SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Page 66 of 79 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 72 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 66 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by bleuberry Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:50 pm

I don't get why he'd be held to high standards? The criticism he gets is no different than so many other polarizing contestants got before him.

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 66 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 66 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Since Nick is the only male contestant in Bette history to be F2 twice, he definitely is an anomaly.

There have been many posts discussed on this forum comparing Nick and other contestants behavior so no need for me to repeat, however, the common issue is that usually when comparing similar behavior between Nick and someone else, Nick is the one who gets the negative feedback or lack of sympathy. It just is what it is at this point, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:03 pm

I can actually think of 3 or 4 people who IMO had it much worse, and they had nowhere near the fanbase defending him as Nick has.

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 66 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:05 pm

bleuberry wrote:I can actually think of 3 or 4 people who IMO had it much worse, and they had nowhere near the fanbase defending him as Nick has.
Oh yeah! Me, too!  cantstopl

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:18 pm

I'm not sure if this is rhetorical question or not but some people just don't like Nick or care for him (tv version obviously). It's not because I hold him to a higher standard or anything else, I just don't like him but I do find him fun/dramatic so he can stay laugh out loud. That's really it.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:19 pm

bleuberry wrote:I can actually think of 3 or 4 people who IMO had it much worse, and they had nowhere near the fanbase defending him as Nick has.
As F2 (meaning, not lead but also F2 guys)?
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:52 am

Reading the forum this morning gives me a great calm, knowing that Nick will not be the next bachelor. His family would be against it and if he has an ounce of intelligence left after 2 risky endeavors that left him short, he wouldn't want it anyway.

This adventure was full of emotions for him, so I presume, he has lived to tell and that's something he can always cherish, an enriching experience ... if he's learned smth from it. It was a full circle of the relationship ... in a short span of 4 months ... maybe one of those relationships that change a person forever. So I can understand his sentiment for Kaitlyn and the impact she had on his life. I hope he has found his reasons and answers while watching the show and has found his peace about the ending.

On the other hand, some things never change, to get the gig you have to be "nice", good looking, classy, well-intentioned, kind and generous ... on the video ... appearing to be ... and then TPTB will do what they know best ... create a fairytale story around you. So Ben H. ... good luck boy!

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:10 am

Oh, yeah, I definitely agree that people in the past had it way  Worse and had no one to really defend them, like Wes, Bentley, Courtney, Kalon, Rozlyn, etc. I guess the difference is that they actually played into their villainous roles. It seems like Nick hasn't done anything really this season, but he is still HATED with a passion by the majority of viewers. And if you ask why, it's like "oh, he seems creepy" or "he's such a loser". I guess it's an instinct thing, that I'm totally missing. I do think that he's a little awkward and neurotic, which doesn't make for the typical contestant girls swoon over. I wonder if he looked like Ben H, would he be getting all this hate? It just seems like viewers are more willing to let a hot guy get away with anything.

Btw, JJ said that Nick is a bit self-absorbed on the periscope he was on. One of the ladies there was so intense in her Nick hate. She was like "omg, if he didn't have this show he would like live in Kmart." People are so funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:52 am

chasingpavements wrote:It just seems like viewers are more willing to let a hot guy get away with anything.

Btw, JJ said that Nick is a bit self-absorbed on the periscope he was on.
:yes: yes I think you "pegged" it CP.

JJ comment ... If it was a simple assessment - I actually agree with him ... If it was a criticism - then I'd say "who's talking?".

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:27 am

I get the sense that Nick is an over-thinker and is inward-focused (which he talked about with his family last night) and that's why he might come across as some to self-absorbed, when it's really just awkwardness.

I really liked Nick's tweet about admitting he and Shawn were acting ridiculous. I think he's getting over everything, even if slowly.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:52 pm

happygolucky wrote:Reading the forum this morning gives me a great calm, knowing that Nick will not be the next bachelor. His family would be against it and if he has an ounce of intelligence left after 2 risky endeavors that left him short, he wouldn't want it anyway.

This adventure was full of emotions for him, so I presume, he has lived to tell and that's something he can always cherish, an enriching experience ... if he's learned smth from it. It was a full circle of the relationship ... in a short span of 4 months ... maybe one of those relationships that change a person forever. So I can understand his sentiment for Kaitlyn and the impact she had on his life. I hope he has found his reasons and answers while watching the show and has found his peace about the ending.

On the other hand, some things never change, to get the gig you have to be "nice", good looking, classy, well-intentioned, kind and generous ... on the video ... appearing to be ... and then TPTB will do what they know best ... create a fairytale story around you. So Ben H. ... good luck boy!

I think his family would be fine with him being the decision maker. He has generated a lot of new fans this season. There were a lot of comments on Twitter saying " I can't believe I'm saying this, but Nick has won me over." I don't see the same hate this season for Nick as last season. I think Shawn's behavior in a strange way has helped Nick's image.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:57 pm

I try to keep in mind, Shawn isn't mature enough just yet to see past anothers opinion and form his own. Competing for the same girl is obviously way to difficult for him to have any rational behavior  so with that I have given him a pass until last night....much moreso than K. Kaitlyn is actually very mature when she is put in a corner. She just isn't a happy person when faced with structure in her life. There is one thing I feel sure of,  she was crazy about Nick. IMOAA, no way no how does the chemistry shown say otherwise. But for me, here lies the kicker. N loves K because she brings out the playful side he struggles with. K is not comfortable with a thought provoking relationship and is no where near ready to grow emotionally. I love to hear her laugh and I do think she has a huge heart. IMO, there is a long winding hilly path ahead with the type of relationship she has with Shawn. They WILL have to keep their eyes focused ahead to survive this path. If she doesn't move soon, I just don't see puppies and rainbows ahead.

Last edited by mprssdbyu on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 79 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 72 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

+69
kimberlyg
megaa
Cecilia
mindless
Beagle