SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 48 of 73 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 60 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 48 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by OnePromise Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:01 am

happydays wrote:^^ dats cute.

++ He's smiling!!

Yes! That is the kind of face that I want the F1 to have. No more brooding faces. He is much more attractive with a smile. Hugesmile

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 48 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:52 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
happydays wrote:snipped..I think K & S are a better match.
I think K & S can make it, but imagine if K went on dancing with the stars?!? She'd really be testing Shawn ...

Bringing this over from another thread. We had suspected from the beginning Shawn's edit was leaning towards the jealous type. The last epi has shown us more of that trait.

I hope for K's sake, this is simply because of what TPTB were feeding him. Being in a relationship with someone who is jealous is not fun. At first it can be cute, then it becomes a worry. You're always worrying about doing or saying the wrong thing. You're always trying to prove your loyalty and commitment, then it becomes just plain work and exhausting.

Once they are out in the real world, they can then work on the real relationship. If she does get offered DWTS, the real world will be prolonged as we all know.

Great post GA, completely agree.

bluwavz wrote:
danilauderdale Stealin' shows and stealin' roses. #ThatsMyGirl @shawn_booth18 @chrisstrandburg 3h
Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 48 11410630_403245686538650_862215697_n
http://websta.me/p/1015482748225794438_44560587

Sorry, I would take Cupcake over Shawn or Nick any day of the week and twice on Sundays. But it is nice to see Shawn smile. Poor boy might have RBF. God helps us if he ever got together with Andi, those children would look so sullen. I know, I know he is with Kaitlyn, just saying it would be RBF overload. Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 48 3806527698
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:14 am

GuardianAngel wrote:I hope for K's sake, this is simply because of what TPTB were feeding him. Being in a relationship with someone who is jealous is not fun. At first it can be cute, then it becomes a worry. You're always worrying about doing or saying the wrong thing. You're always trying to prove your loyalty and commitment, then it becomes just plain work and exhausting.

All very true statements IMO. Of course everything we see about anyone on this show during filming and subsequent airing is through the lens of the producers and editors showing scenes of contrived situations. It's obvious that Shawn is getting the "jealousy" edit but he's by no means the first one to get it. One example of how the edit skews our perspective is the scene of Shawn saying "do you not understand what we have?". The preview showed Shawn talking to Kaitlyn and we heard him say those words so of course we assumed he said them to Kaitlyn; when we saw the episode though we realized he didn't say that to Kaitlyn - he said that to a producer.

The very premise of show itself is a contrived situation and it puts people (especially the lead) in situations they would probably never put themselves into IRL. Kaitlyn herself did something that made matters worse when she told Shawn "you're the one" before she got to a point where she could actually act like he's the one. I'm sure that wasn't her intention - IMO her intention was to reassure Shawn and make sure he stayed "in the game" and interested so she could pick him. Instead that seems to have backfired on her.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:27 am

^ They edit what is given to them. They can edit Nick as lust only because he has given that to them, doesn't mean that's all Nick is. Same with Shawn. He can get the jealous edit and that doesn't mean it is all Shawn is. But if I had to pick, I'd rather take a lust edit than a jealous edit.

There's the show and then there is post-show. One can blame everything on TPTB and the edit but it is always wise to consider both sides. We do have Shawn in snapchat this week blaming his behavior on alcohol. That's not edit - that's himself.

There's "guy intuition" as Joshua said and then there is "women's intuition" and imho, my woman's intuition tells me that Shawn's issues are not producer driven alone, nor based on the unique situation of the show, nor even being told by Kaitlyn he is "the one". If anything, these issues can be better disguised purely because of the show (so thus more easily justified). I hope to be wrong. Time will tell. It always does. JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:33 am

Lucas15 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I hope for K's sake, this is simply because of what TPTB were feeding him. Being in a relationship with someone who is jealous is not fun. At first it can be cute, then it becomes a worry. You're always worrying about doing or saying the wrong thing. You're always trying to prove your loyalty and commitment, then it becomes just plain work and exhausting.

