SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 41 of 70 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 55 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 41 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by mindless Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:16 am

I don't mind him being there, even though he is starting to stick out more each week. I just don't think he has any reason to be disappointed over his scores since they are perfectly accurate. No matter how hard he works, he still looks the most awkward out of anyone on that stage, and he makes mistakes, so expecting to get anything more than 6/7 is just delusional IMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 41 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by bleuberry Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:48 am

I'm guessing he's disappointed in the scores because he just didn't perform well. I'm not a regular DWTS viewer and haven't watched since episode 1 this season, but is it that unusual to be bummed out? He's hard on himself, probably too much, and the whole thing seems stressful for him, and to others I'm sure.

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 41 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:02 am

eversotrue wrote:
FLChica wrote: I'd venture to say that if a viewer didn't care for Chris on the Bachelor - for whatever reason - they won't care for him on DWTS.Hugesmile

Patti should dazzle us with her personality / performance as she has been performing for over 50 years. She's spent her career performing with others, so forming an easy partnership with Artem comes naturally to her. I think we can all agree musicality certainly wouldn't be an issue for this singer-dancer-performer.

Robert didn't do well at all this week, but he works hard and has a likable personality. I hope the showmance he's enjoying with Kym continues after the show. If not, it's certainly helping with the scoring and voting. 

I didn't expect an unassuming farmer from Iowa to set the ballroom on fire. I did expect Chris to work hard and try his best in an uncomfortable environment. He's done that. As Len said, it's incredible that he was even able to perform with two injuries. 

I find that recording a show and fast-forwarding through the parts that don't interest me is the way to go!2pop
What's the correlation between the two though??? There isn't necessarily one. Many people who don't watch TB watch DWTS and vice versa. So I don't think there's much stock in that regard.

And yes, the other contestants obviously have different advantages (and disadvantages), but the whole point of the show, and what people gravitate towards: is good entertaining dancing/personalities/stories/partnerships. And Chris isn't delivering any of those. But anyway, my main point was that the other three were better thanhim at those aspects, whether they have a leg up or not, that's besides the point...it just is the way it is. Like I said, he's trying hard though, that should highly appreciated at the very least. He should eventually leave though, no one cares for him but the very few fans that didn't get ticked off by him/people trying to save Witney.
My post referred to viewers that didn't care for Chris on Bach & are now watching him on DWTS; that would be the correlation. Same viewers watching him on both shows. Smiley

There are many reasons viewers tune in to DWTS: to watch their favorite Olympic or professional athlete dominate in another arena, to see their favorite singer/dancer translate those skills to the ballroom or to watch former stars revive their career through the exposure received on this popular show. Those with a background in dance or other performing art may watch from a technical view and often disagree with the judges. Something for nearly everyone!

I'm curious about your bolded statement above. Do you have information on how/why viewers are voting or is this your opinion? It doesn't make sense to me that Witney fans would want her to continue on if they feel she is being treated poorly by Chris.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:10 pm

mindless wrote:
cindebugg wrote:
mindless wrote:
I watched that rehearsal too and I didn't sense any attitude. no idea Chris was just being his usual uncoordinated self. But you're right, they seem to be over it. I do find it strange that Witney hasn't tweeted or IG'd anything about last night. She always does. Maybe she's sick of :headbanging all day everyday already.

She has

witneycarson
10 hours ago
Disney week was a success! Best Hercules I've ever seen- fearless, brave, & strong

 Witney Carson retweeted  
Chris Soules @C_Soules  
 ·   Apr 14    
Keep @WitneyCarson & me dancing! VOTE 1-855-234-5602 Web: http://bit.ly/1BKzsGW  & FB: http://on.fb.me/1gJtKuv  #dwts

She hadn't by the time I posted that. Took her time. Usually she does it the same night.

