SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 8 - July 18th - HTDs - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 70 of 76 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 8 - July 18th - HTDs - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 70 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 8 - July 18th - HTDs - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Relalou Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:49 pm

mindless wrote:The more I've read about Rodgers family, the less impressed I am. They seem very conservative, or dare I say even bigoted. Aaron, having been exposed to a wider world thanks to his fame, has probably outgrown his parents' views. The addition of Olivia to the equation perhaps brought to light just how different their belief systems are nowadays.

A question of perspective I guess. The more I see of their love for each other and the quiet care that seems present, the more impressed I am. Even in talking about Aaron (which let's face it is what tptb want as a focus) they are careful and kind. JMO

Relalou

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 8 - July 18th - HTDs - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 70 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 8 - July 18th - HTDs - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:17 pm

I'm curious whats out there that would make someone think they're so close minded and bigoted?

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:40 pm

Ahhhh! Thank you @ironcat !! This defused the tension I felt in here last night while catching up. Before I could shut my eyes, I had to seek out a funny positive little vid to get the heavy feeling off of my heart that I felt for these real people.

Last edited by rhondam on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : defused not fused)
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:47 pm

Relalou wrote:
mindless wrote:The more I've read about Rodgers family, the less impressed I am. They seem very conservative, or dare I say even bigoted. Aaron, having been exposed to a wider world thanks to his fame, has probably outgrown his parents' views. The addition of Olivia to the equation perhaps brought to light just how different their belief systems are nowadays.

A question of perspective I guess.  The more I see of their love for each other and the quiet care that seems present, the more impressed I am.  Even in talking about Aaron (which let's face it is what tptb want as a focus) they are careful and kind.  JMO

I don't think anyone out grows love for family.  I think all of the Rogers have traveled and are educated.  Whether someone is conservative or liberal does not need to make a difference in family love.  Values my be different but love and respect can transcend that.  Sometimes really focusing on a career can distance people from family and friends.  Often times when that career ebbs, they come back to those family and friends.  But I do not know this family, I just know how my large family has been.  It is the family's decision to love from a far.  I hope like Luke said that it all comes around and It was sweet to hear Jordan and all of them express love for Aaron.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:50 pm

Mindless, I too would like to know how you surmised the
Rodgers family to be bigoted and close minded?
I haven't seen any indication of such. scratch

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Alanna wrote:I'm curious whats out there that would make someone think they're so close minded and bigoted?

Nonina430 wrote:Mindless, I too would like to know how you surmised the
Rodgers family to be bigoted and close minded?
I haven't seen any indication of such. scratch

I believe it's in Jordan's thread. Mindless, posted something from a forum/or website about Jordan's belief and Christianity a few pages back. I think that's what she is refering 2. I don't agree with it either **edited** IMO.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Labelling)

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by shaughnessyb Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:12 pm

Not sure if this was posted, but it's a follow up article from the same publication that posted the one mindless shared: http://www.outsports.com/2013/1/18/4054192/jordan-rodgers-has-no-problem-with-a-gay-teammate
shaughnessyb
shaughnessyb

Female Posts : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:22 pm

JoJo and all 4 final guys have identified themselves with Christianity... both Luke & Robby were members of Christian clubs like Jordan... (And even in the case of the US military) those affiliations may have ultra traditional views on LGBT but they themselves may hold more inclusive views like this article above indicates about Jordan... whatever the case, I don't see how that impacts the Rodgers family rift!?

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:24 pm

for all we know the rift could have been about fried chicken. Yes true story.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:30 pm

I'm more in tune now after reading the prior post Len mentioned.
Along with the above ^ from the post while Jordan was in college 
I see someone who has grown up. 
Unless it's of one's opinion because of their political 
party. Which is nonsense. IMO Smiley

Last edited by Nonina430 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by babs Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:31 pm

People talk about conservatives like it's something bad. A dirty word. My family and circle of friends are made up with both liberals and conservatives..........and everything in between. I see no different in our core values. We all love and respect each other. I consider myself to be one of the in betweens. I'm more of a moderate but I have the same family values as all the rest. We are just people. here for a short time. I stopped putting "people" in a box a long time ago.
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:50 pm

Alanna wrote:
Fingersandtoes wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

Jordan isnt the one saying his name over and over again.... its Jojo and tptb.   Why is he getting blamed for this?  

Jordan didn't even bother texting Aaron that he's taking part on the show, but Aaron's name is brought up 1000 times. That's why I'm giving him the flack.
Maybe Aaron blocked his number? We have no idea.

Well then write him an email, send him a Facebook message, put a letter in the mail. Surely if Jordan really wants to get ahold of him to tell him this (important, totally relevant information for Aaron's life) he could have. Shameful. I'd be PO'd if I were Aaron.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 76 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 8 - July 18th - HTDs - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+74
SarahD
RealityEscape
Longhornfan
Seabear
Cecilia
ironcat
Luvstruck
luvstx
pavalygurl
Cocoasneeze
albean99