SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 7 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by Nibbles22 Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:14 am

I just wanted to say, I love snowflakes, I really, really do!  :sprinklehearts
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1359

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 7 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by sissyintexas Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:50 am

With no disrespect to anyone (Nick fan or not), there is no way that Nick has to introduce himself as, "Nick from the Bachelorette" to get some action.  First, there is probably no way at least a couple of women in any bar don't know who he is thus the word spreads quickly; second, even if ZERO women know who he is, there is a huge percentage of women who go for the brooding sardonic type.

sissyintexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:48 am

OnePromise wrote:My take on Marcus is that he was Josh's friend in the house and they both were of a similar mindset during and soon after the show in regards to their dislike of Nick.  But after he met Lacey, who seems to be a very loving and compassionate person, he seemed to soften a bit on Nick.  She probably encouraged Marcus to see the situation from Nick's perspective, not just from Josh's.  I think that Marcus still doesn't love Nick, but has tried to remain a bit more neutral even if only for Lacey's benefit.  

All of that to say that it does speak volumes that Marcus's wife can see the good in Nick even though her husband is not Nick's biggest fan.  

Do they like him? I know that Marcus replied to Josh's tweet with agreement when josh said something like "wait, does Nick have a tendency to kiss and tell?" after the Dublin date and Nick's comments to the guys. And, in Lacey's latest Periscope, she said "I heard that Nick is being considered now for the Bachelor, which I don't like at all! I'm really hoping it's one of the Bens". She was also very complimentary of Josh in that periscope. I don't follow either, so I don't know if they were otherwise complimentary to Nick , but I definitely didn't get the Nick fan vibe there.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:31 am

My take on the discussion regarding Lacey and Marcus is... that each person bases their opinion on their feelings/impressions and I don't think any of them would think differently just because of what their friend/girlfriend/wife/husband/boyfriend thinks.
I believe Marcus and Nick were more alike than probably rest of the contestant, but Marcus was more insecure and Nick tends to rub the wrong way specially in the areas of someone's insecurities. I don't think there was ever any animosity between them, but that Marcus thought Nick's actions were wrong and disrespectful to other guys in the game, so he didn't respect Nick at all. Similar to Nick's lack of respect for Shawn this year. So Marcus said a few "not so nice things" about Nick, Nick's comeback was with a few "not so nice tweets" during BIP. Marcus stood beside Josh in regards to Nick, which only speaks in Marcus' favor, that he values the friendship. But today, I would say that he is pretty indifferent in regards to Nick, since they don't have to share the same room or a girl and they don't move in the same circles anymore. JMO

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:15 am

I confused how some think Nick is desperate to be the Lead. What has he done out of the norm??
He did the media rounds just like last year, and he answered question about being bachelor 20. Last year he wasn't considered at all but this year I believe he is an options where the tptb are concerned. It's not like he waiting around doing nothing waiting for them to make him an offer, he is back to his old job, old life and has signed up a side gig as a model and enjoying his life as he should meeting new people and possibly having some rebound dating. Colour me confused how is that desperate for the role of bachelor lead

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove   Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 7 1f49b   Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 7 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:09 am

rosesrREd wrote:
I think of Josh the same way as I do Shawn. They're just pissed at Nick because their fiancés couldn't keep their panties on around Nick.

I don't see this as a big deal.  In real life, among "non-quasi-celebrities",  it's pretty common to not be a fan of your SO's past lovers, in fact, it's kind of the norm to jokingly trash them, isn't it?

Lots of talk about how Nick's post season behavior has changed this time vs after Andi's season, but didn't he also hang out with other Bachelor Nation people then, and tweet during last years's BIP as well as during CS's season?  I don't recall him avoiding publicity last year and completely returning to his normal life (like say Chantal O did); maybe he is indulging in his fame more this time around because there has been quite a bit more love/sympathy for him and he is taking advantage of it.   I suspect if more fans had been on his side after Andi's season, we would have seen those "modeling shots" sooner.