All very true statements IMO. Of course everything we see about anyone on this show during filming and subsequent airing is through the lens of the producers and editors showing scenes of contrived situations. It's obvious that Shawn is getting the "jealousy" edit but he's by no means the first one to get it. One example of how the edit skews our perspective is the scene of Shawn saying "do you not understand what we have?". The preview showed Shawn talking to Kaitlyn and we heard him say those words so of course we assumed he said them to Kaitlyn; when we saw the episode though we realized he didn't say that to Kaitlyn - he said that to a producer.

The very premise of show itself is a contrived situation and it puts people (especially the lead) in situations they would probably never put themselves into IRL. Kaitlyn herself did something that made matters worse when she told Shawn "you're the one" before she got to a point where she could actually act like he's the one. I'm sure that wasn't her intention - IMO her intention was to reassure Shawn and make sure he stayed "in the game" and interested so she could pick him. Instead that seems to have backfired on her.

I am curious for a perspective of someone else. Britt was highly criticized last season for telling the other women about her nap time with Chris. Nick was criticized for telling the guys about his time and connection with Andi. It seems that Shawn told at least Joe and who knows who else after the second group date that he had spent several hours off camera alone with Kaitlyn (when the supposed your the one happened). How is Shawn telling the guys about his alone time with Kaitlyn any different than what Britt did and is it really all that different then what Nick did? IMO, Shawn doing that was to tell the other guys that he was special and to back off of Kaitlyn. The guys for the most part don't seem all that upset about not getting a lot of time with Kaitlyn. Tanner, JJ and Joe haven't had 1:1 dates or SQT. Jared got a 1:1 and gets another as does Shawn, but what about Cupcake, he only has SQT after a group date so far. Yet, he didn't really seem at all upset that Nick got a 1:1 this past week. It really seems for most of they guys that they have been warned off of too much with Kaitlyn. Is this just my jaded perspective, or am I correct in thinking this?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:57 am

Interestingly, reading people's thoughts on "non-desirable" behavior of Shawn and responses by those who excuse him or simply think to understand him and explain his actions ... makes me miss that same benefit of a doubt when it comes to "non-desirable" behavior of Nick. But for F1 things are justifiable, always, until the break-up (which I don't wish them). I do see that the edit plays a huge part in both portrayals and I see that TPTB was given enough material by both players, but of course only Nick is "sleazy" in this game.

OK, on a serious note: I still believe Shawn's reasons for his jealous and possessive behavior lays in those 7 unseen hours, and I don't mean the talking part of ILY. To me that's the relationship that went too fast too soon ... and now it's hard on Shawn to continue the game, when it stopped being the game the moment they stripped down their defenses and it's hard on Kaitlyn, because she isn't much of an actress and more of a straight-shooter and she can't just shoot people when she has a show to pull off.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:27 am

JMHO: Stuck: we are speaking each other's language. I guess the common denominator between Nick and Britt is that they are both not-F1. Shawn is F1 and thus through the lens of F1, will more than not be justified for behavior that is the same if not worse.

And yes, I firmly believe that Shawn told the guys (Joe knew) that he spent off-camera time with Kaitlyn to let the other guys know that he was the alpha and had something more than they did. If he wanted to he could have kept that personal but he chose to let the guys know. Very pecking order-ish.

The only two guys outside of Nick that didn't get the Shawn memo, imo, were Jared and Dr C. Everyone else it seems kinda got that Shawn was marking his territory.

And Shawn confronting Kailtyn on camera time after time just reaffirms the Shawn memo of "Kaitlyn is mine". So now he wants Kaitlyn to reaffirm this to the audience with the cameras there with his "Are you in love with me" question and repeated confronting her about their relationship status.

We all get it: Kaitlyn is Shawn's on the Shawn Show.

No wonder this was "50 Shades of Cray" as stated on the season preview because Shawn is like Christian Grey -- K belongs to him.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:31 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Stuck: we are speaking each other's language. I guess the common denominator between Nick and Britt is that they are both not-F1. Shawn is F1 and thus through the lens of F1, will more than not be justified for behavior that is the same if not worse.

