SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 14 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:36 am

Does anyone know if Nick is going to be on After Buzz every week or every few weeks or anything? I agree with him way more than I have ever agreed with the two num nut hosts.

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 14 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Post by california90 Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:38 am

eversotrue wrote:Does anyone know if Nick is going to be on After Buzz every week or every few weeks or anything? I agree with him way more than I have ever agreed with the two num nut hosts.  

Don't think so. Might be guest though?

But aww I really like Danny/Cathy/Brooks. Don't get me wrong, I like Nick- but I feel like Cathy and Brooks can hardly contribute with him there. I understand they never really liked Nick, but the vibe is so different. Brooks was also a former contestant, but its clear his experience is a lot different than Nick's and I almost feel at time Nick's experience overshadows his. Brooks hardly said anything/checked out a lot. Cathy is a bit more reserved than she normally is. Idk, I love Nick and his input too, but I wouldn't want him as a regular with Danny/Cathy/Brooks. Brooks was a good replacement for JC Rubio though.. but I could tell JC clashed a lot with Danny/Cathy when he hosted the last few seasons.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:49 am

I love Cathy/Brooks/Danny too. They are unspoiled, so a lot of their predictions are wrong, but I actually like that. Nick is just very long-winded and has a much more subdued and serious personality; it causes him to take over too much and kind of destroy the dynamic between the group. He also comes off as a bit more authoritative or arrogant about his opinion/experience on the show, which I feel makes everyone else back down. Back when Krisily was hosting, I felt she would do the same too. This has been my favorite Afterbuzz host combination, and TBH, I haven't really enjoyed the last two as much because of Nick. I do think the fact that Cathy doesn't like him affects it too. Brooks seems like he's been trying, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:12 am

I like Cathy/Brooks/Danny's input, but they go off topic so freaking much. And then they just sound completely oblivious and naiive at times. Even Brooks, who was actually on the show! I like that Nick actually seems realistic and is straight up about stuff, even if he's grumpy more times than not laugh out loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:14 am

I actually felt like Danny and Cathy especially were cutting Nick off too much. It was annoying... He's the guest...let him speak!

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:36 am

nothatgirl wrote:I love Cathy/Brooks/Danny too. They are unspoiled, so a lot of their predictions are wrong, but I actually like that. Nick is just very long-winded and has a much more subdued and serious personality; it causes him to take over too much and kind of destroy the dynamic between the group. He also comes off as a bit more authoritative or arrogant about his opinion/experience on the show, which I feel makes everyone else back down. Back when Krisily was hosting, I felt she would do the same too. This has been my favorite Afterbuzz host combination, and TBH, I haven't really enjoyed the last two as much because of Nick. I do think the fact that Cathy doesn't like him affects it too. Brooks seems like he's been trying, though.

You nailed it. I don't think his personality meshes well with Danny/Cathy/Brooks but I can see why laugh out loud. Krisily was like that but she had Cathy to anchor her and make it more enjoyable to watch ("brunette bandits!"). This has been my favorite combination so far too.

eversotrue wrote:I actually felt like Danny and Cathy especially were cutting Nick off too much. It was annoying... He's the guest...let him speak!

I actually disagree. He's spoken much more than a lot of other guests on the show. I still got a lot from him/his experience. Savannah was also a guest and she barely spoke last week. It's also an hour long show with 4-5 people. Nick tends to ramble a lot so I can see where Danny has to cut him off to keep moving. I do agree that they like to go off topic a lot, which I think was why JC Rubio left. You can tell his patience and energy wasn't there to round them back to topic. But I'd much rather have a good dynamic because it doesn't bother me as much when they go off topic.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:40 am

nothatgirl wrote:I love Cathy/Brooks/Danny too. They are unspoiled, so a lot of their predictions are wrong...
I don't think they are unspoiled. Not as long as they are on social media and the internet exits. Someone can just post on their YT feed that Lauren B wins or such and such goes home, etc, etc, and that's that. Maybe they don't actively seek out spoilers, I could give them that, but most of the time I find them "pretending" that they don't know and thus purposefully guess incorrectly (I mean, if they didn't guess incorrectly it would look very obvious). It certainly comes across that way to me that they know but choose not to spoil themselves. I think most bloggers/recappers are that way. I think The Right Reasons were like that too - knew spoilers but didn't talk about them/give them away. I miss their recaps.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:45 am

Maybe. I'm probably being naive and believing that they don't read spoilers. I'm sure they see stuff (like the SC last time which they talked about) but they seem too confident in their wrong opinions to be lying to me.

Juliet litman actually has a new podcast out called Bachelor party! I miss Jacoby, but she's hilarious and she's had really funny guests on so far. They spent about half the podcast this week dissecting Ben's fashion choice to wear a hoodie under a blazer, which only they could do. I really do believe they don't read spoilers, becuase Juliet was saying last week that she though LB was a frontrunner because she got a nickname and the other Lauren b didn't, haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:50 am

I don't think they are lying, I just think they give their own opinion on what they see rather than just going with the spoilers. I think they all know and read spoilers. It's pretty hard not to know spoilers, especially if one has to research for their own blog/recap, etc. One can't even read SM comments or look up TB hashtag without seeing an obvious spoiler (eg: a pic of Lauren B and that she is the winner).

That being said, I don't think it means anything bad that they know spoilers, just that they don't play into them and rather just talk about each episode as it goes. In a way, the media that has an *in* with the show does the exact same thing. It's why I laugh when RS says he "spoils" things before Us/People mag. Well, duh! They can't spill it all since they are part of the narrative. That doesn't mean they don't know what happens - and usually they know more than RS anyway, if they have exclusives and an "in" with the show itself.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:57 am

I know what you mean; I think they see things, but they don't put too much thought into it. RS is wrong about 1/3rd of the time anyways, so I don't think it's too crazy to see something and just ignore it and still form your own opinions. I basically did that back when he said that Ali and Jillian chose no one. So obvious he was going to be wrong there! They also might know who the predicted winner is, but not who the other girls in the f4 are so there's still some mystery. To me, it's still different than reading completely spoiled viewers' opinions.

I agree about the US/people and RS. I can't believe he still doesn't know that major tabloids work along with the show and don't need or use him.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:00 am

Yeah, I just think that they don't read too deeply into any spoilers so that they can just give their own opinion and feedback on what they are seeing. I think it is more fun that way, especially if one is going to recap/talk about the show. And that's their main objective, anyway, to recap and give their own insights/opinions, not to spoil.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:11 am

Regarding the hosts of AfterBuzz the last two weeks, Brooks was actually doodling the first episode and last week he wasn't paying attention either and Danny had to repeat the question and didn't Brooks say move on or come back to him? Something like that. Well maybe his heart just isn't in it anymore. I could see getting bored with it. Has he been doing it for a long time? Or maybe he wasn't into it these past two weeks because Nick was there?

Anyway, I've enjoyed the last two weeks but I've only watched AfterBuzz 4x including these last two so yes I have seen them go off topic and agree with eversotrue that happens more than I care for. I am watching this show for one reason, Bach info and with the extra filler, I feel like they are wasting my precious hour. When Nick's been on, he just wants to talk the show's business and I really appreciate that along with his insight and detail. It reminds me of Sharleen's Pretty Little Pandas blog. Well anyway, whoever's going to be on tomorrow night, I hope they will be interesting and not go off topic too much.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

+92
rc49ers
casjacknick
pander3575
agentcurls
Cinn3
richmondrose
Rosepetal
luvstx
Rdjbb
Julie81
mtnlvr55