the lead was strongest of all.

Peter was happy days after leaving Spain and upset Monday night. I thought time healed wounds? Apparently, Peters wounds are reopened by tv cameras and an opportunity for more tv time?

Oh and stop liking pictures of your ex. It is just kind of creepy. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:35 am

Ok I guess I will have to agree to disagree. Again, I was actually not rooting for peter, and watched their goodbye with a skeptical eye, fearing it was indeed his Bach audition. So I'm not blindly defending him because of being on his team or anything of the sort. To my own surprise I saw someone genuinely struggling, and I felt Rachel had her own struggles as well, in part with issues from the past. I saw her as trying to control and manipulate him, and I didn't like how she treated him at the atfr. Thats how I felt Monday night. I don't know if he'll be a good Bach, but I don't think his struggle to put a ring on it for Rachel should preclude him, any more than Rachel having a wall up till almost the very end with nick precluded her from being the lead. Jmo
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:13 am

I just wish he had some personality.  Besides the cray cray manipulation and self absorption, I find him so boring and stiff.  And, he's not physically appealing to me either.  I'm trying to think of an attractive quality.  He likes dogs.  That's good. Hugesmile
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:38 am

Peter is such a creep Imo. Adding all the manipulative bs he's done, this like is just adding up to the list. Imo it's not surprising, that his behaviour gets awarded, though. Rachel pointed that out, and imo she was absolutely right. Rachel gets the blame for his bs actions, even when she's not even part of it.

I can't wait for his fall off grace, and he won't be able to handle it. It has been said that Rachel has received her 'karma' with Peter, so Peter will receive his, too. Take the lead role, Peter, please. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:06 am

How is rachel getting the blame for peter's actions? Is he the one on a campaign trail to defame someone's name? Like I understand not liking someone, but I don't understand twisting and reaching for things IMO. At one point, it was all about oh, peter just wants to move to LA and be famous, and while that might be the case, he STILL hasn't done anything to indicate this. Mean while Eric has given interviews in what appears to be all over the globe but you don't hear a beep about what his intentions might have been. Bryan literally had merchandise go live on the night of the finale, something that was clearly pre-meditated from the Dr. ABS name which was his old instagram handle, but that's just him being smart and seizing the moment right?
If you're certain that peter is indeed this bad person, then wait till he's done something concrete cause apparently it's inevitable. As for now, most of the things I see are just inferences and a reach IMO.

ETA: Peter is so calculating and convert, so good at it in fact that I can't even see the things he's being accused of giggling

Last edited by FashionLover on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:29 am

FashionLover wrote:How is rachel getting the blame for peter's actions? Is he the one on a campaign trail to defame someone's name? Like I understand not liking someone, but I don't understand twisting and reaching for things IMO. At one point, it was all about oh, peter just wants to move to LA and be famous, and while that might be the case, he STILL hasn't done anything to indicate this. Mean while Eric has given interviews in what appears to be all over the globe but you don't hear a beep about what his intentions might have been. Bryan literally had merchandise go live on the night of the finale, something that was clearly pre-meditated from the Dr. ABS name which was his old instagram handle, but that's just him being smart and seizing the moment right?
If you're certain that peter is indeed this bad person, then wait till he's done something concrete cause apparently it's inevitable. As for now, most of the things I see are just inferences and a reach IMO.

IMO the answer is YES.  Peter defamed Bryan all season by his shady behavior in ITM's on the show and on his SM. I started the season with no favorites whatsoever and as the season progressed I liked Bryans character and totally disliked Peters lack of character. IMO Peter played games on and off the show. So to me....Peter has shown his true character and IMO it isn't pretty.
I think Rachel is clapping back at Peter for his game playing and shady behavior. It might not be pretty but IMO it is deserved. If Peter does not like it perhaps he should have stayed on the high road to begin with instead the going low and throwing shade.
It is ironic that Bryan has been labeled the Player when in reality the real Player is Peter....games and otherwise. IMO.
All JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:48 am

Peter's ig likes were excused by 'he's not probably even reading the tags or captions' 'he knows Bryan from the house, he most likely has reason to not like him' 'how bitter is Rachel for not willing to forgive him straight away for his multiple nasty comments toward her'. Every way possible have Peter's actions been turned around to be Rachel's fault, or even weirder Bryan's. Imo Peter has been a petty, passive aggressive jerk for months, and I saw him act and talk like a total douche on the finale episode, but it's all Rachel's fault. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Mella13 Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:05 am

R&B and P all are grown people and no one of them is innocent.
I hope that R&B really is a good match and will grow like a strong couple.
I hope that if P will be the bachelor, he will not propose.
Mella13
Mella13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:27 am

Maybe OT, but karma bites Rachel's butt because of her BIG RACH attitude and her own embrace of negativity and drama, imo. And I think it's unfair to relate this to Peter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:33 am

Peter has been a petty douche as well, and that's all on him. Jmo. Nothing to do with anyone but him.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 78 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 49 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

+100
Cila51290
Rachelsseason
tealeafs
starser
Kolormiblnd