And yes, I firmly believe that Shawn told the guys (Joe knew) that he spent off-camera time with Kaitlyn to let the other guys know that he was the alpha and had something more than they did. If he wanted to he could have kept that personal but he chose to let the guys know. Very pecking order-ish.

The only two guys outside of Nick that didn't get the Shawn memo, imo, were Jared and Dr C. Everyone else it seems kinda got that Shawn was marking his territory.

And Shawn confronting Kailtyn on camera time after time just reaffirms the Shawn memo of "Kaitlyn is mine". So now he wants Kaitlyn to reaffirm this to the audience with the cameras there with his "Are you in love with me" question. We all get it: Kaitlyn is Shawn's on the Shawn Show.

jmo
Shawn doesn't even know when he's actually on camera because he was telling the producer all sorts of things that make him look like a complete a$$ (banging dudes, talking smack about Jared), so I really doubt this is the case. I don't think the camera has anything to do with anything, jmo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:32 am

I think shawn is a cutie and I for one am happy Kaitlyn has a final 1 and RS was wrong. I wish them well navigating through the "circus" of SM and comments positive and negative from "fans" everyone. ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:44 am

Alanna wrote:Shawn doesn't even know when he's actually on camera because he was telling the producer all sorts of things that make him look like a complete a$$ (banging dudes, talking smack about Jared), so I really doubt this is the case. I don't think the camera has anything to do with anything, jmo.
JMHO: It is interesting that aware or unaware of the camera, Shawn's behavior is different even though he is still confronting about issues.

1) When Shawn is unaware of the camera when he is talking to producers he is "making an azz out of himself" as posted so we get the unfiltered Shawn who is pi55ed off.
2) When Shawn is aware of the camera when he is talking to Kaitlyn he is more toned down but still question/confronting
Examples:
"I though you were smarter than that...I mean, not smarter exactly" (so more careful about his wording and backtracking)
"Your actions don't match your words" (so same words to producers but said with less making of an azz of himself).

So to me, it is interesting that Shawn tones down what/how he says things fully aware he is on camera when he is talking to Kaitlyn time after time. And after the 2 upcoming "talks" that will be 3 times Shawn seeks out Kaitlyn to get his validation/reassurance on camera. He could have chosen to do so off camera just like he had 6-7 hours off-camera. Yes the producers want it all on camera, but Shawn is choosing to talk to her once again instead of just sitting back and seeing what Kaitlyn chooses to do. Instead, it seems like Shawn wants to take matters into his own hands.

It is also interesting to me that the "real Shawn" is reasoned as being the person we see when he is aware of the camera and not the person we see when he is unaware of the cameras (as it seems to be the case when defending his behavior).  Suspect

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:52 am

AllAboutLove wrote:***snipped*** And after the 2 upcoming "talks" that will be 3 times Shawn seeks out Kaitlyn to get his validation/reassurance on camera. He could have chosen to do so off camera just like he had 6-7 hours off-camera.
Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 48 3806527698 I keep saying there wasn't much time for talking in those 7 hours. Hugesmile

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:26 am

I don't see Shawn as being possessive as much as he's fallen for Kaitlyn and has to watch her being with other guys. Him talking to the producer seemingly off camera is different because he's talking to another guy and what he said wouldn't be as inappropriate as it would be talking to Kaitlyn or knowing he's on camera. I have no problem with that. I was just talking with friends about that yesterday at lunch and whether our sons swear when talking to other young people vs when they're with us. We decided they did. My oldest always warns me when I'm coming to see his improv comedy skits because of the language. :Nod:

This happens every season. People who like the f1 will defend them and ditto with the f2 (or others). I like both guys although neither are my favorites this season. I don't see either guy being better or worse than each other. They're just completely different. I happen to like Shawn better with Kaitlyn. JMO

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15491

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 73 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 60 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+84
emptysquares
Emilia23_12
fashionista84
eirekay
lurker11