SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 70 of 78 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 74 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 70 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Duke702 Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:50 pm

I still don't think it's a good starting point for a relationship to be disgusted by the person and think you're too good for them. IMO in the long run, could be bad as well.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 70 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Amethyst Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:50 pm

amyisrunning wrote:I don't often have much to add to the rushing conversation here, but:

Unpopular opinion, but I haven't written Carly and Evan off just yet. When I met my husband, I was completely not attracted to him. He had this awful wiry goatee that just made me associate his appearance with that of a rat. However, charm, kindness, and time can do funny things, and it didn't hurt that without me having ever mentioned it, when I finally agreed on a date he showed up having finally shaved it off. Tomorrow is our 11th wedding anniversary and we have 3 wonderful children, and now his face is my favorite.

Through my own lens, I see her initial comments about her revulsion as potentially less dooming than Grant and Lace's volatility, and possibly also Josh's giant ego combined with Amanda's dormouse nature. Carly is a girl with a big mouth who speaks too soon, and she doesn't fit the Barbie mold that most of the other girls do. Evan doesn't fit the Ken mold either. All JMO.

I agree with you. Sometimes you find an attraction to someone only after you have come to see their good qualities over a period of time. I think that Evan has a lot of good qualities, and he is generally well regarded by the men of Jojo's season.

It could be that Carly began to feel a tenderness for him after he was injured.

I don't have a problem with someone giving out a "friendship rose" to help a pal stay on the show. In fact, I respect that. I think it's a kind thing to do. Per RS, the twins refuse to give out roses (and go home) on a week where women have the power. That disturbs me. Even if they weren't feeling it, they could have given their roses to guys who wanted to be there, and then gone home. What's a few more days in the scheme of things? Of course, there is also the possibility that their exit was producer-manipulated instead.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:54 pm

sbolduc wrote:Its funny because I still find Evan repulsive but I do find his and Carly's storyline the most interesting when you know how it ends because I want to see how they get "there" and I agree I actually think of the 3 couples this one might have the best chance largely because they live in the same city

I am currently finding their storyline the most interesting as well. To me this is the most "real world" of the spoiled relationships. Grant and Lace are like putting two firecrackers together. Josh seems very controlling to me -- his relationship with Amanda might work, but I'm not betting on a good long term outcome. But I could see Carly and Evan's relationship working out. Plus, the physical proximity IRL can only help.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Evan is a mixed bag for me however I greatly admire how unconditional he has been with Carly. He wasn't put off by her not fancying up for their date nor did he distance himself from her in the whole throwing up scenerio.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:31 pm

I just can't muster up any sympathy for Carly anymore just because she's insecure and doesn't look like Courtney Robertson. I gave her a pass the first time on her mean girl behavior with Britt but this is her third time on the show and she's a 30-year-old woman. She's the one who keeps putting herself on this show where she'll be compared to more attractive women to the point where she even skipped her brother's wedding for it. She's being nasty about a man who's been nothing but nice to her and he's the only one who's been keeping her on this show. Without Evan she likely would've been gone the first night. I see a woman who's using a man because he's her best chance to stay on the show until the end to get a proposal because of her humiliation the last time.

All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:27 pm

ironcat wrote:
mindless wrote:I think it's most likely the upcoming rose ceremony where the men do the picking that's providing Carly with clarity. She thought she could play the field, no one wanted her and suddenly Evan's looking attractive again (for the first time). How they end up engaged is yet to be explained though, unless Carly's just that desperate to max out her minutes on screen.

Well, in the next RC, the women are doing the picking, and Carly picks Evan over Christian and the other guy whose name neither CH nor I can remember.  Maybe it was out of pity for Evan, but she could have gone with one of the other two and tried to make some sort of reciprocal deal with them if she really didn't want Evan around.  I don't know, I just can't hate on her (guess I'm the only one) because it seems so obvious to me that it all stems from her insecurity in this crowd where all the other women are super attractive and she's just a plain Jane by comparison who none of the guys are interested in (except the one guy that she doesn't want).  Maybe because I personally relate to her plight when I was her age.  Oh, well.

