SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 15 of 78 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 46 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 15 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Brill Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:28 pm

From Jess:

Jessica Castro

1 min
We Are Born To Be REAL! NOT Perfect! And @RyanDenino & I Are Far From Perfect. We Are Learning From & About Each Other. So Please Lets Be Nice To Him! ‪#‎MarriedAtFirstSight‬ ‪#‎IGotYourBackBoo‬ A&E FYI Television Network Married At First Sight

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 15 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3172

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 15 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by wharfrat Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:44 pm

Imagine Ms. Castro's friend, brothers, relatives watching this jerk and his antics. The community she comes from takes care of their own. He calls a piercing trashy when he's covered with tats. Remember when the expert did her home visit he wore a long sleeve sweater because he's smart enough to realize the sociologist might have found his tats trashy. Just as in a job interview you always cover your tats. What else did he cover up? Did he answer the questions truthfully. Did the experts really investigate him on social media? Not hard to do and the pictures of this guy in real life prior to this experiment say trashy out loud.
Was the trashy word offered on his part subliminally to describe himself or was it used to put Ms. Castro in an inferior position? He dominated her physically on the honeymoon and the wedding night with the consummation of the marriage. Is the second stage emotional domination? With the bully theme of the other couple, Is he the bully in the end?

wharfrat

Back to top Go down

Post by watchTV3 Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:45 pm

jlccaz wrote:
watchTV3 wrote:Jessica got hard done by the « experts ». Ryan is not emotionally mature enough to build a solid relationship. I think he really likes her but:
1) He is immature
2)  He probably think he is better than Jessica physically, intellectually and in terms of achievement
3) He has a vile temper
4) He seems to be preoccupied with being seen as « soft » hence retorts to stupid games to show affection.
And the previews don’t look better. She looks depressed in her talking head.
I hope that the production is doing some crazy editing work because otherwise I don’t think they should stay together. He doesn’t deserve her from what I see of his behavior. JMHO

On Jess/Ryan -- I thought her hurt stemmed also from the relationship history where her former fiancé's family did not think she was good enough for him.  Maybe he was a lawyer (she's a legal receptionist, etc.).  So she shared that history with him, and then he flippantly throws out a word like trashy, not intending to hurt, but it must have stirred up old feelings of inadequacy ... in a guy so far she likes, is "crushing on" etc.  He has a long way to go to be a husband, but perhaps he sees enough qualities in her, that he allows the Experts and the Experiment to work some changes on him.

As of Episode 4, I'm a skeptic of his ability and motivation to do that ... which is a different question than whether Jess will ask to divorce at the end of The Experiment.  

Both he and Sean have an awful lot of talking points about what makes someone a good husband and how much they want a committed, trusting marriage, but these little speeches feel more and more canned and not connected to their own personalities or dispositions, as they are aired again and again (same film clip often, I recognize),  These sentiments feel aspirational (like Monet saying she wants a man like her Dad), and not real to me.  I think he wants a relationship like his grandparents but at his age (he acts 17) he has displayed none of the characteristics that show he has a clue how to "get there."  We all "want" that sort of marriage.  Knowing that these exist and being able to do that day to day (requires discipline, habit, and biting one's tongue a lot) are two very different things.  

Part of building your own strong marriage is letting go of overly idealized notions about other people's marriages, starting with parents and grandparents.  

Sean is a pleaser ("please like me like me like me") in terms of what comes out of his mouth, but I think the inside is all messed up with anger and insecurity.  She is constantly giving him "feedback," and you wonder what is really running through his head or heart as she is dishing out the (criticisms) and rules for how he must in the future act around her (!).  I thought her behavior was pretty ridiculous last night, even allowing for the Experiment and the Cameras.  But she is not wrong about some red flags as well.  

For each of these couples, it is completely apparent "why they are still single," which is also true of The Bachelor/ette franchise programs.

ITA with you completely. People on other forums are calling her a crybaby but I think she's just super vulnerable. Her last relationship probably left her feeling extremely low about herself. Then she gets this opportunity to get with her "Perfect match" and unfortunately ends up with essentially an immature douche. She opens up to her about her past and the next day he calls her trashy then lies about it and storms off. I bet his grandfather would have never done that.

Part of me thinks he used the grandparents schtick to get on TV. I don't see ANY qualities a husband should have in him. Not one. He has a half way decent face but so what?

A bit OT, Sean has so many red flags, he thinks he is so smooth. AT least with Ryan D you can see his jerky side up front and he seems to be willing to admit his shortcomings. Sean doesn't have that humility IMO

GuardianAngel wrote:
watchTV3 wrote:Jessica got hard done by the « experts ». Ryan is not emotionally mature enough to build a solid relationship. I think he really likes her but:
1) He is immature
2)  He probably think he is better than Jessica physically, intellectually and in terms of achievement
3) He has a vile temper
4) He seems to be preoccupied with being seen as « soft » hence retorts to stupid games to show affection.
And the previews don’t look better. She looks depressed in her talking head.
I hope that the production is doing some crazy editing work because otherwise I don’t think they should stay together. He doesn’t deserve her from what I see of his behavior. JMHO

Welcome1 watchTV3 ! Great first post!

