SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Page 43 of 80 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

benhiggi - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 43 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm so ready for this and all the silliness it brings, too. Cannot wait!!
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

benhiggi - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 43 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by lipsis Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:34 pm

IMO all the couples on this stupid show should be required to go to relationship classes/counseling. The ring should come with a certificate to an 8 week class/session. Maybe they'd get more successes? Smiley

benhiggi - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 43 Samuel10benhiggi - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 43 Samuel10 benhiggi - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 43 Family10benhiggi - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 43 Samuel15benhiggi - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 43 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:42 pm

lipsis wrote:IMO all the couples on this stupid show should be required to go to relationship classes/counseling. The ring should come with a certificate to an 8 week class/session. Maybe they'd get more successes? Smiley
Agreed. Everyone NEEDS to go to counseling before entering marriage. Mediation only helps, it can do wonders IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:07 pm

lipsis wrote:IMO all the couples on this stupid show should be required to go to relationship classes/counseling. The ring should come with a certificate to an 8 week class/session. Maybe they'd get more successes? Smiley

Not even just the couples ... the leads and the contestants leaving this show! It must do a number on you. They all (especially the leads) could benefit with a little debrief and counsel.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:59 pm

I think the fact that they are doing it through their church makes it seem more legit than going on Marriage Boot Camp, etc. I hope this is not filmed at all for the show. They have both had a lot of change in the last year especially Lauren as well as becoming involved in a serious relationship in a public way -- if they are getting help for that as well as to better the communication between them than I think that is great. This is actually a smart thing to do. That can only help their relationship. I am glad that they will be back on TV. However, this is reality TV and they have to inject a little drama and questioning/doubt into their connection -- otherwise, what would the storyline be?

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Some church's require marriage counseling before marriage, leading up to the ceremony at/with the church. So maybe that's what they are doing? Not a big deal, just what is required.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:39 pm

Duke702 wrote:Some church's require marriage counseling before marriage, leading up to the ceremony at/with the church. So maybe that's what they are doing? Not a big deal, just what is required.

It is also quite common in other religions. It's a good thing, imo.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:53 pm

Duke702 wrote:Some church's require marriage counseling before marriage, leading up to the ceremony at/with the church. So maybe that's what they are doing? Not a big deal, just what is required.

According to Ben, this is actually regular counseling before they begin the marriage counseling down the line before getting married.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:13 am

Ash2214 wrote:

According to Ben, this is actually regular counseling before they begin the marriage counseling down the line before getting married.

To be fair if this relationship starts to go south we could later look back at this as a clue.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:20 am

casjacknick wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

To be fair if this relationship starts to go south we could later look back at this as a clue.

Of course I could be wrong, but I really didn't get the impression from any of the interviews I read/watched about this counseling thing that they were going because of issues. They both said they were committed to each other repeatedly and wanted to build a strong foundation. I think that's healthy and wise, and to me shows they are serious about one and other. I still think if this was truly a trouble in paradise counseling sesh, why even talk about this and bring it up in People magazine? They were pretty lighthearted discussing it. IDK, just my opinion/impression.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:30 am

Oh I agree whole heartedly. They seem great as always. Ben seems a little tired or run down in interviews lately but that is nothing some r and r can't fix. I am just saying we might be able to point to this in hindsight later, who knows? I watched the little first three minutes of their new show that was released today such a fun reminder of how wonderful they are. I am sure they will continue to be happy and I am excited to see the Bushnell\Higgins holiday season. I feel like it will be one big happy family celebration!

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:51 am

^^ I agree @casjacknick. I loved the first 3 minutes of their show! It's sweet! Sweeter than I was expecting, to be honest. It made me more excited to watch this show.

I also really liked the new interview that was just posted in the fan thread. Re: filming, they both stated this experience has really made them understand each other even more. They've put in long hours, esentially working together. They know each other better than ever before. They advocate for each other when they've had enough. Lauren says Ben is always her biggest advocate/supporter in tough filming situations.

Which brings me to.... these relationships, all of them, not just B&L, are a lot of pressure. Especially how this show has evolved and what these couples/brands have turned into, they are not only marriages, but a business relationship, working relationships. With that thought in mind, therapy is a very sensible, mature decision. This isn't your average "meet on Tinder" and go about your life coupling.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 80 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

+66
richmondrose
limoncello
blueblues
gurlbrit
suzq