SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 33 of 79 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 56 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood -  (Male) -  Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 33 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:43 am

^ Not sure, Sundy. It may be in Heather's thread?
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood -  (Male) -  Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 33 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AEF Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:50 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
AEF wrote:Are they are editing so Sam is seen only kissing one girl per episode?
Excellent question! Doesn't seem to be the case. Here's the kiss/peck breakdown so far:

Ep 3 = Snez kiss on SD
Ep 4 = Heather kiss on SD, Snez peck at CP (but didn't see it really, Jasmine talked about)
Ep 5 = Nina kiss on SD for GWR, Heather kiss at CP and peck on cheek
Ep 7 = Emily kiss on SD, Snez kiss on GD, Heather peck on cheek on GD
Ep 8 = Snez kiss on SD

Thanks AAL. Was trying to work how far they are prepared to go with editing.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:53 am

What you reckon, AEF? Do you think they are trying to push the envelope a bit?

It seems like they are making it a bit more about "scandal, jealousy" etc but I am so jaded by TBUSA that what may seem outrageous on Season 3 of Bach AU is something I don't blink an eye at (this happened with Bach NZ S1 as well, media made things a big deal and it was the most tame season I've ever watched laugh out loud)
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:17 am

AAL, I think AU is somewhere in between NZ and US. There are specific contestants on AU that are cast for drama but I don't think they are wound up to the extent that the US ones e.g. the exits in the limo on AU are very tame. I think Sam is being edited to appear 'nice'. Intruders being sent in is unique and holding back Lana until now is no doubt to stir things up. I think there is more managing of image and brand than in previous years.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:22 am

Great insight, AEF. Always helps to have some inside view.

Do you think there is a difference between the edit of the show and then the media and how the public view the lead?
It seems the media is much more harsh on Sam as lead than the edit is?
Would you say the edit protects the image of the lead and media can paint an accurate to outright negative spin on the lead?

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:18 am

Definitely don't think AU throws their leads under the bus during the season. The edit is clearly not entirely working. Even the casual viewers are very sceptical of Sam. I think media such as Kyle and Jackie O are cynical because of last year.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:11 am

^ Hmmm... IA. There definitely seems to be skepticism and even a negative spin on Sam in the media. It may be due to last season or just himself, or a combo of both these things or more.

I think that the groundhog date is when things didn't look so good for Sam edit-wise (the 4 minute staged GWR kiss didn't help either and neither do the kiss 'scandals' or intruders).

I find positive comments to be more about the girls than about Sam and even with their favorites a lot say they can do better than him.

Does where Sam is originally from play a role at all? Being from Tasmania?
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:28 am

There is more jokes around Tasmanians than anything. I don't think the bec Bali situation is making sam look good either. I think it has been mismanaged.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:30 am

There's definitely a stigma associated with Tasmania (it's like the butt of every joke, kind of similar to the whole "Americans hate Canada" running joke, but not as extreme) but I don't think that has played much of a role in the perception of him. His business is pretty well known here in Melbourne even prior to him going on the show, so I think that that's more associated with him than Tasmania is.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:39 am

What is the deal with Tasmania? Also, what is bogan? I have seen this word mentioned with Sam Wood quite a few times and that he is a "Tassy boy so what does one expect" when people comment on him in articles or regarding the edit.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:47 am

Bogan is kind of hard to explain because it's so colloquial, but I guess it's kind of like rednecks, but without the guns?  giggling It's kind of associated with being not classy and uneducated. There's just a lot of jokes about Tasmania being rife with incest (which it isn't, but that's just a running joke that everyone goes along with) and lower socioeconomic groups/lack of intelligence, so I guess that's where the whole "Sam is a bogan" thing comes from. And the fact that he has a really strong Aussie accent doesn't help.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:51 am

^ Oh boy. So not a good term. Now it makes sense that before his season even started when Sam was announced as TB people were making those comments.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 79 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 56 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+35
nikikass
AllAboutLove
mercieme
iamreal2u
happygolucky
AEF
MissB
ElonM
natik
Kapiti
Sundy