Thanks. I was content with just lurking but last night's episode really annoyed me. I'm super worried that that experts failed to detect the jerky sides of Ryan D and Sean. Both were probably dishonest on their applications

Brill wrote:From Jess:

Jessica Castro

1 min
We Are Born To Be REAL! NOT Perfect! And @RyanDenino & I Are Far From Perfect. We Are Learning From & About Each Other. So Please Lets Be Nice To Him! ‪#‎MarriedAtFirstSight‬ ‪#‎IGotYourBackBoo‬ A&E FYI Television Network Married At First Sight

She is better than me. Kind of like a saint. I would have quit the show after my "Perfect match" called me trashy, lied about it and stormed off. She is a trooper.

watchTV3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Jessica Castro

1 min

Did she tweet this? I think she deleted it...

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:51 pm

I'm just not a fan of Ryan's. He has some things to work on in this relationship so hopefully he's doing more than we're seeing. Storming out was a big red flag for me.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15515

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:56 pm

Steel2009 wrote:

Jessica Castro

1 min

Did she tweet this?  I think she deleted it...

No, it is still there and yes she did tweet it.

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 15 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3172

Back to top Go down

Post by watchTV3 Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:00 pm

wharfrat wrote:   Imagine Ms. Castro's friend, brothers, relatives watching this jerk and his antics. The community she comes from takes care of their own. He calls a piercing trashy when he's covered with tats. Remember when the expert did her home visit he wore a long sleeve sweater because he's smart enough to realize the sociologist might have found his tats trashy. Just as in a job interview you always cover your tats. What else did he cover up? Did he answer the questions truthfully. Did the experts really investigate him on social media? Not hard to do and the pictures of this guy in real life prior to this experiment say trashy out loud.
   Was the trashy word offered on his part subliminally to describe himself or was it used to put Ms. Castro in an inferior position? He dominated her physically on the honeymoon and the wedding night with the consummation of the marriage. Is the second stage emotional domination? With the bully  theme of the other couple, Is he the bully in the end?  

ITA I touched on the same thing in my post above. Something tells me him and Sean were total frauds when it came to filling in the applications. What they think a good husband should be versus what they bring to the table which is 0 in Ryan D's case.
Boy, if Jessica was one of my friends I would have told her to wake up and smell the coffee. And the thing is that it's not only the trashy comment. It's an accumulation of things (trashing the towel display, throwing her into the water several times; the jet ski, etc..). My friends who watch the show with me had doubts about him. I was like lets see but come on, he does crass and insensitive things over and over again. No amount of editing can fabricate that.
At the end of the day, actions speak louder than words. He probably goes into his Talking Heads wanting to smooth over his behavior after realizing just how far he went.

But we are on episode 4 out 13. A miracle might happen....

Last edited by watchTV3 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

watchTV3

Back to top Go down

Post by wharfrat Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:08 pm

If I were her when that plane landed in NYC after the honeymoon in front of the cameras I'd tell him "hit the road" and then flash the finger to the experts.

wharfrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadeh Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:06 pm

I will remain skeptical about how much is staged. For instance, were discussions prompted by the show? I actually think that RD does want what his grandparents had (or what he saw) but he was looking at them from a child's view. I think he has issues expressing himself. I mean he is nearly 30 and he still thinks that poking a girl is showing how much he likes her. He admits to anger management issues. The question is whether or not she can see through his shell to the good parts and be patient and whether he can be more empathetic. For instance she expressed issues about the water: it was cold, she's afraid of open water, she is afraid of the speed. He may think that she will get over these things by experiencing them and seeing that they won't harm her. Naivete on his part. I am skeptical that they can make it work but I believe that they want to make it work. It will be harder for them than Jamie & Doug and Cortney & Jason because neither is Doug or Cortney. They appear to have similar goals: traditional marriage, kids, guy's guy, girl girl. They just seem to lack the tools to get there. I think she is closer than he is. Recall how she said she had a hard time expressing herself? Well she seems to be doing that ok; now he just has to learn too. Really question whether they will make it but I think they both want to do so.

Jadeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:49 pm

.[img]Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 15 Mafs55[/img]

[img]Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 15 Mafs56[/img]

[img]Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 15 Mafs57[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:02 pm

His antics up to this point have led me to think he would be a very hard person to trust with your fears and vulnerabilities. My walls would go up and it would take a lot to bring them down. I've had a person like Ryan in my life and found it never got easier. His tendency to get angry and run when Jess needed to resolve an issue is a huge problem too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:32 pm

I guess for me, I still don't have enough info to say any of these pple are exactly this or that way and I always remember at the back of my mind that this is a tv show and a story has to be told and the story has to make sense. What issues do married pple face? Of course, each if these couples have to face them and either overcome them or crash and burn. I have a prediction tho, at this stage of the show, I still think most of their cast are being very open to this experiment but eventually, in future seasons, everything will be so predictable that from day 1, you can predict which couple will play what role.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 78 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 46 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+102
Gentleman
Kiki_P
cecig75
Susan Ashley
soccermomx2
FamilyFirst1987
ladiiec
Amo630
sherrie714
joshfan
sunchick116