I'm guessing she was preoccupied with the first team dance rehearsal.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:14 pm

eversotrue wrote:
FLChica wrote:I'd venture to say that if a viewer didn't care for Chris on the Bachelor - for whatever reason - they won't care for him on DWTS.Hugesmile

Patti should dazzle us with her personality / performance as she has been performing for over 50 years. She's spent her career performing with others, so forming an easy partnership with Artem comes naturally to her. I think we can all agree musicality certainly wouldn't be an issue for this singer-dancer-performer.

Robert didn't do well at all this week, but he works hard and has a likable personality. I hope the showmance he's enjoying with Kym continues after the show. If not, it's certainly helping with the scoring and voting. 

I didn't expect an unassuming farmer from Iowa to set the ballroom on fire. I did expect Chris to work hard and try his best in an uncomfortable environment. He's done that. As Len said, it's incredible that he was even able to perform with two injuries. 

I find that recording a show and fast-forwarding through the parts that don't interest me is the way to go!2pop
What's the correlation between the two though??? There isn't necessarily one. Many people who don't watch TB watch DWTS and vice versa. So I don't think there's much stock in that regard.

And yes, the other contestants obviously have different advantages (and disadvantages), but the whole point of the show, and what people gravitate towards: is good entertaining dancing/personalities/stories/partnerships. And Chris isn't delivering any of those. But anyway, my main point was that the other three were better than him at those aspects, whether they have a leg up or not, that's besides the point...it just is the way it is. Like I said, he's trying hard though, that should highly appreciated at the very least. He should eventually leave though, no one cares for him but the very few fans that didn't get ticked off by him/people trying to save Witney.

No one? That's quite a strong statement to make.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:31 pm

FLChica wrote:
eversotrue wrote:
FLChica wrote: I'd venture to say that if a viewer didn't care for Chris on the Bachelor - for whatever reason - they won't care for him on DWTS.Hugesmile

And yes, the other contestants obviously have different advantages (and disadvantages), but the whole point of the show, and what people gravitate towards: is good entertaining dancing/personalities/stories/partnerships. And Chris isn't delivering any of those. But anyway, my main point was that the other three were better thanhim at those aspects, whether they have a leg up or not, that's besides the point...it just is the way it is. Like I said, he's trying hard though, that should highly appreciated at the very least. He should eventually leave though, no one cares for him but the very few fans that didn't get ticked off by him/people trying to save Witney.
My post referred to viewers that didn't care for Chris on Bach & are now watching him on DWTS; that would be the correlation. Same viewers watching him on both shows. Smiley

There are many reasons viewers tune in to DWTS: to watch their favorite Olympic or professional athlete dominate in another arena, to see their favorite singer/dancer translate those skills to the ballroom or to watch former stars revive their career through the exposure received on this popular show. Those with a background in dance or other performing art may watch from a technical view and often disagree with the judges. Something for nearly everyone!

I'm curious about your bolded statement above. Do you have information on how/why viewers are voting or is this your opinion? It doesn't make sense to me that Witney fans would want her to continue on if they feel she is being treated poorly by Chris.
I meant the opposite though. I mean people that DIDNT watch him on TB, but DO on DWTS. And vice versa.

I mean, obviously there's no way to know what America is doing. But the internet is an indicator here, if anything. All the boards, videos, just anything I've seen online have all said Chris isnt enjoyable in any way and should of left before Michael and Suzanne. That's the majority opinion I've seen. The minority is his fans from TB, many of whom decided to not vote for him any longer for a few reasons. Oh, and half of Witney fans want them to get eliminated because they dont want her around Chris anymore (their words.) and the other half still want her to stay so she can continue to get paid the amount that she is (because she wouldn't if they were
eliminated.) and they want to continue to see her every week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:35 pm

cindebugg wrote:
eversotrue wrote:
FLChica wrote:I'd venture to say that if a viewer didn't care for Chris on the Bachelor - for whatever reason - they won't care for him on DWTS.Hugesmile

And yes, the other contestants obviously have different advantages (and disadvantages), but the whole point of the show, and what people gravitate towards: is good entertaining dancing/personalities/stories/partnerships. And Chris isn't delivering any of those. But anyway, my main point was that the other three were better than him at those aspects, whether they have a leg up or not, that's besides the point...it just is the way it is. Like I said, he's trying hard though, that should highly appreciated at the very least. He should eventually leave though, no one cares for him but the very few fans that didn't get ticked off by him/people trying to save Witney.

No one?  That's quite a strong statement to make.
You're right. My mistake. Many people dont care. A lot from what I've seen.

Back to top Go down

Post by star_D Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:56 pm

I voted Chris the first three weeks. But I stopped voting him. Not that I hate him, I understand he is very stressful. However, I feel he doesn't fit the show. Except money, staying at the show doesn't bring him any benefit. Also, I am actually a fan of Whitney B. more than Chris. This week she didn't post anything to ask people to vote for Chris. I feel it's a sign that Chris doesn't want to stay on the show anymore (I suspect those pictures asking people to vote posted by Chris might be actually posted by ABC's intern).

Anyway, I hope he can enjoy his last or last two weeks, and find the joy of dancing.

I love Riker and Allison's paso. Just boarded their boat.

star_D

Back to top Go down

Post by rc49ers Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:01 pm

Just seen a commercial that DWTS will be appearing at the Redding California stadium July 2015, M. Rycroft , from Jason's season and other past celebrities  from previous seasons will be appearing .
Redding Ca. is 1 hour from me but can not make it . Thought I'd post it if theirs a DWTS fan who is close enough to attend

Embarressed! I had made a mistake and said it was last Saturday . I'm sure they will show the commercial , Durning the Monday night shows .

Last edited by rc49ers on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 41 Its-ra10 It's raining LOVE!!            TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 41 Air_fi10 .....And an Amazing Adventure!!  

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 41 Baseball-1 Life Is Like baseball, You Will Not Hit Every Pitch!
rc49ers
rc49ers

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:25 pm

eversotrue wrote:
FLChica wrote:
eversotrue wrote:

I meant the opposite though. I mean people that DIDNT watch him on TB, but DO on DWTS. And vice versa.

I mean, obviously there's no way to know what America is doing. But the internet is an indicator here, if anything. All the boards, videos, just anything I've seen online have all said Chris isnt enjoyable in any way and should of left before Michael and Suzanne. That's the majority opinion I've seen. The minority is his fans from TB, many of whom decided to not vote for him any longer for a few reasons. Oh, and half of Witney fans want them to get eliminated because they dont want her around Chris anymore (their words.) and the other half still want her to stay so she can continue to get paid the amount that she is (because she wouldn't if they were

ALL the boards have ALL said Chris isn't enjoyable in ANY way??? I find this statement hard to believe, surely there has to be ONE person commenting something positive about Chris. And if Suzanne and Michael had received more votes they would still be there and Chris would be gone. Isn't that how the show works? JMO obviously different viewers see the skill of the contestants differently. Different strokes I guess..... no idea
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:57 pm

Rolly wrote:
eversotrue wrote:
FLChica wrote:

ALL the boards have ALL said Chris isn't enjoyable in ANY way??? I find this statement hard to believe, surely there has to be ONE person commenting something positive about Chris. And if Suzanne and Michael had received more votes they would still be there and Chris would be gone. Isn't that how the show works? JMO obviously different viewers see the skill of the contestants differently. Different strokes I guess..... no idea
Yes, the majority of the people at every board, site, etc. think Chris has surpassed his stay on the show. Obviously a few people here and there like him, but like I said, the MAJORITY dont. Chris just got off TB so his fan base is going to be more evident and active, hence his long lasting stay it seems.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdawng Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:26 pm

i've also read DWTS boards that don't like chris at all and wanted him gone a few weeks ago.

His "fanbase" on that show is strictly Bachelor lovers.

kdawng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 70 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 55 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+76
onlyme
LindaPete
Ayana
nannymargie
Jeepers