I like her as well, ironcat. I do think her insecurities get the better of her. My hope for her is that she does indeed "love" Evan and is not just engaged for the sake of being engaged. He seems smitten and I think would treat her very well.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:44 pm

I can't feel bad for Carly either. Not everyone is a literal perfect princess like some of the women on the show, just go on Match and be normal. That's all you have to do. Oh well. Looks like she came around to Evan in the end, poor guy.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:44 pm

amyisrunning wrote:I don't often have much to add to the rushing conversation here, but:

Unpopular opinion, but I haven't written Carly and Evan off just yet. When I met my husband, I was completely not attracted to him. He had this awful wiry goatee that just made me associate his appearance with that of a rat. However, charm, kindness, and time can do funny things, and it didn't hurt that without me having ever mentioned it, when I finally agreed on a date he showed up having finally shaved it off. Tomorrow is our 11th wedding anniversary and we have 3 wonderful children, and now his face is my favorite.

Through my own lens, I see her initial comments about her revulsion as potentially less dooming than Grant and Lace's volatility, and possibly also Josh's giant ego combined with Amanda's dormouse nature. Carly is a girl with a big mouth who speaks too soon, and she doesn't fit the Barbie mold that most of the other girls do. Evan doesn't fit the Ken mold either. All JMO.

Good for you and congrats for giving the guy a chance Smiley

One of my high school friends was adamant that a guy she knew was "just a friend". He drove 2 hours to spend time with her and her family when she was home during the Christmas season one year and I was also there. Super nice guy but somewhat effeminate. I went to visit her in Chicago several weeks later and we talked about him. She was still adamant that he was "just a friend" and that she was in love with someone else... actually a guy that I had known in college but she met him through a training program they were in together (along with the "just a friend" guy). I told her she would be better off with "just a friend" and I had only met him once! Several weeks after I visited her, the "just a friend" guy went to Chicago to meet up with her and a couple other friends from their training program to plan their trip to Hawaii. They were all going to a conference and chose to spend several extra days there. When he was there that weekend, she had a medical emergency and he took her to the hospital and cared for her. They all went to their conference about a month later. About a month after that I got a letter from her (back in the dark ages before the internet!) and she told me that she was in love with "just a friend". 18 months later they got married and 26 years later, they are still together!

My friend had an idea of what her perfect mate would be. So much so, that she was ruling out all others...

I'm not necessarily a fan of Carly (first time I've seen her since I never watched BIP2 or the season of TB she was on) or Evan, but I can see that Carly is doing the same thing my friend did... not being open to someone that is not her "ideal". I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to open her eyes. Could possibly be the medical emergency... much like my friend!

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:50 pm

Great story @havadrpepper !

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:50 am

Not a fan of Evan at all, BUT, I seriously doubt he is quite the dweeb/loser the editing is portraying him as...

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandora Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:17 am

I think Jen/Nick and Carly/Evan are the only pairings that would be interesting enough to keep me watching. I was going to skip this season, but had to watch because of Nick. Sigh.

How anyone could see this and still like Josh is beyond me. I thought Andi should have let him go when he exploded over her lie detector test, and it looks like her book proves me right. It is hard to be sympathetic to his claims of a  bad edit when he is giving them so much material.

I am still hoping Paradise is setting Nick up to be the Bachelor, but if he happens to be one of the engaged after this, good for him.
Pandora
Pandora

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:41 am

I like Nick but I really hope this is his last go at finding love with this franchise. Enough already!!! Aren't  there women outside of this franchise who will date him

Last edited by mysthelma on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 70 1f49b  Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 70 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 78 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 74 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+86
amyisrunning
rc49ers
rhondam
Beagle
Duke702
Luvstruck
bleuberry
megaa
iamreal2u
grace8136
notarose