SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 71 of 78 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 74 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by nd4reality Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:10 am

It's not satisfying unless on camera cheeky

This holds true for all the 3rd timers also.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by albean99 Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:41 am

amyisrunning wrote:I don't often have much to add to the rushing conversation here, but:

Unpopular opinion, but I haven't written Carly and Evan off just yet. When I met my husband, I was completely not attracted to him. He had this awful wiry goatee that just made me associate his appearance with that of a rat. However, charm, kindness, and time can do funny things, and it didn't hurt that without me having ever mentioned it, when I finally agreed on a date he showed up having finally shaved it off. Tomorrow is our 11th wedding anniversary and we have 3 wonderful children, and now his face is my favorite.

Through my own lens, I see her initial comments about her revulsion as potentially less dooming than Grant and Lace's volatility, and possibly also Josh's giant ego combined with Amanda's dormouse nature. Carly is a girl with a big mouth who speaks too soon, and she doesn't fit the Barbie mold that most of the other girls do. Evan doesn't fit the Ken mold either. All JMO.

Good Post  amyisrunning.

While I can't defend a lot of the things Carly had said about Evan, I don't think she was repulsed by him as much as the hot pepper/kiss which made her sick. He didn't help by caressing her during it and after she was sick from it.  :shocked!:  I am interested in seeing how things go with them and do think it's possible for a real relationship to grow with them since they both live in Nashville.

I have zero interest in Josh & Amanda. I don't like him at all. Nick & Jen maybe slightly more since I like her and he's been okay so far. I don't see a relationship coming out of it though. Jared & Caila are the ones I'm most interested in seeing. I like Wells a lot but Ashley I? affraid

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:32 am

I'm looking forward to seeing Caila again. I always like seeing Nick, so as far as I'm concerned the show can keep inviting him back for as long as they want.

That hot-pepper date was just plain mean. Everyone else gets a nice meal or a fun adventure, and Carly & Evan get to eat a nasty hot pepper. It makes you wonder if whomever set this date up has ever eaten an ultra-hot pepper. You want to roll over and die. Your body pays for it over the next 24 hours. I hope that the producers make it up to them on the overnight, because that "date" was a horror.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:29 pm

Amethyst wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing Caila again. I always like seeing Nick, so as far as I'm concerned the show can keep inviting him back for as long as they want.

That hot-pepper date was just plain mean. Everyone else gets a nice meal or a fun adventure, and Carly & Evan get to eat a nasty hot pepper. It makes you wonder if whomever set this date up has ever eaten an ultra-hot pepper. You want to roll over and die. Your body pays for it over the next 24 hours. I hope that the producers make it up to them on the overnight, because that "date" was a horror.

It's not just this season, it's clear that the producers choose who to give date cards to, and what kind of dates to give them (whether they are truly romantic/luxurious or "loser dates" meant mostly to humiliate/mock the participants) based on the story they see, or want to see, unfolding. They viewed plain Jane Carly and weird Evan as the losers of this bunch (not pretty enough), knew Carly wasn't as physically into Evan as he was into her, and therefore, what better way to cause a train wreck than to force her to lock lips with him after eating a hot pepper. And to add further embarrassment, let's do it in front of a large audience. Yeah, that's only slightly less romantic than spending the day lolling around on a yacht. no

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:54 pm

ironcat wrote:
Amethyst wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing Caila again. I always like seeing Nick, so as far as I'm concerned the show can keep inviting him back for as long as they want.

It's not just this season, it's clear that the producers choose who to give date cards to, and what kind of dates to give them (whether they are truly romantic/luxurious or "loser dates" meant mostly to humiliate/mock the participants) based on the story they see, or want to see, unfolding.  They viewed plain Jane Carly and weird Evan as the losers of this bunch (not pretty enough), knew Carly wasn't as physically into Evan as he was into her, and therefore, what better way to cause a train wreck than to force her to lock lips with him after eating a hot pepper.  And to add further embarrassment, let's do it in front of a large audience. Yeah, that's only slightly less romantic than spending the day lolling around on a yacht.   no

I have watched the Bachelor since Trista's season and all the BIP or BP versions and have to say, that hands down, this was the worst date I have ever seen on this show! The producers are just nasty!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:06 pm

I would've simply refused. I would've been like "Nope, not happening. You can shove that pepper up you know what!" That was not a date, that was a Fear Factor challenge. Stupid.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:53 pm

mindless wrote:I would've simply refused. I would've been like "Nope, not happening. You can shove that pepper up you know what!" That was not a date, that was a Fear Factor challenge. Stupid.

Ashley I. mentioned on her blog that Carly has celiac disease and she's lactose intolerant. So Carly as it is has a sensitive digestive system. That's pretty cruel of TPTB to do to her.
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:07 pm

Beagle wrote:Ashley I. mentioned on her blog that Carly has celiac disease and she's lactose intolerant. So Carly as it is has a sensitive digestive system. That's pretty cruel of TPTB to do to her.

And then she has to spend her time post-date curled up in pain with a nurse sitting beside her. In my life, I've had some dates that were less than stellar, but never anything even remotely THAT bad.

Here's an idea for a date that I think would be really cute: Hire a tutor to teach the couple basic Spanish numbers up through, say, 30. Then send the couple out into the local markets to bargain for typical tourist trinkets -- jewelry, blankets, hats, etc. Give them a prize (maybe a deluxe dinner) if they can get the original asking price down by a given percentage.

Another one -- deep sea fishing. Mexico has great fishing off of the coast. For the right couple, this could be a lot of fun.

Go a short hop to Puerto Vallarta, and you have para-sailing. Go a bit further to Manzanillo and you have terrific golf right by the ocean.

This is too hard?
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:23 pm

Amethyst wrote:
Beagle wrote:Ashley I. mentioned on her blog that Carly has celiac disease and she's lactose intolerant. So Carly as it is has a sensitive digestive system. That's pretty cruel of TPTB to do to her.

And then she has to spend her time post-date curled up in pain with a nurse sitting beside her. In my life, I've had some dates that were less than stellar, but never anything even remotely THAT bad.

Here's an idea for a date that I think would be really cute: Hire a tutor to teach the couple basic Spanish numbers up through, say, 30. Then send the couple out into the local markets to bargain for typical tourist trinkets -- jewelry, blankets, hats, etc. Give them a prize (maybe a deluxe dinner) if they can get the original asking price down by a given percentage.

Another one -- deep sea fishing. Mexico has great fishing off of the coast. For the right couple, this could be a lot of fun.

Go a short hop to Puerto Vallarta, and you have para-sailing. Go a bit further to Manzanillo and you have terrific golf right by the ocean.

This is too hard?

Yes! Those are fun and not embarrassing, which seems to be what tptb are aiming for.[/quote]

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:33 am

I agree that date was just plain cruel! Whilst some people might find that entertaining, IMO I actually think most people would enjoy watching the cute fun dates or challenges more. At least I hope most would.

"You know what love is? It is all kindness, generosity." ~ Rumi

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:38 am

IA, that was very cruel. I actually find Evan quite attractive

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:09 am

I actually found the pepper date WAY more interesting than the boring, been there, done that romantic boat date. Also, in considering a life partner, a much better test to observe how the prospect reacts under pressure.

A plastic prince may seem like the perfect catch relaxing on a prepaid booze boat, but experience has shown (lie detector anyone?) any situation that does not go his way, turns him into a whining baby. NOT attractive!

SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 78 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 74 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+86
amyisrunning
rc49ers
rhondam
Beagle
Duke702
Luvstruck
bleuberry
megaa
iamreal2u
grace8136
notarose