SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 34 of 79 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 56 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood -  (Male) -  Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:56 am

Yeah, it's a very pejorative term. But Australian society tends to be very sarcastic and make a joke out of everything (a lot of the people who watch the show over here do it to make fun of it and don't take it seriously), so if it wasn't the bogan thing, there would've been something else that people would've found to make fun of.

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood -  (Male) -  Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:07 pm

Wow, not nice. hmmm

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Schmoobag Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Wow, not nice. hmmm wrote:

GA is may appear that way but Australian's generally give everyone nicknames (especially derogatory ones) as a term of endearment and "mateship". We don't always see it as a negative, however the flip side is many Australians will also quickly turn and dislike/attack anyone who is perceived to be arrogant, entitled or "full of themselves" (Tall Poppy Sydnrome). Just part of our nations unique idiosyncracies Hugesmile

Schmoobag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Schmoobag wrote:

GA is may appear that way but Australian's generally give everyone nicknames (especially derogatory ones) as a term of endearment and "mateship".  We don't always see it as a negative, however the flip side is many Australians will also quickly turn and dislike/attack anyone who is perceived to be arrogant, entitled or "full of themselves" (Tall Poppy Sydnrome).  Just part of our nations unique idiosyncracies Hugesmile
:yes:  Which is exactly why the opinion on Blake flipped very rapidly last season over here (even before he broke up with Sam for Louise), once he started exhibiting signs of arrogance and started kissing multiple girls every episode he became pretty disliked. And then that perception of him was solidified one he pulled the Mesnick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Niccy77 Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm Tasmanian born and bred (amazingly I don't know Sam though, as it seems everyone knows someone! I'm not even related to him ;-) ) and I'm now living in Melbourne. I think there is love between Melbourne and Tassie. But Tassie is just more bogan and you are right there is a bit of a joke about incest. I think Melbourne people are more "at war" with Sydney. Adelaide people are at war with Melbourne (I lived there for 2 years) and Tassie just sees ourselves as a mini Melbourne.

Niccy77

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:16 pm

Thank you for the inside information. I enjoy learning so much about your country from the posters here.

(I was talking about American's not liking Canadians sad )

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:49 am

Do we think Bec and Emily will be allowed to talk the media this week? Should be interesting!

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:58 am

Sam just said he "genuinely thinks he can find love in this room" to all the girls- pre-intruders

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:59 am

AEF wrote:Sam just said he "genuinely thinks he can find love in this room" to all the girls- pre-intruders

:cutesmile!:

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:00 am

At least Sam was honest to Bec.

I'm not surprised Emily isn't a morning person, after all, she's a Princess. giggling
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:00 am

Quane wrote:
AEF wrote:Sam just said he "genuinely thinks he can find love in this room" to all the girls- pre-intruders

:cutesmile!:

Snez or Heather at that time I think
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:02 am

Dame Kittness ‏@SoftKittyWarm ·
Bec "hello, is it me you're looking for?" Sam "no.....NEXT" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cantstopl cantstopl cantstopl

ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 79 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 56 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+35
nikikass
AllAboutLove
mercieme
iamreal2u
happygolucky
AEF
MissB
ElonM
natik
Kapiti
Sundy