IMO, Nick isn't DESPERATE to be the lead, but I have no doubt that he would LOVE to be asked, and will accept it if he is. His campaign is very subtle, just in the way he was answering questions when asked about it.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:36 pm

I cannot figure out why a lot of people think Nick campaigning (subtly or not) or wanting to be TB is wrong?! What am I missing? I'm pretty sure ALMOST ALL of the past contestants would want to do it too if they were even remotely being considered. The SOLE reasons of good money and opening doors to other possible opportunities are enough to want to be offered and accept this gig for many people IMHO. The possibility of clicking with someone they could start a relationship with (the show calls this getting engaged) that may or may not work out, is just a bonus, again IMO.

Another thing I do not understand is why Clare, Tenley and Chris B (am I missing any?) get a free pass at going on the show more than twice but Nick doesn't get that same consideration? I'm confused. The only answer that I've come up with is that he is not well liked whereas the others are? I may be missing some key information though as my Bachelor experience only consists of: recently Chris Soules' and Kaitlyn's seasons, two mid-season episodes of last year's BIP and I just watched Jillian's season on YouTube. Prior to that the last times I watched was Trista's season and I assume wedding, I remember Bob so assume I watched that but stopped watching part way through Jake's season and the balance of my information comes from this fabulous forum since joining here a couple of episodes into Kailtlyn's season Smiley
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:17 pm

In all fairness, I think that others that have been on any of the shows multiple times have been discussed good, bad and ugly. Same with Nick. Some people like Nick, some don't. This is simply an ongoing discussion that pokes it's head up like whack a mole a few times a week.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Now I see laugh out loud
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:34 pm

rhondam wrote:I cannot figure out why a lot of people think Nick campaigning (subtly or not) or wanting to be TB is wrong?!  What am I missing?  I'm pretty sure ALMOST ALL of the past contestants would want to do it too if they were even remotely being considered.  The SOLE reasons of good money and opening doors to other possible opportunities are enough to want to be offered and accept this gig for many people IMHO.  The possibility of clicking with someone they could start a relationship with (the show calls this getting engaged) that may or may not work out, is just a bonus, again IMO.

Another thing I do not understand is why Clare, Tenley and Chris B (am I missing any?) get a free pass at going on the show more than twice but Nick doesn't get that same consideration? I'm confused. The only answer that I've come up with is that he is not well liked whereas the others are?  I may be missing some key information though as my Bachelor experience only consists of:  recently Chris Soules' and Kaitlyn's seasons, two mid-season episodes of last year's BIP and I just watched Jillian's season on YouTube. Prior to that the last times I watched was Trista's season and I assume wedding, I remember Bob so assume I watched that but stopped watching part way through Jake's season and the balance of my information comes from this fabulous forum since joining here a couple of episodes into Kailtlyn's season Smiley

Just to clarify, and not sure if you were responding to me personally (use of the word "subtle"), but nowhere did I criticize Nick for wanting to be TB, enjoying his fame, or doing the show more than once.  I just don't agree that he should be put on a pedestal, either this time or the last time, for eschewing fame/notoriety, unlike many others, because in my book he is no different, other than the fact that he appears to be one of the minority who actually has a real career, so maybe has less time to indulge in being a, cough, "celebrity".  But he's milking his popularity just as much and is no more "noble" than the rest of them at this point IMO.

And again, no criticism from me. If I were in my 20's, I might do the same thing.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:38 pm

^ Make hay while the sun shines. This is Bach NZ Art Green's motto.
I say that is exactly what Nick should do.
Lord knows he's been raked over the coals enough without capitalizing on it.
Funny enough, he still doesn't list himself in his bios as anything to do with the show.
Perhaps because he doesn't need to.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Ironcat, no not to you even though my post followed yours. I was legitimately curious as to the why he received such a hard time IMO than others did. Kash explained it very well as did your follow-up. I get the "tiredness" but as a Nick Fan, I also understand the admiration for him. Smiley
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

+59
GuardianAngel
jen689
Bet2Win
FLChica
Mustang19