SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 26 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 26 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by mysthelma Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Only fools refuse to change....change is the only constant. I don't see the big deal in taking time off to peruse new fun exciting opportunities, if it's something Nick is passionate about and out of his comfort zone. Good on him and anyone. 

*edit*
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 26 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by OnePromise Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:55 pm

What is the point of determining if Nick's "leave" from Salesforce is defined as "working" or "employed"?  Really, what is the point of questioning whether or not he has a job?  Is it to gage the level of his success in life? Is it to determine his worth or value? How does one even go about deciding the definition of success?  What are the valuable checklist items when determining such a thing?  

Do we place more value on financial income or hours logged working? What about quality of friendships versus number of IG followers?  Do we consider someone successful who has business savy or just falls into it with dumb luck? Someone famous or someone living a "regular life" like the rest of us?  I doubt that the group of us will agree on a solid, unified definition of success.  And why should we?

Just as we are individuals with opinions and values that classify our definitions to be wildly different from one another, so are the reality tv contestants we comment about.  In this case, Nick has found that modeling and his other "projects" are worth his time... Enough to put a hold on his "regular" life (as we keep calling it) and take a personal leave from his gainful employment in order to see where it might take him.  That is his prerogative.  It's his life.  

For me, it is not so much what Nick is doing with his life that matters, but rather how he is doing it.  His attitude.  His character.  The lasting things.  Those are what matter to me.  So call his job situation whatever you want.  I don't care if he is working or simply employed.  I just enjoy the fact that he is living his life to the fullest... Not making excuses or wasting time.  He is seizing the opportunities before him and doing so with gusto, savvy and expectation for the next big adventure.  

By the way, "working" is defined as, "having gainful employment" and "employment" is defined as, "the condition of having paid work".  So technically, they are the same thing and Nick is probably not doing either with Salesforce just at this moment.  As he said today, he is currently "on leave" with Salesforce which is defined as, "a period of time that one must be away from one's primary job, while maintaining the status of employee".  That sounds like the best option of all... Maintaining status while not actually working.  I wish I had the ability and financial savings to take a personal leave at my job too.  He must be doing something right...

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:08 pm

***Posts have been edited. The topic of this thread is Nick and should stay that way. Please refrain from referencing or making comparisons to other contestants or couples in a negative way. Thanks!
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Thank you, Bluwavz.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:00 pm

I have been reading but I will add MHO.  I believe Nick took time off for DWTS but  regrettable his spot might have went to the new american hero for stopping the attack on the train.  So he is using the time to do things he has never imagine he would get a chance to do.  I hope he find success and happiness in what ever he does.

Last edited by reason on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:02 pm

reason wrote:I have been reading but I will add MHO.  I believe Nick took time off for DWTS but  regrettable his spot might have went to the new american hero for stopping the attack on the train.  So he is using the time to things he has never imagine he would get a chance to do.  I hope he find success and a happiness in what ever he does.

I believe that too! :yes:
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1359

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:40 pm

Here's the deal. For those hopping around the forum baiting others and trying to be make fun of other contestants, as soon as I can get to each one of you, I will start banning.

Grow up please or leave.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:20 am

This is the issue as I see it. When negative comments are posted by non fans, especially when there is no truth or proof to back up the post, the fans retaliate to stick up for their favourite. This in turn starts a domino effect, as the non fans retaliate back and becomes a huge issue with everyone baiting each other to prove their point.

We talk about double standards all the time, but IMO it happens all the time, when it comes to any other fan favourites. Everyone has fans who will stick up for them. Whether it's in Nick's thread, or any other contestant across this forum.

In S and K's GD thread, you will find negative posts, with fans sticking up for them, same with S/C, same with Becca, same with Andi. This is the nature of our forum, however when it comes to Nick, it totally pisses everyone off.

This is not what I want to see our forum become, and honest to goodness I will not tolerate this behaviour. In the future, should this outburst occur again, as stated in our rules, the offenders will be banned without warning.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:31 am

Thank you to those who held their tongues and were able to stay out of the drama.

The thread is now open.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:19 am

Anyways, it's all in good fun! It's best not to take these things personally or too far as we never know whose "team" we'll be on next season!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:29 am

Well it is clear that Nick brings out the passion in more than just Andi and Kaitlyn.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:37 am

I concur Nick is very passionate and polarising so much he literally without his involvement incite that among his fans and non fans. Never a dull moment on this thread and it's definitely fun

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 26 1f49b  enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 26 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt