SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 64 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Beach Lover Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:57 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
^ Nick on After Buzz could have had a cold or not been feeling well.
A one time thing on Nick doesn't make me think he is flat or bummed or whatever.
As for a risk? He's a software salesman. That kind of job is going nowhere. It's not like he was a Doctor or something.

My husband is in software sales and earns a very impressive six figure salary, as does his colleagues. I can't speak for the kind of software sales Nick was into and maybe not all are as lucrative, however, I would not put down this profession so quickly.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 64 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:04 am

Beach Lover wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
^ Nick on After Buzz could have had a cold or not been feeling well.
A one time thing on Nick doesn't make me think he is flat or bummed or whatever.
As for a risk? He's a software salesman. That kind of job is going nowhere. It's not like he was a Doctor or something.

My husband is in software sales and earns a very impressive six figure salary, as does his colleagues. I can't speak for the kind of software sales Nick was into and maybe not all are as lucrative, however, I would not put down this profession so quickly.

Definitely not a put down. I know many software salesmen that earn much more than doctors (net and sans MP insurance and loans).  :yes:

It was actually more of a put-down if he was doctor based more on student loans and personally speaking of what having an MD entails and the lack of flexibility with that in comparison to other careers.

I would definitely look at Nick askew if he had major loans from obtaining an MD and then took a "hiatus" since that is not as easy to go back into doing (even at less pay).

Taking a break from being a salesman is definitely far, far more doable to go back into if Nick takes a break and I doubt his loans from his Bachelor's degree are as high so even at a lesser level of job if he chose to return, still the ramifications wouldn't be as drastic, imo.

So logistically speaking, his choice to try things out is not as worrisome to me as it would be if he was in a field that is more stringent and less likely that he was as debt-free.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:56 am

bleuberry wrote:Hopefully he isn't going into debt or blowing through savings to extend those 15 mins. Without parental handouts or full time shilling, I don't know how one does it.

I was wondering the same. Especially since I know of someone who works for SF and is at a higher level(than Nick was) and she and her partner are not living high off the hog with a dual salary. Oh well, whatever.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:01 am

I just don't understand why he couldn't have kept his job and still pursued opportunities at the same time. I mean he did say he intended to keep his job and that it was his priority but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned for my age with this whole job concept I can't let go. laugh out loud
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:05 am

bluwavz wrote:I just don't understand why he couldn't have kept his job and still pursued opportunities at the same time. I mean he did say he intended to keep his job and that it was his priority but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned for my age with this whole job concept I can't let go. laugh out loud

I admit as I became an adult and looking at my future one of the sexiest things a man could have was a job. Still is. Hugesmile
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:10 am

bluwavz wrote:I just don't understand why he couldn't have kept his job and still pursued opportunities at the same time. I mean he did say he intended to keep his job and that it was his priority but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Exactly! thumbsup

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:16 am

While having a job/career definitely instills values and traits I personally find attractive, I've never been that interested in people solely based on their job/career or accomplishments.

I couldn't care less how accomplished one is or or how many degrees one has (and I say this as someone who has an MD and PhD and worked my tail off for both so I don't say that lightly) or what type of career or job one has... especially when they can go back to that field or one like it any time as Nick can.

I find way too much emphasis is placed on "accomplishments" rather than who a person is inside, their character, and how they treat people - and that's what matters most to me.  :Nod:

Some of the worst types of people I know are highly accomplished and have lucrative jobs/careers.

I posted about domestic violence and my sibling dealing with that while going through a divorce with a highly accomplished man who is abusive and controlling.

Nick in contrast seems to be someone who supports DV issues and causes and is far from that and hasn't whined or complained and has no dependents to financially be responsible for and if he earned 6 figures then he has no worries, imo, and little debt will only add to that.

So to me, having a job is one thing, but being a decent human being is much more important, IMO.  Not to mention, the former is much much more easier to obtain.

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:38 am

I don't take an interest in someone solely because they have a job but if a guy doesn't have one then it's no-go with me. I'm sure Nick isn't losing sleep over my lack of interest in dating him though. laugh out loud
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:43 am

H
stuckinsc wrote:
albean99 wrote:I absolutely think the show and some of his SM posts could hurt Nick's career choices. Not everyone wants someone who's been on 2 reality shows and had a bit of a rep as a villain. Hopefully his old company will have him back if that's what he wants. I'm sure he'll still be okay with women but some may not want to date him because of the shows. I think he'd be smart to avoid them in the future but it's his call.

I totally agree with this. As a sales person you actually have to be careful how you present yourself. You need people to believe you and take you seriously. Perhaps his old company is willing to take him back, but not a lot of companies will hold a position for over 6 months. It is a big company, but I doubt you can go for that long, ignore that field and come back at the same level.  

It is a calculated risk, hopefully it pays off.  Since he has made his life so public and wants the attention, then he has to have the speculation as well.  He seems okay with that.

Posting an interview from 4 months ago to explain now, seems that life is at best static and there is no progress on these "other" opportunities that he was pursuing. JMO.
I do not see anything on his IG that would hurt his chances at a job. I know you have to be careful these days on what you do post. He has posted shitless pics. like others who have a job. We have no idea what projects he is doing in LA so color me confused how he has made his life so public now .JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:43 am

Just a thought . . . was Nick "let go" from his job?   Does anyone know for sure why he is no longer employed with his company?

Seems to me his long leave of absence will make it harder for him to go back.  There are many fresh and ready college grads that can be hired in his place at lower salary.  I sense that he has no plan of returning to the regular work force in the same capacity.  Had he taken a leave/sabbatical to obtain advance degrees to improve his skill set, I can see a long leave.  The corporate world is highly competitive and there is always someone ready to take your job - so maybe he doesn't have any intention of returning to that environment.  JMO.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:47 am

bluwavz wrote:I don't take an interest in someone solely because they have a job but if a guy doesn't have one then it's no-go with me. I'm sure Nick isn't losing sleep over my lack of interest in dating him though. laugh out loud

I think income and having a job are different things.

- Some people people work hard all their lives at low-wage jobs and try as they might, still can't get ahead and yet are decent people but just don't have financial security.
- Some people work at highly lucrative jobs but have high debt and poor money management skills and thus they may have a great job but that doesn't translate to much else.
- Some people don't need to work as much and instead they have their money work for them and thus have freedom and flexibility with their time - especially if they invest wisely.

There's many more examples for income/job and what those all mean but the point is that they don't say much unless one knows the individual situation.

Bottom line is: No matter what Nick's current "job" situation, there's no way to know what Nick's financial situation is.

Nick could very well be earning an income without having a job. He may have invested money that pays monthly dividends and the like and thus is free to do as he wants with his time. But just having a job doesn't make me know anything about Nick's situation and what that may or may not mean.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:49 am

bluwavz wrote:I don't take an interest in someone solely because they have a job but if a guy doesn't have one then it's no-go with me. I'm sure Nick isn't losing sleep over my lack of interest in dating him though. laugh out loud
I quit my job several years ago due to being burnt out on what I was doing and did not go back to work till last year.  Thank goodness my husband loves me just the way I am because we did struggle greatly without my salary. He stood by me till I found another job that I am happy with but at half the salary.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt