SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 27 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 27 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by happygolucky Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:09 am

Without bringing other people from this franchise into the discussion, I do notice a different approach when it comes to Nick or when the criticism and laughing "repertoire" of posts appear against some other contestant ...

usually other contestants are given the positive starting point ... and then their actions are criticized out of the disappointment for not reaching the expectations or for not making a good use of the potential that is acknowledged that they have ...

with Nick it's a given that his point of origin is foul ...
there is no room for understanding and reasoning or a possibility given that he could ever improve, be respected for some good deed or his word being accepted as sincere with no ulterior motive ...

while RS is being believed, trusted and cited as if his words would matter more. He is more respected and his opinions (because that's all they are) are more important.

And that's something I'm not OK with ... but that's just me, I have to deal with that and from now on I will simply ignore.

At the same time there is that notion about Nick ... "IF he (only) would (not)... then his image/reputation would be different" ... but I don't believe that "would" change anything ... at the end, it's up to each of us to face our self and answer why we really don't like something or someone ...

What does Nick really trigger in us? ... maybe it's not about Nick at all ... and all these pages are not because he would be so "polarizing" and so disputable ... but maybe he is a representation of something that hits closer to home.

I do wonder ... but I'm sure RS is 100% certain that it's all Nick's fault.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 27 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Kashathediva Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:46 am

The magic 8 ball is always right. 
BTW
This thread is not always fun. We have our own team of "men(ladies) behind the curtain". When the thread becomes contentious toward other members it  is not fun. 
Just my 2cents

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:23 am

Stealing this from Kasha's sig....

"....Life really is too short. This is a show." - Kasha

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:09 pm

Good Post I agree

These last 3 posts are exactly what I've thought too!!
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:46 pm

reason wrote:I have been reading but I will add MHO.  I believe Nick took time off for DWTS but  regrettable his spot might have went to the new american hero for stopping the attack on the train.  So he is using the time to do things he has never imagine he would get a chance to do.  I hope he find success and happiness in what ever he does.

This makes sense and I suspect it's exactly what happened. The DWTS producers strung Nick along, and I guess he was confident enough that he had the gig in order to arrange a leave of absence from SF to be available for the possibly 2-3 months of training/exposure it would require (and collect at least 125K for his efforts :yes: ), and then when they found somebody "better" to fill the last spot, dropped him like a hot potato. I imagine he decided to not go back to SF (not sure how easy it is to cancel a leave of absence no idea ) and instead take the opportunity to explore new options, like the modeling, and also to enjoy the more positive fame and fan response that his appearance on Kaitlyn's season generated (vs the mostly negative response after Andi's). I assume he's got enough financial security to do this, so good for him. It will be interesting to see what he makes of this time, how long this leave lasts, and if he ever goes back. Some do, some don't.

Unless somebody here knows Nick personally, nobody REALLY knows his character, whether they be fans or non-fans.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:13 pm

^^^ I agree ironcat, if you listen to his interview with Stassi Shroeder done the afternoon of the VMA's and posted on Sep 4, 2015, when talking about DWTS even though he was careful, he said (paraphrasing) I'll get you seats [to the show] if I can. So to me it sounds like the gig was his up until the very end and I wouldnt be surprised to learn that he and Allison maybe even rehearsed a bit at that point. I did not see it myself but read here, that she favorited a tweet of someone's suggesting the two be paired up this season. 

http://www1.play.it/audio/straight-up-with-stassi/
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:42 pm

I do believe that while it is impossible to know what is in one's heart, it is possible to decipher one's character by it's manifestation in word and deed. How those words and actions are perceived by onlookers is what causes the question of the manner of one's character. So while I see Nick's actions and words revealing a man of exceptional character, others see differently. It all depends on what we are looking for in the individual. So as stated earlier, our assessment of Nick may in fact be more about ourselves than about him. Thus hitting very close to home.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:47 pm

ITA Re DWTS. ^^^ That.  After Peta got injured in rehearsal and Alek agreed to do DWTS at the very last minute, there was a shuffling of the pros and I believe Nick was left out of the final cast.  It all happened the weekend before the reveal.
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Montaname Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:45 pm

I don't know why everyone is so negative about ANY of these folks from the show taking advantage of the opportunities that come their way from their 15 minutes of fame. When the next new "thing" comes along, most of those opportunities will dry up and be gone forever. If these guys and gals can take wonderful trips, attend parties, make some money, etc., I say good for them, as long as they are enjoying it.

I have a son who is a little younger than these guys and can say that in my experience, that generation is not hung up on getting a corporate 9-5 job with a brilliant future and a pension plan. They seem to be focused more on the moment and the experience. Good or bad - who is to say. I can see upside and downside to it. But I do know that I am officially old now.......
Montaname
Montaname

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:08 pm

TPTB are always pushing the theme who's there for the right reason.  Truth be told, how many actually go on this show strictly to get engaged. They go on for the adventure, travel, TV exposure, and if they actually fall in love, icing on the cake.  

And we, the viewing public, fall for it every season, with RS and the tabs fanning the fire, which keeps this franchise in the tabloid media and on TV.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:19 pm

jen689 wrote:

What a fun interview.
I didn't realize Nick's sister was taller than him and taller than 6'2''? Wow, that's tall.
It was nice to see them both talking freely and a more normal approach than being on TB shows.
I will say, I admire and respect Nick for owning what this show is about and the content of what is shown is what happens.
That no one forces anyone to do anything.
If people are manipulated, that's on them, imo, and even if so, they should own it. :yes:
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by JenTen1585 Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:28 pm

Seabear wrote:ITA Re DWTS.  ^^^ That.  After Peta got injured in rehearsal and Alek agreed to do DWTS at the very last minute, there was a shuffling of the pros and I believe Nick was left out of the final cast.  It all happened the weekend before the reveal.

Just to add weight to your theory .... I always wondered why in the initial cast announcement, there is a portrait with each pro with their star except Andi and Allison. For Andi and Allison, they show two separate picture with a split screen. Hmmm...

JenTen1585

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt